Verified Customer

Late, Late, Late - 3.5 Hours late!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

Last year I used this company, to move my dad from Drummoyne, and I was happy with the service so I put in a good review. Two weeks ago I used them again as I had to move my 88 year old dad from his one bedroom apartment in Top Ryde City to another one bedroom apartment in the same building. The removalist was booked for 8am they turned up at 11:40am!! I kept getting told they were on their way as they had to find a new driver who didn't turn up. Then I was told that they were 20 minutes away and had to get petrol. Two hours later I was told that they had a flat tyre and had to change trucks and their English was so difficult to understand over the phone. They finally turned up and although the guys were nice they were too, too slow. It took 3 hours to move within the same building block. I had to negotiate a compensation on the day for their extensive delay, in which they only gave me a one hour deduction. This was nothing to compensate for the stress of an already stressful day. Their recorded message states that "moving is a stressful time and they take the pressure out of moving" this was far from the case. I called the office several times throughout the morning and was told that the truck drivers were not affiliated with Fast Removalist and they would not provide any compensation unless it was in writing. I was also told that if I put in a bad review then it would negate any monetary compensation - a threat. So I sent an email and the reply from [name removed] was "we do not provide any monetary compensation for delays as stated in the terms and conditions." Hence, this is my bad review I do not recommend you use this company if you want to save time and stress on an already stressful life event - moving house. I will be taking this to fair trading. If I had seen all these bad reviews I wouldn't have gone ahead with this company again.

Verified Customer

Taking them to the Tribunal!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

They had damaged our Refrigerator on our interstate move from NSW. They initially agreed to pay for the damages despite a full payment from our part. They have not paid for damages nor have the ethics to respond to our grievances. Have made multiple calls and spoken to the Director, [name removed], but to no avail. The Director is a synonym for Fraud!! Have recorded their conversations and have lodged a complaint with the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT). Let this review help you decide NOT to invest your time with this company!!

LIARS -DO NOT USE

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS AND CROOKS
Large move. Told them to bubble wrap the glass table top but didn't and they broke it on unloading. Refused to note it on their invoice. Kept chasing me for cash even though the job wasn't complete.
Chased them about the table top and they keep avoiding my emails and requests.
Going to Fair Trade with this.

Disgraceful!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Do not use! One star is too high for these guys. Terrible service. They lost my bag and failed to deal with it. The matter is going to court and still they don't have the decency to respond. Do not use this company!!!

• 1 helpful vote

Had to phone the police

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

Late arriving then said they would be 1 hour late; after ripping into the manager arranged 20 mins later. Slow service (obviously so they can charge more) overcharged, when denied paying try held on to contents, rang police who were unable to deal as civil issue, ended up paying 6 hour job for 3.5 hour job.... will be taking to fair trading... NB how are they still in business with so many grievances...?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Scam - Very Very Very Slooooow!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2018

They are not fast.. They are very very slow!!!

Moving from 1 bedroom apartment to a neighbor suburb took 7 hours!!! Previous move was only about 3 hours! This is despite most of my stuff now are boxed prior to moving plus I was already move lots of stuff (previous I didn't do this).

Hired two personnel... Two of the personnel's are skinny which explains the SLOWNESS!!! At times I catch one of them carrying just one small box going from truck to the apartment. They don't understand much English too (Indian nationality).

Avoid avoid FAST REMOVALIST!! You are better off trying your luck on other removalist.

They also arrived in my place 2 or so hours earlier and they ask to start earlier. Told to them start at the time agreed but they keep calling asking if they can start earlier!!!

Avoid avoid!!!!

NO Receipt was given too after final payment!!!! DODGY!!!

Unreliable, scam artists

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

Didn't show up within allocated time window, asked for ETA and they said they were 45 minutes away, arrived 2 hours late. Refund was promised by "management" but this was ignored. Went to Fair Trading who they ignored, currently seeking chargeback through my creditcard provider.

Had to book another removalist and subsequently another day of annual leave.

Worst removal company, find another company to handle your move.

Chippendale

1 bed flat $714!!, No insurance, the lieing site, almost fraud

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

Narrow 1 bed flat, 5 mins distance move, both building have lifts,
→ Their fee was $714!! +broke chest $159=$873!!!
-No insurance
They broke our furniture of IKEA($159) till loseing the original shape. They would dropped it somewhere.
We sent the email for insurance with photos, and have called repeatedly to the company, but even if it is over 1 month, it will not be paid.
When we asked "what insurance company it is?", they answered "we do in our company".
In other words, it is not insurance! Even we called 10 times, they answered aiways "no person in charge" and "we'll call back you". They're only waiting customer's give up!

-No Free Box
After the transfer of $200 for schedule booking, they asked us "How many boxes do you need?".
We answered "About 20 boxes", they said "$5 per box ×20=$100, and + shipping fee is $80, it needs $180".
I'm surprised & asked "isn't it free?". They answered "it will become free by refound".
But, we asked "for paying back, when will you come to pick up?", they answered "we never do it. bring them by yourself to Chipping Norton". Moreover, they saied "it depends on the condition of the box whether we'll buy or not, we don't buy it if the boxes have damage."
How such stupid thing! It is impossible to carry a lot of boxes by train to Chipping Norton, even if we carried them, they will not buy them.
So it means they try to sell horribly expensive boxes.
We had no choice but to go to a lot of shops in the neighborhood to get a box.

-Terrible work
Moving to a place that is only 5 minutes walk away.
1 bedroom flat. On 29th December 2017. Both buildings have lifts.
The staffs are perfect amateur.
They scheduled to start at 8-9 o'clock, but actually arrived late and started at 12 o'clock.
First they saw our stuffs and were disappointed that the amount of luggage was not much, asked me "Only 1 bedroom? That's all stuff?".
After that, they brought out only 4 boxes and did not return for 20 minutes!
We went to look for them and had to warn them several times "why do you rest? please carry them". We carried 1/3 of luggage by ourselves.
They tried not to work in order to prolong the time for getting money.
I'm dissatisfied with this fee $ 714. It's so expensive for 1 bedroom moving.

sydney

• 1 question

Verified Customer

Warning do not use this disgraceful company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Please take our advice and do not use this company!!!!!!!

-5 hours to move out of a 1 bedroom apartment , with a lot of hassles no blankets used while moving white goods. Nor was our glass table protected with anything !
-1 guy was extremely lazy and was swearing how heavy our items were.
- not everything fit in their truck , I had to personally fill up my hatch back.
-1 guy cut himself and bled all over our rug, which we had to throw out.
-Unloaded in our new home with newly laid floors , they damaged our brand new floors with our glass dining table that was no wrapped with protected blankets in the first place. The mark goes across 5 floor boards. This occurred in September 2017. We are STILL YET to have our floors fixed.
-HUNDREDS of emails back and forth, I was never able to be passed on to their so called “ management”
-took this matter to fair trading with still no response to them.
- We now have paid for a tribunal to fight this in court.
-Extremely rude staff who I wish I got her name hung up on me! If their customer service was some what remorseful we wouldn’t be this angry. They have treated us disgustingly and we are determined to get our floors fixed by them!!!

Do not use these fools!!!!!!

• 1 helpful vote

Unreliable – Worst Ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

I moved from a one bed in Randwick a short distance to the Inner West.

Fast Removalist took the booking deposit twice (the second unauthorized).

I’ve been chasing the company for the net refund for over a Month & they won’t respond.

They missed the pick-up window of 12-2.00, arriving at 5.00 & hitting Sydney rush our.

The van was covered graffiti & the removal guys didn’t have tools to dismantle any furniture.

I would strongly recommend using another provider.

Overall hugely disappointing, unethical & in my opinion shouldn’t be allow to trade.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Dodgy, slow, damaged the furniture and overcharged us

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Move from St Ives to North Ryde. Removalists arrived late and more money was demanded when they arrived for "insurance" but no paperwork was provided. Most cartons were left downstairs rather than moved to the rooms required which left me with a lot of carrying to do. Fridge was left in a bedroom as it was "too big" to move into the kitchen. However, the fridge was later easily moved by another furniture removal company. I suggest you read the terms and conditions carefully.

Verified Customer

Not equipped, bad communication and damage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Interstate move from Brisbane to Sydney. Did not offer service listed when movers turned up being bubble wrap service. Head Office told movers that we had lifts but we specifically stated in the quote that it has 4 flights of stairs and movers were not properly equipped. Dining table badly damaged with lots of chips and marks. When emailed- they said it’s is fair wear and tear so nothing they can do. Do not trust and do not use.

Verified Customer

Warning!!!! Please Stay Away!!!! Scam Artists!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

-They asked me to pay a $200 booking deposit to move a 2 bedroom granny flat which is what I paid 2 weeks in advance
-The 2 guys arrived 4 hours late on the day of the move
-They brought the wrong size truck (smaller 4.5 ton instead of a 6 ton) which couldn’t fit my items and also didn’t have a rear lift and was vandalised all over
-called the company owner to discuss the problem and he became violent and swearing at my family over loud speaker
-he refused to refund my deposit as I had to organise a different removalist to take my items because he also said I have to pay extra $1000 on top of the $2500 I was quoted to bring another truck
-after swearing at my family and abusing bullying tactics, I refused his unprofessional service and booked with a different removalist which arrived within 1 hour of calling them with a 6ton truck and with full gear (ropes, blankets, wraps) and rear lift.

Now I’m still trying to get my $200 deposit back from Fast Removalist Company.

Please, this is the honest truth and a warning, do not use this company, they don’t even have an abn on their website. False advertising and absolutely rude owner. The jobs are outsourced to dodgy people who are not friendly. Also check drivers license of removalist first.

Stay far away from these people !!! Dont be fooled by their pretty website, its all fake just to draw your attention. Never pay any deposit because you will not get it back !!!

Never again will I be fooled !!!!

If you chose to go with these people, only pay money after they deliver your items. Do not pay deposit cause they will scam you !!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Removalist Official

Hello Lion, I apologize for the experience you have been through, as it really is disheartening and disappointing as customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal, Please email us on info@fastremovali... read more »

• 1 comment

Cheaters total cheats

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

I entrusted them with my move which was a backload around 28th Oct 2017 for my move from Brisbane to Sydney. While through the move in Brisbane they damaged my house wall while shifting and once my stuff reached Sydney by the time I could open and check they had damaged my microwave too. I spoke to their claims assistant called Kylie she had agreed upon the damages and when I presented them a quote through a tradie for the wall damage $300 and microwave damage $259 they made me go round and round saying we now they want a written quote. After a few weeks and lot many hassles I managed to get a written quote and submitted it to them as it was tough for me to arrange someone to go in Brisbane to a home which was now tenanted to someone else.

They have kept quite after that I wrote multiple mails and I raised the issue with Fair trading and till today they have not reimbursed me. Whenever you call them they staff is trained to dissuade you by saying that the person ([name removed]) is not available and all they can do is just listen to your issue but cannot action.

I have no more than #@@# words for these bunch of dummies should have never trusted them

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Surprisingly they left me a Private message a few days ago and have written in it for me to contact them on their email and guess what as very much expected after replying to them they haven't resp... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Beware Never Never Never Use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

Regret using their disgusting service. From operators to loaders. Moved from Parramatta to Canberra. Removalist didn’t have a clue what they were doing and couldn’t stack load into truck properly. I end up waiting two weeks for remaining of items to arrive and paid $1789+$589.
Do not use unless you want to regret.!!!
Their duty manager looks like has just come of a boat and didn’t have any skills of experience in dealing with customers or resolving complaints other than black mailing and charging more $$$.
Out of words ..!!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

I had 18m3 to move from Brisbane to Sydney. They were to arrive early Thursday evening. At 8.30pm I called to find out their whereabouts - told they would be picking up the next morning at 5am. At 5am I get a call saying it would be 6-6:30am. I called at 8am and had to leave message. Again I called at 8:20 left message again.
Received text arrived saying they would be arriving in 18 minutes. At 9am they arrived.

I was told they would drive through to Sydney that day and deliver items by 11pm. Saturday morning I called and left message as to their ETA. Text said arrival at 12noon. At 1pm they arrived unloaded not making any contact.

An old and valuable decanter was broken - I may not have known but for the fact a small piece was left in the box.

Unreliable unprofessional.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Removalist Official

Hello Caro, I apologize for the experience you have been through, as it really is disheartening and disappointing as customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal, Please email us on info@fastremovali... read more »

Never use this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Used this company to move in October 2017 and all went well until they broke the dining table. They acknowledged it was their fault and noted it on the receipt. Told me to get quotes to replace it, which I did. Sent in the photos of the broken table along with quotes to replace it and 4 months later am being given the run around with no resolution or accountability. Lodged a complaint with Fair Trading. Will never use or recommend them.

Fast removalist fast service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Amazing service. Fast and efficient and nothing damaged at all! Everything was in perfect condition when they arrived. Will definitely use again

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I recently moved with fast removalists and they were absolutely amazing. Quick delivery nothing at all was damaged! Will definitely be using these guys again!!

• 5 helpful votes

NEVER EVER use this Company - Worst Removal Experience Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

A 5 bedroom multi storey home to be moved a short 30min drive to a single storey house. They failed to turn up on the Saturday morning. Multiple telephone calls to find out what was happening to be told the truck had broken down but was coming....and coming.... and coming.
At 5pm they promised to be there first thing on Sunday...and never turned up again. Some "other" company (a friend) - supposedly arranged by Fast Removalist turned up later on Sunday morning. They looked dodgy: old beat up truck and removalists that couldn't speak English. I refused to trust the safety of my property to these "dodgy" operators and sent them away.
Many phone calls later I told Fast Removalists to forget it and provide a full refund. They were quick to take my deposit but not so quick to return it. Despite promising on the phone on Sunday to arrange a refund on the Monday it was several weeks of persistently calling and following up before I received my refund. I think they only provided a refund when they new I wan't going away.
If you are looking for a reliable service - DON'T LOOK HERE.
Having read some of the positive comments on the web site and noting my experience, I question their experience. The office staff were less than co-operative, constantly promised and failed to deliver. I would never recommend this company and warn against anyone considering using them.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes