Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Remote control not sensitive enough

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

The unit itself is ok enough but the remote is awful. It’s not sensitive enough. It has to be pointed directly at the unit and you need to be quite close. The remote that I had with my TiVo, which the Fetch box replaced, was fabulous. You could be on the other side of the room and it worked.
I’ve used the app controller that works much better but it’s not quite as convenient as just grabbing a remote.

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Fetch Mighty Box

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Fetch Gen2 Box failed and was replaced by Optus with the Fetch Mighty Box which did not work. Optus sent a second Mighty to replace the faulty one. So far this box has worked but is not without its faults. We leave the Mighty on standby and without fail every 3 days it seems to disconnect from the internet and it is necessary to turn it off and on again. The remote has a very short range and must be aimed directly at the box to work. Sometimes I have noticed that the picture is a little out of focus but seems ok when we change channel. The box is part of our phone and internet package with Optus who have been good in replacing the faulty equipment without charge and in a timely manner but I would not recommend buying one.

Greenslopes

• 10 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Works well until it breaks

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

This is our second Fetch Mighty Box. The first one was the first generation and always reset itself and updated software. We were lucky to get it replaced under warranty but had to wait a few months for the second generation. It had a 2 year warranty and now is 6 months out of warranty and after the software update it just did it fails to restart. Even a factory reset (where we lose all our recorded content) does not work and it just hangs forever. The box gets hot even when it is not turned on. The BlueTooth function to connect to headphones does not work, when the headphones work with other devices. The help from Fetch is useless and all they can tell you is to do a factory reset. We also have a Fetch Mini that links well by Wifi to the Mighty but now the mini is useless as far as streaming content from the Mighty is concerned as the Mighty does not work. The content on the Mighty can't be backed up on an external hard drive. Next time I will just get an Apple TV or streaming device so I can stream Catch Up TV from my phone to the TV, and get a simple PVR to record shows.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman Big Buys

• 4 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Fetch Mighty is not so mighty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

Changed to a Fetch Mighty when our wonderful TIVO could no longer be used in Australia. I loved the TIVO and it had such an easy remote to use. The Fetch often stops working and has to be reset. The box gets too hot at times and has to be turned off to cool down. The worst thing though is the remote. From day one the small buttons have been hard to use. They require alot of pressure to make them work and its so very frustrating. We also have a Fetch Mini and the remote is just as bad. The people who design these remotes obviously don't have to use them.

• 3 comments

Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Very good unit, just the media player wont play mp4 files.?

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

I purchased one of these after my Tbox died and the 2nd new unit wont show a guide unless registered with Telstra, but telstra shutdown that part. so frustrating.
The Fetch Mighty so far has been great, The TV channels and movie streaming is good.
The media player is disappointing, I converted my DVD collection to MP4 being the most common format in Phones and home recordings, but the Fetch Mighty wont play any.? It plays some AVI and MKV. It's a strange thing and I hope they can add support soon.!

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Comments

Oh, I contacted fetch and asked about mp4 files, they replied and said they were working on the issue and that they will play from USB but not over the network, hopefully it is fixed soon..!

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

Poor quality Fetch receiver always having to turn off to stop double vision remote must be close and pointed exactly to work COMPOUND BY programming for being repeated week after week month after month and this Greedy company that exploits the channels for profit deny any responsibility APPALLING AND IRRESPONSIBLE

Purchased at: Internode

• 5 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

The concept is good but the remote is useless.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

The Fetch replaced the TIVO which was fantastic but due to some business deal it was withdrawn from Australia and we got a so call great deal with a Fetch Mighty. I have had nothing but trouble with this useless remotes.
For a starter they are too small for my fingers, you press some buttons and and the stick or don't respond and it just keeps Fast Forwarding. While replaying a show recorded on live TV and Fast/F the adds and when it gets to the point you want to continue watching you press play and it goes almost back to the start of the recording.
It seems to only do it when its on 32 speed not 16 for some strange reason.
Well, I contacted Fetch and they sent me another remote and didn't want the old one back to check it out so I presume they already knew there was a problem.
The same thing started to happen with the new remote so I complained again, and they sent me another remote.
Yesterday I became soooo frustrated with the useless device that in rage I snapped the remote completely in half.
Would I buy another on......Definitely NO NO NO.
I'm now looking at reviews of other PVR/DVR for my replacement.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Bring back TIVO

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

We used Tivo for years until it was no longer serviced in Australia, at which point we had to move to Fetch. What a massive disappointment! The damn thing drops out all the time - even though everything else in the house has full signal. It's a complete pain in the behind. I can't understand why Tivo wasn't maintained in this country - I loved it and it actually did the job it was supposed to do. Don't waste your money on a Fetch - it sucks.

Perth

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Excellence in value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

The best money I spent on home entertainment in a long time.

Works brilliantly. Technically well designed and well integrated with other platforms such as free to air and catch up tv.

Tge channel packs and movie box are wirth subscribing to and I like the way it enumerates the free to air shows all in one place too.

I just wish they supported amazon prime.

Australia

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Poor Customer relationship experiences

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

The hardware appears to work well. Fetch however have little focus on their customers and appear to have no ability to address failures in their software in under a quarter of a year. Recently Fetch broke mkv streaming capabilty via a software update. Their answer to the problem is for the customer to go and purchase additional USB drives to copy files on to and then insert them into the box to playback. So rather than address their software issue, the answer is for the customer to spend more $$ to ensure that their internal processes are not interupted.Engagement with Fetch was that they had no ability to roll back the box to the previous version and no ability to fix what they had broke until the end of the next quarter. Additionaly, they rudely stated that they will not do anything else to address or resolve the issues that they caused, and that further communications is a waste of time.

Overall, between the customer service and the price of the box, I'd say Fetch TV is over priced. Look for some thing else with a company that has better capabilities and is more customer centric.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I note the reply by Fetch to the customer complaints about the issues shows they have little concern for customer features that are advertised as a sales point for purchasing the box. Telling custo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Not Happy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I used a TIVO in the UK for 8 years with no problem. Then I purchased two TIVO’s here in AUS. Very sad when support was withdrawn, had to resort to Fetch which is nowhere as intuitive, and now it keeps having connection problems, I am not a happy bunny.

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Don’t waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

Terrible reception cuts in and out jibberish is all you get free to air with HD recording box much better you can watch tv and movies uninterrupted but fetch no way jubberish crap pitcher flickers and breakes up sick of it only had this crap for two mths waste of money CRAP FETCH.

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

I dont know how to rate my fetch box .

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

If my fetch set box had ever worked maybe i could have rated it better. I've had the thing for 2 weeks now and not a zac from it. Optus tells me they are working on it and it will be fixed within 24 to 48 hours....they have said this for 2 weeks now....i dont think they know what the problem is. I've had enough they can come and fetch their stupid box...

sydney

• 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Good PVR and more

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Had Topfield before, but no longer operate here.
Easy to record shows, has a good series tag where you can just opt for the latest series. Easy to use remote, not too cluttered.
Great for Catch up TV and You Tube. Seems good for Netflix, Stan etc, but as I never use them can't say for sure. Now and again they'll give you a free month for one of their Pay packages or a free movie. Haven't had any trouble with steaming, but quality does vary depending on what else you're using.
One small quibble is they don't have a slow mo button and you can only skip 5 mins, not 10s or 1 min like the topfield

Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Continually drops internet connection while other devices are connected.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Loses internet connection every few days although other devices are successfully still connected. Gets frozen while going through steps to reconnect, extremely frustrating and disappointing, TIVO worked so well with no connection issues at all. Interface very long winded when all you want to do is watch recorded TV shows.

Central West NSW

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2016

No Regrets

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Had the Fetch Mighty a while now and haven't had any significant issues. The only ones i recall is sometimes it has lost internet connection but each time that was restored with a reboot of the device. Occaisionly get HDMI issues but repowering Fetch and/or TV fixes that.

Never had trouble recording programs even doing muliple at once. Its brilliant how you can record 2 TV shows and watch a third at the same time. I like how it will continue to record while in standby mode, and the series record is a great feature to save missing shows or forgetting to record an episode.

I find the menus easy enough to use and i like that Fetch does firmware enhancements from time to time. The remote is easy to use but could be even better if there was a way to backlight all keys. Or put raised bumps on some buttons so you can locate buttons by feel. Finding buttons with lights off watching movies is difficult. I also haven't been able to get the remote to control the TV but thats probably just the TVs fault

Something i wish it had was an easier way to skip ads on recorded shows, like a programmable skip period. The 5 minute skip button is too long for ads. Also the Downloads list would be better if it retained the history of downloads rather than just what is currently downloading.

Overall very pleased with it and still has plenty of Hard drive space available even though i rarely delete any recordings. Going to buy another or a Mini soon to setup multi-room watching of recordings and movies.

SYDNEY

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Everything Tivo Was But So Much Better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

The mighty is brilliant. We have 3 around the house and they are all connected. The menu looks good and is easy to use. I also use it to stream from my pc using twonky server. The only thing I would like to see improved is for it to have a rubbish bin like a pc, as when you delete a show it is gone forever and can not be retrieved. And the thing that impressed me the most is they are constantly updated the software with new improvements and add on's.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Catch up TV apps function poorly

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Overall, a happy experience with Fetch TV independent of Optus. Upgrading from PlayTV on PS3 which was getting pretty long in the tooth. My biggest gripe is that catch up stations like iView and SBSonDemand don't seem to run as separate apps but are overlayed onto the Fetch GUI. They have much less interactivity than the same apps on my dad's LG TV. e.g. There are limited categories, you don't actually sign in to your own account, search is useless and it's incredibly hard to find programs that are straight forward on other platforms - the ABC news on iView took me about 5 minutes to find - WTH? Extremely frustrating and deciding if it's a show stopper. Pretty good in other respects - Freeview, Netflix and movies all work well.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Fern Tree, Tasmania

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 23 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Good service, reasonably priced packages

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Once you get over the shock of the initial $399 outlay, you get an excellent product. Solid and robust performance, have had no problems (other than occasional NBN dropout which isn't their fault).

Reasonably priced channel packages, integrated with free to air channels and services like Stan and Netflix. Streams well, good easy to use interface and no problems with recording (including series tag).

After suffering with Foxtel for five miserable years this is viewers heaven.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS P.O.S!!! TOTAL CRAP!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

This fetch tv mighty is the worse tv streamer box iv ever used! very dissapointed in the features, changing channels and scrolling around from apps is so damm slow and it’s not user friendly!
I have no patients for this kind of CRAP. After using my Apple TV I have high standards!!
They don’t even have an App Store, all the apps are already preinstalled. It doesn’t even compare to Apple TV & Roku.
After 5hrs receiving this Fetch tv, I decided to contact Optus..
Lucky for me, I complained to Optus customer service that I don’t want this POS anymore, I’m sending it back & awaiting for Optus to send me the free postage return form. And my Optus plan will be downgraded from $90 to $60 unlimited plan.

I LOVE MY APPLE TV!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO PURCHASING THE NEW APPLE TV 4K With Dolby Atmos ;)

Purchased at: Optus Broadband