Filter By:

Shop Location: NSW, Moore Park

Great customer service at Moore Park, Sydney

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

We bought two beds and a dining table from the outlet at Moore Park and we've had a great experience dealing with the staff there.

Sep was amazingly patient and helpful while showing us the different options for beds and other furniture. She made the entire process very comfortable and arranged for the delivery according to our convenience.

And when we had any questions while she wasn't there, the other staff members were also equally pleasant and helpful.

We're happy with the furniture and would definitely go back if we need anything else.

It's been a pleasure dealing with them :) higly recommended!

Shop Location: Online Store

Worst service online ever experienced (Cancelled my order citing order was out of stock after four w

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

I bought bookcase in August, 18, 2017 and was repeatedly advised by service personnel and complaint/store manager from Melbourne Vic my order is delayed due to pathetic reasons (system issues/lack of attention to detail by staff etc) as my order was not put in a truck to be delivered to me in Sydney…this same excuse was used thrice in the space of three weeks from order date.

Finally l was advised by the store manager that delivery will occur on 23 September 2017. l received an email a week later, advising that the bookcase l ordered is unfortunately out of stock and l can request full refund of my money.

I found the staff deceitful and unprofessional in their dealings with customers.

I won’t be recommending this establishment to anyone ever again and l will not certainly be dealing with them soon/ever again.

Shop Location: VIC, Dandenong

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

We had a great experience with our purchase from the the manager at the Dandenong store. We had an Australian made lounge custom made to our room. We were given far more information by the manager about the lounge than what was given from other stores.

Shop Location: VIC, Nunawading

Pick up times a bit restrictive.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

We picked up coffee tables on 2 separate occasions at the Hallam warehouse. That was fine but the woman organising times on the phone was very inflexible as we were given only a 10 minute window to arrive for pick up of items. This is a bit ridiculous! As it was, we arrived late (as we live nearly an hour away) and there was no problem. The man on duty both times was great. Products are great.

Shop Location: QLD, Jindalee

The Most Outstanding Service I Have Ever Experienced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

Where do I begin with the outstanding service experience we received for this in store purchase. We were looking to furnish our new apartment and was struggling to choose the best decor which would suit. The Store Manager, Joe and his assistant Tamara were extremely helpful from the very beginning and on 2 x occasions Joe even drove to our apartment with some of the furniture items so that we could see what they looked like to help with our decision. This was so beneficial as a couple of the items didn't suit so we didn't waste any money. We have been to the store on several occasions and the service was outstanding no matter who we dealt with. The company they organized for delivery of the furniture were also extremely professional and the level of service was just as high. The quality of the furniture is great and very affordable. We were so impressed that we will always try to find what we are looking for at Focus on Furniture. The staff are a credit to this organization. Such a rare find anymore.

Shop Location: NSW, Homebush

Okay experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

Mad a purchase in store. The service was okay with limited beds I could choose from in the time frame it was required.

Shop Location: VIC, Richmond

Life changing Couch!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

In store purchase, staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. Our item was delivered on time and by a pair of really friendly delivers. The couch is amazing of quality and all in all my experience with this company has been fantastic!

Disappointed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

In store. I had my mattresses delivered. But I wasn't given any indication of when they would come. Not even morning or afternoon. I was told to keep the whole day free. Difficult when I had to take a day off for the delivery!!!!!

Shop Location: VIC, Nunawading

Very good overall but could improve on furniture updates

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

In store purchase went very well. Helpful sales person who confirmed our requirements and provided competitive prices.
As we settled on Aussie made furniture it had to be built with a 2 month lead time. Had to follow them up twice closer to completion date for an update. This would be my only constructive feedback to them ie being proactive and letting us know completion/eta dates.

Verified Customer Shop Location: SA, Dry Creek (Gepps X)

Great Mattress & service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Purchased a KS Mattress in store, service by Vivian great & mattress is fantastic. Will likely purchase again for other son.

Shop Location: VIC, Moorabbin

Fantastic and convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Great easy purchase in store. Reliable delivery service of mattress with a call to let me know what time to expect delivery

Shop Location: SA, Dry Creek (Gepps X)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

The staff member Michael I think was so helpful and informative in every way explaining the different type of mattresses and what they do! Amazing service from him and everyone at the Gepps Cross store!

Exactly what I need

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

In store purchase. Sales staff was pushy and kept urging us to make the decision to buy and pay for the goods.

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Nunawading

Amazing customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Recently purchased furniture to fitout a whole house, awesome service experienced in store even when we made changes after the initial order was placed, nothing was too much trouble. Reported an issue with the condition of couches upon delivery and they were replaced without hesitation within 2 weeks. We really appreciated the great customer service and love our new furniture!

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Shop Location: SA, Mile End

Cancelled my order and did not paid my refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

I have bought a new bedroom suite in June and said it would be delivered in September but didn't anticipate it came early. I didn't have the money and was going overseas. The store manager made me pay storage fee and argued and not going to pay for it she cancelled my order and withhold my money. Two weeks later I ask to get my money, the money said it would be bank transfer. Now four days and still not paid! I found the staffs deceitful and slow services. So quickly to received my money but kept my money so bunch of thieves and never recommended to anyone.

Shop Location: QLD, Fortitude Valley

Missing parts

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Bought in store and the first issue was an apparent dislike that we were picking this up ourselves. There was a phone message making it clear they couldn't store the item so we had to pick it up on a particular day. I waited for the call on the day to say come and get it but ended up having to phone them only to be told it wasn't ready! We ended up getting it the following day only to find out once we were home that the metal legs of the ottoman we'd purchased weren't included. We had to wait for their normal delivery day (5 days later), drive into the store ourselves and pick them up. Unimpressed would be putting it mildly.

Shop Location: VIC, Pakenham

Delivery charge

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

75 yr old mum purchased a coffee table and had it delivered at a cost of $85 she lives 5klm from the store . She was told it would be put together on delivery , but it wasn't .
She has spoken to the store , but to no avail .
Delivery was a rip off . And she was left with a big box in the middle of her lounge room .No way she could put it together .
She lives on her own , so I've had to organise for someone else to go in and put it together for her .
I don't think she will be buying anything else from Focus on Furniture Pakenham

Shop Location: VIC, Richmond

It's a nightmare!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

I have purchased approximately 6 apartment lots in the last 12 months via 2 stores. Richmond & South Wharf. The service at store level is ok but then it is a down hill ride from there. Firstly, I'm not just a "one off" customer and a 10% discount on some things is totally inadequate. I buy as trade through Adairs, the Good Guys, Beacon Lighting etc. The mess the delivery guys leave is atrocious, some furniture is put together and some isn't. Don't know this until it arrives. Richmond store tells you what doesn't come constructed (I don't buy it then) but South Wharf doesn't. The furniture you have to put together is a joke. "it will take one person 1/2 hour to construct". Oh no it doesn't. I have to pay someone to construct furniture and takes him 1 1/2 hours @ $50 per hour. Your returns policy is also terrible. If the furniture and soft furnishings are too small, too big or wrong color you're stuck with it. You can measure all you like but some pieces just won't work. I have 3 apartments to set up in the next 2 months and I think another 3 if not more before Christmas. To top things off I tried calling head office to discuss my issues, however it is obvious management aren't willing to speak with customers and I emailed several weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing. There is a saying " I love my job pity I hate the customer."

Shop Location: VIC, Essendon

Good service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Purchased a cupboard in store was delivered in 2 days and set up only thing that would be great for future would be to remove the packaging!

Shop Location: VIC, Springvale

Focus On experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Customer service was good and the consultant understood our needs. The furniture item was exactly what we needed. Great quality.

1 of 94 pages

Has anyone purchased a leather focus on furniture couch that smells bad? It's making the lounge room smell and concerned for family's health.

Kate A asked on Aug 14, 2017

I'm looking to purchase two beds for my apartment. Just wondering how long do they usually take to make the delivery? My apartment is located in cbd melbourne.

Jason Lu asked on Jul 25, 2017

Answer this

It varies as there some items will be in stock and others you will have to wait for. Best bet is to pick a few beds you like the look of then call a store to get the time frames for delivery, or you could always visit your closet store and do the same thing.
They may even be able to tell you which ones are in stock and ready to go straight away.

Hi. Can anyone who has a couch from Focus On please tell me if the fabric tends to pill after a while? I used to have a lounge suite from another store but after 6 months it was covered in little balls all over. Looked terrible. I'm thinking of getting a fabric lounge from Focus On. Thanks in advance for your help

Cesca asked on Jul 05, 2017

Answer this

the quality appears to be fine, but i would strongly advise NOT to use this company, their customer experience is beyond awful, you will regret dealing with this company!

See all 16 questions about Focus On Furniture