nsw

• 7 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 18 helpful votes
Private message

Left my dog dry and itchy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

After only 2 washes my dog's healthy coat was left dry, scaly and itchy. It smells nice and lathers up well, but whatever is in the ingredients it's clearly harsh chemicals.

Great products.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

Only a small amount of the "Fido's Everyday dog shampoo" was required to lather up and easily rinse off leaving no residue behind.
Then followed up with the "Oatmeal Conditioner".
Result was a very soft/ smooth coat that retained its natural oils without feeling greasy.
The scent they have used in the products is also pleasant and is not overpowering.
Would definitely recommend this product as it was applied to a short haired dog and then a long haired dog, both had excellent results.
Having said this no matter how excellent it is could not recommend if it contains any of the harmful ingredients, knowing what the ingredients are is essential.
I would like to know if the product contains any sodium laurel sulphate as that's not good for the body either human or pet in the long term.
How come the ingredients/contents are not displayed?.

myrtleford

not good

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

Was solidified in bottle. Didnt lather up so was hard to apply. Had to use to much of the product.

Melbourne

Private message

This product is not natural

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2016

This product is not made of natural ingredients, there are many natural organic products you can buy your pet, which is better for your pet, this will be toxic to your dog in the long run, do not use on your dogs, that's why there i s no ingredient listing, because they don't want you to know what is in it

Dog and I allergic to it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2016

Bought puppy shampoo. First time I got itchy rashes. Second time I couldn't stop sneezing. Now I'm sitting on the couch with a blinding migraine, throat closing up and eyes swelling. Can't stop sneezing, nose and eyes won't stop running.

Dog is itchy, dry, coat gone from glossy to dull and rough.

Avoid.

• 1 helpful vote

Fido shampoos

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2016

Worse stuff on the market.
Gives dogs rashes also as a groomer irritates hands stay right away from it, it isn't natural products.

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 4 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Good stuff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2016

No complaints. 5lt should last about 10 years.Makes my girl dog smell like a girl dog...if she's happy I'm happy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Bairnsdale

• 5 answers
  • 17 helpful votes
Private message

Cleans well and smells plesent enough.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2015

The smell of the Fido's everyday shampoo is plesent, not too strong but not to weak which is what I really like about this shampoo.

I have some here in the salon i use to groom clients dogs that are a bit stronger with smell then this but work very well with removing dirt and sebum build up.

With suprise Fido's being a cheaper shampoo it works almost as well with removing dirt as with some of the more expensive brands, this was after a second shampoo not just one wash.

I trialed this shampoo sample packet I got with other shampoo i ordered online, on my pugalier and found a possitive outcome he is clean which is of corse what you are after with shampoo.

With the foaming I find ok and would expect the shampoo to last a bit longer as you can use less of the shampoo in each wash.

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Best shampoo

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2013

I have used this shampoo since 1994 on different dogs I've owned. Never had a problem with allergic reactions on the dogs. Use it about once a week on them sometimes twice a week if they're digging around outside. It leaves the dogs smelling really nice and the fragrance lingers on them for a while leaving them smelling fresh! A little bit goes a long way too(lots of foam if you use too much) so you'll find a bottle will last you quite a long time.

+ Economical, smells great, no allergic reactions

Purchased at: PetBarn

Fido

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2013

Fido's Every Day Shampoo
I have 4 dogs and use it weekly, I have been using it for yrs and will keep using it.
It is one of the best dog shampoo's I have come across
It leaves your dogs coat looking very shiny and smells lovely
My dogs come inside every night and to me there is nothing worse than a stinky dirty dog in the house.
Highly recommend this product

• 17 helpful votes
Private message

Have been using this for years!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2012

I was first introduced to this product as a sample product, I have never looked back! My Pomeranian x Jack russell x chihuahua smells amazing not only for days but for weeks! It has never made her skin itch and people stop us while we walk and comment on how white my little girls fur is.

+ Smell lingers, soap free, gentle

- Occasionally my nose itches for the first day after she is washed for some reason.

• 1 comment
  • 20 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2010

I use this on my two dogs and I absolutely love the smell of it. The clean smell lasts ages. Having two active dogs, a kelpie x and pointer x they really need a good wash reguarly and Fidos always has them smelling fresh and clean. As its gentle on the dogs coats Im happy to use it frequently.

+ Made in Australia, Lovely smell, Long lasting

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 113 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2009

Fido's everyday shampoo is a very good quality product made in Australia. It has a really nice fragrance which reminds me of bubble gum, and the fragrance keeps your dog smelling nice for days. I've found it has really good whitening qualities, it lathers up and rinses out easily and a bottle does last for quite some time. I use this on my dog with normal skin and no skin problems, as my other dog who has sensitive skin does get slightly itchy after being bathed in this shampoo. A great shampoo for dogs with normal skin.

+ lathers well, good whitening qualities, nice smell

- not suitable for dogs with sensitive skin

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2009

The best dog shampoo I've ever bought. Soap free. Bottle lasts for ages. Good value. Great scent. Would recomend without a doubt.

+ Aussie Made. A little bit goes a long way. My dog smells like he's just been to the parlour after a bath with Fido's.

- No problems