Filter By:

Shop Location: NSW, Artarmon

Not efficient and Customer Service not good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2017

I purchased lounge and dining set in June 2017 at Artarmon shop, i waited for 20 min to get assistance. After my purchase I was advised the dining set will be available in August. I choose to wait till August for delivery everything otherwise I was required to pay two delivery fees.
I received a call on 19 July 2017 informing me the table will be further delayed to November! I am very disappointed for this further delay but still decided to wait and asked the store if any compensation for this further delay. I got a note from the Artarmon store bluntly mentioned that the Table will be delivered in a second free delivery and that's the discount.
It's not logical at all, as if the shop do their job properly I would still pay one delivery and no second delivery is needed.

The table was delivered in Aug17 with a crack on the surface. I reported the faulty and was told the replacement will be in Nov17 , and when I chased again early November, was told it will be in December.

As at today , no confirmation of replacement and it’s almost December now, I am still have the craked table.

I highly recommended NOT use focus on.

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Springvale

Reasonably priced, but not a quality workmanship. You get what you pay for.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Bought a sofa with chaise -from focus on furniture shop a few months ago, it was reasonably priced but the workmanship on the sofa is shocking. The sofa's one corner is not cut at right angle, as a result the 3 seats and cushions are not lined up properly, they are seating on the sofa base forming a staircase. Each cushion sticks out at different distance from the backrest. The material under the sofa wasn't stapled neatly and properly they're waved and hanging lose in a few places. I didn't bother asking for a replacement,lesson learned, you get what you pay for.
Pick up facility is also not very flexible. They only allow pick up for a limited number of customers a day and you're given a specific time to pick up.

Melbourne

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Nunawading

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Excellent customer service, good advice, negotiated good price. Have bought several times from focus on furniture, always very helpful and courteous.

Shop Location: VIC, Geelong

Personal Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I bought a product that was out of stock and was called to let me know it was in - no chasing up. Service was wonderful.
The staff we friendly and helpful and I would definitely buy again from Focus On Furniture!

Shop Location: SA, Mile End

Exceptional Service & Genuine Help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Thank you Jose & Jamal for the friendliest and most helpful service. Fabulous Gentlemen!!!
Thanks for making the purchasing process so easy ;))
Jules

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Essendon

I've had better service at a self checkout at Kmart

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

Where to begin with what was the worst customer service experience of my 30 year life, in fact, I feel about 40 after this experience aged me 10 years.

Purchased a bed frame and requested it to be sent to the store for collection, they mistakenly put me down for delivery (although I never paid for this so not sure how this occured) so bed never made it to the store and was just sitting at a warehouse somewhere for weeks. Anyways, after multiple calls the bed was sent to the store for collection.

It arrives, so one Saturday I make the four hour drive from the country, hire a trailor and collect the bed frame. I take it back to the apartment I am furnishing in Brunswick and lug it up a spiral staircase. I commence building the bed, frame looks kind of small but I measure my mattress against the bed head and it fits so I proceed. Couple of hours later, bed frame made (yay), slats don't really fit though and I go to put mattress on and doesn't fit (boo). I was provided a double bed frame with a queen bed head.

Now is the fun part, I call Essendon store the next morning, speak to ([name removed]) and I explain quite clearly and calmly what has happened (about 4 times) and am still asked "are you sure" even when I explain that one of the two boxes says double bed. After she grasps the concept of what's happened she says that I'll have to bring it in during the week to be swapped. I explain that I am unable collect it during the week (I live four hours away) and given it is the stores mistake it is reasonable that I request it be delivered. She says that they do not do that for "items at this price point", oh the rage I felt inside at this remark. (Ok, so the store makes the error but because I have only spent $350 they expect me to spend another Saturday driving an 8 hour round trip, hiring a trailor and building another bed frame?!). Aside from the patronising tone that was being dished out throughout the entire conversation and obvious lack of giving a damn, my frustration really kicks into gear to hear they are not willing to deliver to fix their mistake as the frame is not at the required price point - really makes you feel like a second rate citizen. I leave it with her as she is adamant that "there is nothing I can do for you today anyways".

Despite the negative conversation, within a day or two the bed frame box is arranged to be swapped by a delivery person (yay). I arrange for my sister to be there for collection and inform her to keep the slats as they came from the bedhead box and are queen size but everything else needs to be swapped. The delivery guy says he needs to take slats as they are in the new box. Sister believes him, calls me, I tell her to check the box as I am certain they came with the bedhead box. There are no slats in the new box as advised. Delivery guy and store both called. I speak with [name removed] again who says that I am wrong and the slats are in the new box, I inform her there are no slats and I need the ones taken returned as they are the right size and don't fit the double frame that is being returned anyways. She refuses to believe me and is adamant they are double size slats and that she will get head office to sort out some new slats. Seems ridiculous to me that again this is being delayed by the store, but of course there is no way of convincing [name removed]. I will just have to delay renting out my apartment again due to some slats.

About a week later the slats get delivered to my sister from head office. The delivery person grills her about why I am missing slats, she explains the situation. He agrees that the slats come with the bed head and they never should have been taken in the first place.

All in all this has been the most frustrating customer service experience I have ever been through. The initial mistakes could have been forgiven had it been handled in a competent manner. At no stage was I offered an apology, refund or any kind of compensation for this schmoozle of a situation. My bed frame is now made about two months after it was purchased, with a hell of a lot of frustration in between.

Very happy customer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Great quality product, the staff at focus kept us in touch when couch was ready for delivery, would definitely recommend

Shop Location: VIC, Dandenong

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Once we selected the lounge, it was so quick and easy to get the purchase made. The delivery drivers were also fantastic, setting up the lounge quickly and not leaving a mess behind.

Shop Location: VIC, Springvale

Great service and great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

In store, process was excellent and service A+, Sales lady didn't pressure and took the time to explain. Thanks again and would shop there again.

Melbourne

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Dandenong

Elegant Furniture At Affordable Prices!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

We have purchased almost everything for our new home from them. The staff are very friendly and helpful giving us tips on how to save a few bucks. They also extend additional discounts on furniture to their Loyalty Card Members.

The main reason we like to shop here is because we found, that not only is the furniture of good quality but they "Always Have Stock". Unlike other retailers who advertise heavily but can only deliver after 5-8 weeks. The guys at the warehouse are also very helpful and courteous.

As a feedback however it would be worth giving their Loyalty Card Members who purchase furniture over a certain amount free delivery or a discount on it.

But its definitely a good place to shop for furniture.

Shop Location: NSW, Tuggerah

My lounge suit my house perfectly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I found the staff friendly knowledgeable about their products, the only thing I can fault spending over $3000 on a lounge I have to pay for cleaning products and delivery ???

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Shop Location: SA, Dry Creek (Gepps X)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2017

The salesperson Amanda was great. Delivery went as planned and furniture is beautiful. Highly recommend this store, and I will not hesitate to buy from them again.

Shop Location: NSW, Wagga Wagga

Item as expected however poor communication and poor delivery time.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Purchased a dinning suite in store. Purchasing was quick and easy. Product is as expected. Delivery time very poor. Was told it would arrive in 4 weeks but didn't arrive for 10 weeks. There was no communication from the store to let me know it wasn't going to arrive in the 4 weeks or at any other point throughout. I had to call numerous times to find out what was going on.

Chairs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Went into store as I was shopping around for 2 occasional chairs, decided on the chairs and purchased them on line. Very easy process.

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Tuggerah

Impressive - again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

We have bought chairs, beds, and lounges from Focus on Furniture. Every time we've been more than impressed with the value for money and quality of the items we bought. Staff always helpful and friendly too.
We'd be happy to buy from here again.

Shop Location: VIC, Frankston

Fantastic customer service from Val at Frankston store so much help and advice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

Purchase process was absolutely fantastic very happy with my purchases , very grateful for Val’s advice and professional service

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Frankston

Great service and wonderful product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

I purchased our new king bed online. The next day a wonderfully helpful lady named Sally phoned to organise a delivery date. It was all very easy and I would not hesitate to purchase this way again in future

Shop Location: VIC, Geelong

Helpful in the store

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

Service in store excellent BUT forgot to mention I would have to dispose of wrapping after delivery! Cost $42 for 2 carloads (VW Golf) of cardboard, plastic and bubblewrap at tip.

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Preston

Needed it urgently!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

We recently found we had to sell our place urgently, with a first child on the way, we need to get a bigger place.
After a meeting with our agent, we decided we needed a smaller couch asap to make our unit appear bigger.
I have previously purchased from focus on furniture, and have been very happy with the quality and the price, I decided to have a look online where I found the poppy 3 seater.
After making a call to preston, Rosanne informed me that they had none in stock and it would take 3 weeks.
But she could try and see if she could get it from the ones that have been purchased but may not need right away.
Later that day I got a call, and organised for delivery a few days later.
I am greatly appreciative to the help I got from Rosanne.
The poppy couch is amazing and the was price is also fantastic.

Shop Location: VIC, Pakenham

Excellent customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Purchased a new $1600 mattress. Sales WOMAN was AMAZING sales MEN couldn’t wait to leave for the day and didn’t want to help with pick up :( Ree at Pakenham, you rock girl !

1 of 112 pages