Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Model: WH7560P2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jan 2015

quiet and super easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Nice and quiet and super easy to use. I love the Eco settings and the quick wash function. If you are in a hurry and really need or want to do a wash with items that really aren't that soiled or dirty the quick wash setting is fantastic and does the job nicely.

Brisbane

Model: WH8060P2 (8.0kg) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Can't live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

As someone who exercises daily, I have lots of changing clothes and sports towels, every day. This little helper has made my life so much easier. It has wide range of washing mode, for sports clothes, for work cloths, or for heavy duty. Most importantly, it is very energy efficient.

Brisbane

Model: WH8560P2 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Awesome. Fisher & paykel yet again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

Seriously happy. Have owned a fisher & paykel washing machine for over 10 years never missed a beat but finally died two months ago. So we did our research asked others etc then decided on fisher & paykel again. Not only is this machine front loader but it's seriously quiet. Has fantastic quick cycle 30mins and then longer for my partners work clothes. Has all the looks , bells n whistles that you would expect but then is so simple to use. You don't have to go to a menu looking for menus to set settings. Such a great price then because it has 4star energy n 4 star water we could get the government rebate so got this baby for a steal. Very happy!

Model: WH8560P2 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: Nov 2017

amazing washing machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Extremely delicate clothes come out fine, amazing almost dry rinse cycle and saves on power. I only ever used too loaders but will always use front loaders from now on. Minimum ironing required. Win- win. Also quiet and lots of options that actually do what they say. A must have for a busy working family with kids

Model: WH7560P2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Very disappointed!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Both our washer & Dryer had/have an issue with them, both are still covered under warranty so are both quite new.
There was no urgency placed on the service call and when they did come it’s during work hours which does not suit most working families, they only give a 5 hour window. Who has time to sit around at home for hours waiting for something to be fixed which shouldn’t have broken down in the first place.
Then when they came and “fixed” it, we found out it had not been fixed & had to wait for them to come out 5 days later again!! Finally it got fixed but This time they were also meant to fix the dryer also, but it needed a part..that’s great but they still haven’t been back!!! We have a dryer that is only 4 months old that is just a scrap of rubbish at the moment!! What discrace fisher paykel we will never purchase another item from you again and would not recommend either product to friends or family...I’ve owned other brands and have never had so much trouble! Get your act together!

Model: WH8560P2 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great and has a soak option

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Has plenty of options and functions. Cloths come out clean and nearly dry as well. We do stacks of washing in a house of 4 with a baby. We also use cloth nappies and the soak option in the washing machine is great. Our reusable nappies still look brand new.

Gold Coast

• 9 helpful votes

Model: WH8060P2 (8.0kg) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

What a brilliant little unit.

We've had it for about 8 months now and it has not faltered. The settings are user friendly and easy to understand, when running - even on 1400rpm - it is quiet enough and the clothes are always well washed.

The only thing we did not try is to cook our whites at say 90 degrees but have used it at 60 degrees. With good detergent, those whites really did look very white!

We would gladly buy it again and have no issues in recommending it.

Purchased at: Domayne

Model: WH7560P2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Dec 2009

Using this for the last 7 odd years ...still doing its job !!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Best buy, price wise....no issues so far.....we kept in in a storage for a year before we moved into our own home, still kicking butt, we will be upgrading it soon for newer & bigger model as now we have a family, but I would still recommend to everyone who loves a reliable product.

Model: WH7560P2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Impressive machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

This machine is fantastic. It was bought in an emergency as the 12-year old Asko it replaced had finally packed it in. It's quiet - so quiet that the water inlet and drain are noisier than the spin cycle. Clothes come out fresh, and the cycles are pretty quick (half the time of the old Asko). Towels particularly come out feeling fresh and fluffy compared to the old machine. I wish the old one had broken earlier!

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Model: WH8560P2 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: Aug 2016

It is Execellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

This machine is very perfect as it washes clean and spin very dry.
The machine does not wear out clothes it is performance is excellent and brillant
The machine is medium in terms of noise but washes clean
The features of the machine are easy to use and user friendly

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Mascot

Model: WH7560P2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great for small family

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

Although the 7.5 kg front load washing machine seems a bit small, it is enough for a small family as it has a 30 mins quick wash function. The quick wash function is great, the clothes are well washed and it is easy to select the desired water temperature and number of spins. It is relatively quiet too.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Model: WH7560P2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Love it! Reasonable price with great function

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

This washing machine surprisingly doesnt use much water, and i love the fact that there is a 15 mins quick wash function, its perfect for my newborn baby clothing. It is also quite. For reference we have a 4 sqm laundry with brick vener wall filled with insulation and with the door closed we can hear nothing!

• 1 review

Model: WH8560P2 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Doesn't do what the salesman said

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

6 months old, had technician out three times and again tomorrow. Doesn't rinse all the soap out. Takes 30min to complete the last 8 minutes. Told the technician it takes two hours for delicate cycle. He said they work best with a full load. Can't wash what I require...NO use to me.

Model: WH7560P2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Perfect Brand but minor hiccup

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Thought i'd just put it out there. We brought a brand new 7.5 Fisher & Paykel front loader just over a week ago and it has been used twice. Now though it has stopped working and keeps saying that the door is open. We have checked the latch, hinges and seals and all seems to be fine. So we called Fisher & Paykel and their technician is coming out first thing Monday free of charge. inconvenient but at least they are reliable when there is a fault.

• 1 review

Model: WH8560P2 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: Sep 2015

F&P Whisper Quiet WMachine Out of Balance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

It would have been a peace of mind when decided to purchase this machine instead it was a bad choice all along. The Out of Balance headache reoccurred about 2/10 washes and sometimes it takes about 2 or more hours to finish the 8 minute (last) cycle. Now two years warranty has just expired and looking to scrap it for something else NOT F&P again.

Canberra

Model: WH7560P2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

great price great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Quick and efficient machine great choice of wash cycles very quiet great machine ! Perfect size for our small laundry i love front loads bot everyone does but it mean u have space above the.machine and u can put it under a bench clothes dont come out overly wrinkled loke some machines very happy

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

• 15 answers
  • 64 helpful votes

Model: WH7560P2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

If you want a quick wash, don't buy this machine!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Bought this washer 7 weeks ago and from the start it has never completed a cycle within the specified time. In fact only recently one load wouldn't complete at all and I had to remove dripping washing from the machine. Tried to put it through the spin cycle and it simply would not spin, despite over 35 minutes elapsing.
We had the technician out today and he advised that we should use the bulky cycle for sheets and towels (which takes over 2 hours to complete) and not to use the quick or everyday cycle. So in fact the information in the instruction manual is completely inaccurate as it advises that you can use the Quick cycle for loads less than 4 kg. This is clearly not the case. I have tried loads of 3-4 kg (a couple of sheets and towels), and it takes anything up to an hour to complete a 35 minute cycle. It washes fine, but the problem arises with the rinse and spin components of the cycle. I've had the machine sitting for 20 minutes or more at the 3 minute mark before it finally decides to complete the cycle! It clearly has a mind of its own as the same type of load done at different times can take anything from 40-60 minutes to finish. The same problem arises with the everyday cycle. Apparently sheets and towels should always be done on the bulky cycle (again so the technician informed me.)
One of the reasons for buying this washer was that it has a quick cycle. I read the instruction manual before buying the machine and there is nothing in the manual to say that you cannot use the quick cycle to wash sheets and towels (which again the technician told me!).
Granted the machine is quiet and uses very little water (one of the reasons we bough it), but the washing cycles leave a lot to be desired and are not fit for purpose. Fisher and Paykel need to lift their game and provide accurate information in their manual. Why have a quick and everyday cycle if they can rarely be used?? I've previously had a Bendix for more than 16 years which I only ever used on the quick cycle without any problems whatsoever. The Fisher and Paykel certainly leaves a lot to be desired unless you want to spend 2 or more hours waiting for your wash cycle to finish! If you're looking for a quick wash, don't buy this machine - guaranteed to frustrate you no end waiting for the cycle to finish.

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Model: WH7560P2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: May 2017

An essential part of the house

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I recently had to buy another washing machine as my old faithful gave up after 20 years. As it was a Fisher & Paykel I naturally steered to that brand again. The salesman at Good Guys was really good as I was convinced I wanted a top loader but he talked me into a front loader. I'm still not convinced it was the right choice. It washes well and rinses well but being older the bending to load and unload is a bit of a problem and will only get worse in years to come. It is amazingly quiet. I have to keep checking to see if it is still on or if the cycle has finished. The beep when it is finished is not very loud so I can't hear it upstairs.
Overall it is a nice machine but I don't think it will last as long as my previous one.

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WH8560P2 (8.5kg) Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Fast machine, great wash performance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Very effective at cleaning and rinsing, no issues with retained detergent residue (using both powder and liquid). No issues with clothes catching or being damaged. High maximum spin speed gets clothes and sheets/towels very dry without excessive creasing. Machine is very quiet when washing, but is not incredibly quiet when spinning. My machine is installed on a wooden floor, so moved around until the feet were set level (the floor is not very level).

The machine can have difficult with smaller loads (e.g. a few sheets or towels), as it won't spin until it works out how to balance itself. On some programs this can add 15-20 minutes. The timer will sit at 8 minutes to go until the machine decides it is happy. Plan for the cycles to take a little longer if the load is unbalanced.

High capacity, can fit 5 sets of heavy work clothes easily and still washes effectively.

Control panel is simple to use, machine is easy to open and fill.

Quality of some parts is not as good as some European machines (e.g. the panels are powder coated not enamelled).

Perth

Model: WH7560P2 (7.5kg) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Never buy a top loading machine again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I've always used a top loading machine & finally decided to go for a change - I'm so glad I did! This model front loader is so quiet, compact, uses less water & detergent too, so it's a winner. My clothes are spotlessly clean & smell lovely. It's also good value for money.

1 of 22 pages

WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Is there a guide to how much you can put in it?

Rach asked on Jan 14, 2018

Answer this

Depends on the items towels been heaviest when wet about half to 3/4 full. Ours has a bulky cycle so we can do our quilt but it is light dacron. My work clothes are all light so i can fill it almost i just leave room for my arm to push in. They have a 24/7 hot line and they do answer pretty much straight away plus you can google your manual if you know product key. Mine has loading on pg 23. Basicly if its synthetic can load a lot if its cotton has to be on right cycle as our machine auto senses weight. Hope that helps

WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

Wow have had lots of issues with the machine ! contacted support got told Technician would not be available till mid Jan! Not impressed at all. The machine has only been plugged in for 4 months and purchased 6 months ago! Keeps going out on a CLr FLTr error. All fitters have been checked multiple times now. I have followed the steps on page 35 multiple times as per manual yet not luck! Any suggestions would be appreciated give it has been 4 days now and 14 more days to go with no washing machine !!

Jason B asked on Dec 30, 2017

Answer this

The washing machine cannot drain the water fast enough so it thinks the filter at front bottom RH corner is blocked.
How fast does the water drain?
Remove the filter , beware of any residual water in base of machine, and check drain hose is not blocked by blowing back into machine.
A kink in drain hose, coins in tube from tub to drain pump, a hair pin, shirt collar cleat, hair band, caught in the impeller etc can prevent water from draining.
All of these are user faults, not machine faults, and are billable.
Delay in service is because customers no longer look after their machine, read the manual,
use common sense and then get upset when it stops, then get upset when fault was from their lack of care and is billable.
Over 80% of warranty repairs are user faults, and billable.

I have a fisher and paykel washing machine model GW612. It was working great however it was smelling mouldy, so I removed the tub and cleaned the drum and tub. However, when I put it back again and tested if it is working okay, it gets stuck on rinse cycle and does not go ahead. There is no beep, but a hum of it drying to drain the water. there is nothing coming out of the drain pipe, even if I lower it to ground level. How can I fix the problem? Thanks in advance.

Macks asked on Dec 29, 2017

Answer this

Thought this is the front loader section....

See all 260 questions about Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

WH7560P2 (7.5kg) WH8560P2 (8.5kg) WH8060P2 (8.0kg) WH8560P1 (8.5kg) ** WH7560P1 (7.5kg) ** WH8060P1 (8.0kg) **
Price (RRP) $1099 $1249 $1199
Capacity 7.5kg 8.5kg 8.5kg 7.5kg 8kg
Max Spin Speed 1400rpm 1400rpm 1400rpm 1400rpm 1400rpm 1400rpm
Number of Wash Cycles 13 13 13 13 13 13
Water Consumption 64 73 73 64 68
Replaced By WH8560P2 (8.5kg) WH8560P2 (8.5kg) WH8060P2 (8.0kg)

** Replaced by another product
The main difference between these models is load size