• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2007

Overall, I have found them to be reliable and cost effective. They provide a means of tracking a delivery and include insurance in their charge.

+ I use them, and have found them to be generally reliable, quick and reasonably priced if delivery is in a franchise area. Price also includes some insurance.

- Sometimes deliveries are made without collecting a signature. Also claiming on the insurance can be a hassle.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2008

Well, when I ordered a delivery to come via FastWay's overnight delivery I thought great, it'll be here tomorrow. However, after a few days and no delivery, I checked the online service to see it hadn't left the depot in Sydney (to come to Melbourne). After calling them I was told they had a lot more deliveries and they had to wait to deliver mine. It took about 2 weeks until I gave up and went for a 1 hour drive to pick up the item. And, not to my surprise there were others waiting there for the same thing.

They kept promising me on the phone the item would come the next day, however on all occasions they were rude the way they spoke and gave me more lies. Please don't bother with this company, unless you want lies and false advertised claims.

+ Absolutely None

- Expensive
Unreliable
Tell you lies
Force you to pickup from depot

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 14 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2008

I owned a fastway couriers franchise. It was a nightmare. It was the worst thing I ever did. Check it out on You tube seacrh for "Fastway Couriers Franchise"

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2008

I have had great results with Fastways. A couple of small problems but resolved quickly and insurance paid out for a lost parcel.

+ Fast delivery

- label colours a little confusing

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 12 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2008

Avoid using these incompetent couriers. Even their lies don't make sense. "I spoke to the driver who said they left a delivery note with a lady who answered the door". 1) My girlfriend never saw a delivery person. 2) If you left a note ... why not leave the parcel? (it only required a signature)

- Overnight delivery still hasnt arrived
Operator lies to cover own tracks

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 13 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2008

An intransigent and arrogant franchised operation that uses their franchisees to disenfranchise small business in struggling rural areas that has no focus on business improvement and yet they can easily drive past our door on the return trip to their regional depot without increasing mileage or traveling time.

+ Absolutely nothing

- The one company that is driving small businesses out of business. We are 7 km from the PO and receive deliveries from everyone else but not Fastway. The excuse - their driver doesn't deliver this side of town and will only drop off at an unsecure location in town.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 12 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2008

complete disaster, cant even deliver to a country town an hour from melbourne and,had to sub the job out, A week later it arrives despite their estimate of three days, their online reporting couldnt even get back to me and I was fed lies when I eventually phoned them up , I'd suggest any really positive reviews were written by fastway themselves.

- slow , dishonesty

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 27 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2008

The poor couriers are very hard working and have to work sometimes up to 15 hours a day doing a very physical job. They buy their franchise under the guise of it being their own business. As Fastway are a volume based business and push the couriers to pick up and deliver more and more freight. The couriers are under alot of pressure to pick up all the freight in their area and deliver it within a time frame. A number of Fastway couriers in the end cannot stand it, try and sell their franchise....cant, and then walk away and loose all their money. Fastway then re-sell their territorys and pocket the money. Check out the TWU investigation into fastway: [url cemsored] People out there need to know what Fastway are really about.

- pretty much everything

27 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2008

I would never reccomend this company. There is no professionalism, no sense of urgency and it is nearly impossible to get a straight answer. Twice in 2 weeks they have stuffed up with highly important jobs. You get what you pay for with this company. Pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Horrible experience.

- Service - or lack therof. Terrible attitude, inept sales people.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2008

I buy quite a few items online and every time they have been involved they have failed. The items have been lost, destroyed or once under my patio. In fact the last time I used them was for a hard drive which was placed in a bubble wrap package twice, and a cardboard box. It somehow was damaged twice, and then lost (3 separate occasions). Poor retailer ended up changing his courier choice.

They may be a cheaper option but in the end are not worth even the money they charge. Ask for a different courier option when buying online.

(P.S. Please don't be rude to them, I know someone who works as a courier and she works up to a 15 hour day, and comes home and crashes.)

+ Cant really find one, they have nice vans I suppose

- Rude, shifty (caught one who didn't ring the bell, and placed a card in my mail box) and slow.

• 22 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2008

Very unhelpfull staff totally unwilling to admit something was their fault
They delivered my item to the vacant block across the road , Apparently they haven't caught onto the odd numbers on one side of the road evens on the other . Tried to get it redelivered but was all way too hard .
If you have the option avoid like the plague .

+ Goods were not damaged

- Took over 2 weeks a and a 40 minute drive to their depot to get my parcel .
Like I have nothing better to do than run around fixing their stuff ups in my time for free .

22 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 23 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2008

All that a courier company has to do is deliver packages, so it is a wonder that this one doesn't go out of business.

+ Nothing. Would not recommend to anyone.

- Online tracking does not work. Staff seem to have no idea how to figure out where packages are. Claim that package has been delivered when it hasn't been. Claim to have been out to deliver when someone was at home and no-one saw them and no card was even left to prove they had been there. Act as if they are doing you a favour for not being able to do their job - but are still getting paid for it.

24 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2008

It is good to use its services if you often need to send something to your customers. The price is quite good if you are frequent user

+ quite efficient and reliable, the price is also reasonable

- in order to get a good price, you will have to buy a lot of prepaid labels

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast, Queensland

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2009

Very surprised this business is still operating. I am only requesting an apology, and perhaps my coupon returned would be a start. Quite unbelievable. I wish I could do the "Pretty Woman Act" (Big mistake....I have just arranged for another courier to deliver Aust wide for major deliveries). Actually, I am just pricing other couriers for another 4 companies I am going to be working with.

+ Personal fastway courier is excellent. Punctual all the time. Pete, I would highly recommend for his part. Office girls very friendly. Unfortunately, the head boys let them down. As we all know a good business takes a whole team.

- A regular user of Fastway. 3 months after sending parcel to a very important customer, I receive parcel at my front door, returned with half product in carton & all damaged. No phonecall. No notification we haven't delivered to customer. No sorry we damaged your delivery. Just returned 3 months later to my surprise. Lost customer, as no delivery received. Awaiting contact from Gold Coast office after 5 phonecalls, insurance claim submitted, messages left x 8. Courier also requested to contact myself x 4. Six weeks later, still awaiting, please explain.

28 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2010

Unreliable, Rude, Liars where their own lie's don't make sense. The only mob that probably ship everything ocean Freight from Sydney to Perth.This Courier needs to be out of business.DO NOT USE.4 weeks,Parcel has not arrived yet.More Lies.Train derailed.gets better.we don't deliver to that area.they dont seem to deliver to any area.waiting to pick up parcel myself once they find out where they put it.

- The Rip Me Parcel Business.Guaranteed to lose your Parcels.

• 26 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2010

Lie to their FRANCHISEES & CUSTOMERS, their fine print is so fine that I had problems reading it with a 6X magnifying glass, they accept no responsibility when they breach their contract to the customer, this will not finish here, I have been ripped off 3 times by Fastway over missing goods, so I'm about to involve Police, Dept. of Fair Trading & Ombudsmen

+ Very Little,

- Dropping off parcels without getting a signature, then denying any responsibility for missing goods, RIP OFF!!! Compensation no claim allowed for packing, freight cost GST. you get your wholesale cost only less GST. so you LOSE ALL OTHER COSTS

26 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2010

Sales Reps and management fail at the most basic customer service requirements. Emails sent every day went un answered for over 2 weeks. Area manager arrogant and lacking in any social skills. If it was not for the driver we would not stay.

+ Delivery drivers are punctual, courteous and consistent in service.

- Management, service, tracking sytems is poor to say the least.

29 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 29 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2010

I have used fastway couriers probably 40 -50 times over the years and If purchasing from an e-store I always buy from the e-store offering fastways delivery. I've never had a problem (can't say the same for TNT). Fastways are cheap and I have a regular driver servicing my area who often 'hides' the package behind my house in the event I am not home to sign for it.
Their online tracking is not so good but to be honest i'd rather have a reliable service at a cheap rate.

+ If the sender sends on time then I can be sure that fastway delivers the same or next day. They are cheap and reliable

- Their tracking system is not as good as other companies.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2010

Really meets my needs. Great service, great price.
Coverage across the country and twice daily pick ups ensure my goods are delivered where and when I need them.
Highly reccomended for online retailers.

+ Well priced, reliable, friendly service

- None to date

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 18 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2010

What a nightmare of a company. Their blatant lying, unreliable UNSECURE deliveries and appalling customer service has ensured that I will NEVER use them again, and refuse to buy from companies who have them as a preferred courier option.

+ Cheap (you get what you pay for in this case).

- I've only ever used Fastway once. I had a parcel sent to me via express delivery. I was home all day for two days that my parcel appeared as "with driver" on their Track and Trace system, and eventually received a card in my mailbox saying they'd tried to deliver but I wasn't home (um, what?). I called the company and instead of organising a new delivery time, they told me my items had already been delivered. When I disputed this they told me they couldn't look into it and said I had to contact the company I'd organised delivery through - who promptly called Fastway and were mysteriously told that the parcel was on board with one of their drivers and should be delivered within a few hours. This didn't happen, and when I called again it was after 5pm and their office was shut. Another call to Fastway and the company that had sent the parcel the next morning and I was told AGAIN that Fastway had tried to deliver my parcel but I wasn't home (completely untrue, and there was no card left this time either!). The next morning I found my parcel beaten up and sitting on my doorstep - no one had rung the doorbell to get a signature, they just abandoned it and left. When I called to make a complaint, the woman I spoke to drawled down the phone "Naaahhhh, complaints hafta come from the sender."

32 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 157 pages

I have ordered a package online from Sydney on the 18th December. It was dispatched he following day, the 19 DEC. I was given a tracking number with fastways to follow, now it's the 5th and I still haven't received anything at all and my tracking status is delivered and signed for by OHF in Geelong. When my order was supposed to be shipped to GRANTVILLE Victoria. I have no idea what is going on and have left several messages and emails. Still nothing back what do uni do from here ?

Crystal asked on Jan 02, 2018

Answer this

Hi Crystal, thank you for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear of the delay in your delivery, the poor service and lack of communication you have received is not acceptable. I would like to resolve this for you as soon as possible, can you please provide your tracking number and if you haven't already please complete our online form to expedite your inquiry within our system https://www.fastway.com.au/tools/track/online-enquiry - Emma

Thankyou so much for the quick response.
My tracking number is WZ0000256102. I look forward to receiving my package A.S.A.P, and having a great review for your team at fastways yet again and not be left in this predicament.
Kind regards

Hi Crystal, I hope they can help you. I left messages and no one returned my call, I ended up just going to the depot. The lady was nice once I arrived.

Hi i received an email this morning saying that my parcel will be delivered today. I waited until 5.30 pm then tried contacting the courier my call was rejected so i left a 10 second message, still have no package or even an explanation. Do fastway even deliver on weekends? Has the driver taken my package home?. I wasted my day sitting around for you guys to not bother showing up when you said you would.

Pissedoffatfastway asked on Dec 15, 2017

WHY is it Fastway won't supply local phone numbers and have ALL local numbers to speak to someone LOCAL instead redirected through the Philippines. Who in turn won't give you AUSTRALIAN contact or supervisor contact???

prsav asked on Sep 29, 2017

Answer this

I have had another bad experience today from this company and you are correct the call centre is in the Philippines and you have no hope in getting any satisfaction from this company, both occasions the parcel had to be signed for. One parcel thrown over a 2 metre high fence contents damaged the second just left in our drive way in a storm content completely destroyed. I managed to get a Fast way drivers card while in town one day. Tried calling the landline no# on the card but again goes to Philippines. Tell your suppliers not to use this company as you will never get any recourse from this dodgy company. No# on card 07 3868 1144