Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Easy to use an easy to clean

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

I love this oven. I was looking for a 60cm oven to fit our kitchen cavity and this one is perfect. The size is great and I can fit all my trays from the previous Bosch. I like that there are so many setting that makes my life very easy. I also like that it is very easy to clean. I have not heard about a companion microwave but will be looking out for it.

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

This was my best purchase.
I have worked in the industry and new the next oven for me would be this model.
Great size. Telescopic rails which i love.
Plenty of cooking options.
This even shows the heat temperature increasing as its gets to the temp selected.

It does vent out the door after turning off to release the heat from the oven so just be aware of this

Rockhampton

• 1 answer

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I have no problem at all with this oven (5 stars). It looks great, easy to use, easy to clean, works perfectly my only fault has nothing to do with this product but the companion microwave is as bad as this is good. Buy the oven but don't consider the microwave unless they have fixed the user interface.

• 2 answers

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Poor customer service from Fisher and Pykel (Illawarra area - NSW)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

As I write this review my husband and I are still waiting, after nearly 3 weeks for our Fisher and Pykel 60 cm pyrolytic oven to be fixed. It is Easter. I have questioned their follow up and demanded to be compensated or a new oven. All they offer is a $100 gift voucher.
If this was another well known company, they would have fixed or replaced our oven by now. We have had the run around by the F & P’s authorised repairer for nearly 3 weeks, with the oven still sitting in our kitchen unusable. They seem to think it is okay to allow this bad service to continue.
I will never buy any big product from Fisher and Pykel ever again as they don’t have good aftercare support. You can’t be sure if you will get your goods fixed in a timely manner.
In another matter with this oven it is not the best example of Pyrolytic oven. Very hard to clean due to the configuration of the door. The 3 glass panel on the door is unable to be cleaned effectively. Be very careful when looking at Fisher and Pykel ovens in the Illawarra region of NSW. They do not have good service when anything goes wrong.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 6 helpful votes

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Not too shabby

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I don't have any issues with this product. It is easy to cook with and clean! It is also simple to operate which is what I want when cooking. The food I place in the oven come out great, and I am very satisfied with this product. Very smart looking.

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Easy to use, easy to clean, and easy on the eyes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

We bought this pyroletic oven from fisher & paykel when doing our reno last year and it is a pleasure to use. Displays are easy to send and simple to operate with dials for mode and temperature. Trays slight out effortlessly. It reaches temperature in no time and with digital accuracy. Having not had a self-cleaning model before this is great. Black finish looks brilliant in our new kitchen too.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Ipswich

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great Oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

After 30 years, my oven door wouldn't close!! We went looking at ovens. A lot has changed in 30 years!! I wanted an oven that would hold a roast as well as baked vegetables, garlic bread etc. My old oven was big, and I wanted one that would also cook more than one thing at a time. We went to some cooking demonstrations to see how modern ovens worked. After a lot of deliberations, we chose this Fisher and Paykel 60cm, 90L self cleaning oven. I am hoping that my dishes will be tastier than before, and better cooked! The meat probe is a big plus and takes the guessing out of perfectly cooked roasts. I photocopied the cooking charts from the oven book and put them into my recipe book( an A4 plastic sleeve folder). I check with them before I cook, and I am beginning to remember the settings. The oven is easy to use. With 11 functions, you should be cooking dishes to perfection! I like the extendable shelves that are easy to pull out.
My husband doesn't mind at all removing the oven door and replacing it before the self cleaning process. Removing shelves before self cleaning is easy once you've done it once. The self cleaning process is easy and I love wiping up the little pile of ash at the end and seeing a perfectly clean oven! Those baked on overspills from pizzas or lasagne cooking just disappear without any hard scrubbing or oven cleaners having to be used! I love my new oven and am looking forward to many more cooking adventures with it!

Private message

Verified Purchase Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion)

Good, but takes way too long to cool down and cleaning is a hassle

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

The oven functions well. However
1: The oven will take 45 minutes too coll down after 30 minutes of baking on 180 degrees.
2: The cleaning of the oven shelving is a hassle as they can be put in the dishwasher, with all the bends, channels, nooks and crannies in the shelving units it is impossible to hand scrub them.

Melbourne

• 8 helpful votes

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Amazing Oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Re did our kitchen in August 2017 and this oven has been a dream. Love that each thing I cook has its own function. Perfect cakes/biscuits/roasts and veggies everytime. And the self cleaning function is such a time saver, (who likes to clean the oven honestly) Would definatly buy again and recommend to anyone

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Nsw

• 3 comments
  • 8 helpful votes

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great oven and easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

This oven is a dream to use , with all the different options you can't go wrong and the best thing is the self cleaning is unbelievable as that one of the biggest reasons I bought this oven, I highly recommend this oven as its value for the money .

Wollongong

Model: OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black) Date Purchased: May 2017

Petty good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Its a very good oven. Looks so good abostly love the way it looks. It is so easy to use, was able to work it out so fast. It cooks good too, gets up to temperature fast and stays at that temperature doesnt go down and up so everything cooks well.

Model: OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

This oven was very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Love this oven, the draws are super smooth and easy to cook with. Looks nice and neat. One of the best things is having the meat thermomoeter builtin the oven so you can test it. Cooks very nicely, and havnt had any problems with it. overall looks nice and professional.

Gold Coast

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Smooth a Keanu Reeves

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

This is a love oven , it treats food with care , and the temperature control ensure you bake at really touch control temperatures so it reduces cooking time and controls cooking so your food comes out glo RI ously golden and perfectly family orientated. Its a family favourite in our household .

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: May 2017

My oven has a noisy fan

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

My oven browns better on one side than the other and when the fan is switched on it makes a noise before it is fully heated. I need to turn it on the grill mode and then after 10 minutes turn on the fan and it works better and less noisy then.

Newcastle, New South Wales

• 3 answers

Model: OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black) Date Purchased: May 2017

Perfect for us

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

Love this oven. Although only 60cm wide the interior is easily large enough for 2 roasting dishes and cooks both to perfection.
Easy to use with dial up functions. Current temperature clearly displayed. Heats up fast. Plenty of racks. Haven’t had to clean as yet but I do wipe out after each use. Manual easy to read No hesitation in recommending

Purchased at: Winning Appliances

• 12 helpful votes

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Good oven but not great

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

It functions well. My only gripe is the fan. After the oven is turned off the fan goes on and on and on and on.....I know this is a safety function but it can keep whirling for a good hour after the oven is switched off. Kind of annoying and noisy.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Noosa

• 1 review

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Self Cleaning - What a waste of time

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Firstly I love the look of the new oven and when I worked out which setting to use it cooks beautifully. Love the plug in thermometer and having variable settings to choose from. Things I don't like are:-
The timer is way too low to even hear
The oven fan stays on for up to an hour after I have turned it off even if I open the door to cool it down quicker.
It is very noisy.
The self cleaning function takes me three times longer to clean than a normal oven, you have to remove the door then the three glass panels and clean them all separately then clean all the trays separately, then put the self clean function on. I'm so annoyed at myself for not researching this better and for paying hundreds of dollars more for this absolutely useless function. I don't understand why anyone would buy a self cleaning oven if it takes so much longer than a normal oven. Am I missing something?

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Will definetly consider again.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2017

Up to date with all the new features and simple for me to use. I bought it at a very good price from a dealer and once installed it was up and running like a charm. Adore this product and hope this lasts me and my need for food... haha

Perth

• 3 answers

Model: OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Excellent oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Excellent oven, even cooking. Love the self clean option. Prefer the standard shelves rather than the telescopic shelves as the take up too much height. Don't use the plug in thermometer as it clashes with the telescopic shelves. We use a lot of the settings including the warm option, fan forced, bake, vent bake to brown the bread and fan grill to brown the pork belly.
The only issue we have is on bake if we are cooking food that releases a lot of moisture and open the oven door to check, the steam sometimes turns the oven off and goes into error mode. Only happen a few times though.
Would definitely recommend.

Hobart

Model: OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Looks beautiful - works perfectly.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

This oven was an easy purchase. Have used the pyrolytic cleaning once and it performed as expected. Best to keep a window or two open when the cleaning is in progress. Racks and shelves easy to remove. Oven settings clear to understand and operate. Definitely user friendly. We have been F&P fans for 30 years.

1 of 2 pages

OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion)

Barry - I have just had same error code F215 ...& great its a long weekend ! I read what you said about overheating & needing to 'dehydrate' - once the fans cooled, did you then turn power off at the wall as stated in the manual or not? Cannot find my switch- guessing it's possibly behind the oven meanings unscrewing the oven ...thanks

Rachel asked on Mar 04, 2018

Answer this

I would think that turning off the switch in the main power box would have the same effect as turning off the power at the wall, and then you would not have the inconvenience of pulling out the whole oven...

OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion)

Can anyone help me with updated information on this oven? I am considering getting one to compliment my new kitchen appliances. Look forward to responses promptly

Bronda asked on May 05, 2017

Answer this

Our first OB60SL11DCPX1 was replaced by F&P as it didn't maintain its temperature. The replacement is working much better. It bakes cakes very well (I'm not sure which settings my wife uses for her various cake and meringue making needs). We mainly use the fan forced setting (we regularly make roast chicken with roasted vegetables) and while this is OK we haven't been getting as good a result as with our previous oven. We are now experimenting with leaving the chicken in longer to get the skin crispier while trying not to dry out the flesh. On balance we like the oven but expected it to perform better.

OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel)

The oven will not work. It only shows F215 (an error code!?). What does this mean? How can we fix it?

Barry asked on Sep 15, 2016

Answer this

I'm not a technician, I am just the owner of an oven, just like you. My suggestion is, check online, find the manual for your oven and see what the error code means.
Or call a technician. Cheers

According to the user manual (page 61) an alert code starting with 'F' indicates a technical fault. The manual says to contact authorised repairer or customer care with the alert code info.

That did not help. Customer Care could not answer what the code meant, other than repeat what the manual had shown "Technical fault". I now know from my own investigation that the control circuit was compromised by humidity (from the oven), and had to be "dehydrated". After several days of "dehydration" the fault disappeared and the oven has functioned satisfactorily since.

See all 9 questions about Fisher & Paykel 60cm Single 11 Function Built-In - 90L

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

OB60SL11DEPX1 (Stainless Steel) OB60SL11DCPX1 (Stainless Steel, Companion) OB60SL11DEPB1 (Black)
Price (RRP) $1899 $2649 $2649