Australia

Dreams to reality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2013

Thank you Vivid Publishing - you helped bring my dreams to reality. After doing my research I know you provide an affordable and real alternative to many other publishers out there available to independent authors. I appreciate your laid-back approach; there's no sales pitch or pressure to sign up to packages. No matter how small or large my orders have become, your performance has remained unchanged; consistent, friendly, professional, helpful. Thank you again. It's breathtaking seeing my children's books in tangible, hot-in-my-hands

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2013

My experience with Fontaine has been very positive. As a new self-publishing author, I had lots of questions and needed some help. Fontaine were friendly and helped me get my project complete. My third set of Fontaine books arrived yesterday and I'm already planning the next order! 5 stars all the way! Tim Harris (Children's author, Sydney)

Private message

Fast and effective eBook conversion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2013

I recently published my first eBook as part of publishing my first ever physical book. Fontaine Group were excellent. They answered all my many questions of how to publish an eBook, how to split royalties and requirements for our website. They have helped me list my first illustrative childrens book in the iBookstore and other realted platforms. If you're looking to publish an eBook I can honestly highly recommend Fontain / Vivid Publishing

+ Inexpensive. Informative. And prompt to reply.

Exceptional in every way

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

What I thought would be a daunting experience in publishing my first book turned into an absolute dream. Nicola & Jason were brilliant to work with and offered outstanding advice, support and guidance.
Christina was brilliant with providing editing and additional comments to enhance specific areas of the story.
The graphics team, well, I have no words to express my gratitude with the end result of my front cover. They nailed it first go, and turned all my words into a visual that reflected the core of my story.
My heartfelt thanks to the team at Vivid Publishing, especially Nicola, they were professional, responsiveness and kind with every interaction.
I can not recommend them more highly! If you are looking to publish a book, this team are the jackpot.

Denmark

Outstanding service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

Thank you so much for your structural analysis and feedback on my manuscript. To be quite honest as a newbie in the publishing realm I was quite nervous about this. However when I opened the document and saw the sincerity and effort that you had invested in my very personal work I was deeply touched.

I really appreciated your thorough analysis and the way you offered suggestions that would enhance the readers journey and the potential emotional impact.

All of your suggestions, while so gently offered, were very on-point and incredibly useful to me. The way the feedback was presented, or suggested, allowed me to perceive my manuscript through fresh eyes and encouraged me to revisit areas with excitement.

This whole experience made me feel valued and that my writing had both merit and great potential.

And it also taught me a lot about creative writing terminology and structural development for my future endeavours.

I highly recommend this service to other writers. It has been a fabulous experience that has enhanced my current manuscript and increased my knowledge around creative writing and story-telling.

Sincerely Grateful

• 3 helpful votes

Book Publishing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

I have just had the pleasure of publishing my first book.
I believe that this would not have been such a memorial event if I had not engaged the fantastic services of Vivid Publishing.
Jason and Nicola-Jane made the whole process so unbelievable easy. I will be doing all my book through them and they make you feel like you have just made a great set of new friends.
They supported, encouraged and organised me all the way through this exciting time, thank God !!!!!
Their editing services are amazing, and money well spent, and I strongly believe my book would not have the professional look it has without this service.
They have a wonderful sense of humor which was important to me.
If you have spent the time writing your precious book then give it to someone who understands this, no brainer Vivid Publishing!!!

Verified Customer

I have had experience ...!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

... and frankly you topped the lot. Constructive, clear options, on-time delivery and finally the best product of the lot. Your guidance in shaping the existing cover artwork, your meticulous checking when during a change of software everything went haywire, and your on-time delivery were outstanding. I have copies from two other sources and neither come anywhere near matching your imprint. Thank you Fontaine - and Vivid.

Professional and prompt service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

As a first-time author, I was delighted with the supportive, helpful and professional way Fontaine Publishing worked with me throughout the publishing process. The service was efficient, clear and exceptional. Highly recommended! Karen van Eyk, author of Soul Navigation

Excellent and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

This was my first experience in publishing a book and had no idea where to start.
Fontaine publishing team were all very professional, on time and just brilliant in every step of the way. I am thrilled and grateful of Fountaine publishing's help and support.

Simplicity Speaks: Poems to make sense by

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

This was my first time to publish a book and had no idea where to start. The crew at Fontaine publishing assisted and supported me the whole way though. Communication and prompt replies are what stood out for me. Very grateful to have been guided by such a professional team!

A professional job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

I have been very impressed with the way Jason listened to our ideas and produced a book that met our requirements. His ability to offer suggestions and options to achieve the book we wished for is of the first order. Would thoroughly recommend his company.

Private message

Great personal yet professional support.David Adams

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

As a first time author, my eBook Terror in Our Homeland was published may 2018. I really appreciated the support and encouragement the team provided. They educated me and yet still assisted me to progress to the point of publication. Terror in Our Homeland is a far better product than what we began with. The cover design was extremely efficient and successful as was all the finishing touches on my novel. Thanks a lot.

Verified Customer

A pleasure to work with from beginning to end

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

My book 'Skilled in Magic' by Gemma Kirkman, was published by this company. The people were an absolute delight to work with throughout the entire experience.
From the very first moment when I contacted them to ask for quotes and services offered, Jason was professional and prompt and gave me all the information I needed.
I then began the publishing process which incorporated comprehensive editing services. My editors, Christina and Keith, gave excellent feedback and advice on tightening up the patchier parts of the story. My book title is a result of excellent insights and suggestions, as is the ending which was suggested to open up as a series. Both of these aspects particularly, I am extremely thankful and grateful for. The advice was invaluable and has contributed to my progression and development as a writer.
My contact throughout the experience was Nicola, who was outstanding to deal with, giving quick and efficient replies, no matter how small the question. She guided me through the process with patience and clear explanations, and was the biggest part of creating such an enjoyable experience. My publishing option included the book's cover design, and I delighted in being able to have such a creative and final say into how my book was going to look. I highly recommend taking this option to everyone, as there really is nothing like opening your first batch of books and seeing your book cover design, staring back up at you.
I dealt with Ilan on the e-book distribution side, and again, the service was faultless and highly professional. The team at the company are collaborative, informative, proficient and patient, and I could not be happier with working with them and the finished product.

10/10 would highly recommend this company and the services they provide.

Carlisle

Efficient, helpful and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

From the time I submitted my manuscript to Fontaine/Vivid it did not take long to see it in print. Nicola, Jason and the rest of the very efficient team did a wonderful job with my book, “Into the Eternal Moment”. I made several changes during the
process and, without any fuss, my wishes were accommodate. They always responded promptly. I am very pleased with the beautiful cover as well as the style and format of the book. These guys have my tick of approval.

Great Self-Publishing Company For My Two Books

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I have had two books published by Vivid/Fontaine in the last 12 months: "Pub Quizzes Ready To Use" and "The Quiz Book For Kids".
I found their expertise and advice very helpful. Jason offered me ideas on formatting, layout and general presentation. He was always prompt with email replies and took me through every step of the process in a very professional manner.
The time from submitting my manuscript to publishing was quicker than I thought, which was very welcome.
I would use Vivid/Fontaine Publishing again for my future projects. And the real bonus is that they are an Australian based company.

Fast,friendly, professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

I commissioned Fontaine publishing to bring my 1st picture story book to life. The process for me as a novice author was daunting but Fontaine publishing know their business. In the end it was smooth sailing. Prompt, helpful and professional they were easy to work with and I love the finished product.

Private message

Outstanding Guidance and Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Fontaine/Vivid provided me with exceptional service in the production of my second novel, High Street. At a time when I had a choice of publishers, it was the calm, efficient and helpful staff at Fontaine who clinched the deal for me. Yasmin impressed with her professional approach in bringing my project to life. Jason provided a faultless pathway for the commercial production of my book, including cover design, layout options and commercial plans. When minor unexpected hurdles arose, the staff were quick to provide solutions. I am delighted with the final product. High Street looks and reads exactly as I had envisaged. I live in Melbourne, Fontaine is in Western Australia. The geographical distance had no impact at all on the smooth course of production. Jason always responded with promptness to phone calls and emails. I have no hesitation in recommending Fontaine to potential and existing authors. John Considine.

Private message

Absolute pleasure to work with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

Fontaine worked closely with me to help realise my dream - to publish my debut novel, Helium and Honey. The journey for a novice like me is challenging and at times confusing. The team at Fontaine were patience, understanding and methodical, providing timely advice and service. Jason, Nicola-Jane, and the whole team, were an absolute pleasure to work with and I would recommend them to any prospective or established author.

Scarborough

Helpful and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

Everyone from Fontaine I had contact with was very customer focussed: they helped when I asked for it, and responded quickly and efficiently to every request. I'll use them again. Fontaine took the hassles out of the whole publishing routine.

• 6 helpful votes

Mixed bag

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

I've self-published twice with Fontaine. They produced an amazing looking product within a reasonable time with good support. However, avoid their Print on Demand option unless you are confident you'll sell a lot overseas. It was supposed to be for overseas, but then they used it themselves to sell copies domestically to a trade customer of theirs. I got the royalties, sure, but they got the profits and there's another box of product I'd paid in full for sitting in my garage I could have sold that customer.
The post production marketing support is non-existent.
Their accounting of royalties seems a bit amateur.

1 of 8 pages