Verified Purchase Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Functional, easy to use.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

The added feature of +rinse is great with towels, although it isn't able to be selected on the 30 minute cycle, nor is fabric softer to be used with the 30 minute cycle. True to all front loaders it is gentle on everything. I find the water intake very noisy, it was't a problem on my previous front loader which had hot and cold water intakes, whether it's noisier because it's only taking from cold water... I don't know. I like the large door opening. The drum size capacity is a lot smaller than my previous 7.5kg machine, which I'm guessing may be to prevent overloading. It's still early days as yet, but I quite like this machine in it's simplicity... load type selection/options are limited but it's unlikely to be an issue.

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Sep 2016

An excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Purchased on "Choice" magazine recommendation. Installation of product efficient and most helpful. Very user-friendly operation. Excellent wash of wide range of materials but odd item on rare occasion does not rinse well on short (15 min) cycle. No obvious wear of clothes; very quiet operation. great product overall. Recommend purchase of a base unit ($60 Aldi) to make life(bending) easier.

Melbourne

• 7 helpful votes

Model: WH8560J3 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Disappointed with flaws in a 3rd gen washer

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Disappointed that this washer is poorly designed, with deficient software. I would have thought they would have got the kinks out on version 3.

The advertising is false. Everyday wash at 40C is 1:04 not 59 minutes. The times given for each cycle are wrong, they are always out by 10-30 minutes. It spends too much time filling in tiny spurts and faffing about before it spins, no matter what the load is.

It appears that it can't fill and sense water level at the same time, so it repeatedly fills a little and checks over and over again with water hammer on every fill. No soft close solenoids on this model. A simple towel wash can have more than 15 fills with hammer each time, annoying and slow!

30 minute quick wash doesn't spin after wash and before first rinse. So it wastes water on rinsing soapy clothes. A 30 sec spin after wash would have made this cycle useful.

Wash performance is standard, so at least clothes are clean. I do like the fast spritz/vortex wash in the middle of the wash cycle. Definitely do not overdo the powder as this bit creates some bubbles. Spin of 1200 in adequate. Releases door quickly on pause, so can easily add stuff unless water is above door. The ability to customise the temp and spin for each cycle is nice.

Was hoping for a quicker, quieter washing machine than my old one. This fails on both these measures. A few tweaks F&P and this could be a great machine.

Edited 5Aug2018. Updated text and added a star since it does work as a washing machine,

Verified Purchase Model: WH7560J1 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Mar 2015

A miserable brand and worst service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

The worst machine ever, and their greed is enormous; heartless company;
#damaged office uniforms; kids dresses and many more.
#Simply split the cloths during spinning; slit and torn apart. Unbelievable.
When asked to have a look, they will only asked for a warranty, but not looked at the cause of the problem. SHAME on you.
Never buy this ..I won't.

• 1 question

Model: WH8560J3 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

This is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

One of the best washes I have used cleans and rinse my clothes without any problems Makes my clothes smell better than ever and is gentle on some of my clothes So easy to use even my mum can use it quiet quick looks good fits perfect in my laundry.

Loganholme

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Perfect Washing Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

I Googled and read reviews on here and short listed a few in my budget. When I got to the store and physically looked at them, F&P had the best water/energy stars, felt more solid than others and sized just right, so went with it.
Easy to use, looks tidy, great wash, fast, insanely quiet and just a small noise to let you know it was done, then it turned its own power off! The cold hose only is no problem as I only use cold anyway. And it heats itself for warm/hot.
The only thing I can think of with the bad reviews here, is incorrect installation or user error. Not sure how though as it’s so simple. I love it and hope to get the same life out of it as the old Simpson.

Adelaide

• 2 comments

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Fantastic Machine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

This washing machine is amazing. It is quiet, and I love the pre-wash and Rinse+ settings. The pre-wash removes any lint, hair or any other debris from the clothes. I dont find that it 'wears-out' my clothes, and i like that i can adjust the machine and settings to exactly how I want. Would recommend!!

perth

• 4 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 5 answers

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Nice washing machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I have bought this washing machine last year from the good guys. The price of this washing machine is very reasonable and It looks pretty cool with the modern look touch screen at the front. It is water saving compared to some of the other brands which is the main reason we bought it. The only bad thing is it make some noise.

Brisbane

Model: WH8560J3 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: May 2018

This busy working mummy highly recommends

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

I have two young messy boys and a tradie husband.... lets just say this is the best washing machine ever. My family have never had such clean clothing. It cleans so well!! It’s quiet, it has a variety of functions you can realise customise each load which I just love.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Brisbane

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Religious problems with the touch screen

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

While owning this machine the touch screen display broke various times. I ended up receiving a replacement washing machine from Fisher & Paykel after two years of problems.
But the inconvenience of waiting for maintenance multiple times meant long nights at the laundromat and piles of unwashed clothing. I regret buying a touch screen now.

Regency Downs

• 2 answers

Model: WH8560J3 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Waste of money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Dirt, Lint etc from clothing ends up in seals. Lint catcher doesn't "catch anything at all. It's also placed at the bottom, front, right hand side of machine. You are required to "unplug" a small hose to get to the filter. This hose, is very low to the floor. It pours water from it and there is no way of catching it except for using towels!
The machine has also started to make very loud spinning noises. It was very quiet at first but not any longer.
I had top loaders before this and will definitely be going back to them!

Adelaide

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Dose a good job at washing cloths

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

This washing machine dose a good job on cloths but we had major issues with the water exit tube as it was extremely short and had to pay exta to the installers to get a few exta cm in length so the water can just go down the sink. Other than tha it dose a good job cleaning the cloths

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Quiet and sophistication in the perfect size

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

This washing machine is a dream. Just choose the right wash cycle and it washes the clothes perfectly. Even silks come out perfect with no tears or wear! The main dial and buttons are easy to use and looks good. The machine has a high energy and water efficiency rating, which is obvious when you see how little water is used during the cycle.

Toowoomba

• 1 answer

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Awesome machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

This is a Great machine very reliable and quite. We picked it up at a good price also.
The machine is a all round good machine with the quick mode or the water saving mode.
I have not had a problem with it at all.
Definitely have recommended it to other people.

Purchased at: Joyce Mayne

Glen Waverly

Model: WH8560J3 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: May 2018

Pleased With This Washer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

This is a our first Fisher and Paykel front loader. After many reliable years with their top loaders, we though we would use them for a front loader. Water efficiency was up the top of our list and this machine is very good in that dept. It does a super job of making the clothes feel very clean and spins up so fast that they barely need drying when done. We are hoping for a long life from this but so very, very good indeed.

Model: WH8560J3 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: May 2017

Great machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

Cleans well and a quiet machine so can have on at night time without too much trouble. I wish I had of bought the one which you can stop and add items into For only about $60 more which would have Been so much easier in hindsight. But a good machine none the less

Purchased at: 2nds World

Model: WH7560J2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: May 2016

It lasted less than 2 years without issues

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

I really liked this washing machine when I first got it, I even recommended it to my parents who have also bought one. I found that it cleaned my clothes well, was quiet and easy to use.

However, even it was about 23 months old (one month before the manufacturing warranty runs out), I started having massive issues with it. The biggest issue was that during most loads, the suds sud up excessively and large amounts of water leak out the back. When I tried booking it on for a service with Fisher and Paykel, I was told that this was a common issue and I should only use half a scoop of detergent and give the drum a clean which has not helped at all. I have started using 1/4 of a scoop and this still hasn’t fixed the leaking. Fisher and Paykel have told me that this is not covered under warranty because it has to do with the detergent so I’ll have to pay for the service, parts and labor. They extended my warranty for an additional 3 months in case it is not this that is the issue but it is likely that I’ll need to pay it but they cannot confirm until it has been done.

I’ll do some more research before buying a new washing machine next time to ensure that it will last longer. I wouldn’t recommend Fisher and Paykel due to the issues with the service centre.

• 1 comment

Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Machine stops on Spin Cycle and won't progress

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

The machine works really well until it decides to randomly stop on the spin cycle when it has from 3-8 mins left. I thought it was over loaded, so I open the machine and take items out but it seems to make no difference. I've stopped the machine and put it on the spin cycle and still it just turns left, then right but doesn't go into a full 1200 rpm spin. This is not a one off problem so it's very frustrating and a huge waste of my time!
Would love to know if anyone else experiences this problem?

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Cleans well

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

The washing machine cleans well, is relatively quiet but only has a cold water hose meaning cycles that use hot water take a long time to complete as the unit itself has to head the water. . Has a handy quick cycle which only takes 30 minutes to complete, but doesn't allow for loads using very hot water > 70 degrees Celsius. Has a very short drainage hose.

Verified Purchase Model: WH7560J3 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Very happy with this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2018

Love this machine. It is extremely quiet, washes clothes beautifully and has a choice of many wash programs which I found a lot of other machines didn't have. Doesn't move either when on high spin. Price reasonable too and with 4 star water saving and 4½ start energy. No regrets.

Purchased at: Appliances Online