Filter By:

bad customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Had to ring depot because I couldn't field an entry on the website due bug.
Talked to a guy who managed to help me but not without displaying much impatience and making me feel like an idiot while I was clearly waiting his time.

Definitely would not reward this mob with my business.

• 5 answers

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Fastway do not deliver to pick up points.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

My parcel was a week late in delivery, so I checked the tracking number and the response was “undeliverable” and would be returned to the sender.
I subsequently went to the local depot to find out why the parcel was undeliverable and where was it?
Turns out my parcel was at the depot, waiting to be sent back to the sender. They had tried ringing a meaningless 1300 number on the address label and got no answer. No idea who owns the number.
I asked why they couldn’t deliver to the address on the label ( I had asked for the parcel to be delivered to my nearest pick up point - the local newsagent - rather than my home address). Response was “we don’t deliver to pick up points”.
Why did I get the option to nominate a pick up point when they don’t deliver to it??????
In summary, my package was picked up by me just in time.
The package did not arrive at the expected time (in fact it did not arrive anywhere except the Fastway depot)
I was not provided with accurate and helpful tracking information, which is why I went to the depot to find out what the h*ll was going on.

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi Hans, Sorry to see you had a poor experience with Fastway Couriers. Every delivery is important to us and we’re always looking to improve our technology and services for customers. I can assure ... read more »

Thanks Joshua, but still no explanation as to why I was offered a pick up point, but you didn’t deliver. I am sceptical now when ordering through eBay, and avoid selecting a pick up point in case the supplier is using Fastway.

No way Fastaway

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

I won't buy from sellers who use this company if I can possibly avoid. Sadly they don't always tell you who they use. Really disappointing service. Fiddly website and can't enter delivery instructions so another delay again! Seriously cringe when I find out that my package is coming with Fastaway

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi SusN, Thank you for your feedback. We are always endeavouring to improve our services, and in this manner, all feedback is important to us. We do hope you’ll utilise us again with an improved ex... read more »

Gold Coast

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Waited all day but still receive a missing card

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

I waited all day at home expecting a delivery only find out the driver didn’t bother to ring the door bell, left a card and gone. I had to drive to a nearby collection point before going anywhere in the afternoon after wasting my morning waiting. Terrible delivery service.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Thanks for your feedback Jacky, Apologies for an understandably frustrating experience. Our couriers do endeavour to deliver parcels on time and I’m sorry to hear that there has been such poor comm... read more »

Moorabbin

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

2 weeks later still waiting for delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2018

Thought I would give this company another chance after my last bad experience and sometimes you have little choice, so I was hopeful that they might have gotten their act together, infact their pickups seemed to be improved. MISTAKE, organised for collection of an item to go from moorabbin to Yambuk about 4 hours away on the 10th August, its now 23 August and my customer still has not received the item and there is no information other than its in transit. After hearing this I immediately called their customer service number only to be told to submit an online enquiry. Its a joke right.? How more urgent can you get, I assumed their customer service team would be onto it. 2 weeks no delivery and now I have to wait for them to respond to an online enquiry form? If you can avoid this company then do so.

UPDATE; to their credit the problem was immediately resolved and item delivered within 24 hours of lodging an enquiry, FINALLY - thankyou.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi Carol, Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry your delivery was delayed in this circumstance, and I am glad to see the problem has now been resolved. I can assure you that all your feedback is t... read more »

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Seems they take complaints seriously

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

The problem was lack of communication by the depot, resolved after we got in touch. A week after the estimated delivery date a Fastway Official, prompted by this Product Review website also investigated and I received my delivery the next day, so it seems they take complaints seriously.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi Ranier, Thank you for your feedback. I apologise for the lack of communication through the delivery process of your parcel, and am glad to see our support team were able to assist in getting thi... read more »

Townsville

Townsville Distributor didn't attempt delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Hi, I recently was at home during the day and I saw out the window your courier van turn up to deliver a package. As I was waiting for the driver to come to the door - Too my surprise they did not - Rather they sat in the car filling in a card without even attempting delivery! By the time I had realised they were only going for the letter box with the card - It was too late for me to go out my front door. Please could your delivery driver please attempt actually delivering it to the door as I'm sure you are required to do as the transit company the seller has selected.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi Nick, Thank you for your feedback. Every delivery is important to us. A lack of a proper delivery attempt is certainly not what we expect of our Couriers, and is unacceptable. We do hope you’ll ... read more »

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Delays and parcels lost

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I have had many issues with them. Since wrong labelling of parcels to parcels lost or damaged in transit! As well as some of the couriers simply don't care about the parcels.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi Nara, Thank you for your feedback. We are always endeavouring to improve our services, and in this manner, all feedback is important to us. Please feel free to respond with your label and detail... read more »

BB0001631344

Not good Fastway!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

Waited over a week for delivery. That’s okay but then Fastway attempted delivery on a Saturday even though their website stated ‘deliveries are conducted Monday to Friday’ so obviously I was not expecting this and was not home. So they leave a card, telling me to pick my freight up from a parcel connect agent 18km away (one way) or pay for a redelivery. If you delivered Mon-Fri like you are supposed to, someone would have been home as we’d been waiting. I work in transport and Fastway you are pathetic. Not the slightest bit impressed!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi there Hannah, We appreciate your feedback, and apologise for the poor service you have encountered. We are always endeavouring to improve our services, and in this manner, all feedback is import... read more »

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Should maybe change their name to No Way Couriers

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

1. Received an email saying a parcel was on its way. The email didn't say what it was, or who it was from, or provide any options to redirect or give authority to leave.
2. Four days later, receive a text saying the parcel couldn't be delivered, but I could go to the website to redirect.
3. Went to the website to redirect, and the tracking number they provided in the original email doesn't work.
4. Call the 1300 number. It's disconnected.
5. Use Google to get a different number to call. Eventually speak to someone who says they will redirect.
6. Not holding my breath.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi Tim, Sorry to see you had a poor experience with Fastway Couriers. We are always endeavouring to improve our services, and in this manner, all feedback is important to us. We hope you will utili... read more »

UPDATE: 7. Had redirected the parcel to my work address. 8. On July 27, I received an email saying my parcel is "nearly there". I checked the link and it said my package was being directed to the ... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

No driver comes to pick up - email for help ignored

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

We have purchased a variety of pre-paid vouchers - we booked a pick up on Wednesday morning for that day - here we are Friday 2.30pm and no one has come - we were advised to contact [name removed] [Victoria] that he would ensure our goods are picked up - [name removed] must be down the pub with the courier drivers as nothing. We are going to request a full refund on all of our vouchers as they are unable to provide the service the vouchers were purchased for.
Oh - this is a recurring event we book and it is a no show, we email [name removed] and no response. I wonder if Fastway have any competent staff.

August 9th 2018 Update: Yet Again Another Issue

The Knox branch do not keep stock of all labels. They have a book of 5 we want 20 as 5 costs more, so we cannot send our goods. What sort of service is this.... no offer to sell one label at price of a 20 book so we can despatch.
Do they not have a minimum quantity that triggers them to re-order?

Does anyone know of a good national courier service? Fastway is destroying our companies policy of good customer service.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

GAJ, Sincerest apologies for an understandably frustrating experience. I apologise for the lack of concern displayed in the communication from the local depot and driver. I assure you that business... read more »

Hi Joshua how do I contact you, have further issues, Knox office in Melbourne does not keep adequate stock of labels, we have to despatch a purchase and can't get labels

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Not a great experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

Here is my experience to deliver parcel from Sydney to Sydney.
Parcel picked up by FastWay and in their Sydney Depot on Thursday.
Onboard for delivery to Monday.
No one was at home when delivery was attempted, note left and email received.
Re-arranged the delivery online for Wednesday (48 hours notice). Received an email confirmation.
Stayed to work from home on Wednesday. In the morning checked the status online, which said that the parcel is still at depot awaiting instructions for re-delivery (which was submitted 48 hours ago).
Called the customer service, which informed me that the paper work was collected which means parcel is most likely on-board for delivery and not to worry because the system is updated mid day (i.e. with a delay).
Around mid day online status tracking was updated to ready to be delivered in the next cycle. Called customer service again and they said parcel is not coming that day, will probably come the next day (when there is no one at home). I informed them that no one will be at home and requested to drop the parcel to the nearest pop shop. They arranged and said they will drop the parcel but only after they attempt delivery to original address (which will fail anyway).
Next day the status at mid day has been updated to on-board for delivery. Tried to call the driver listed on the web site that covers my area, he said parcel its not in his run and sent me the mobile of the other driver. Other driver didn't respond.
Called customer service, they have no exact knowledge of the status, but say will receive an email when parcel is left for pick up.
I hope I will get the item at the end...
In summary, this is very inefficient service. Due to obvious lack of organization and good IT system FastWay is wasting a lot of energy to deal with simple situations which is very frustrating customer experience.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Waitman, thanks for sharing your experience. I do apologise for the poor service you’ve experienced. We are always endeavouring to improve our services, and in this manner, all feedback is importan... read more »

Brisbane

Worse than Australia Post

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Parcels just sit in the depot until they feel like picking them up to deliver, regardless of delivery time frames. Called and asked why my package is still sitting in the depot well after it should have been delivered and was told there was absolutely no reason for it, yet here I sit still without my package and having heard nothing else from Fastway about when the hell they're going to bother delivering it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi there Shayla, We appreciate your feedback, and apologise for the poor service you have encountered. Every delivery is very important to us and we’re always looking to improve our technology and ... read more »

Poor Service , Unreliable delivery, lack of options

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

I made a purchase online and delivery came on Tuesday 26/6/18 , but i wasn't home so the online tracking system said a calling card has been left for organizing re-delivery. I found nothing in the mailbox and it's after hours when i got home so I did the re-direct option (paid for the service) and scheduled a re-delivery on Thursday 28/6/18 because Wednesday wasn't an option. Today, I waited until lunch time and check the new label provided from the email online and it has no information on it. So I called the depot and was advised that no re-delivery was schedule and i won't be getting any delivery today. And the next available delivery day is next Monday 2/7/2018. I am really disappointed with the service and lack of promise or options available that i can choose from. Worst experience.

*Update*
Fastway manages to deliver my parcel today 29/6/2018 after speaking with the sender. Thanks

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi Joseph, Thanks for sharing your experience. We are always endeavouring to improve our services, and in this manner, all feedback is important to us. We hope you will utilise our services again i... read more »

• 1 question

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

The fact that StarTrack is better says a lot

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

On board for delivery 48 hours ago yet it still hasn’t been delivered and it’s just about the weekend meaning I won’t get until at least Monday. I purchased a book from NSW to be shipped to Melbourne and it came two days faster than the Fastway Shipping from Melbourne.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Thank you for your feedback Varnoleb. I do apologise for the poor service you’ve experienced. I can assure you that all your feedback is taken into consideration to further improve our services. If... read more »

never on time

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

have been home all day , only just found leaflet hanging out front of letter box,
rang to find out can not be re delivered for another two days .
Companies take note ,this is a hopeless service do not use ,have dramas every time don't think parcel has ever been delivered first time

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Funhouse, thanks for sharing your experience. I’m sorry your delivery has been delayed in this manner, as it seems to be a recurring problem you are experiencing. We take all feedback seriously a... read more »

GOSFORD, NSW

• 8 helpful votes

Took 4 weeks and dozens of calls to get the shipment

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

I shipped my wife's bag of clothes from Iraq to Australia, it was supposed to take up to 10 days to reach the destination. Instead, they got my phone number wrong and the other 3rd party shipping company couldn't deliver it to me! so the shipment returned to Sydney. Each time I call the customer service, I got very unqualified operators that give me nothing but crap, keep saying 'we're sorry blah blah we're doing an investigation' for 2 weeks there was no result of such an investigation. My wife and I were so frustrated and angry, in part because we've paid USD 600 for that bag to get shipped, but mostly for the inefficiency of this company, I had to threaten them multiple times of lodging a complaint... etc until I finally got some 'supervisor' who helped me to finally get my parcel to me!
So my advise: STAY AWAY WHILE YOU CAN.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi AhmedCo,
Thanks for your feedback.
Everything you’ve shared will be passed on to the staff involved to improve their communication with receivers.
Again, apologies for the unacceptable service you received.
Kind Regards,
Joshua

St Albans

No attempt at delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I received a message that my parcel was on board for delivery, looking forward to, and also in need of my purchase- my husband and I were both home for the entire day. I checked my delivery tracking late in the day- once it didn't arrive, and it said there were issues with delivery and to call. I called the morning after, and was told delivery was attempted, and no one was home, do I want to reschedule? Well of course I do, I want my product! But I made it clear that 2 people were home for the entire day, and no 'attempted/failed delivery slip' was left. I'm not happy at all, I really need the product ordered for my health, and as we were home ALL day, and no note was left, I truly believe no attempt at delivery was made at all! Lets see if it comes on my rescheduled day...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

PS. The rescheduled day for delivery was today. NOT DELIVERED. Not a happy customer, I would reduce to 0 stars now if I could.

Fastway Official

Thanks for your feedback Blayzial and apologies for the frustrating experience. Our couriers do endeavour to deliver parcels on time and I’m sorry to hear that there has been such poor communicati... read more »

Adelaide

Lack of care

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

We've had many parcels thrown over the fence, sometimes left in the rain, and rarely do they ring the doorbell. Fortunately haven't had anything stolen or broken but I'm amazed it hasn't happened yet. We also once had Fastway deliver a parcel to the wrong address multiple times.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi James, We’re so sorry to hear this. Thanks for getting in touch. The lack of concern and care given to your parcel is not what we expect at Fastway Couriers. We’ll be taking disciplinary action... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Delivery driver with bad attitude & no ways to lodge a complaint with the company

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Working at a government building and have some stringent anti-terror policies in place regarding receiving packages. This Fastway driver attempted to dump a package with only my building name and address on the box. No receiver name or department title, and no sender's details. This results in me being unable to accept the parcel. The driver had shockingly bad English and had a big attitude trying to just dump and go and refuse to acknowledge government policies and laws. Tried to lodge a complaint with the delivery company but there were no ways to do so via their website. No customer complaint phone numbers or online forms to be seen anywhere.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fastway Official

Hi Joe, Sorry to see you have endured such a poor experience. At Fastway Couriers, we strive to continually improve and upgrade our service, and in this regard, your feedback is paramount to achie... read more »

1 of 6 pages