Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Amazing Oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Re did our kitchen in August 2017 and this oven has been a dream. Love that each thing I cook has its own function. Perfect cakes/biscuits/roasts and veggies everytime. And the self cleaning function is such a time saver, (who likes to clean the oven honestly) Would definatly buy again and recommend to anyone

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Nsw

• 1 comment

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great oven and easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

This oven is a dream to use , with all the different options you can't go wrong and the best thing is the self cleaning is unbelievable as that one of the biggest reasons I bought this oven, I highly recommend this oven as its value for the money .

Wollongong

Model: OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black) Date Purchased: May 2017

Petty good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Its a very good oven. Looks so good abostly love the way it looks. It is so easy to use, was able to work it out so fast. It cooks good too, gets up to temperature fast and stays at that temperature doesnt go down and up so everything cooks well.

Model: OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

This oven was very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Love this oven, the draws are super smooth and easy to cook with. Looks nice and neat. One of the best things is having the meat thermomoeter builtin the oven so you can test it. Cooks very nicely, and havnt had any problems with it. overall looks nice and professional.

Gold Coast

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Smooth a Keanu Reeves

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

This is a love oven , it treats food with care , and the temperature control ensure you bake at really touch control temperatures so it reduces cooking time and controls cooking so your food comes out glo RI ously golden and perfectly family orientated. Its a family favourite in our household .

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: May 2017

My oven has a noisy fan

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

My oven browns better on one side than the other and when the fan is switched on it makes a noise before it is fully heated. I need to turn it on the grill mode and then after 10 minutes turn on the fan and it works better and less noisy then.

Newcastle, New South Wales

Model: OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black) Date Purchased: May 2017

Perfect for us

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

Love this oven. Although only 60cm wide the interior is easily large enough for 2 roasting dishes and cooks both to perfection.
Easy to use with dial up functions. Current temperature clearly displayed. Heats up fast. Plenty of racks. Haven’t had to clean as yet but I do wipe out after each use. Manual easy to read No hesitation in recommending

Purchased at: Winning Appliances

• 2 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Good oven but not great

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

It functions well. My only gripe is the fan. After the oven is turned off the fan goes on and on and on and on.....I know this is a safety function but it can keep whirling for a good hour after the oven is switched off. Kind of annoying and noisy.

Noosa

• 1 review

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Self Cleaning - What a waste of time

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Firstly I love the look of the new oven and when I worked out which setting to use it cooks beautifully. Love the plug in thermometer and having variable settings to choose from. Things I don't like are:-
The timer is way too low to even hear
The oven fan stays on for up to an hour after I have turned it off even if I open the door to cool it down quicker.
It is very noisy.
The self cleaning function takes me three times longer to clean than a normal oven, you have to remove the door then the three glass panels and clean them all separately then clean all the trays separately, then put the self clean function on. I'm so annoyed at myself for not researching this better and for paying hundreds of dollars more for this absolutely useless function. I don't understand why anyone would buy a self cleaning oven if it takes so much longer than a normal oven. Am I missing something?

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Will definetly consider again.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2017

Up to date with all the new features and simple for me to use. I bought it at a very good price from a dealer and once installed it was up and running like a charm. Adore this product and hope this lasts me and my need for food... haha

Perth

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Excellent oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Excellent oven, even cooking. Love the self clean option. Prefer the standard shelves rather than the telescopic shelves as the take up too much height. Don't use the plug in thermometer as it clashes with the telescopic shelves. We use a lot of the settings including the warm option, fan forced, bake, vent bake to brown the bread and fan grill to brown the pork belly.
The only issue we have is on bake if we are cooking food that releases a lot of moisture and open the oven door to check, the steam sometimes turns the oven off and goes into error mode. Only happen a few times though.
Would definitely recommend.

Hobart

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Looks beautiful - works perfectly.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

This oven was an easy purchase. Have used the pyrolytic cleaning once and it performed as expected. Best to keep a window or two open when the cleaning is in progress. Racks and shelves easy to remove. Oven settings clear to understand and operate. Definitely user friendly. We have been F&P fans for 30 years.

• 3 helpful votes

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Very happy with it so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

I've had this for just under 12 months and it has been really good. It maintains temperature very well and cooks whatever is inside very evenly.

The timer is easy to use and unlike those old ovens where the last 10 minutes turns off the oven, this one keeps the temperature steady even after the timer goes off.

All the other function may get confusing at first but the basic functions (fan forced, top and bottom heat, grill) are all there and there is really a function for every occasion.

The oven fits all my needs and can do so much more. Would recommend 100%

• 3 helpful votes

Model: OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Why did I wait so long

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Love my new oven, I should of bought it ages ago. I found it quiet difficult finding the right person to assist with my purchase & an easy install process that did not require me to take the whole day off work.
This is not the top of the range however I can not say I am going without, I am still learning th ins & outs and I live my new oven

Model: OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Hmm yum

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

My food is cooked to perfection, evenly all the way through and no browning on one side only. The smell is simply irresistible and the clean up after wards is minimal. Favourite features of this product include the finish and the appearance of the oven, easily fits into any décor and looks brand new every day. easy to use features, no complicated processes for use.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Convenience and size

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

This is a big step up in ovens. The telescopic shelves make life easier and safer with hot loads. The pyrolytic function is a dream, and the oven looks good too.

The oven is deeper and bigger than normal 60cm ovens and comes with a roasting tray and baking tray as well.

For fitting, just be aware it does not have a cut-away at the top like many. You need to make sure the cavity is clear of all obstructions.

I think you will love this oven.

• 1 review

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Great oven heats up very quickly.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2017

Nice big oven with telescopic shelves which can be replaced with convention shelves if you need to fit more shelves in the oven as they take up room .cutting down the amount of shelves that can fit in.Mine was faulty from the start and so all the electronics were replace with no fuss through F &P.
One thing people need to know
Re burning food is that when you are pre heating your oven do not place any food in until it gets up to temperature,as it uses all the elements to get it up to temp quickly which includes the grill hence people complaining about burning food ,this is the reason.This is my second fisher and paykel oven.

Rozelle

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Now a pretty good oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2016

We've been using our second OB60SL11DEPX1 for 11 months (the first was replaced by F&P as it had an intermittent heating problem) and we are happy to report that it works well on the 4 settings we use most often. Fan forced, bake, fan bake and self clean all do the job. Meals come out well cooked, and the oven works predictably (unlike the one it replaced). We are now pleased with the performance of this oven.

Cleaning the oven is a chore and we think it may have been easier getting an oven with catalytic liners rather than pyrolytic cleaning. This oven replaced a 20 year old catalytic oven which was a cinch to keep clean. With the OB60SL11DEPX1 all the shelf supports need to be removed and the door glass cleaned before the pyrolytic process can begin. Admittedly the oven is very clean after the 2-3 hour cycle and makes up for the hard work.

Previous review text: Although our first meal made in the OB60SL11DEPX1 in July 2016 was perfect we have had problems since then. The oven didn't maintain its temperature which caused meals to take an extra 30 minutes or longer to cook and often drying out in the process. Fisher and Paykel service staff (who we are very impressed with) changed the temperature sensor and circuit board but the problem continued. F&P replaced the oven December 2016.

Again at first the replacement oven worked fine but soon again drifted to lower temperatures during use. What proved to be especially annoying was that the oven wouldn't return to its set temperature after the oven door had been opened to check on the food. We would have to raise the set temperature (and that sometimes wasn't effective) and had to watch the oven to ensure that it wouldn't get too hot for the food being cooked. We are now using two oven thermometers (just to ensure that the first one wasn't wildly inaccurate) to monitor the oven temperature. Last night the oven reached its set temperature and then halfway through the cooking dropped from 200C to 185C without the door being opened. We could see that some of the food wasn't cooking to schedule and raised the set temperature to compensate. No one wants to have to keep checking on an oven. If the problem continues, when we have enough data we will call F&P service again.

Our initial 5 star review (from July 2016) about oven cooking performance:
"We have had the OB60SL11DEPX1 for around 2 weeks and really like this oven. It is much deeper then our previous oven and the extra depth of the roasting dish provides space for much larger meals. The oven heats up quickly, the controls are very easy to use (with symbols and words to identify each cooking function) and we like how the light 'halo' around the temperature control knob changes colour when the set temperature is reached.

As with any new cooking appliance we have had to learn to select the cooking function and temperature for the best outcome. To make roast chicken (lying on a bed of vegetables) we found that fan forced at 200C is much better than the temperature recommended in the manual. I'm sure that other recipes will vary from the manual's cooking recommendations but we welcome a bit of experimentation to get things right and the more dishes we make the more we can predict what will work best for new recipes.

The 2 telescoping shelves make accessing large dishes very easy. We haven't used the smokeless grilling dish and some other features yet and look forward to giving them a go. The oven has 4 internal lights (a pair of halogens on each side near the front) which provide a clear view of what's cooking. It also makes the oven look like a Christmas tree (in the nicest way) when it is lit up (compared to the dim light and patterned glass of our old oven). We love the appearance of the oven - it has clean lines and has refreshed the look of kitchen.

Before we bought this oven I pulled out the old oven to see if the new deeper one would fit. Sure enough the gas connection to the cooktop (which is located over the oven) was in the way. A visit from my plumber fixed that and when the oven arrived the installer had no problem putting the unit into the cupboard although it was a neat fit.

This oven exhausts into the kitchen (through a fan blowing warm air over the top of the oven door). This is a big improvement over the old oven which exhausted moist air into the cabinet space and we had to open the door to an adjacent cupboard to avoid condensation within the cabinets. The warm air from an oven has to come into the kitchen someway but we expect no problem from the way it blows in over the oven door - although it may be more noticeable during summer."

Adelaide

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel)

Great oven.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2016

Very easy to use and cooks beautifully. Much faster than my old oven.
It's also easy to keep clean, love the pyrolytic cleaning feature.
Only issue is the air venting from the front is unpleasant when you're standing in front of it to cook, but I'm told all modern electric ovens do this.

sydney

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion)

worse than terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2016

NEVER BUY a FISHER & PAYKEL product of ANY sort. This company needs to be made accountable for their appalling products. They MUST GO OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!

The oven burns things on the top - and requires extensive time to adequately cook the item.
I've used the appropriate settings, and placed it on the bottom of the oven - yet it still does not cook, and only burns the item on top.

Can't bake, can't roast, can't do a damn thing with this terrible product.

It takes OVER AN HOUR to reach your set temperature. My previous ovens have taken around 10 mins to reach the desired temperature.

We moved into a house with this product - I long for my old oven (a SMEG). I guess it is only a matter of time before I turf this piece of F&P to landfill (F&P is a used as a rude word in our house)!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 2 pages

OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion)

Can anyone help me with updated information on this oven? I am considering getting one to compliment my new kitchen appliances. Look forward to responses promptly

Bronda asked on May 05, 2017

Answer this

Our first OB60SL11DCPX1 was replaced by F&P as it didn't maintain its temperature. The replacement is working much better. It bakes cakes very well (I'm not sure which settings my wife uses for her various cake and meringue making needs). We mainly use the fan forced setting (we regularly make roast chicken with roasted vegetables) and while this is OK we haven't been getting as good a result as with our previous oven. We are now experimenting with leaving the chicken in longer to get the skin crispier while trying not to dry out the flesh. On balance we like the oven but expected it to perform better.

OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel)

The oven will not work. It only shows F215 (an error code!?). What does this mean? How can we fix it?

Barry asked on Sep 15, 2016

Answer this

I'm not a technician, I am just the owner of an oven, just like you. My suggestion is, check online, find the manual for your oven and see what the error code means.
Or call a technician. Cheers

According to the user manual (page 61) an alert code starting with 'F' indicates a technical fault. The manual says to contact authorised repairer or customer care with the alert code info.

That did not help. Customer Care could not answer what the code meant, other than repeat what the manual had shown "Technical fault". I now know from my own investigation that the control circuit was compromised by humidity (from the oven), and had to be "dehydrated". After several days of "dehydration" the fault disappeared and the oven has functioned satisfactorily since.

OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black)

What are the error codes for this model

Barry asked on Sep 15, 2016

Answer this

I think if you look online for that model you will find all that onfo

The user manual is at https://www.fisherpaykel.com/download/user-guide/Kitchen/Cook/Built%20In%20Ovens/590476b-nz-au-gb-ie-built-in-oven-ob60sl9-ob60sl11-guide.pdf. Look at page 60-61 for the alert codes.

See all 8 questions about Fisher & Paykel 60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black)
Price (RRP) $1899 $2649 $2649