• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

* Don't even think about building with fair heaven (most rubbish builder eva) simonds builder to go with
* On PCA, WE Put blue tapes for repair with supervisor, After 2 weeks, When to pick key, blue tape was taken off without repair being done, lucky i took photos. (So be care full,do take all photos).
* When to pick key up on settlement, Whole house is dirty, Full of dust and timber particles all over on the house, Paint marks on carpet, on Brick etc.
* Poor workmanship, Believe whole house is build by apprentice, Even supervisors seems to be apprentice
* Only time you get to hear from office,when payment is due,Apart from that (NEVER) SIMONDS supervisor will send you every step of the house while its building
* Customer service is so so poor. After settlement, there won't even reply your email or calls
* Simonds builder is 100% to trust and very neat on there job
* I didn't even knew about this review, till my sister told me and she build with Simond same time as my build, Simond builder will tell you that you can go and product review, Seems like FAIR HEAVEN supervisor don't even know about this or maybe there don't want to tell because of there poor JOB (Shame on Fair Heaven 0

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

So happy with the experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

We started the process well before our land was released (August 2016) and even knowing that the build was at least 6 months away, we had colours, contacts and tenders done without paying a cent until about six weeks before starting the build in September 2017. All on time as promised. Our site Manager, Shane was great in following up and providing updates. Administration can be a little slow getting back to you but once we had a contact from the office assigned for the build (Alicia) we were told everything we needed to know and had no issues at all.
Build was completed within 13-14 weeks and they got us in a few days before Christmas.
All quality work and three month follow up was easy, they contacted us as promised, we didn't have to chase them and had a few minor things fixed up (we had to really look for any faults). Overall, we were extremely happy with our experience!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Amazing experience! Very happy clients

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

This is our second build with Fairhaven, and cannot thank them enough. We are now about to start construction, but the whole team have been outstanding. During our first build, yes of course there were some hiccups being first home owners also. But the team help us through the journey and made it a very smooth and enjoyable experience. The team were only ever a phone call or email away, and all inquiries were answered promptly and in detail.
Thank you to Rod at the Point Cook display for getting everything started with the second build. And a big thank you to our CRO Melissa at the Berwick office who organised everything around our travel from Geelong.
THANK YOU! Maybe a 3rd build soon

Awesome fabulous!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Customers service has just been excellent kitsa was awesome to deal with anytime. Always promptly replied to emails and very very helpful. Kade in sales was great to deal with and also when we came for our color and electrical the lady who served us was awesome as well She was very detailed and accurate. Tender stage was explained so well in detail made us understand everything. Overall everyone whom we have dealt with have been really great and we are really hopingbour building stage will be the same

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Good sales & customer service, just okay quality, poor Service team after settlement

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

The Sales and customer service were good and quick to respond. Quality is just okay, I have small cracks throughout the house on walls, doors & windows but service team won't fix them even though they were raised within 90 days after settlement, claiming they are not too big to be fixed, won't even respond to emails, very poor service.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Excellent customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

Emilia Gale is our Customer service person and her support is excellent,Emilia has done so much for us, and we are so grateful for her service, i cannot say anything yet about the building stage as its early now besides it is going slower than we thought due to issues with framer, but the framer should be finished soon so then we will see whats next.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Pleasantly surprised!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

We are extremely happy with Fairhaven Homes. It was a smooth building experience with no hassles at all. Our supervisor, Anthony, regularly updates us with the progress. He was just a phone call away from any queries we may have. He accommodated our time availability in meeting us in the construction site. He patiently answers all questions and concerns. Our customer service, Erin, also provided weekly update and the expected next steps. We were well informed every step of the way. A very good experience indeed. Thanks to the rest of the team - sales (Gary), colour consultant (Wendy), et al...cheers everyone!

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Francis and Lynn,
We are very appreciative of you taking the time to write a review for us.
Thank you for the lovely feedback.

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2018

This will be the third time in 6 years that we have built with Fairhaven and so far the experience has been as great this time as the previous two. We would like to thank Paul from the sales office in Waterford Rise for his help, patience and suggestions. He was always more than happy to answer our questions and his estimates were spot on. Wendy was also a great help during the selections meeting and as she had been our consultant twice before, it felt like we were old friends. Her suggestions were very helpful. The same can be said for Andrew as we had met him
during previous tender appointments and it was very relaxing and great to see them again. Also, a big thank you to Jacqui for getting us through
the pre construction stage. She was always very helpful and answered any queries promptly and efficiently, was very approachable and easy to contact. So far, Avery good experience.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Robby,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
All the best with your new home.

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Fairhaven Homes, Breamlea 504 Nightmare still dragging out 2 years later.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

1, House still has all the original issues and now we have a rusted hole through our roof sheets going on for two years now with no end in sight.
2, Fairhaven Homes sent their plumber to correct the water feature coming off our roof, So that makes it a third time repair and its still not fixed. See it on YOUTUBE at Fairhaven Homes Water Feature On Our Breamlea 504.
3, Our front door blows open and whistles loud at night and we are now sick of waiting so have loaded it up on YOUTUBE at FAIRHAVEN HOMES-Breamlea 504 Front door. and Fairhaven Homes Self Opening Front Door see for yourself.
4, i will be loading up other Breamlea 504 images of our cracked tilling to the front of the house and the metal roof with rusted hole through the sheet and the Garage roof which has 3 roof sheets screwed on top of each other. LOOK for my Youtube uploads so everyone can see what Fairhaven Homes Handover To Their Customers.
5, Electrical issues in the kitchen and laundry with circuit Breaker overloading as the Washing machine, Dryer power points, Fridge, Dishwasher, Microwave, toaster, kettle and all on the same circuit and clearly exceed a 20 amps circuit breaker. Furthermore i was treated like a idiot buy their electrician until i did the load calculation for HIM and also demonstrated it overloading in front of him. Another report made and still no action.
6. All out stainless steel balustrading is loose and banging in the wind at the front of the house. Again another report done and nothing done as the Fairhaven Homes Maintenance guy scratched his head and left.
7. Termite Protection pipe not installed in the ground so we have no warranty so certificate is worthless should we need to make a claim down the track. Again report made and still no action.
8, Plaster joints coming apart in the corners down stairs. Screws showing through the plaster ceiling.
9, Spray paint on walls is total rubbish, joints can be seen through paint.
10, Brick layers didn't use spirit levels so now the windows jams in frames when trying to force them open.
11, Bricks not cleaned. Again report done and still no action.
12, Basically its rubbish that cost $500K with no chance of this builder FAIRHAVEN HOMES trying to fixing it.
13, Buyer Beware

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Check out the
FAIRHAVEN HOMES- Breamlea 504 Building Quality of roof on YOUTUBE.
This is what they handed over.

To further add to the growing list of major defects we now have a rusted 1 cm hole through our new roof which was caused by the FAIRHAVEN HOMES plumber when he didnt do up the fittings on our roo... read more »

Check out my other you tube videos. Fairhaven Homes New Home Builder Victoria - New Home Design "Quality Build" Another Fairhaven Homes New Home Builder Victoria - New Home Design Quality Buil... read more »

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2018

My experience with Fairhaven Homes has been great so far. This is my first home so I was a bit overwhelmed with the many potential single storey homes available on offer but eventually I was sold on the Riverview 266 house by the friendly sales consultant Gary Ferguson at Berwick Waters. He was a delight to deal with, making the experience as smooth as possible while having plenty of laughs and jokes along the way. His initial preliminary estimate was quite close to the final cost of the house which was good as there was no unexpected surprises there.

After this, I was contacted by one of the Customer Relationship Officers from Fairhaven Homes, Jacqui. It has been a pleasure to deal with her as she was very approachable and thus made the signing/contract process appear less daunting. She also was easy to contact and communicate with either by phone or email and always provided you with up to date information of what was going on and what was needed.
So far, I am very happy with the customer service from Fairhaven Homes and hopefully the next stage of construction will go just as smoothly.

Edit: So construction on my land commenced on the 16th April 2018.I will be getting a concrete slab on the 8th May 2018. I have to say the construction team communication is very poor. I had to email to ask when construction will commence and was told the next day it started today. It would of been great if they notified me a few days before because I had a huge pile of my neighbours soil dumped on my land. I had less than 6 hours to contact the builder next door myself and notify them to remove the soil by the end of business day today or else I would potentially be charged a removal fee for their soil. Luckily, the builders next door were able to organise the removal within the next few hours.

Edit 2: The concrete slab was poured on the 17th May due to weather delays.The frame works commenced late 25th May and was completed by the 1st June. Now the installation of the roof cover is underway with lock up carpentry to commence 18th June and brickworks to follow.
Also I have a new admin from the construction team who emails me weekly updates which is really great.

• 3 helpful votes

Professional and Accommodating

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

We have just finished the contracts stage of our build and are ready for construction. Let me start by saying this is not the first house we have built and probably wont be the last.

The experience we have had with the team at Fairhaven so far has been fantastic. They have been extremely accommodating. They have communicated clearly and concisely, which was so important to us. To give you an overview of the staff we have dealt with:

Sales Consult - Zak was so helpful, after an initial meeting at the office he then came to our home to work through the plans which was so convenient considering we both work long hours. We made some minor changes to the plan to better suit our lifestyle and they were more than accommodating.

Colour Consult - the colour day can be quite daunting if you aren't prepared for it. Yanina had the ability to give us all the options without complicating the process. She was so patient and didn't make us feel rushed when we were trying to make decisions. We were pleasantly surprised with the inclusions.

Tender Appointment - Andrew had great attention to detail. He made the tender appointment so easy being well prepared and knowledgeable. He made some great suggestions when reviewing the plans. He even found ways to save us money!

Customer Relations Manager – Jacqui has a fantastic ability to communicate and we are so lucky to have her as our Customer Relations Manager. Nothing was a problem and she was always quick to respond when we have questions. Jacqui looked at our plans and had the knowledge to foresee things we may have missed and highlighted them so we had the opportunity to add them in so we were not disappointed down the track.

Looking forward to breaking ground in the next week or two and seeing our beautiful home come to life

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi PJB,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed product review about your experience with us.
Thank you for the incredible feedback. Wishing you all the best with your build.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Has been a great experience right from the start, thanks to Jen Chua!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2018

This is going to be our 2nd house construction in Melbourne, and I must say Fairhaven experience has been very good overall - Our sales consultant did a great job, was friendly & patient and really went out of her way to accommodate our requests. Jen Chua from clydevale was the absolute reason why we decided to sign up.

The colour selection process was very smooth and we have been pleasantly surprised with the transparency of costing and selections of inclusions they offer as standard.

We look forward to the quality service we have received so far transitioning to the build process and beyond

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Raj,
Thanks for the wonderful review.

My pleasure

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Amazing people, hopefully build goes as easy as everything else has

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

Although our house is not built yet, we have just received our site start letter and so far are extremely happy with the customer service we have received. After a rocky start with someone who is no longer with the company promising things that he couldn't deliver, I thought that we were in for a wild ride. Then came along Emilia and since that point everything has run so smoothly. She is AMAZING. Knowledgeable and patient (we're first home buyers) and if she didn't have an answer I can guarantee you she'd call back within the hour. As I said above, if the build goes as well and smoothly as the document signing with Emilia then we'll be very happy customers.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Shaun,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
All the best with your build.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Transparent and professional service so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

I have just completed the planning process and am due to start building very soon, after initially starting the process with another builder and having a not so nice experience, I managed to move to Fairhaven as my builder. I am so glad that I did, so far it has been a wonderful experience and definitely happy with the professionalism and transparent service received to date.
So far I have dealt with Nathan in armstrong creek display centre, Susan at my colour appointment and Emilia, all who have been magnificent to deal with.
Emilia I cant thank enough, she has walked me through the process and been patient throughout my questions and any confusion, being a first home buyer/builder. She is also super efficient!!!
Im still yet to build, so I will further review once completed.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Simone,

Lovely to hear your experience has been great so far.
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

The best choice .

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

We are just beginning our journey with Fairhaven Homes , our sales consultant has been excellent providing us with answers to all our questions. His guidance and support and the flexibility shown with our requests for some changes has been fantastic. we have had prompt communication to any queries, and constant updates we look forward to this level of customer service being ongoing throughout the process of building with Fairhaven.

May 19th 2018 Update: Colour selection appointment

We have just completed final choices for our Clovelly 248. We were delighted to have had Vanessa to help us through the maze of choices . She was excellent and made the whole experience very enjoyable . Professional ,friendly, she gently guided us to the best options for our home, there was no time pressure and her knowledge of products and practical approach to solving any issues which arose reinforced that we had made the right choice of builder. Thank you Vanessa .

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Syl,
Thank you for the great feedback.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
All the best with your build.

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2017

Extremely disappointed with Faire Haven

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

Extremely disappointed with Faire Haven,
We have had bad experience with sales consultant and finally sorted out first step and send the file to Head office .

At the head office house variation was miracle, every single changes made to house advisor forced to to do energy audit.
Initially I paid $ 700 as deposit and Sales consulted told me that we could go up to contract stage with this deposit, however on tender date I was requested pay another $2000 proceeds to next `stage before signing the tender even.

As per the Fair Heven documentation they should take the deposit after signing the tender documents however they have requested me to pay deposit before sing tender the tender documentation. I have not gone through all the document they forced to pay and sing the documents.
this stage Faire Haven consultant have not confirm how much going to cost energy associated cost. I have requested but they did not provide to me. Then they asked me to sign the tender contract without confirming the final figure. later they are going to confirm the final figure. After few conversations they provided estimated cost, it was ridicules amount for upgrade for wall insulation and other associated charges. Then I was not impressed, I decided leave the them.

Then I requested refund my payment $ 2000 as they told to this was refundable payment and I understand that first $ 700 find to keep it as per the tender document.
Then I was threatened by Head of Sales said you will not get this money, and thank you very much. I am very disappointed how they treated us and how get hold up people not providing information and hidden charges, during the tender. They asked me pay $ 2000 before signing the tender document.
It is very suspicious company. Please do not go with them.
I urge them to repay my $ 2000. I will seek advice with to Faire trading.

Extremely disappointed,

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

So far So Good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

From the minute we walked into the Fairhaven display at Clydevale, Hayden has been everything we could have hoped for in a Sales Consultant. He has effortlessly answered the numerous amounts of questions I have asked (even on his days off) and quickly re-priced the many changes we have required.
Thanks Hayden for all your hard work and we look forward with excitement to the next stages of the project.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Super,
Thank-you for the wonderful review.
We appreciate your kind words and feedback.
All the best.

• 13 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Fairhaven homes- what a joke!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Please don’t build with Fairhaven homes. You will regret every moment of it.

As soon as we signed our contracts we had issues. The builder was useless as were the admin staff. Never returning calls when they said they would.

We have been appalled by the service and we will be spreading the word of the inability of Fairhaven to deliver a good quality product and service to their customers. The end result is a cheap quality built house.

We had to get the painter back 6 times to fix the shonky paint work they did. There were countless mistakes on the plans and when we pulled them up about it we were the ones who had to pay alternation fees.

The build ended up going past the contract handover date and they are refusing to pay penalty rates as per the contract. There’s no point in having a contract as they don’t abide by it… Do yourself a favour and build with anyone but Fairhaven builders, it will be your worst nightmare.

We have been in our house two months now and have plumbing’s issues due to their lazy workmanship, toilets overflowing and every drain in the house gurgling. This was two weeks ago and they still haven’t sent a plumber out to rectify after being told we were on the high priority list.. Would hate to think how long you would have to wait if you were low priority.

The list goes on with how many issues there was.. so disappointing.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

nice deal and pleasant experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

We have not build our home yet but we bought a house package to be built when our land will be titled next year. But so far we are happy with Fair haven homes since we step foot into Fair Haven display homes till we have signed on with Fair Haven. We will come back to rate again after the home will be built.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Aung,
Thank-you kindly for the lovely feedback.
The team at Fairhaven Homes.

Jen Chua is our sales agent!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Jen Chua- New Home Consultant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Jen Chua is the reason that my partner and I chose to build with Fairhaven Homes. Her patience, understanding and commitment have made this initial process an enjoyable one. Unlike many others in her role, Jen never once shut down our ideas (no matter how crazy), but instead did everything she could to make them a reality. In instances where changes could not/had to be made, the reasons why were clearly explained and options were given. Jen is quick to respond and was available to us via phone, email and text providing us with answers to any questions that popped up along the way. Jen really does go above and beyond, because of her we had peace of mind knowing we were in the hands of a passionate and hardworking consultant. We truly feel that she understood our vision and allowed us the time and guidance we needed to make important decisions, even occasionally sending through pictures or ideas that she thought we might like. Jen is truly an asset to Fairhaven Homes and anyone who is building with them would be lucky to have her as their consultant!!

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Mollyo,
Thank-you for the wonderful review.
We appreciate your great feedback and kind words.
Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
The team at Fairhaven Homes