Filter By:
  • 5 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2012

Owning a Fastway Franchise means that you end up working from about 5am till often 7pm at night. The work is demeaning, very physical, highly rushed, and
unattainable... to the point where you almost have a nervous
breakdown.
The exclusive territory you purchase is in fact a way of "locking" you
into a system that you are reluctant to leave because of your initial
investment.
The "churning" of franchisies is high with franchisee's leaving at a
constant rate as they cannot handle it anymore and the franchisor re-
selling territories to another buyer.
The income you earn is not worth all the excessive hours worked.
In reality it is a pyramid scheme designed where the people at the
bottom (the francisee's) take on all the financial risk and strain,
and are completely exploited by the franchisor.

+ Not one thing

- Every single thing

36 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2012

The previous comments regards owning a Fastway couriers Franchise are all true. It is a total SCAM, you willl earn no money, you will work more that 12 hours a day. You will end up bankrupt! Do not beleive what Fastway will tell you. It is all a total lie. Fastway lie and exploit people in order to further their own means. Dont become a victim of them, and keep your money in your pocket!

- everything!

35 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 19 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2010

What a nightmare of a company. Their blatant lying, unreliable UNSECURE deliveries and appalling customer service has ensured that I will NEVER use them again, and refuse to buy from companies who have them as a preferred courier option.

+ Cheap (you get what you pay for in this case).

- I've only ever used Fastway once. I had a parcel sent to me via express delivery. I was home all day for two days that my parcel appeared as "with driver" on their Track and Trace system, and eventually received a card in my mailbox saying they'd tried to deliver but I wasn't home (um, what?). I called the company and instead of organising a new delivery time, they told me my items had already been delivered. When I disputed this they told me they couldn't look into it and said I had to contact the company I'd organised delivery through - who promptly called Fastway and were mysteriously told that the parcel was on board with one of their drivers and should be delivered within a few hours. This didn't happen, and when I called again it was after 5pm and their office was shut. Another call to Fastway and the company that had sent the parcel the next morning and I was told AGAIN that Fastway had tried to deliver my parcel but I wasn't home (completely untrue, and there was no card left this time either!). The next morning I found my parcel beaten up and sitting on my doorstep - no one had rung the doorbell to get a signature, they just abandoned it and left. When I called to make a complaint, the woman I spoke to drawled down the phone "Naaahhhh, complaints hafta come from the sender."

33 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2010

I used to own a Fastway franchise. I earned a tiny little amount of money for a so call "good" franchise. I worked in excess of 12 hours a day. I was treated horribly by the Franchisor. The working conditions are very poor and can be compared to a 3rd world country. People a leaving in droves from the Fastway regional franchise in Brisbane due to how they are treated. Once you have paid fastway the money for your territory they use you to line their own pockets.

- all areas

31 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 45 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2010

Some people here say their packages never arrived but I never had that problem, so it seems to be a case of the franchisee behaviour. Didn't like how expensive items (like my PC) were not signed for even though supposed to be.

+ Not sure yet. Haven't used them to ship anything; only to receive.

- I've only ever received packages from Fastway that were sent by others and I can say that they are unreliable and unprofessional. One time and item was squashed into my letterbox such that it got damaged. Another time I won a PC on eBay and it was delivered by Fastway. Supposed to be signed for upon delivery but it was just sitting on my doorstep when I got home. Big security risk there! In hindsight I should've just kept it but told the eBay seller it never arrived. ;) Sounds naughty, but it would've made the courier driver liable for it and he might behave better in future and stop risking other people's goods.

30 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2010

Sales Reps and management fail at the most basic customer service requirements. Emails sent every day went un answered for over 2 weeks. Area manager arrogant and lacking in any social skills. If it was not for the driver we would not stay.

+ Delivery drivers are punctual, courteous and consistent in service.

- Management, service, tracking sytems is poor to say the least.

29 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 28 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2010

Fastway is without question the worst courier I have ever used. I have had them forced upon me by online stores a number of times and every single time they are consistently outrageously slow. They take OVER a week to deliver a package that AAE or any of the other couriers can deliver in LESS than 3 days. Their Track And Trace is useless as it rarely updates (I've gone over 5 days with no updates) and the people on the phone are just as useless at getting answers on whats going on. I had items sent from Hong Kong to Perth by standard post and they arrived before a package that was sent at the same time by Fastway from Sydney to Perth. Avoid them like the plague.

+ Absolutely nothing.

- Excruciatingly slow, Hopeless parcel tracking that can go a week without update (whole delivery should not even take that long), Poor reliability, Poor phone help.

28 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast, Queensland

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2009

Very surprised this business is still operating. I am only requesting an apology, and perhaps my coupon returned would be a start. Quite unbelievable. I wish I could do the "Pretty Woman Act" (Big mistake....I have just arranged for another courier to deliver Aust wide for major deliveries). Actually, I am just pricing other couriers for another 4 companies I am going to be working with.

+ Personal fastway courier is excellent. Punctual all the time. Pete, I would highly recommend for his part. Office girls very friendly. Unfortunately, the head boys let them down. As we all know a good business takes a whole team.

- A regular user of Fastway. 3 months after sending parcel to a very important customer, I receive parcel at my front door, returned with half product in carton & all damaged. No phonecall. No notification we haven't delivered to customer. No sorry we damaged your delivery. Just returned 3 months later to my surprise. Lost customer, as no delivery received. Awaiting contact from Gold Coast office after 5 phonecalls, insurance claim submitted, messages left x 8. Courier also requested to contact myself x 4. Six weeks later, still awaiting, please explain.

28 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2010

My parcel has been waiting in depot for 5 days now and I have received neither a phone call nor a note in my mail box saying that it is.
I called them about the delivery and apparently they require people to be at home between 7:00-12:00 or 13:00-17:00... during which hours people work.
I asked them to simply give me a call 15 minutes before arrival (I live very close to the office), but their response was simple: they just don't do that.
Since calling a customer is too complicated, apparently, and since their office are very very far, I was left with no option but to send an e-mail to the sender to ask them to change the delivery address to my office. Beware of using this service!

+ Nothing really...

- Ridiculous service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2010

Stole my item (a 24" monitor) then told me it was the senders fault and had nothing to do with them. Rang Fastway about an item that was sitting in the back of a truck for 4 days (checking their online item tracker). Put in a enquiry with FASTWAY staff, never recieved the comfirmation of enquiry or any more info. 2 days later called again (work tied me up) Got told that there was a clased gate in site...there is no gate, then told i have to call Sender(UMART.com.au). Can't talk about it due to confidentiality..... I called UMART and they told me that by the looks of it, FASTWAY had somehow "lost" the item...If anyone tells u that FASTWAY is to be used, tell sender NO THANKS, I PREFER NOT TO HAVE MY GOODS STOLEN!!!!

- Bunch of lying thieving scum

• 31 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2010

Unreliable, if you need to pick up an item or call the office it takes for ever and is located ages away. Is affordable though. My advice stick to Australia Post.

+ Affordable.

- Have few offices that are usually a long way a way.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2008

The poor couriers are very hard working and have to work sometimes up to 15 hours a day doing a very physical job. They buy their franchise under the guise of it being their own business. As Fastway are a volume based business and push the couriers to pick up and deliver more and more freight. The couriers are under alot of pressure to pick up all the freight in their area and deliver it within a time frame. A number of Fastway couriers in the end cannot stand it, try and sell their franchise....cant, and then walk away and loose all their money. Fastway then re-sell their territorys and pocket the money. Check out the TWU investigation into fastway: [url cemsored] People out there need to know what Fastway are really about.

- pretty much everything

• 77 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2010

I will never ship anything with FastWay nor will I ever purchase anything from a company who do not offer alternative delivery options.

I have basically given up all hope of ever receiving the 2 deliveries that I am waiting for.

As soon as I heard a vehicle I was out the front door so that they couldn't leave the card and say nobody was home. The person was parked on my driveway for over 5 minutes trying to find the package... no luck... said she would come back later. Over 24 hours later and nothing.

Same day I had a card left in my letterbox from a different driver to say that they tried to deliver the package but nobody was home - what a load of rubbish! 3 cars in the driveway and people home all day. I called the number on the card and acted like nothing was wrong, they said the would deliver the next morning, I said fine whatever.

An entire day has now passed and I have not left the house all day because I was afraid of being out when the courier came. The mobile number on the card is now switched off and has no voicemail service.

I have tried calling the number listed in the WhitePages, it rang out and they do not have an answering machine/voicemail service. They could at least turn on Telstra 101 Messages.

Overall I am feeling extremely angry and frustrated, I have now had one day off work and just feel like there is no hope.

I really hope that someone from FastWay sees all these reviews and tries to turn their business around because people are going to make their feelings heard by using other companies. It only takes one bad experience to make its way around to various people who will think twice about using FastWay and judging by the various reviews and issues I have found on the internet, a lot of people are already avoiding FastWay at all costs.

+ Absolutely nothing.

- Everything. This company is totally useless.

26 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 26 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2010

Lie to their FRANCHISEES & CUSTOMERS, their fine print is so fine that I had problems reading it with a 6X magnifying glass, they accept no responsibility when they breach their contract to the customer, this will not finish here, I have been ripped off 3 times by Fastway over missing goods, so I'm about to involve Police, Dept. of Fair Trading & Ombudsmen

+ Very Little,

- Dropping off parcels without getting a signature, then denying any responsibility for missing goods, RIP OFF!!! Compensation no claim allowed for packing, freight cost GST. you get your wholesale cost only less GST. so you LOSE ALL OTHER COSTS

26 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2011

For your peace of mind and prompt deliveries use someone other than fastway as they are NOT as their name suggests. Won"t be suckered into using this service again.

- Another attempt to use this service six months after last stuffup by Fastwayguess what no change absolutely useless?? What service no responsibility from anyone lies about deliveries. What a waste of my time and money.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2010

Poor. I walked away from a franchise as I was working 65 to 70 hours a week. The money I was given just made operating costs with no funds for myself to live off. This is set up as a pyramid scheme as the ones taking the risk (the franchisee) are the ones that burn out and lose their money. It has sent me to the brink thinking that I would get my money back by staying.
The whole organisation is run very poorly and I am yet to see a person that resembles a professional in the organisation.
I would not recommend anybody get involved as it is of the highest risk and the returns only go to those up the tree. Not the people doing the work and selling and taking the risk.

- Long hours, little or no back up from franchisor, Poor customer focus and inability to make a sale from sales staff.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2010

They will ALWAYS tell you the driver tried to deliver the parcel and left a calling card. They never leave calling cards. The staff are rude, never return phone calls. As for so called MANAGEMENT, they will not deal with any phone calls or complaints. This company is USELESS. We now use Star Couriers and they are around the same cost and provide fantastic service.

+ Nothing. Terrible at everything.

- Everything. Customer service is shocking. Parcels are NEVER delivered on time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2010

I would rather pay more postage to ebay sellers next time to avoid fastway (what a name!). The franchise system can't guarantee a high service standard at all. If the franchise who serves your area happens to be a responsible one, you are lucky then, for the first couple of months maybe...

+ not really. probably cheap enough for ebay sellers.

- Several ebay items were sent through them to me. Sydney->Brisbane, picked up in the arvo, won't make it the next day most of the times while they claim 1-day delivery.

• 1 comment
  • 15 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2010

The worst courier company. I imagine people only use them because they are cheap. I paid for next day delivery and a week later its still not here. And this to a main capital city, not some out of the way place.

They have an online trace facility but all this does is tell you item is held pending delivery. Held ,held, held and held! Their email enquiry section is supposedly to assist tracking your parcel but it has a 24 hour response time. For a so called "fastway" courier company it should be 24 minutes if they dont want people to try and call them.Pathetic.

They delivered one item to me in the last year in a timely fashion. From now on when I see a seller is using fastway I just wont buy the item. Its not worth dealing with them. Highly unrecommended.

- Very slow to deliver. Paid for next day and a week later still not here.

24 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 24 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2008

All that a courier company has to do is deliver packages, so it is a wonder that this one doesn't go out of business.

+ Nothing. Would not recommend to anyone.

- Online tracking does not work. Staff seem to have no idea how to figure out where packages are. Claim that package has been delivered when it hasn't been. Claim to have been out to deliver when someone was at home and no-one saw them and no card was even left to prove they had been there. Act as if they are doing you a favour for not being able to do their job - but are still getting paid for it.

24 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 252 pages

I want photo evidence that my item was delivered #bn1002034299. I was home all day with clear view of front door open waiting for the item - driver never came!!. Lodged enquiry 6pm yesterday got no response. I check today status and what do you know all of a sudden status says delivered 12:45pm yesterday - what a load of bull. I want photo evidence of the item showing con note with my name on it including supplier name on parcel to prove it was my item including date and time of so called delivery.

NOT HAPPY JAN asked on Jan 08, 2019

Hi there,
I'm sorry to see this has occurred with your parcel.
If you have not already done so, please lodge an official enquiry with your local depot team via the form on our website https://help.fastway.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new
They will then be able to respond to you via the enquiry and ensure this is investigated as required.

Joshua

Wheres my parcel? I sent to Sydney on 28 Dec I track my parcel to Tamworth and then nothing it stop. I then rang fastways they said it should have been delivered. Still no parcel its been a week and abit (5 days17hrs) in transit So where is it? BN1002164163 My email is noelenecurd63@bigpond.com

Noelene asked on Jan 07, 2019

Hi there Noelene,
Thank you for your feedback, and apologies for the delays with your parcel.
I have confirmed with the Sydney depot team that your parcel has now been completed for delivery, and I will be discussing your feedback further with them to ensure this does not occur again for future deliveries.

Kind Regards,
Joshua

Hi, I'm still waiting for my package VZ0002196033 from 11/12/18. Last update was 22/12/18 and it out on delivery. No miss calling card or message, I've have been calling 4 time, email 6 time. One email reply and call got through with they investigation on it, with no undated afterwards. It's a highly quality game fishing reel. You have ruined my 6 month planned fishing trip for the Christmas holiday which I forced to cancel the trip. It's one a lifetime trip.

Bill asked on Jan 07, 2019

Answer this

It seems "Joshua" has a rather high rate of answering these questions days later only after the delivery has been completed and not on the same day customers ask the question. It also appears "Joshua" spends an inordinate amount of time cutting and pasting automated responses rather than using that valuable time to locate and trace our items when requested.
I feel more sad emotion you missed a once in a lifetime fishing trip than Fastway (NoWay) would ever express.
Hopefully you get your delivery soon.

Hi there Bill,
Apologies for the delays with your parcel.
I have looked into your label and can see this is still scanned with the Sydney depot, who are looking into this matter and are currently working to ensure this is delivered as soon as possible.
They will be in touch with you directly once there is further information.

Kind Regards,