• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Fairly slow Builders

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

I gave my tittled land in June 2018 and untill mid of October 2018, they just poured my slab, construction team is so slow and in the same block my Friend is building with another builder and his house is bigger then mine and he is in fixing stage, Everytime i call they have different excuses ☹️

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Sandy, We are sorry to hear that your build has been slow and we can understand that is frustrating. I just sent you a private message to get your Job number so we can get this assessed urgently.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2019

Our journey from the display home to contracts has been a smooth one with Fairhaven!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

We loved the display home at Berwick Waters and the sales consultants were great. They gave us all the information we needed and none of our questions were ever a bother for them. When we reached contract stage, we dealt with just one consultant, Janelle Gabbiani, who helped us along the way, she was a constant from day one right up to construction. Building hasn't commenced yet. Final cost exceeded our initial estimate but we believe it will be worth it. We visited numerous display homes and always came back to Fairhaven.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi there!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback :)
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
All the best with your new home!

• 4 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Horrible Post Settlement Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

I wrote a positive 5 star review describing my Positive experience with Sales Agent [name removed] who was excellent, but unfortunately out experience later on has been very poor so I am writing this review to give potential future customers a balanced view of Fairhaven Homes.

We experienced many delays in the building process and weren't updated throughout the process. We were just given countless excuses and told we would be contacted soon. When I then followed up after a week I would be told the same thing an in no time a month would have passed. As well as long delays a couple of the other issues experienced were:

- Lack of communication regarding issues and no accountability for mistakes made. I was told 3 months ago I would have a door handle on our front door and I still don't have a door handle. I have been told it will be installed soon for 3 months and still no handle. I have been living in a house with no door handle for over 2 months now and have to let guests in through the garage door. This is so embarrassing when I am supposed to be showing them my "brand new home" A door handle was finally delivered yesterday but it was the wrong handle so now I have to wait another 10 business days for a new handle apparently.

- A faulty antenna installed which i was charged $570 for. As Fairhaven takes months to fix basic problems such as my door handle I called an Antenna company to check the antenna as i was receiving no signal. They showed me that the antenna was not mounted properly and had a screw drilled through the cabling, rendering it ineffective. I was charged $330 to install a better antenna than the one Fairhaven installed. When I asked for a refund for the faulty antenna which I returned to Fairhaven (with the screw clearly drilled through it) they refused. They wouldn't even compensate me for my out of pocket costs of $330.

Overall our experience after we made our final payment has been horrible. I have wasted so much time emailing and calling Fairhaven. I definitely will be looking at another builder for my next home. Their Sales team is great but they have a lot of room for improvement in delivering after sales support.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

We just sent you a private message to get your job number, to ensure this is acted on promptly.

Werribee

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2019

Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

We received excellent service by Diem Ho from fairhaven homes. I would recommend Diem Ho if your looking to by your dream home. Diem gave us a warm welcome and a lovely cappuccino and macchiato she made us feel comfortable and relaxed, there was no pressure at all. Diem help us to make choices in how to put our new dream home together. Thank you Diem Ho.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Cleo! We are very glad to hear that you’ve been happy with the staff members involved so far. Thank you for choosing to build with Fairhaven Homes! All the Best.

Diem Ho from point Cook display centre has been very help full especially when we made extra changes to our beautiful dream home. Love her patience with us.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2017

Fabulous Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

Our build got off to a great start, from sign up to build start was a dream. Whilst we had some dramas during the build, these were due to our site manager, and once raised everything was resolved. Every step of the way the communication was fantastic, we were never left waiting too long for a response and were advised every step of the way. After handover we had some issues that needed sorting and these were handled both professionally and promptly by the service department. Marie is amazing. Even over a year later when we had an issue with floor boards separating the service department had the issue resolved promptly and with no questions. I'm really happy with our home and cannot recommend Fairhaven enough, especially after having dealt with other builders, it has highlighted that the service at Fairhaven makes them a great choice.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Lisa, great to hear that everything worked out and you were pleased with how it was sorted quickly. Thank you for recommending Fairhaven! All the best for the future and Enjoy your Fair Haven Home!

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Pathetic builder with zero star rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

ZERO STAR, pathetically slow builder, don't build with them specially if you are a first home buyer, construction team is very hard to deal with, at color and contract stages you will feel like living a dream because they are so nice but construction team will ruin your experience, can't emphasise enough.

We bought a titled land through them in January and they said your house will be ready by May but even August to begin now they are still sitting on the slab from more than 1 and a half month. No on-site work from more than 1 and a half month. They give you false hopes. They keep delaying the framer to start work because apparently he went on holidays, are you kidding me???? We have a building contract with you and you are telling me this??? Terribly slow and unprofessional. They promise a lot of things before hand but nothing happens on time with Fairhavens. Doesn't matter how many times you tell them how important it is for you to finish off the building on time they won't understand and give you lame excuses. You are not valued as a customer once you have signed the contracts.

Site Supervisor sounded like he didn't have any idea what was happening when I spoke to him.

Construction coordinator laughed instead when I asked to speak to someone else.

Construction manager didn't even bother to call me when I demanded to speak to someone else as I was not getting anywhere dealing with construction coordinator. He just forwarded a message through construction coordinator that he is aware of what's going on.

Do yourself a favour and choose a different builder where you don't have to be suffering when their labour is enjoying holidays!!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Usman, We are very sorry to be reading your review. It was certainly not our intention to create an unpleasant experience for you. We would like to make sure that your concerns get attended to. ... read more »

bodhik@outlook.com

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Most terrible builder

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

I really don't understand how it gets the 4.5 ratings. It has been over 3 months now and they haven't even completed frame work. Now wooden frame is standalone in rain and wind over a month. I have sent so many emails but there has been no progress. I only get response when I write some tough words. Area construction manager called me couple of weeks ago and he said I am unlucky because carpenter they contracted my work went holiday without notifying Fairhaven. He said there is no need for me to panic as in they have plenty of time to complete construction as per contract time.

I tried to escalate again previous week and relationship manager told me she has escalated to upper management and I will get back call by Monday but no call from management. Though site supervisor called to say frame work couldn't be done due to high wind and rain previous week. They even don't pay their trades as someone write with paint on the slab.

My experience so far with Fairhaven has been most worst experience. All I hear from them is excuses and they tend to blame each other for everything. I signed up initial contract in April 2017 and it took them to finalise tender and contract over a year. For every miner changes they have to go back to Head office.

I think builder has got too many job to complete with less people. If you really want to go with builder, just make sure you have plenty of time to follow up with individuals staffs.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I have written this review about 20 days ago and I now I am very convinced this is most terrible builder indeed. I see Fairhaven gladly jumping on the 5* ratings and thanking people for ratings. I ... read more »

Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Bodhik, We are very sorry to be reading your review. It was certainly not our intention to create an unpleasant experience for you. We would like to make sure that our construction team are awar... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2019

Couldnt be happier! Thanks to Peter Gerard!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2018

Deciding to build a home with any company is a difficult choice however our experience so far with Fairhaven Homes has been exceptional. I have dealt with another volume builder as well and the comparison is not even worth my time.
From beginning to end our sales consultant Peter Gerard from the Berwick office was very professional and always attentive to all of our calls and emails. His vast experience was able to give us the most valuable advice in finding the most suitable home for our family. Peter made sure our home and estate guidelines were thoroughly checked and went beyond to make sure all of our needs were satisfied so we had no issues down the track. The whole experience was very professional which also made us feel like respected and not a number to company. Immediately after our contract was submitted we received a phone call from our Customer Relations Officer Emilia Gale, who thoroughly explained what to expect next and had dates ready for colour selection.
We are pleased to continue our building process with Fairhaven Homes. We had a tour at the gallery before our colour selections which is in a couple of months and are pleased with the selection of standard inclusions.
We cannot wait to be in our new home.
Fairhaven Homes is by far one of the best builders in the business.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Bill, Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear you had a great experience with Fairhaven Homes and Peter as your sales consultant. We hope you enjoy many happy years in your dream home!

• 1 review
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

* Don't even think about building with fair heaven (most rubbish builder eva) simonds builder to go with
* On PCA, WE Put blue tapes for repair with supervisor, After 2 weeks, When to pick key, blue tape was taken off without repair being done, lucky i took photos. (So be care full,do take all photos).
* When to pick key up on settlement, Whole house is dirty, Full of dust and timber particles all over on the house, Paint marks on carpet, on Brick etc.
* Poor workmanship, Believe whole house is build by apprentice, Even supervisors seems to be apprentice
* Only time you get to hear from office,when payment is due,Apart from that (NEVER) SIMONDS supervisor will send you every step of the house while its building
* Customer service is so so poor. After settlement, there won't even reply your email or calls
* Simonds builder is 100% to trust and very neat on there job
* I didn't even knew about this review, till my sister told me and she build with Simond same time as my build, Simond builder will tell you that you can go and product review, Seems like FAIR HEAVEN supervisor don't even know about this or maybe there don't want to tell because of there poor JOB (Shame on Fair Heaven 0

August 5th 2018 Update: Balcony Rail

Coming up for 3 months inspection, every time I call supervisor regarding getting balcony rail. All I’ve being told that, there can’t find company who fitted the rail. It’s 2 storey house and rail is not very well secured. All I’ve being told that will give you call next day to confirm but till now no supervisor has called him to inform anything. Not a company to build house with.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hello Daniel, Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry you have experienced this, this is certainly not what we want our custo... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

So happy with the experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

We started the process well before our land was released (August 2016) and even knowing that the build was at least 6 months away, we had colours, contacts and tenders done without paying a cent until about six weeks before starting the build in September 2017. All on time as promised. Our site Manager, Shane was great in following up and providing updates. Administration can be a little slow getting back to you but once we had a contact from the office assigned for the build (Alicia) we were told everything we needed to know and had no issues at all.
Build was completed within 13-14 weeks and they got us in a few days before Christmas.
All quality work and three month follow up was easy, they contacted us as promised, we didn't have to chase them and had a few minor things fixed up (we had to really look for any faults). Overall, we were extremely happy with our experience!

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Jaymee, Thank you so much for your 5 star review! we strive to build homes clients will love for years to come and we are glad you had a great experience in building your dream home! Thanks for building with Fairhaven Homes!

Amazing experience! Very happy clients

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

This is our second build with Fairhaven, and cannot thank them enough. We are now about to start construction, but the whole team have been outstanding. During our first build, yes of course there were some hiccups being first home owners also. But the team help us through the journey and made it a very smooth and enjoyable experience. The team were only ever a phone call or email away, and all inquiries were answered promptly and in detail.
Thank you to Rod at the Point Cook display for getting everything started with the second build. And a big thank you to our CRO Melissa at the Berwick office who organised everything around our travel from Geelong.
THANK YOU! Maybe a 3rd build soon

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Breanna, Thank you for continuing to build with Fairhaven Homes! It's been a pleasure to work with you, We are pleased to hear that it was a smooth process and we hope you enjoy your new home!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Awesome fabulous!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Customers service has just been excellent kitsa was awesome to deal with anytime. Always promptly replied to emails and very very helpful. Kade in sales was great to deal with and also when we came for our color and electrical the lady who served us was awesome as well She was very detailed and accurate. Tender stage was explained so well in detail made us understand everything. Overall everyone whom we have dealt with have been really great and we are really hopingbour building stage will be the same

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Jesh, friendly, personal and professional service is at the heart of our company and we are happy to hear that you are having a great experience so far. All the best with your new home, thank you for building with Fairhaven Homes!

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Good sales & customer service, just okay quality, poor Service team after settlement

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

The Sales and customer service were good and quick to respond. Quality is just okay, I have small cracks throughout the house on walls, doors & windows but service team won't fix them even though they were raised within 90 days after settlement, claiming they are not too big to be fixed, won't even respond to emails, very poor service.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Garry, We are sorry to hear that you experienced poor service after your settlement. Should you think your concerns are not being addressed, please don’t hesitate to contact our head office on... read more »

melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Excellent customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

Emilia Gale is our Customer service person and her support is excellent,Emilia has done so much for us, and we are so grateful for her service, i cannot say anything yet about the building stage as its early now besides it is going slower than we thought due to issues with framer, but the framer should be finished soon so then we will see whats next.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Jeff, friendly, personal and professional service is at the heart of our company and we are happy to hear that you are having a great experience so far. All the best with your new home, thank you for building with Fairhaven Homes!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Pleasantly surprised!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

We are extremely happy with Fairhaven Homes. It was a smooth building experience with no hassles at all. Our supervisor, Anthony, regularly updates us with the progress. He was just a phone call away from any queries we may have. He accommodated our time availability in meeting us in the construction site. He patiently answers all questions and concerns. Our customer service, Erin, also provided weekly update and the expected next steps. We were well informed every step of the way. A very good experience indeed. Thanks to the rest of the team - sales (Gary), colour consultant (Wendy), et al...cheers everyone!

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Francis and Lynn,
We are very appreciative of you taking the time to write a review for us.
Thank you for the lovely feedback.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2018

This will be the third time in 6 years that we have built with Fairhaven and so far the experience has been as great this time as the previous two. We would like to thank Paul from the sales office in Waterford Rise for his help, patience and suggestions. He was always more than happy to answer our questions and his estimates were spot on. Wendy was also a great help during the selections meeting and as she had been our consultant twice before, it felt like we were old friends. Her suggestions were very helpful. The same can be said for Andrew as we had met him
during previous tender appointments and it was very relaxing and great to see them again. Also, a big thank you to Jacqui for getting us through
the pre construction stage. She was always very helpful and answered any queries promptly and efficiently, was very approachable and easy to contact. So far, Avery good experience.

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Robby,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
All the best with your new home.

• 5 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Fairhaven Homes, Breamlea 504 Nightmare still dragging out 2 years later.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

1, House still has all the original issues and now we have a rusted hole through our roof sheets going on for two years now with no end in sight.
2, Fairhaven Homes sent their plumber to correct the water feature coming off our roof, So that makes it a third time repair and its still not fixed. See it on YOUTUBE at Fairhaven Homes Water Feature On Our Breamlea 504.
3, Our front door blows open and whistles loud at night and we are now sick of waiting so have loaded it up on YOUTUBE at FAIRHAVEN HOMES-Breamlea 504 Front door. and Fairhaven Homes Self Opening Front Door see for yourself.
4, i will be loading up other Breamlea 504 images of our cracked tilling to the front of the house and the metal roof with rusted hole through the sheet and the Garage roof which has 3 roof sheets screwed on top of each other. LOOK for my Youtube uploads so everyone can see what Fairhaven Homes Handover To Their Customers.
5, Electrical issues in the kitchen and laundry with circuit Breaker overloading as the Washing machine, Dryer power points, Fridge, Dishwasher, Microwave, toaster, kettle and all on the same circuit and clearly exceed a 20 amps circuit breaker. Furthermore i was treated like a idiot buy their electrician until i did the load calculation for HIM and also demonstrated it overloading in front of him. Another report made and still no action.
6. All out stainless steel balustrading is loose and banging in the wind at the front of the house. Again another report done and nothing done as the Fairhaven Homes Maintenance guy scratched his head and left.
7. Termite Protection pipe not installed in the ground so we have no warranty so certificate is worthless should we need to make a claim down the track. Again report made and still no action.
8, Plaster joints coming apart in the corners down stairs. Screws showing through the plaster ceiling.
9, Spray paint on walls is total rubbish, joints can be seen through paint.
10, Brick layers didn't use spirit levels so now the windows jams in frames when trying to force them open.
11, Bricks not cleaned. Again report done and still no action.
12, Basically its rubbish that cost $500K with no chance of this builder FAIRHAVEN HOMES trying to fixing it.
13, Buyer Beware

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Check out the
FAIRHAVEN HOMES- Breamlea 504 Building Quality of roof on YOUTUBE.
This is what they handed over.

To further add to the growing list of major defects we now have a rusted 1 cm hole through our new roof which was caused by the FAIRHAVEN HOMES plumber when he didnt do up the fittings on our roo... read more »

Check out my other you tube videos. Fairhaven Homes New Home Builder Victoria - New Home Design "Quality Build" Another Fairhaven Homes New Home Builder Victoria - New Home Design Quality Buil... read more »

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

There is a reason why it is cheap.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2018

I am a first home owner and I chose Fairhaven Homes dues to it affordable price and inclusions. During my build,there has been a high turn over of staff in admin and site supervisor so it feels no one knows what is happening.

Edit: So construction on my land commenced on the 16th April 2018. I will be getting a concrete slab on the 8th May 2018. I have to say the construction team communication is very poor. I had to email to ask when construction will commence and was told the next day it started today. It would of been great if they notified me a few days before because I had a huge pile of my neighbours soil dumped on my land. I had less than 4 hours to contact the builder next door myself and notify them to remove the soil by the end of business day today or else I would potentially be charged a removal fee for their soil. Luckily, the builders next door were able to organise the removal within the next few hours.

Edit 2: The concrete slab was poured on the 17th May due to weather delays.The frame works commenced late 25th May and was completed by the 1st June. Now the installation of the roof cover is underway with lock up carpentry to commence 18th June and brickworks to follow. I have to say some of the brick works looked unprofessional and looked like an apprentice did it.

The quality of home is not as expected.I chose these builders based on the quality of their display homes but my build is nothing a like.They do not construct the home in accordance with the contract and won't rectify their mistake and instead prefer to offer refunds for their error. So I advise if you are building to get an independent inspector as they turn a blind eye and don't care.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Melina, We are very sorry to read that your experience with Fairhaven Homes did not meet your expectations. We take all our customer feedback very seriously. We would like to make sure that o... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Professional and Accommodating

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

We have just finished the contracts stage of our build and are ready for construction. Let me start by saying this is not the first house we have built and probably wont be the last.

The experience we have had with the team at Fairhaven so far has been fantastic. They have been extremely accommodating. They have communicated clearly and concisely, which was so important to us. To give you an overview of the staff we have dealt with:

Sales Consult - Zak was so helpful, after an initial meeting at the office he then came to our home to work through the plans which was so convenient considering we both work long hours. We made some minor changes to the plan to better suit our lifestyle and they were more than accommodating.

Colour Consult - the colour day can be quite daunting if you aren't prepared for it. Yanina had the ability to give us all the options without complicating the process. She was so patient and didn't make us feel rushed when we were trying to make decisions. We were pleasantly surprised with the inclusions.

Tender Appointment - Andrew had great attention to detail. He made the tender appointment so easy being well prepared and knowledgeable. He made some great suggestions when reviewing the plans. He even found ways to save us money!

Customer Relations Manager – Jacqui has a fantastic ability to communicate and we are so lucky to have her as our Customer Relations Manager. Nothing was a problem and she was always quick to respond when we have questions. Jacqui looked at our plans and had the knowledge to foresee things we may have missed and highlighted them so we had the opportunity to add them in so we were not disappointed down the track.

Looking forward to breaking ground in the next week or two and seeing our beautiful home come to life

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi PJB,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed product review about your experience with us.
Thank you for the incredible feedback. Wishing you all the best with your build.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Has been a great experience right from the start, thanks to Jen Chua!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2018

This is going to be our 2nd house construction in Melbourne, and I must say Fairhaven experience has been very good overall - Our sales consultant did a great job, was friendly & patient and really went out of her way to accommodate our requests. Jen Chua from clydevale was the absolute reason why we decided to sign up.

The colour selection process was very smooth and we have been pleasantly surprised with the transparency of costing and selections of inclusions they offer as standard.

We look forward to the quality service we have received so far transitioning to the build process and beyond

Comments
Fairhaven Homes Official

Hi Raj,
Thanks for the wonderful review.

My pleasure