Review rating:
Selected rating: Excellent

Excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

I've recently self-published my picture story book 'Awake' with Fontaine. The quality and production of the book was excellent and the service and support from Jason and the team at Fontaine was amazing. They are an absolute pleasure to deal with and made my first self-publishing experience easier than what I had imagined. I am very pleased with the finished product and would definitely publish another book with Fontaine. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is wanting to self-publish!

Delighted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

Fontaine Publishing did a great job with my self-published book, 'The Kuranya'.. Jason was patience personified. The help and advice I received were invaluable in adding to the presentation of the book and - saving me money!. The finished product is everything I hoped it would be. Many thanks to Jason and the team and I would certainly recommend Fontaine Publishing to everyone!

Impressive!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Very professional, friendly and accommodating. An absolute pleasure to deal with. The whole team made publishing "Dreams and Awe" a breeze and I am very happy with the result.

Perfect.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2017

Fontaine Publishing was a very simple, smooth process with kind people, Ilan and Nicola, who made publishing 'Dragon Rising' an absolute breeze. They designed the cover efficiently and quickly, and answered any question in the blink of an eye, and made it incredibly easy for me, with a young age, to publish the book.

Fontaine turns in for me another Gold Medal performance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Very pleased with interpersonal skills of Fontaine staff re negotiations over printing of my book 'VANUATU. Arrival of the Europeans, 1606-1809.' Service prompt, ethical. Delighted with finished product which is just how I imagined it should be!

Verified Customer

Professional and prompt service for an outstanding result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

Fontaine publishing provided professional and prompt service for our book Murray-Darling Journeys (2017). Their advice and understanding led us to publishing a book that we are proud of and are excited about selling to the public. They helped design the cover and recommended flexicover binding which was a good choice for the style of book. Everyone who has seen the book has been impressed with the result. Jason and team’s patience in guiding us through the process of preparing the book for publication has made the process much easier and a more pleasant experience. We highly recommend Fontaine publishing.
Angela and Mike Bremers

A really professional company to work with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

My entire experience with Vivid, from first approach to finished product, has been simply excellent. Yasmin, Jason & Nicola between them answered every question, proved themselves knowledgeable, efficient and delivered on their promises, without fail. When we had an unforeseen last minute query regarding the weight of the book, the matter was efficiently resolved and didn't impact on the delivery date at all. I am more than impressed and can only recommend Vivid and their great staff to any author considering the self-publishing process.

Firstly very patient, quicker than expected, very friendly, professional, efficiency at its best.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

I thought I was giving them a hard time but what I got back was quick friendly service. I most definitely recommend Fontaine Publishing, and I'll be working with the for my future work.

Professional, Friendly, Encouraging - Efficient. Tony Brennan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

I was nervous at approaching self-publishing with my book: 'And The Dance Goes On'. I realize now what dumb questions I asked throughout the process. Nicola handled all my queries with ease. Jason and Nicola turned out a book that startled me; it was done with such professionalism and skill that I felt proud of the end product. The cover alone was an indication of how closely they understood the plot and the period in which the book was set. I'm sending my next one to Jason this very week. Thank you Nicola and Jason.

Verified Customer

Efficient, friendly, reliable...a real pleasure to work with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I chose Fontaine's self-publishing arm (Vivid) to assist me with publishing my book, 'Finding Heraan', because they're located round the corner. What a stroke of luck. I'd now use them again (and again) no matter where I lived in the world. They are genuinely efficient, knowledgeable, creative and easy going. Self-publishing, rich as it is, can be filled with discomfort and awkwardness. But Jason and Nicola-Jane made me feel comfortable the whole way.

They also helped my Mum publish her memoirs 'My 90 Year Journey', and created a more beautiful product than even she had envisaged.

High Quality Book and Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Jason and his professional team at Fontaine Publishing made 'On Active Service' stand out. Their expertise on choice of size, format and font and layout of the photographs, resulted in a high quality book which not only looks good, it even has tactile appeal. Friendly and approachable for a first-time author, outlining the publishing process and expected time-frame for each stage, I recommend them without reservation. First print run sold out !

A very professional company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

Nicola at Fontaine has worked rapidly and meticulously to turn my out-of-print children's novel, 'The 89th Kitten', into an ebook. Her emails were always clear and detailed, and made the process an easy and straightforward one. She was also warm and enthusiastic, really seeming to care about the progress of the book. Eleanor Nilsson

They say what they do - then do what they say. A quality experience........

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

I'm a male and therefore have never given birth - except to my 'baby'; my first book. After the hard-slog gestation period and final push, my nervous and abiding hope was that I was in the hands of professionals who would bring it into the world with all of the bells and baubles. Nicola and her crew delivered it - in spades. No awkward time delays, no stuffing about. It happened in a managed and timely way.
No question about going back for a second time - if I'm in the same condition again.

Yes ! I Will Write Your Story, my first book !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2017

I make this very personal as Nicola-Jane Le Breton and her colleagues have acted in a most professional and constructive manner so that I could bring my first book to the public. Having had most unpleasant early contacts with other US publishers, I am quite happy to recommend Nicola-Jane and her company to anyone else considering this major step in their life...

Gere RIHS

Verified Customer

Getting my Paperback turned into an ebook with Fontaine has been a breeze....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2017

Nicola at Fontaine has made the process of getting my paperback book "Astrology: For Those Who Won't Admit They're Interested" turned into and ebook and placed on all the major ebook sales sites, seamless and easy. I procrastinated for years doing this and now wonder why. My experience has been simple, practical, uncomplicated, professional and friendly. It's rare that one feels like one gets more than they paid for these days, but in this case I most certainly have. Brilliant. I would gladly do it again....

Showing the way through the jungle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

My primary objective in writing a book about Papua and Papuans has been to expose and extrapolate on a way of being human, and lead one to comprehend and understand how another can be so different but have good reason and rationale for being so. After six years of hard slog writing Plantation Papua, the dreaded last challenge proved to be a breeze with the help of Yasmin and Jason who keep me on the rails with this first book, and guided me through to a most pleasing outcome.

Beverley

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

Turning 'something' into reality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2016

Sometimes you feel you have something to share with the world. To create a book out of that 'something' is a journey filled with doubt, delay, distractions, dilemmas and drama. The greatest joy comes from the delivery of that 'something' that you can hold in your hand to pass onto the readers hand.
'BREAD ON THE TABLE' was printed to a standard above my expectations-Thank you to Jason and team for helping me turn that 'something' into reality. Lena Elliott

Margaret Muirhead

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2016

After five years of writing my memoirs, "My 90 Year Journey", Jason and his team were amazingly wise, creative and helpful
in putting my manuscript into a very well presented book. It was all done in a very short time, and at reasonable cost.
I confidently recommend Fontaine Publishing Group to anyone wishing to self-publish their literary work.

An amazing self-publishing experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I just wanted to write to say a big thank you for to Yasmin and Jason for all their time and effort in helping me publish my first book, ‘I am... I can... I will. A Young Mother’s Journey through Triple Negative Breast Cancer & Life.’ In less than two weeks I have already sold 291 of the 300 books I ordered! I have had such a wonderful experience with Vivid Publishing/Fontaine Press and I will be recommending their services to anyone who wishes to publish.
I have already had many reviews (some from people I do not even know!) who have found my book funny, sad, uplifting and inspiring. Jason and Yasmin should be commended on being wonderful communicators via email and phone – I really appreciate their knowledge, professionalism and expertise.
When I am ready to publish again, I will choose Fontaine without any hesitation.

Top marks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2016

A nice simple straight-forward way to self-publish an ebook.
Value for money. Very happy with the result cheers david orr

1 of 6 pages

I have a text book with coloured images and some interactive Q&A with approximately 277 pages, can you pls provide a quote for editing and publishing?

Dolly asked on Aug 31, 2017

Answer this

Dear Dolly, thank you for you enquiry. Please fill in the quote form and we will get back to you with costings and options available: http://www.fontaine.com.au/book-publishing-quote/

How long did it take when you originally emailed them? I haven't seen any replies to MY queries. Not a one. Not even an automatic one!

JGLS asked on Feb 05, 2016

Answer this

Hi, I filled out a form asking for an obligation-free quote, with rough details of my print-ready draft. I had a reply within 24 hours I think, with a ballpark figure. That gave me a contact person to follow up with. I adjusted the figures on the form and the replies were pretty prompt. There was a bit of to-ing and fro-ing before I was invited to speak to a real person. After that the communication was excellent. I hope this helps. cheers Judy

Thanks Judy, are you happy, has it progressed and are you making any headway with your path?

Totally happy, please check my review.