Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2020

Pleasant Surprises With Fairhaven Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Being a third time build customer and working in commercial construction, we know what we were looking for.
We are EXTREMELY happy with Fairhaven homes: starting with the great service received by our Sales Consultant, value for money with site costs and upgraded pricing.
We started to talk with Fairhaven as this company allowed for number of changes which were not offered by other builders. Although we ended up choosing smaller home to fit our land, we had many pleasant surprises. After visiting the showroom and receiving the Fixed site costs from Fairhaven homes, we decided to go ahead with the build.
While most of builders give M slab standard, Fairhaven has much higher standard inclusions making site costs less of an issue. We also impressed with wide ranges of selections in the color room and upgrade pricing.
Our second home built with another builder having a high star rating on Product Review. Our mistake was we did not hire the independent inspector from the beginning. We just had the inspector at handover stage: the report of more than 50 faults were frustrating enough! But not as much as we extremely disappointed with site supervisor’s reactions when he received the report.
We are now looking at the 1 star reviews instead of the star rating across the builders when making the decision: Fairhaven has the least amount of issues compared to the others in the industry. Do your research – other builders are known to pay for favorable reviews so ask your consultant if this is the case.
Our land is not titled until the end of this year. We are looking forward for the home to be built. We will definitely hire an independent inspector to check through for from early stage.

Thanks to our New Homes Consultant Diem Ho who provided us with thorough information throughout the process and is an expert in the industry. Do yourself a favor and speak to her if you are considering building a new home as she is miles better than any consultant we have spoken to from other companies.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Nik, Thank you very much for taking the time to provided us with such a great review, we love receiving positive feedback from our valued clients! We are so thrilled to hear you have had such ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2020

Fantastic experience with Fairhaven Homes!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

My experience with Fairhaven homes has been very smooth-sailing from the time I stepped into the Highlands Display. Mark Trlin was extremely helpful from the get-go! He was always happy to share information and educate us about certain aspects of the process we didn’t understand and was very accommodating as we changed our design and inclusions. I would highly recommend Mark as a consultant and would not hesitate to come back and see him for a future build.
Overall, I’m extremely happy with my experience with Fairhaven Homes and I can’t wait until I move into my new home

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are having a fantastic experience, and Mark has been a pleasure to deal with. Good luck and enjoy the rest of the building process, we l... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Worst builders ever!!! Don’t build with Fairhaven ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

The worst decision of our lives to sign a contract with Fairhaven homes. It started off fairly well with the sales consultant, we ignored the second language barrier of the sales consultant & signed the contract as we were happy with the glenaire.

The big trouble started since the construction which started in Dec/17 and it’s been 13 months & the construction is still going on, with the 6th supervisor on board!!!! With every supervisor change, the house construction was delayed by a minimum of 3-4 weeks. The handover doesn’t happen & we update the new supervisor with the current status and issues to be fixed (as if it’s our job).
By the way they have this construction coordinator (a waste of job role for Fairhaven); as she was hardly useful. Had no real information or update for us which was really frustrating & we had to follow up with the supervisor ourselves.
We have arranged Private inspection for different stages & as a builder they wouldn’t take the fixing issues seriously & we had to chase them up.

With our experience, I highly recommend to stay away from this Builder.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Neeha, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are disappointed to read we have let you down. We just send you a private message to request your job number so we can act on thi... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Fairhaven Homes - Fantastic Service, Easy to Deal with!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

We been dealing with Jacqui Arbuthnott at Fairhaven homes over the past year. We found her very attentive and helpful. We were constantly changing items and asking different questions. Jacqui was very easy to talk too and there were no problems that Jacqui couldn't solve for us.
We are very happy with her service along with other staff that we have dealt with at Fairhaven Homes so far.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi there, thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad your experience so far with Fairhaven is going well. We hope the rest of your journey is just as just as good! Good luck with your buil... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Worst communication ever experienced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

We deposited to build with Fairhaven in August last year, that’s now 15 months and we are still not in house. They made heaps of mistakes, wrong cladding, tiles on wrong, the list is big. I have tried for 3-4 weeks to find out what is happening with our house. No replies from them or supervisor to emails. Very disappointing, I would not recommend them to anyone intending to build a new home. They treat you with total disdain.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi there, We are very sorry to read that your experience with Fairhaven Homes did not meet your expectations. We take all our customer feedback very seriously. We just sent you a private message ... read more »

Churchill

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Keep looking. Poor service here.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

They’ll make you pay extra to build out of their main zone and because you are their main trades won’t come they’ll send the crap. Our house took three different sets of painters and an extra three months on what we were led to believe. Our bricks dropped above our en-suite. Their maintenance department email returns undeliverable and the receptionist is rude. Stay away unless you want a stressful experience with rude people that are not proud of their product and service.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi there, we are sorry to here of your unsatisfied journey with Fairhaven. Could you please send a private message with your name and job number so we can act on this. Thankyou for your feedback, w... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2019

Highly Rated Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

We have just finished (yet to start the build) with Fairhaven Homes.
As our first build, they made us feel very comfortable! (even through the millions of silly questions we may have had they were patient and organised)
Our customer relationship officer was an absolute pleasure to work with! She kept us informed all the way through the process, making everything extremely smooth and timely.
The process from the start was seamless, from Hayden who was our initial point of contact (at the Ballina 250 display in Meridian) to our colour selection with Steve & Gemma and finally project managed by Jacqui.
We all know and have heard of the hardships of building through a friend or family on a first second or third home but these guys really made this experience easy and exciting. There honestly was not one time I was not confident in this process once it started.
A few great traits with these individuals especially:
Jacqui - Extremely organised and professional and just nice to talk to!
Steve - Very patient and just such a nice guy!
Gemma - Extremely informative and guided with your colour selection (does not leave you in the deep end)
Hayden - Very honest and straightforward from the beginning
Thanks again to the team at Fairhaven!

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Gavin, We are so glad to hear that your journey with Fairhaven has exceeded your expectations! It sounds like everyone you dealt with at Fairhaven really went the extra mile to ensure things ra... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Fairly slow Builders

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

I gave my tittled land in June 2018 and untill mid of October 2018, they just poured my slab, construction team is so slow and in the same block my Friend is building with another builder and his house is bigger then mine and he is in fixing stage, Everytime i call they have different excuses ☹️

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Sandy, We are sorry to hear that your build has been slow and we can understand that is frustrating. I just sent you a private message to get your Job number so we can get this assessed urgently.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2019

Our journey from the display home to contracts has been a smooth one with Fairhaven!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

We loved the display home at Berwick Waters and the sales consultants were great. They gave us all the information we needed and none of our questions were ever a bother for them. When we reached contract stage, we dealt with just one consultant, Janelle Gabbiani, who helped us along the way, she was a constant from day one right up to construction. Building hasn't commenced yet. Final cost exceeded our initial estimate but we believe it will be worth it. We visited numerous display homes and always came back to Fairhaven.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi there!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback :)
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
All the best with your new home!

Kind regards,
The team at Fairhaven Homes.

• 4 comments
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Horrible Post Settlement Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

I wrote a positive 5 star review describing my Positive experience with Sales Agent [name removed] who was excellent, but unfortunately out experience later on has been very poor so I am writing this review to give potential future customers a balanced view of Fairhaven Homes.

We experienced many delays in the building process and weren't updated throughout the process. We were just given countless excuses and told we would be contacted soon. When I then followed up after a week I would be told the same thing an in no time a month would have passed. As well as long delays a couple of the other issues experienced were:

- Lack of communication regarding issues and no accountability for mistakes made. I was told 3 months ago I would have a door handle on our front door and I still don't have a door handle. I have been told it will be installed soon for 3 months and still no handle. I have been living in a house with no door handle for over 2 months now and have to let guests in through the garage door. This is so embarrassing when I am supposed to be showing them my "brand new home" A door handle was finally delivered yesterday but it was the wrong handle so now I have to wait another 10 business days for a new handle apparently.

- A faulty antenna installed which i was charged $570 for. As Fairhaven takes months to fix basic problems such as my door handle I called an Antenna company to check the antenna as i was receiving no signal. They showed me that the antenna was not mounted properly and had a screw drilled through the cabling, rendering it ineffective. I was charged $330 to install a better antenna than the one Fairhaven installed. When I asked for a refund for the faulty antenna which I returned to Fairhaven (with the screw clearly drilled through it) they refused. They wouldn't even compensate me for my out of pocket costs of $330.

Overall our experience after we made our final payment has been horrible. I have wasted so much time emailing and calling Fairhaven. I definitely will be looking at another builder for my next home. Their Sales team is great but they have a lot of room for improvement in delivering after sales support.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

We just sent you a private message to get your job number, to ensure this is acted on promptly.

Werribee

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2019

Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

We received excellent service by Diem Ho from fairhaven homes. I would recommend Diem Ho if your looking to by your dream home. Diem gave us a warm welcome and a lovely cappuccino and macchiato she made us feel comfortable and relaxed, there was no pressure at all. Diem help us to make choices in how to put our new dream home together. Thank you Diem Ho.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Cleo! We are very glad to hear that you’ve been happy with the staff members involved so far. Thank you for choosing to build with Fairhaven Homes! All the Best.

Diem Ho from point Cook display centre has been very help full especially when we made extra changes to our beautiful dream home. Love her patience with us.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2017

Fabulous Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

Our build got off to a great start, from sign up to build start was a dream. Whilst we had some dramas during the build, these were due to our site manager, and once raised everything was resolved. Every step of the way the communication was fantastic, we were never left waiting too long for a response and were advised every step of the way. After handover we had some issues that needed sorting and these were handled both professionally and promptly by the service department. Marie is amazing. Even over a year later when we had an issue with floor boards separating the service department had the issue resolved promptly and with no questions. I'm really happy with our home and cannot recommend Fairhaven enough, especially after having dealt with other builders, it has highlighted that the service at Fairhaven makes them a great choice.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Lisa, great to hear that everything worked out and you were pleased with how it was sorted quickly. Thank you for recommending Fairhaven! All the best for the future and Enjoy your Fair Haven Home!

• 1 review
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Pathetic builder with zero star rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

ZERO STAR, pathetically slow builder, don't build with them specially if you are a first home buyer, construction team is very hard to deal with, at color and contract stages you will feel like living a dream because they are so nice but construction team will ruin your experience, can't emphasise enough.

We bought a titled land through them in January and they said your house will be ready by May but even August to begin now they are still sitting on the slab from more than 1 and a half month. No on-site work from more than 1 and a half month. They give you false hopes. They keep delaying the framer to start work because apparently he went on holidays, are you kidding me???? We have a building contract with you and you are telling me this??? Terribly slow and unprofessional. They promise a lot of things before hand but nothing happens on time with Fairhavens. Doesn't matter how many times you tell them how important it is for you to finish off the building on time they won't understand and give you lame excuses. You are not valued as a customer once you have signed the contracts.

Site Supervisor sounded like he didn't have any idea what was happening when I spoke to him.

Construction coordinator laughed instead when I asked to speak to someone else.

Construction manager didn't even bother to call me when I demanded to speak to someone else as I was not getting anywhere dealing with construction coordinator. He just forwarded a message through construction coordinator that he is aware of what's going on.

Do yourself a favour and choose a different builder where you don't have to be suffering when their labour is enjoying holidays!!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Usman, We are very sorry to be reading your review. It was certainly not our intention to create an unpleasant experience for you. We would like to make sure that your concerns get attended to. ... read more »

bodhik@outlook.com

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Most terrible builder

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

I really don't understand how it gets the 4.5 ratings. It has been over 3 months now and they haven't even completed frame work. Now wooden frame is standalone in rain and wind over a month. I have sent so many emails but there has been no progress. I only get response when I write some tough words. Area construction manager called me couple of weeks ago and he said I am unlucky because carpenter they contracted my work went holiday without notifying Fairhaven. He said there is no need for me to panic as in they have plenty of time to complete construction as per contract time.

I tried to escalate again previous week and relationship manager told me she has escalated to upper management and I will get back call by Monday but no call from management. Though site supervisor called to say frame work couldn't be done due to high wind and rain previous week. They even don't pay their trades as someone write with paint on the slab.

My experience so far with Fairhaven has been most worst experience. All I hear from them is excuses and they tend to blame each other for everything. I signed up initial contract in April 2017 and it took them to finalise tender and contract over a year. For every miner changes they have to go back to Head office.

I think builder has got too many job to complete with less people. If you really want to go with builder, just make sure you have plenty of time to follow up with individuals staffs.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I have written this review about 20 days ago and I now I am very convinced this is most terrible builder indeed. I see Fairhaven gladly jumping on the 5* ratings and thanking people for ratings. I ... read more »

Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Bodhik, We are very sorry to be reading your review. It was certainly not our intention to create an unpleasant experience for you. We would like to make sure that our construction team are awar... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2019

Couldnt be happier! Thanks to Peter Gerard!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2018

Deciding to build a home with any company is a difficult choice however our experience so far with Fairhaven Homes has been exceptional. I have dealt with another volume builder as well and the comparison is not even worth my time.
From beginning to end our sales consultant Peter Gerard from the Berwick office was very professional and always attentive to all of our calls and emails. His vast experience was able to give us the most valuable advice in finding the most suitable home for our family. Peter made sure our home and estate guidelines were thoroughly checked and went beyond to make sure all of our needs were satisfied so we had no issues down the track. The whole experience was very professional which also made us feel like respected and not a number to company. Immediately after our contract was submitted we received a phone call from our Customer Relations Officer Emilia Gale, who thoroughly explained what to expect next and had dates ready for colour selection.
We are pleased to continue our building process with Fairhaven Homes. We had a tour at the gallery before our colour selections which is in a couple of months and are pleased with the selection of standard inclusions.
We cannot wait to be in our new home.
Fairhaven Homes is by far one of the best builders in the business.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Bill, Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear you had a great experience with Fairhaven Homes and Peter as your sales consultant. We hope you enjoy many happy years in your dream home!

• 1 review
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

* Don't even think about building with fair heaven (most rubbish builder eva) simonds builder to go with
* On PCA, WE Put blue tapes for repair with supervisor, After 2 weeks, When to pick key, blue tape was taken off without repair being done, lucky i took photos. (So be care full,do take all photos).
* When to pick key up on settlement, Whole house is dirty, Full of dust and timber particles all over on the house, Paint marks on carpet, on Brick etc.
* Poor workmanship, Believe whole house is build by apprentice, Even supervisors seems to be apprentice
* Only time you get to hear from office,when payment is due,Apart from that (NEVER) SIMONDS supervisor will send you every step of the house while its building
* Customer service is so so poor. After settlement, there won't even reply your email or calls
* Simonds builder is 100% to trust and very neat on there job
* I didn't even knew about this review, till my sister told me and she build with Simond same time as my build, Simond builder will tell you that you can go and product review, Seems like FAIR HEAVEN supervisor don't even know about this or maybe there don't want to tell because of there poor JOB (Shame on Fair Heaven 0

August 5th 2018 Update: Balcony Rail

Coming up for 3 months inspection, every time I call supervisor regarding getting balcony rail. All I’ve being told that, there can’t find company who fitted the rail. It’s 2 storey house and rail is not very well secured. All I’ve being told that will give you call next day to confirm but till now no supervisor has called him to inform anything. Not a company to build house with.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hello Daniel, Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry you have experienced this, this is certainly not what we want our custo... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

So happy with the experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

We started the process well before our land was released (August 2016) and even knowing that the build was at least 6 months away, we had colours, contacts and tenders done without paying a cent until about six weeks before starting the build in September 2017. All on time as promised. Our site Manager, Shane was great in following up and providing updates. Administration can be a little slow getting back to you but once we had a contact from the office assigned for the build (Alicia) we were told everything we needed to know and had no issues at all.
Build was completed within 13-14 weeks and they got us in a few days before Christmas.
All quality work and three month follow up was easy, they contacted us as promised, we didn't have to chase them and had a few minor things fixed up (we had to really look for any faults). Overall, we were extremely happy with our experience!

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Jaymee, Thank you so much for your 5 star review! we strive to build homes clients will love for years to come and we are glad you had a great experience in building your dream home! Thanks for building with Fairhaven Homes!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Amazing experience! Very happy clients

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

This is our second build with Fairhaven, and cannot thank them enough. We are now about to start construction, but the whole team have been outstanding. During our first build, yes of course there were some hiccups being first home owners also. But the team help us through the journey and made it a very smooth and enjoyable experience. The team were only ever a phone call or email away, and all inquiries were answered promptly and in detail.
Thank you to Rod at the Point Cook display for getting everything started with the second build. And a big thank you to our CRO Melissa at the Berwick office who organised everything around our travel from Geelong.
THANK YOU! Maybe a 3rd build soon

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Breanna, Thank you for continuing to build with Fairhaven Homes! It's been a pleasure to work with you, We are pleased to hear that it was a smooth process and we hope you enjoy your new home!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Awesome fabulous!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Customers service has just been excellent kitsa was awesome to deal with anytime. Always promptly replied to emails and very very helpful. Kade in sales was great to deal with and also when we came for our color and electrical the lady who served us was awesome as well She was very detailed and accurate. Tender stage was explained so well in detail made us understand everything. Overall everyone whom we have dealt with have been really great and we are really hopingbour building stage will be the same

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Jesh, friendly, personal and professional service is at the heart of our company and we are happy to hear that you are having a great experience so far. All the best with your new home, thank you for building with Fairhaven Homes!

• 11 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Good sales & customer service, just okay quality, poor Service team after settlement

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

The Sales and customer service were good and quick to respond. Quality is just okay, I have small cracks throughout the house on walls, doors & windows but service team won't fix them even though they were raised within 90 days after settlement, claiming they are not too big to be fixed, won't even respond to emails, very poor service.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Garry, We are sorry to hear that you experienced poor service after your settlement. Should you think your concerns are not being addressed, please don’t hesitate to contact our head office on... read more »

1 of 9 pages