Sunday Meal Prep: Open door, collect box, done!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

So I have been using FivePointFour Meal Prep meals for the past two weeks and I am HOOKED! I absolutely love them. Compared to a number of other meal prep companies these meals are extremely fresh, have so many meal varieties, are high in protein without being crazy high, are full of flavour (so many great spices used) and are really affordable. I am a bikini competitor but also work and study full time. I find that having a meal prep company sort my meals out at the start of the week helps me not only stay on track, but also enjoy the food I am eating during week to stay on track with my fitness goals. I also love that if I dont get through them all in the week they keep well in the freezer until I want them. My favourite meals so far would have the be the Beef Stroganoff or Tuscan Chicken! 10/10 love them to death and will continue to use them throughout my prep and beyond! I have a discount code for $15 off my first box LILY15 too which is awesome!

Amazing Food, Amazing Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I have been using 5.4 off and on for the past 3 years and I have to say these meals are just amazing!! Now that you can choose your meals and pay as you go has really helped me through prep and through planning on general.
Anytime I have to contact 5.4 the staff have been so easy to deal with and have always made me feel as a valued customer!
Alex from Customer Service has always gone beyond to help me out and I am very appreciative of that :)

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi K.Parsons, thank you for sharing your journey with us and thank you for being a valued 5.4 customer. We are super happy to hear after 3 years you are still loving the meals. We will certainly pa... read more »

Very tasty meals!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Best meal prepping company I have bought off. ordered 3 times now and will continue to order, meals taste really good and are perfectly portioned!

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Julian, great to hear from you. We are so happy to hear you are loving the meals. We would love to hear how you are tracking on the program. Please let the team know if there is anything we can ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

You WILL see results!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

I did the 5.4 8 week program (Active Plan) & lost a whopping 10KG's whilst gaining muscle mass.
It goes to show that you CAN have carbs and lose weight! Don't fall for these magic potion, powders or shake diets, 5.4 is where it's at!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Phil, 10kgs is an amazing achievement :) Congratulations! We look forward to keeping in touch and hearing more about your journey. If there is anything we can assist with please contact us on 1300 343 656 or email admin@fivepointfour.com.au

You won’t be hungry or disappointed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Been on a few programs but I love that they have a vegan option which is delicious staff are very helpful

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Bee, thank you for giving our Vegan plan a go. We are glad to hear you are loving it. Please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 343 656 if you need help with your account or if you would like to place an order

Worth going back for!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I previously used 5.4 and stopped because I was having trouble keeping up with the program. Since they have revised their food options and payment/deliver options I've found them easy to use and really delicious! I currently order the vegan meals and found the taste great and quality even better. I am really glad I went back to tey them again.

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Katep, thank you so much for your feedback. Welcome back on board :) We love hearing from our customers and their feedback so we can grow and improve the service to suits their wants and needs. ... read more »

Great delivery service and excellent food

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I find the food very filling (low carb women's meals) - my sweet tooth cravings have been curbed also (BIG bonus). I really love that my food is delivered to my area very early Sat a.m. so that when I get up in the morning I just have to bring it inside and put it away. I lead an extremely busy life with a busy job and an elderly parent who requires a lot of my time, so the meals fit perfectly into my present lifestyle.

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Janice, thank you so much for your feedback :) We're pleased to hear the meals have provided an easy option to eat healthy in your busy lifestyle. Thank you for being apart of the 5.4 family. If... read more »

• 4 helpful votes

Excellent food, Excellent customer services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

I have now tried all vegan meals and all of them are really tasty. The only one I didn't like it is the tofu one, but that's because I don't like tofu.
I had a little issue with my delivery (broken lid of one of the meals) but the team contacted me in less than half day after I sending an email and sorted it out for me.
I am gluten and lactose intolerant and vegetarian and it is hard to find meals that attend to my needs and is tasty. This is already my second time ordering and we also placed an order for my husband as well.

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Iritz, we are really pleased you are loving the Vegan meals. Thank you for being apart of the 5.4 fam. If there is anything that the team can assist with or if you would like to place another or... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment

"okay"...I guess??

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

It's a great idea and the delivery service works well for those who just don't have the time to prepare a keto diet. However, the quality of the food is sub-par when comparing it to others in the market ("A Life Plus" for example)

Bland ingredients, especially the vegetables.
I can only describe the meals as an extremely watery version of airline food. There's so much water it's beyond belief!

The lack of choice / customisation in the meal selections should be noted on their site as well, so as to identify this to people who don't eat specific meats / food.

I will also say that I had problems cancelling my order due to not being impressed, and yet money was still taken from my account. When attempts to call were made, my response was always "we will deal with that tomorrow...".

Not happy... But here's the reason why I won't give them less than 3 stars...

It works.

3 kg loss in just over a week, through diet (alone).

If anyone wants healthy, fresh, tasty and nutritious food, I'd go with A Life Plus instead.

Good luck, but you're gonna need to improve the standards of customer service, and the quality of the food, I definitely CANNOT justify the cost of this service with this poor standard of food.

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Mike, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the meals, while we have hundreds of customers who love the meals and the ability to customise what they receive we do un... read more »

Hi, I appreciate your response. I'm grateful for at least trying your service out. I do like the fact that it works, that I can confirm, but now that I have been using another service for the past... read more »

FivePointFour Official

Hi Mike, we appreciate your feedback. This has been passed onto the team.

Foods decent company bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

The food is good but 5.4 really only care about your money and how many regular orders you make. They can’t fix their delivery issues and have difficulty keeping staff in their contact centre. Whenever I call up (about my delivery issues) I speak with someone different, maybe their staff leave because they treat them like crap. Don’t know if that’s the case but from the dealings I’ve had with them I’d say they probably don’t give a damn about their employees because they don’t care about customer satisfaction that’s for sure. Give them a go but lower your expectations.

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Chris, thank you for sharing your feedback we are sorry to hear that you feel this way. This is certainly not the case at all and value each and everyone of our customers. Was there any particul... read more »

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I also had wanted this food to be nice, but after eating about 6 meals I was disappointed that the chicken meals were dry and chewy, the flavours were the same each dish, and very watery. The vegetables look dismal and I really did not enjoy eating the majority of the meals. I will keep eating the rest of the 20 meals but try to add something to them to make them more palatable, which I really didn't want to have to do! It's a fantastic idea to do low carb low sugar meals but the logistics of it make it hard to work properly in reality. I won't be getting more as I just can't justify it for the price.

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Steph, thank you for sharing your feedback, we are really sorry to hear you haven't been enjoying the meals, this certainly not the usual feedback we receive. In terms of the extra water and dry... read more »

Fantastic Option for Time Poor People

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I've been a 5.4 customer for some time now and recommend it to everyone that complain they eat too much take away or don't have the time to cook there own meals. I started doing these as a strict diet for health goals but then quickly realized that it also saves me time and money.

Customer Care is always easy to deal with never had an issue when I've called up to get extra food or delay an order if I need to go away.

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hey Matt C, thank you so much for recommending us. We are always very grateful of any referrals we get :) It's awesome to hear the plan has saved you some time and money.Thank you for being apart o... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Asbsolutely dreadful - bland, cheap ingredients and lack of variety.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Had high hopes for this program however I can see that I have had the same issues as previous reviewers....
1. They all taste the same. All the tomato sauce based meals taste the same.
2. The side vegetables lack any variety. I seriously cannot look at another green bean again never mind eat another one.
3. Bland bland bland! The pictures show a decent amount of sauce but once you pour off the 100ish ml of water you're left with pieces of chicken with hardly any sauce or spice.
4. The protein is very low quality - some pieces are very large and other are like shredded meat. This means they all cook at different levels so some pieces are OK but the rest is overcooked and dry.

After perservering with half the meal we ordered My Muscle Chef and the meals are 1000% better and CHEAPER.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS CRAP.

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Ben C, we are truly sorry to hear this. This is certainly not the usual experience with 5.4. We use nothing but the highest quality of beef and chicken sourced from local farms and have a variet... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Absoloutly amazing meals!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

These meals have the perfect amount of food in them and taste amazing! And the program is so easy to follow. Highly recommend! Im saving so much time on cooking.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Caitlin, thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear the program is easy to follow and is freeing up some extra time for you :) Thank you for being apart of the 5.4 family. If ther... read more »

Perth

Keeps me healthy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I ordered 5.4 originally to assist with keeping my diet on track. However in addition to ensuring that I eat healthy, filling, tasty meals, it has been a great way to save money. There is no excuse for me to have to buy take away as there is always something to eat in my freezer. The meal sizes are filling and the variety means that I am never lost for choice. I recommend 5.4 for its convenience and healthy choice.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hey Rachelle, it's so great to hear the plan has helped you stay on track with your fitness goals :) We love that we are able to bring convenience and variety to our customers. Thank you for recomm... read more »

Perth

Private message

Losing weight on low carb meals

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I’m very impressed with the 5.4 prepared meals and I’ve found them to be varied and flavoured. I’m eating the low carb meals and I've been consistently losing weight and not feeling hungry which makes me feel sure the right nutrients are in the meals. I don’t use a microwave, instead I heat the meals in the oven (on a china plate) which gives frozen vegetables a more crispy taste.
I’ve found the delivery punctual and I appreciate the text message to let me know the meals have arrived here. The few times I’ve rung the company, I’ve found the staff very helpful.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Shirley, we appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. It's so great to hear you've been successful on the plan so far :) Keep up the great work, we look forward to seeing your progr... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Healthy filling low carb low fat vegan meals!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I am so impressed with the taste and quality of these convenient meals. I have tried a few competitors and I can honestly say these taste the best and offer the healthiest nutritional content. worling two jobs I just don't always get the time to cook these vegan meals have been very helpful! I like the use of tvp and lower carb mungbean noodles! Highly recommend!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Jovana, thank you so much for sharing. We are thrilled to hear our program has helped with your busy lifestyle. Thank you so much for being apart of the 5.4 fam. If there is anything we can assi... read more »

Verified Customer

Zero stars - terrible food. Never. Again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Really wanted to love it (even like it) but it's terrible.

I was excited about receiving my first order of 5.4 (women’s & men’s meals + breakfast). Unfortunately the three meals I’ve had to date have been terrible. The meals were transferred to the freezer within the suggested timeframe and cooked as recommended. The pictures on each meal represent a delicious looking meal however that’s not the case. To give you an idea - the lamb kofta were rubbery, and tasteless, the beans were soggier than frozen beans from the supermarket, the sauce was barely noticeable and the whole meal sat neatly in defrosted water.

I really wanted to like 5.4 as it would save me a lot of time prepping and washing up - more of us are time poor these days so this had potential. Unfortunately I won’t be a repeat customer and I’m not sure what to do with the freezer full of meals.

**I also contacted 5.4 over two weeks ago as I felt it was important to share the feedback before posting my review to allow the opportunity to improve. Disappointingly, no reply.**

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Mic, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on the meals you tried and we are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy them. We understand that everyone has different tastes, and we will... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Lots of water and tough dry protein

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

I have tried nearly every meal delivery plan in Sydney and was optimistic with this one due to reviews but I am sadly disappointed. The food is bland and all taste the same. Well categories like butter chicken, curry and satay all same flavour and all so called Italian dishes taste the same. No idea what their version of Stroganoff is meant to be as I have never tasted one like it eeewwww. But due to wanting to lose a few kilos before a holiday I persevered.
As the meals are frozen I ordered 2 weeks in advance trying to save on my esky disposal (due to no recycling at the moment. I hear its coming) but so regret this decision. I have to pour out at least 3 to 4 tablespoons of water and due to lack of sauce the protein ends up dry and chewy. If I lost at least a few grams in 2 weeks I might have soldiered on but I ended up putting on weight even though I stayed under 1200 calories and exercised. Such a pity!

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi MissV37, we appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We are sorry to hear you have not enjoyed the meals. We have thousands of customers on our plans who love the variety of flavou... read more »

Never again.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Honestly the worst decision I made was getting these meals. Frozen meals that was just tough chicken swimming in water from the steam and a side of beans once heated.

With multiple competitors five point four is really lacking in quality for their customers
Being healthy should not feel like the joy of food has been stripped from you.

Do yourself a favour and shop around before ordering five point four
It’s not worth your investment

Comments
FivePointFour Official

Hi Gab, we are so sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the meals. As the meals are frozen, there is a small amount of water that is expelled during the heating process, but if you are thoroughly stirring... read more »

1 of 20 pages