Got charged before I can use the service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I initially signed up with a different gym, then I switched over with fitness passport.
on 20th Nov, I got a message said my membership was approved but I need to wait 2 weeks for my membership card. Then 2 days later I got charged for the next 2 weeks, it did not make sense to me as I cannot use the service without membership card for that two weeks. At the same time, my gym I signed up initially charged me for that 2 weeks as well.
I sent inquiry about it, all responses I got were it is your problem with my initial gym.
They even got my last name wrong many times.

Great until you try to cancel the membership

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Used it for 3 years all great. Until I tried to cancel the membership. They continued to deduct payments while at the same time barring me from accèss to the gym. Responses to emails were prompt but did not answer the questions I asked like how to actually stop payments being deducted.

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi Lynne, Thanks for chatting with me via private messages about this. As discussed, I'm sorry for the miscommunication you experienced. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fitness Passport on... read more »

Very upset

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

My partner and I were former caretrac clients. As they have folded we were converted onto my fitness passport. We now come to find out that our membership is double the cost of our caretrac membership.
We are now being charged $42 a week.
Today we read it is $300 to cancel our membership.
This has made me very upset and at this point I definitely would not recommend this company onto any of my clients, friends or family.

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi Alicia, I've sent you a couple of private messages over the last couple of days as I'd love to look into this and help resolve this for you. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you. Kind Regards, Polina

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Too expensive when oldest turns 18!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

My direct debit also increased to $74.50 a fortnight as my son turned 18!!! Way too expensive now. How do I cancel? Need a better communication system.

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi there As discussed in our private messages, we send an email one month prior to any dependant turning 18 to advise of the increase of pricing and give you an option to remove them from your mem... read more »

my point was just that it’s very expensive now he’s 18! We will think about what we want to do. Thanks

• 1 question

False Membership Information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

Who can I get in contact with to resolve an issue with membership prices? We were not informed prior to signing up that members of my family who are under 25 would require an additional charge. We are now being charged $73.80 forthrightly!!! I’m disappointed that membership fees weren’t explicitly outlined prior to signing up. I’m a teacher and had heard great things about family accounts but 73.80 a fortnight is just too expensive. What happened to the $23 a fortnight for a family. Now I might have to cancel and pay even more money.

Looking forward to hearing a response,

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi Lauren, As discussed in our private messages and your communications with our customer service team, it seems as if you had configured your family membership incorrectly on sign up. I'm glad we ... read more »

Luv it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

So many gyms in the penrith area accept it. Zoo fitness even lets us use the creche. best value. sometime you to also purchase a 24 hour pass for certain gyms and I have bought 2 one cost me $15 one cost me $30 but even their members have to buy it and i can now use those gyms 24/7

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi there, Thank you so much for your awesome review! I’m so glad you’re making the most of your membership – keep enjoying your Fitness Passport! Cheers, Polina

Travel between SYD and QLD

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

Hi I have found a few things with FP. First is that in NSW Anytime Fitness (majority) do not offer this service. You have to pay a fee for swipe cards for most places. One of them cost me $89 just for a entry swipe card. Other than that I can't fault FP. I often travel from SYD to QLD and want to go to the gym there. Is this possible with my membership.

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi Dean, Thanks for your review! We have a large range of facilities available on each employer’s program. Unfortunately some of the gyms on the program do charge additional fees, which is out of t... read more »

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Biggest rip off. Have been taking substantial money from my account I’ve over last 3 weeks. No phone number to call

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi there, I've sent you a couple of private messages regarding your review. Please let me know if you need any assistance as I'd love to help you out. Thank you, Polina.

More information

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2018

How do I find out more information about this? The website doesn't explain anything. Cancellation fees, and how and where you can use it.
Regards
Anna

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi Anna, Thanks for getting in touch with us! The packages on our program differ between employers. If you contact us at info@fitnesspassport.com.au with your employer name and location, we can sen... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Great concept with a great variety of fitness options for your family. Having a choice is so great. Well done fitness passport my family love it.

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi there! Thank you so much for your excellent review! I'm so glad to hear you and your family are loving the variety of facilities on Fitness Passport. Happy exercising! Polina

Verified Customer

Amazing Customer Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Having terminated employment (and ceasing to live in the country) there was a mix up from my employer in regards to cancelling my fitness passport that resulted in extra charges for 2 months. One email to fitness passport and I had a customer service representative Diana contact me to resolve it. Far and away one of the best customer service experiences I've had from any company. I had a refund processed almost immediately (inclusive of my overdrawn fees from the bank) and nothing but warm replies from the fitness passport team. Truly above and beyond. Considering this was more my employers error than fitness passport I almost can't believe it. The actual service itself was great while I was using it but this customer service shown to me is spot on. Thanks for your help!

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi Blake, Thank you so much for your excellent review! I'm so glad we were able to help you out with this. I've passed your feedback on to Diana and the team! Cheers, Polina

Great service...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Initially used the service, was pretty good. Moved locations and now reside on a state border. Get this, gyms on one side of the border that actually use fitness passport tell me I can use their gym but fitness passport says I can’t as my employer is on the other side of the border. If I signed up with a multi-location gym, I could use all of their locations. Agree with others comments that customer service is minimal when contacted about this and just a generic response given.
Whilst customer service definitely could be improved with common sense prevailing, certainly once explaining the case through this forum, the issue was easily resolved for the benefit of many.

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi Col, Thank you for your review. I'm really glad that we could work out the facilities issue and have you back as a member with us! Thanks, Polina

Contact detail

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Coulld I please be provided with a phone number at fitness passport to speak to someone regarding membership please? I am having difficulty with the lack of correspondence.

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi Carly, I've sent you a couple of private messages regarding your review. Please let me know if you still need some assistance as I'd love to help you out! Thank you, Polina.

• 3 answers

Great response

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Fitness Passport has been very helpful in looking into my current situation and providing a solution.
Will definitely come back!

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi there, Thank you so much for your great review! I am so glad we were able to resolve your issues. Kind regards, Polina

Suits our family 100%

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Can't fault this product after some initial teething problems setting up. Great value and variety of locations - has got me and the family motivation to keeping in great shape !!! Best thing to have come along ... my union (association) got us this deal here in Vic and now I find interstate colleagues in Qld have it - bonus !!!

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi there, Thank you so much for your great review! I'm so glad to hear you and your family are enjoying your Fitness Passport - happy exercising! Cheers, Polina

Bateau Bay, Central Coast

• 1 comment
Private message

Emails have been ignored!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I have sent two emails from my work email address wanting to cancel the membership on behalf on my three children who are also on the same account as me.

I have not had a response after two emails in a week. Happy to debit the $$$ our of my account though!!

Pathetic service!!

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi Gail, As discussed in our private messages, the contact address you had been emailing was internal at your workplace, rather than a direct Fitness Passport email address. I'm glad we were able t... read more »

Thank you so much Polina.
Kind redargs
Gail

• 1 answer

Customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I’ve been a member for almost 12 months and find that the customer service is pathetic and my emails never get a response, why there is no call centre I really don’t know
I will be removing my family members once the 12 months have finished and that is going to be an interesting exercise.

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi there, As discussed in our private messages I'm sorry to hear you've not had the best experience with our customer service team. Sometimes our replies from info@fitnesspassport.com.au do get los... read more »

Bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I signed up through the health service I am employed by. Received membership and ID numbers via text but cannot log on to site. Was not given a password. Submitted my membership number and birth date but it states they are not recognized. I am paying for nothing.

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Good morning Barb, I have sent you two private messages regarding your review, as I'd love to help get this sorted out for you! Please let me know if I can assist you.
Thanks, Polina

Issues with card not being recognized and hence not being able to contact FP re my issues online.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

I need to contact someone re non recognition of my FP card. It does not recognize me as a member on your online contact form. I need to be able to resolve this.

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi Michael,
Thank you so much for getting in touch with us. I'm so glad we were able to resolve the issues with your membership!
Cheers,
Polina

• 1 helpful vote

It’s a no brainer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Not restricted to one gym and I have no problems finding ones close by where ever I am. Quick and easy sign up as well as fast response when I’ve emailed the team. Looks like the people giving low stars is due to their own fault of being unorganised and assuming that fitness passport controls all the gyms when they are merely a ‘passport’ to them. Eg at times I will go to a 24/7 gym when it’s unstaffed but to do so i just signed up with them using the passport and so now i can access it when ever I want. Best thing ever!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fitness Passport Official

Hi John, Thank you so much for your awesome review. I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying your Fitness Passport membership! Cheers, Polina

1 of 7 pages