Model: WH7560J2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: May 2016

It lasted less than 2 years without issues

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

I really liked this washing machine when I first got it, I even recommended it to my parents who have also bought one. I found that it cleaned my clothes well, was quiet and easy to use.

However, even it was about 23 months old (one month before the manufacturing warranty runs out), I started having massive issues with it. The biggest issue was that during most loads, the suds sud up excessively and large amounts of water leak out the back. When I tried booking it on for a service with Fisher and Paykel, I was told that this was a common issue and I should only use half a scoop of detergent and give the drum a clean which has not helped at all. I have started using 1/4 of a scoop and this still hasn’t fixed the leaking. Fisher and Paykel have told me that this is not covered under warranty because it has to do with the detergent so I’ll have to pay for the service, parts and labor. They extended my warranty for an additional 3 months in case it is not this that is the issue but it is likely that I’ll need to pay it but they cannot confirm until it has been done.

I’ll do some more research before buying a new washing machine next time to ensure that it will last longer. I wouldn’t recommend Fisher and Paykel due to the issues with the service centre.

Machine stops on Spin Cycle and won't progress

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

The machine works really well until it decides to randomly stop on the spin cycle when it has from 3-8 mins left. I thought it was over loaded, so I open the machine and take items out but it seems to make no difference. I've stopped the machine and put it on the spin cycle and still it just turns left, then right but doesn't go into a full 1200 rpm spin. This is not a one off problem so it's very frustrating and a huge waste of my time!
Would love to know if anyone else experiences this problem?

Sydney

Verified Purchase Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Cleans well

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

The washing machine cleans well, is relatively quiet but only has a cold water hose meaning cycles that use hot water take a long time to complete as the unit itself has to head the water. . Has a handy quick cycle which only takes 30 minutes to complete, but doesn't allow for loads using very hot water > 70 degrees Celsius. Has a very short drainage hose.

Verified Purchase Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Very happy with this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2018

Love this machine. It is extremely quiet, washes clothes beautifully and has a choice of many wash programs which I found a lot of other machines didn't have. Doesn't move either when on high spin. Price reasonable too and with 4 star water saving and 4½ start energy. No regrets.

Rochedale South

• 1 answer

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: May 2017

Washer that does it's job!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

We have used a few brands of washing machine in the past, this is our 2nd front loader, the first front loader was a LG, that is terribly made and designed, it vibrates so hard that the whole machines moves by itself, and the rubber seal gets moldy within a year, we have to get rid of the LG before it's life span, and we almost lost faith on front loaders.

We had good experience with F&P top loader in the past, so we replace the LG with F&P quicksmart. Nearly a year now, and it still runs like new, it does not move by itself, the noise level is acceptable. The rubber seal is still clean, we use quick 30 mode almost exclusively, cold water & fastest spin setting, yet to have clothes wear-out problem.

Machine is also easy to clean, we have used self clean feature once, with a recipe found online(baking soda + vinegar), surprised it actually get rid of the build up of dirty clothes smell.

We are happy with this washer, the build quality and design is great, and it does our simple washing task without any issues!

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Comparing with other brand as the same as 7.5 kg, the volume of the capacity is smaller than other b

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

I purchased a 7.5kg front load, even I used the same 7.5kg of other brand, but fisher & Paykel has smaller capacity than other, due to its deep dimension is smaller than others. The result is that I put same volume of clothes in into the machine, that machine get problem, it cannot adjust by itself, it keeps spinning more 30 minutes when it supposed 3 min left. No good.

Orange NSW

• 1 answer

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Brand loyalty

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

After religiously buying LG washing machines for the last 8 years, we purchased the F&P quick smart front load in January 2018. Since then, I have been extremely pleased at the quality of wash, reduced water and electricity consumption and most importantly, how quiet this machine is. The purchase price was comparable to the same load size LG machine, but frankly I will only purchase Fisher & paykel front loaders mainly due to the reduced noise and efficiency.

• 1 comment
  • 9 helpful votes

Model: WH8560J3 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Reasonable machine - appalling after sales care - avoid

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

This is a good washing machine, washes clothes well, useful features and washing options but we have had two issues with seal failure and door becoming loose.
The after sales care provided by F and P unfortunately is not good enough. Hours on hold with customer service trying to arrange repair and this is no exaggeration.
Failure to show for scheduled appointments to repair the machine, more time spent on the phone etc. The company’s approach is to have one technician service our area once per week for a 5 hour window regardless of demand for repairs, we don’t live in a remote area and it’s under 30kms from Brisbane city cbd. I don’t run a business but this seems to be an extremely clumsy way to approach things.
Avoid Fisher and Paykel for this reason sadly the after sales care is poor and it seems to be a common thread.

Melbourne

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Very Reliable Family Washer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

We use this washer every day and it quietly does its job and never gives us any problems.
It's quiet and has huge load area. The biggest sheets and doona covers are no problem. You could put a doona in if you wanted to, not that I have tried.
Controls are super simple. This is the closest you can get to a "like the old days" product that is still made.
The metal is not as thick as the old style but the reliability and simple design are there. You can do delayed start which is good too if you want the washing finished when you get home.
No worries of any kind. A good reliable machine

Model: WH7560J1 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Terrible piece of junk

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2018

Had this washing machine 2 years. It has been a pain. Sometimes won’t balance load and it can take 3 hours to do a load. Now it won’t spin. Piece of garbage. Won’t buy fisher and Paykel again. Certainly would not buy the next model. Will buy a competitors brand. Incredibly annoyed.

Brisbane

Verified Purchase Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Excellent and good price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

I have used this washing machine for a year as it was included in my rented apartment. When I moved interstate, I bought the exact same model because it was easy to use, effective, and was a good price compared to some other brands out there. It’s also energy efficient, and qualifies for the $200 energy rebate from QLD government. I would highly recommend this washing machine in this price range.

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great washing machine for its price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2018

Bought this 3 weeks ago after having a LG for 15 years & had not owned a Fisher & Paykel product however so far I am extremely happy. The machine is quiet & the 30 minute quick wash is actually 30 minutes with choice of temp & spin speed. Clothes come out clean & fresh. The clothes do not feel as dry after the spin of 1200 compared to my LG spin of 1000 but that may only be on the quick wash as have not yet tried another wash cycle. The 30 min does what I need quickly & water efficently. Love the spin only cylce great for hand rinsing. Will definately recomend this

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Great. Amazing improvement on my last washer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2018

The capacity is amazing, the clothes are always clean and fresh.

There are enough different spin speeds that my delicates don't end up ruined, because I can simply set the spin to low (or off). The spin is quite loud, and does cause a lot of shaking, but that is to be expected. We can wash a weeks worth of clothes (2people) without any problems.

I haven't had a sock lost in the wash yet!

Very Good Performance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2018

I am very happy with the results. it cleans the clothes and keep the clothes in good shape too. it does not make too much noise and most of the time is very quiet. All the features including different options for washing are pretty good. The clothes are all rinsed and cleaned at the end. I am yet to try other washing features but so far happy with it.

• 2 helpful votes

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Excellent quality, and good wash options

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

I purchased this for $550 from Harvey Norman and couldnt be happier. The quality of the drum and dials are excellent. It doesnt trap small socks or underwear between the door and rubber seal like my old one.

What I like most is the variety of options, all options are adjustable, so you can do a 57 minute everyday wash with 1200 spin and cold water, the quick 30 minute wash also allows for a 1200 spin which the Samsung restricts. Its stable, not noisy and overall had no issues with it.

Toowoomba

Model: WH8560J3 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: May 2017

Best washing machine I've ever had!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Suitable size for our family size of four (two adults, two children). Much quieter than our previous top loader Fisher Paykel machine. I use the quick cycle for a smaller load of less dirty clothes, the everyday cycle for longer wash of dirtier clothes and delicate cycle for delicate office clothes. Haven't have to use the heavy cycle and the timing function. The machine washes and rinses our clothes thoroughly without wearing them out in comparison to the top loader. Water-saving too!

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: May 2017

It's good but not perfect.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

It's pretty decent and does it's job well. Never wears out clothes and doesn't make much noise either. The only thing I didn't like is the rubber attachment with the front door which isn't great so take very good care of it and keep it dry when the machine is not working. Keep the machine clean and it's a good steal. I love the digital dial.

Goodna, Queensland

Broken within 3 months but customer repair service was superb

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Can't complain too much but the machine broke down within 3 months of purchase brand new. The repair was done under warranty and no hassle at all so in all it is a very good customer service. The machine itself is quiet and easy to use. I could also put a cloth drier on top of it.

Melbourne

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great unit.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

We recently purchased the WH7560J3. The front loader is very quiet during each cycle. There are a number of good washing options with Everyday our current favourite at a 60 minutes wash. We haven't used the timing feature but like the option. It's a good size for a family of 3 and the clothes have been well washed following each load. Would recommend. Too early to comment on the long term quality of the clothes.

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Quiey and water savvy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Quietest washing machine we've ever had. Doesnt use much water either. It's really savvy and I love how it has the quick 30 minutes wash feature. Clothes smell great when coming out from wash. Nice and dry, definitely spins well. We are happy with our washing machine. Cant complain yet.

1 of 9 pages