Australia

Dreams to reality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2013

Thank you Vivid Publishing - you helped bring my dreams to reality. After doing my research I know you provide an affordable and real alternative to many other publishers out there available to independent authors. I appreciate your laid-back approach; there's no sales pitch or pressure to sign up to packages. No matter how small or large my orders have become, your performance has remained unchanged; consistent, friendly, professional, helpful. Thank you again. It's breathtaking seeing my children's books in tangible, hot-in-my-hands

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2013

My experience with Fontaine has been very positive. As a new self-publishing author, I had lots of questions and needed some help. Fontaine were friendly and helped me get my project complete. My third set of Fontaine books arrived yesterday and I'm already planning the next order! 5 stars all the way! Tim Harris (Children's author, Sydney)

Private message

Fast and effective eBook conversion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2013

I recently published my first eBook as part of publishing my first ever physical book. Fontaine Group were excellent. They answered all my many questions of how to publish an eBook, how to split royalties and requirements for our website. They have helped me list my first illustrative childrens book in the iBookstore and other realted platforms. If you're looking to publish an eBook I can honestly highly recommend Fontain / Vivid Publishing

+ Inexpensive. Informative. And prompt to reply.

Personal, responsive, enabling...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2016

I have written 7 books (one previously self-published) with publishers like Harper Collins, Random House, Australian Academic Press and most recently two with Wiley Blackwell. I had an idea to write something on Emotional Learning: The way we are wired for intimacy, to get the idea out there at a low cost and have some opportunity for feedback. So self publishing through Fontaine, costs through kindle $10US, and distributed widely. I found Fontaine superb, very responsive and helpful, personal and not just a mechanical process. I can't recommend them more strongly. THANKS!

Bruce

Professor Bruce A Stevens (MAPS Clinical and Forensic Colleges) PhD Boston 1987
Wicking Chair of Ageing and Practical Theology
School of Theology
Charles Sturt University

Melbourne

Private message

A legitimate Author is born.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2015

Its easy to put pen to paper and attempt to write a story or do research for a non-fiction. The hardest part is having it published in a format that is presentable, styled and looking like it was done in a professional manner. This is where Fontaine Publishing Group and Vivid publishing step in to make a prospective writer become a legitimate author.
Yasmin [name removed] and Jason [name removed], highly respected professionals who always gave great advice and offer alternatives. Nothing was too difficult for them even though it may have seemed that I was in a different place at times.
Fontaine Publishing Group are head and shoulders above the rest as they have made it possible for first time authors to get a foot in the door. Usually you have to have been published previously and have a knowledge of publishing before being accepted.
Fontaine Publishing Group has given the new unpublished authors a place to go to and it is this opening that enables new authors to not give up, but persist with their dreams and get published.
Thank you Fontaine Publishing Group for believing in us, and giving us an opportunity to be read. My book 'House of Phillips', was delivered promptly and the end result was just amazing. A professional looking book that would sit proudly next to any by 'Hemmingway' or other professional writers. The quality was superb and the cover, binding exceptional.

Educated in one Hour

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2015

I carried the story of my book in my head and in my heart but had no idea what to do.I received all the help i needed without being pushed and the result has been excellent. I appreciate all the assistance I got and at 75 years of age I'm happy I had a try .Sincere thanks to everyone at Fontaine Publishing for their help and advice. with the Boab Tree Story.
Maria Flavel, Geraldton,WA

Geelong

Private message

An extremely satisfied customer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2015

As first time author, new to the world of publishing, I couldn't speak highly enough of my experience. Initially I had 'Life Interrupted' published as an eBook and more recently in paperback. At every step of this process I found my interactions with the Fontaine Publishing Group to be extremely professional. Emails were always responded to promptly, and any questions I had were answered diligently. The entire process was seamless.

I'm also delighted that I opted to use both the designer and editor recommended by Vivid. The feedback regarding the book cover has been extremely positive and the professional editing has made reading 'Life Interrupted' a better experience for all.

Brisbane

Private message

If you like a real smooth and pleasant ride, go with Fontaine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2014

As a first timer I had any reason to be a little bit scared about the process of getting my e-book "Revelations from the Only True God" published. Like every beginner, I first searched the internet and then got in touch with quite a number of publishers. But what made it in the end easy for me to sign up with the Fontaine/Vivid Publishing Group was the simple fact that I was never pressured by them into signing anything. I really like their lay-back approach, never being pushy. Also, with Fontaine/Vivid Publishing the whole publishing process was a very straightforward and thus fairly stress free episode for me - just what a first timer needs. Even the first book cover design they came up with was great. Nothing on it had to be changed, I only had to choose the right colour combination. So, I can honestly say that from start to finish my experience with Fontaine has been, and still is, a very positive one.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not long ago I couldn't even spell published orther ... and now, thanks to Fontaine, I are one!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2013

Several million points out of ten, guys; I couldn't fault it. Your production of "McCullock's Gold" -- one's "...Grate Australian Novel and Towering Literary Werk" (The Birdsville Times Literary Supplement) -- was everything I had ever hoped for. ...Good friendly communications, budget-friendly costings, flexibility with print run numbers, a helpful and cooperative attitude toward one's schedule, delivery on time ... plus total satisfaction on receipt of the boxes and inspection of the product's quality... I mean who could ask for more? Certainly not this little spinifex pigeon. I mean ripper bonzer super-beaut!

Private message

Extremely happy with my beautiful children's picture book

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2013

Today I received my printed full colour children's picture books and they are absolutely wonderful. The quality is excellent and I love the colours and the general feel of the book. I am beyond happy that I was able to find a wonderful Australian publisher so that I can proudly know my book is 100% Australian made. The Vivid staff were excellent and good at keeping me up to date with how my book was coming along. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to self publish a book.

Nambucca Heads NSW

Help when you need it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2013

Thank you for all your help and all your suggestions. For someone like myself, just starting out, it has been invaluable.

Yes, I can thoroughly recommend Vivid Publishing. You were an unknown to me when sighted on the internet, but am so glad I chose you. Reading back over all your emails, [name removed], the publishing process was just one step at a time, not a great amount of bamboozling information all at once, a great help for someone new. Whether my book is a success or not is up to me, and anyone who may read it and recommend it.

+ Efficient and helpful.

High quality finished product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2013

Having written a 112 page book of 13 short stories I sought quotes from three self publishing companies across Australia to print 100 copies. The three quotes were within 50 dollars of each other. In the end I selected the Fontaine Group because, for the price, it offered a higher quality paper than the others. The service I received from Fontaine was exemplary in terms of a quick (usually same day) response to my requests, a willingness to make adjustments when I kept changing my mind about the cover and parts of the text, and delivering the book within three weeks of giving the go-ahead to print it. The finished product matches the quality of the best books in bookshops I frequent.

Brisbane

Private message

How to publish an e-book

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2013

After googling 'How do I publish a ebook?' I had several sites on the screen. I carefully chose the one based in Australia in Perth. The company, e-Books Australia is in the Fontaine group.
I cannot recommend them highly enough. They made it so easy. They answered every email immediately so that I always knew where we were at. They patiently and competently led me through the process. It was so quick. Once I had sent the manuscript it was only a week or two until the book was at Amazon-Kindle, iBooks and several other carriers.
[name removed] designed a superb cover.

[name removed], the staff member I dealt with was efficient, compassionate, professional, more than competent. I had my question about how to publish an ebook well and truly answered by these great epple.people. If you want to do the same get in touch with them at [email protected]

- There was nothing at all wrong with it.

Private message

Efficient, helpful and a pleasure to work with.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2013

These are extracts from emails that I have already sent to [name removed] at Vivid, and so are not puff pieces. "Dear [name removed], Many thanks for your outstanding support in getting my three ebooks to publication. The information that you gave me on the process, your unfailing efficiency, and your pragmatic advice, made the collaboration a pleasure. I would also like to thank you for your patience while mentoring me through the totally new experience of writing for publication. Your people skills and efficiency are exceptional." R M Tomlinson

+ Efficient, patient, helpful.

Echuca

Private message

Vivid Publishing always responded quickly, were not patronising and always helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2013

After several (14) self published books...mainly poetry... in the traditional manner since 1976, I decided to convert two books to e-books. ''I Sing Now'', a personal autobiography, and '' Life is Be Ready'', a guide to the health of the planet into the future and all life. They were produced in Digital hard copy form in 2009 with 2 others.

My experience with e-books was limited, having never read or researched the burgeoning e-books practices and opportunities. I searched for an e-book conversion publisher that could help and guide me honestly and professionally.

After several considerations I approached Fontaine Publishing Group via Vivid Publishing and [name removed].

It was also important to conduct as much research myself as I could about e-book conversion, marketing, world markets , promotion and opportunity. including costs.

Fontaine Publishing via [name removed] were very informative and re-assuring. I followed the guidelines as offered making the changes recommended... Book format requirements for e-books were addressed and checked then checked again. Maintaining my writing integrity, but at the same time being respectful and considerate of advice given..

I can highly recommend Vivid Publishing. They always responded quickly, were not patronising and always helpful, guiding me to publishing conclusion. Now I have to work to promote the book following their guidelines.

- Brian A Carter

+ informative, reassuring, respectful, responded quickly

Private message

Fontaine Publishing Review - Book Publishing Professionals are the 'Real Deal'

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2013

The guys at Vivid Publishing / Fontaine Publishing, provided creative design, flawless top quality production services and consultancy, promptly and at a realistic cost. As a result, my first book "Why Shouldn't I Call My Son Clint?" ended up being stocked in bookstores, including those at airports, around Australia. Its currently in for a 5th reprint due to demand. I recommend Fontaine Publishing Group without reservation.
- D. Hocking, "Why Shouldn't I Call My Son Clint?"

+ Reliable, Book Publishing Professionals, High Quality, They do what they say

Excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

I've recently self-published my picture story book 'Awake' with Fontaine. The quality and production of the book was excellent and the service and support from Jason and the team at Fontaine was amazing. They are an absolute pleasure to deal with and made my first self-publishing experience easier than what I had imagined. I am very pleased with the finished product and would definitely publish another book with Fontaine. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is wanting to self-publish!

• 3 helpful votes

Mixed bag

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

I've self-published twice with Fontaine. They produced an amazing looking product within a reasonable time with good support. However, avoid their Print on Demand option unless you are confident you'll sell a lot overseas. It was supposed to be for overseas, but then they used it themselves to sell copies domestically to a trade customer of theirs. I got the royalties, sure, but they got the profits and there's another box of product I'd paid in full for sitting in my garage I could have sold that customer.
The post production marketing support is non-existent.
Their accounting of royalties seems a bit amateur.

Delighted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

Fontaine Publishing did a great job with my self-published book, 'The Kuranya'.. Jason was patience personified. The help and advice I received were invaluable in adding to the presentation of the book and - saving me money!. The finished product is everything I hoped it would be. Many thanks to Jason and the team and I would certainly recommend Fontaine Publishing to everyone!

Impressive!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Very professional, friendly and accommodating. An absolute pleasure to deal with. The whole team made publishing "Dreams and Awe" a breeze and I am very happy with the result.

1 of 7 pages