Verified Purchase

Flybuys STOLE my points and they won't give it back!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

So, 64,000 points were forfeited from my account recently, apparently due to inactivity. After going back and forth with their complaints department for a few weeks, who were not empathetic or reasonable, I am still left without the points I spent years accumulating. They simply stood behind a clause within the fine print of your terms and conditions which allows Flybuys to STEAL my points if the account is deemed 'inactive'. Stealing points from the accounts of loyal customers without ANY warning, not even an email, is an outright malicious business tactic to recoup capital from customers who aren't well versed with your unfair T&C's. But at least they won't miss any junk advertisement emails to promote spending, that stuff goes out like clockwork.

I think it's time the ACCC cracked down on shady rewards programs that believe it's OK to steal peoples hard earned points. These points have a cash value, after all. This is no different than a bank forfeiting cash from your savings account due to 'inactivity'. It's not right.

glenwood

• 12 comments
  • 1 question
  • 22 helpful votes
Private message

Tells me that reward has not been activated when it had

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

Contacted them about $50 reward (after 4 week of spending at coles) only to be told that the offer has not been activated (this was through a second conversation after waiting for weeks for this reward). I am definitely sure of activating this but have no idea why they would say this. Of course if I had not activated, why would i be shopping for 4 weeks straight only at coles? Also the reason why I remember is because I sent a screenshot of the email received so that they can be aware of this offer.

The first call, they told me that it wasn't applied and that it will be applied within the week or may take up to a few weeks... why would they say this and suddenly go "you didn't activate"??

Taking to customer service is also a joke as they just hang up on you... (literally was like "ok? you didn't activate. bye")...

Flybuys.. I had been using this rewards program without any problem for the past few years but really disappointing...

Melbourne

Order not received

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

On the 17 th December 2018 I used points to purchase 4 Gold Class Movie Tickets, Reference No W 47793340, when these were not received by today the 11 th January I made a phone call to check whether they had been sent. I was told by the operator that she could not trace this reference and that I would have to wait 3 - 5 days for someone from head office to get in touch with me. I was not allowed to ring this further contact to pursue the matter, must wait for a call. The tickets are needed for the 19 th February, so I am left to wait and wonder, will someone ring and will tickets be sent in time. I can't believe some action couldn't be taken to immediately follow the matter up TODAY !! Hello please Flybuys.

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

impossible to contact/takes points away without explanation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I have had flybuys for many years and was grateful when they allowed points to be accumulated. Have been saving for a few years for travel and have noticed how flybuys travel is very expensive compared to other travel agencies (2-3 times alternatives fares) which clearly devalues the flybuys points saved.
Recently on checking account it is noted that 2000 points have been deducted, this is without explanation or any notification by flybuys and no it was not a redemption it was the removal of bonus points given on an offer 3 months before apparently according to my statement but why I cannot find out and flybuys is not volunteering the information.
It is difficult to communicate with them phone always busy with the only alternative is to write and post a letter which I gather from other members goes unanswered.
It is extremely disappointing that I am giving them my loyalty with the promise of great rewards but being treated so poorly and disrespectful in return!
It seems to be time to cash in what I already have before it is stolen from me and then free myself from giving businesses loyalty and just shop where the best deal is ...whew I feel free already!!

Gold Coast

Be Warned

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

All this card point system are great but if for any reason you can not use them over a year without any warning they close your account and enjoy the points you've earned and not used.
Make sure if for any reason you are not able your points cash it in rather than leaving the satisfaction to these companies which lure you to spend to gain points.

• 1 question

Great For Christmas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

We enjoy scanning our Flybuys card each time we purchase something as the points accumulate. Then when each Christmas time comes we convert all of our points to dollars and use the money to buy all of our Christmas celebratory food with. It always helps keep the costs down for us!

ADELAIDE SOUTH AUSTRALIA

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

The Flybuys flyaway card

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

Numerous occasions cannot get access to call centre via phone or website. Unfortunately have heard similar stories where people have given up trying to redeem rewards!!! Attempted to phone FLYBUYS on say 3-4 occasions could not get through ENGAGED TONE. Also spend over 1 hour on their website trying to get a question answered via WEBCHAT!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very disappointing.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

Very upset and disappointed in the whole flybuy thing as I has transferred my points over to flybuy dollars and rang up to make sure I had done it right as was going to use them towards my xmas shop on Christmas eve then went to use them at coles on xmas eve for the card to come up saying declined expired code the day after I was talking to someone from the flybuys call centre saying it was all done and I has x amont I could now use in store but left the shop with the groceries still there very upset and will no longer be shopping at coles or doing the flybuys as I will be get myself a woolworth's cards after all these yrs of shoping at coles and also I use to work at coles very disappointing

Incorrect address but no easy way to update it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2018

I’ve had coles flybuys so many years now but never bothered to find out how to redeem or actually try to.
Anyways, I went to redeem once and it said card has expired. Contacted their submit and they said your address is incorrect. I said ok - this is my new address and my license please update. The response was - Sorry we can’t you have to tell us exactly what your last address was (and you only get 2 chances per phone call) if you get it wrong you’ll have to wait and call again. Without the guy on the phone giving me any more choices naturally I couldn’t guess as I never bothered to update any details when I got my card. The options provided to me by the customer care operator were to get a new card and none of my points (now at $20) will be transferred and you’ll need to start again.

They have my license with right DOB and address but they won’t update it. They have the card with my name on it as well.

This is the most idiotic setup I’ve seen in my life.

use by date

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

does flybys cards have a used by date. we were told by coles that our card had expired but we used the card the week before

Never received new card

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

Called Flybuys a few weeks back now, for a new card and have not received it yet. Missing out on every purchase since then and unable to contact them through email as they have only a phone number with specific hours of operation on their email. Would expect such facilities to be more approachable.

Cannot activate card

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

Seems “someone “ has put in incorrect birthdate so sent copy of my drivers license only to be told that this information doesn’t match that on the system!!!!!!!! If it did would I be doing this?
My last phone call resulted in the operator telling me they couldn’t discuss with me for security reasons, I left a request for a manager/supervisor to contact me, guess what no one has.
I am disgusted by this behaviour and will no longer shop with Coles.

Cairns

Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I have been using the Flybuys Card several times per week since Coles opened in our neighbourhood several years ago. Previously, I shopped at the local Woolworths.
I decided to find out how many points I have accumulated only to discover that the card was cancelled in 2014 due to inactivity, with no notice to me.
Absolutely worthless activity; incredibly disappointing; returning to Woolworths.

Rewarding Loyalty Program

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I love my flybuys as there are so may offers to accumulate points. I can combine the offers from mail vouchers and email offers and could really accumulate lots of points. They also give me free products to try There are so many ways that you can claim your reward points from flights to grocery discounts and even partnership with Velocity, I can either use both loyalty programs.

• 7 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 24 helpful votes

Easy Reward Program

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

With Coles being my main and regular grocery store, I have no problems earning points and enjoy redeeming $50 off my shop or buying gift cards online around family birthdays or Christmas. However, the amount of points you receive is less than when it first started. I also take advantage of special offers when suitable for my needs...

Can't claim dollars off shop using electronic flybuys card

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

After putting my Flybuys card on my smartphone, I checked it worked at the checkout & discarded card. On trying to claim reward $s was told must be done with plastic card. Tried ringing to complain & ask for new card. Ph. no. provided by Flybuys is "incorrect".
Looks like I can't get reward.

sunshine coast

Private message

Flybuys can't log in, registered me incorrect details

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I wanted to redeem points and cash but can't log in due to wrong info placed by staff when I registered. They have my correct e-mail because I am able to do bonus points. My birthday is wrong. They asked me license copy and useless. They asked me my current address and they said it was wrong. So I sent them e-mail of my addresses in the last 8 years. Why ask for license if you can't help at all. Useless system and unreliable operators. Just need to sign in and redeem points. I hope this is enough info now. I am over this inconvenience.

Rockhampton

Fuel offer pricing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Went to take advantage of 10c per ltr(+4c fuel docket) total of 14c per ltr off. Cost of fuel $1.62.9 per ltr minus 14c per ltr=$1.48.9c. Only problem with this....servo next door was $1.46.7c per ltr, with NO DISCOUNT. How can you expect anybody in their right mind to buy fuel at Coles Express? Besides this, diesel cannot be purchased on these offers. Why?

Private message

Most annoying loyalty program ever

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

After years of resisting flybuys weakened at a special offer. Big mistake. Never has my email been so cluttered with so many irrelevant and unattractive “offers”. Have now unsubscribed. Believe rule 1: it’s for their advantage, not yours.

• 3 answers

Can't give a zero

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

So horrible. I've lost my flybuys card two months and a half ago. I've called them three times and I have not received my card yet. The guy on the other side of the line (the second time that I called) was so horrible and rude as well.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes