Private message

Fontaine Publishing Review - Book Publishing Professionals are the 'Real Deal'

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2013

The guys at Vivid Publishing / Fontaine Publishing, provided creative design, flawless top quality production services and consultancy, promptly and at a realistic cost. As a result, my first book "Why Shouldn't I Call My Son Clint?" ended up being stocked in bookstores, including those at airports, around Australia. Its currently in for a 5th reprint due to demand. I recommend Fontaine Publishing Group without reservation.
- D. Hocking, "Why Shouldn't I Call My Son Clint?"

+ Reliable, Book Publishing Professionals, High Quality, They do what they say

Private message

Fast and effective eBook conversion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2013

I recently published my first eBook as part of publishing my first ever physical book. Fontaine Group were excellent. They answered all my many questions of how to publish an eBook, how to split royalties and requirements for our website. They have helped me list my first illustrative childrens book in the iBookstore and other realted platforms. If you're looking to publish an eBook I can honestly highly recommend Fontain / Vivid Publishing

+ Inexpensive. Informative. And prompt to reply.

Echuca

Private message

Vivid Publishing always responded quickly, were not patronising and always helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2013

After several (14) self published books...mainly poetry... in the traditional manner since 1976, I decided to convert two books to e-books. ''I Sing Now'', a personal autobiography, and '' Life is Be Ready'', a guide to the health of the planet into the future and all life. They were produced in Digital hard copy form in 2009 with 2 others.

My experience with e-books was limited, having never read or researched the burgeoning e-books practices and opportunities. I searched for an e-book conversion publisher that could help and guide me honestly and professionally.

After several considerations I approached Fontaine Publishing Group via Vivid Publishing and [name removed].

It was also important to conduct as much research myself as I could about e-book conversion, marketing, world markets , promotion and opportunity. including costs.

Fontaine Publishing via [name removed] were very informative and re-assuring. I followed the guidelines as offered making the changes recommended... Book format requirements for e-books were addressed and checked then checked again. Maintaining my writing integrity, but at the same time being respectful and considerate of advice given..

I can highly recommend Vivid Publishing. They always responded quickly, were not patronising and always helpful, guiding me to publishing conclusion. Now I have to work to promote the book following their guidelines.

- Brian A Carter

+ informative, reassuring, respectful, responded quickly

Private message

Efficient, helpful and a pleasure to work with.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2013

These are extracts from emails that I have already sent to [name removed] at Vivid, and so are not puff pieces. "Dear [name removed], Many thanks for your outstanding support in getting my three ebooks to publication. The information that you gave me on the process, your unfailing efficiency, and your pragmatic advice, made the collaboration a pleasure. I would also like to thank you for your patience while mentoring me through the totally new experience of writing for publication. Your people skills and efficiency are exceptional." R M Tomlinson

+ Efficient, patient, helpful.

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2013

My experience with Fontaine has been very positive. As a new self-publishing author, I had lots of questions and needed some help. Fontaine were friendly and helped me get my project complete. My third set of Fontaine books arrived yesterday and I'm already planning the next order! 5 stars all the way! Tim Harris (Children's author, Sydney)

Brisbane

Private message

How to publish an e-book

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2013

After googling 'How do I publish a ebook?' I had several sites on the screen. I carefully chose the one based in Australia in Perth. The company, e-Books Australia is in the Fontaine group.
I cannot recommend them highly enough. They made it so easy. They answered every email immediately so that I always knew where we were at. They patiently and competently led me through the process. It was so quick. Once I had sent the manuscript it was only a week or two until the book was at Amazon-Kindle, iBooks and several other carriers.
[name removed] designed a superb cover.

[name removed], the staff member I dealt with was efficient, compassionate, professional, more than competent. I had my question about how to publish an ebook well and truly answered by these great epple.people. If you want to do the same get in touch with them at [email protected]

- There was nothing at all wrong with it.

Great experience. Would highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2013

We used Fontaine Publishing to print and publish our children's book. My contact was very professional and the process was very easy. We are thrilled with the end product and are grateful to Fontaine for helping make our dream come true. The quality of the paper is as good as it gets. Wobbly Jim is now a reality.

+ Helpful team. Quick response (even though there was a time difference).

- Australia Post let us down with posting proofs but this wasn't really Fontaine's fault.

High quality finished product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2013

Having written a 112 page book of 13 short stories I sought quotes from three self publishing companies across Australia to print 100 copies. The three quotes were within 50 dollars of each other. In the end I selected the Fontaine Group because, for the price, it offered a higher quality paper than the others. The service I received from Fontaine was exemplary in terms of a quick (usually same day) response to my requests, a willingness to make adjustments when I kept changing my mind about the cover and parts of the text, and delivering the book within three weeks of giving the go-ahead to print it. The finished product matches the quality of the best books in bookshops I frequent.

Nambucca Heads NSW

Help when you need it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2013

Thank you for all your help and all your suggestions. For someone like myself, just starting out, it has been invaluable.

Yes, I can thoroughly recommend Vivid Publishing. You were an unknown to me when sighted on the internet, but am so glad I chose you. Reading back over all your emails, [name removed], the publishing process was just one step at a time, not a great amount of bamboozling information all at once, a great help for someone new. Whether my book is a success or not is up to me, and anyone who may read it and recommend it.

+ Efficient and helpful.

Australia

Dreams to reality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2013

Thank you Vivid Publishing - you helped bring my dreams to reality. After doing my research I know you provide an affordable and real alternative to many other publishers out there available to independent authors. I appreciate your laid-back approach; there's no sales pitch or pressure to sign up to packages. No matter how small or large my orders have become, your performance has remained unchanged; consistent, friendly, professional, helpful. Thank you again. It's breathtaking seeing my children's books in tangible, hot-in-my-hands

Private message

Extremely happy with my beautiful children's picture book

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2013

Today I received my printed full colour children's picture books and they are absolutely wonderful. The quality is excellent and I love the colours and the general feel of the book. I am beyond happy that I was able to find a wonderful Australian publisher so that I can proudly know my book is 100% Australian made. The Vivid staff were excellent and good at keeping me up to date with how my book was coming along. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to self publish a book.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not long ago I couldn't even spell published orther ... and now, thanks to Fontaine, I are one!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2013

Several million points out of ten, guys; I couldn't fault it. Your production of "McCullock's Gold" -- one's "...Grate Australian Novel and Towering Literary Werk" (The Birdsville Times Literary Supplement) -- was everything I had ever hoped for. ...Good friendly communications, budget-friendly costings, flexibility with print run numbers, a helpful and cooperative attitude toward one's schedule, delivery on time ... plus total satisfaction on receipt of the boxes and inspection of the product's quality... I mean who could ask for more? Certainly not this little spinifex pigeon. I mean ripper bonzer super-beaut!

Perth, Western Australia

Private message

A perfect way to publish my first book

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2013

This was a perfect company to help me publish my first book. They worked with me every step of the way and I was allowed to individualise to the way I wanted the book to look like. It was also a lot quicker with the whole process than I thought too.
The finished design was great!

+ I was allowed to choose the cover design and write my own blurb.

An outstounding company!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2013

Absolutely proficient from the beginning of the publishing process to the day of delivery. Excellent communication, easily contactable and email responses within hours! The Book? Formating, colours, paper quality, all to the highest standard. The finsished product is brilliant, I highly recommend this very professioanl publsihing company to anyone seeking excellent advice and service!

Responsive and Supportive Australian Book Publishing Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2013

From the moment I contacted Vivid Publishing I received very responsive and supportive service. As a first time publisher I had a lot of questions along the way and each time received direct answers and good guidance for my book "Spiritual Treasure". The project was completed on time, with all special requirements taken into account, and in accordance with the quote. I look forward to my next project.

Made the whole process relatively stress free

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2013

As a first time self publisher they made the whole process of taking the final pdf to ebook ready and published very straight forward. Plus they offered advice along the way to make the whole project more successful. Even at this busy time of year they managed to turn the whole project around very quickly.

+ Very helpful and convenient

- The time it takes for the publishers to process is longer than expected

Made the whole process easy and stress free...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2014

I found the whole process relatively stress free and easy ...the staff were pleasant to deal with and made the whole process flow where I had previously had roadblocks..I would use them again and am planning to use them for future work that I have planned...also feel that their rates are reasonable as well..

+ easy,reliable

A satisfying result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2014

I'm very happy with the finished product of my book, achieved by the helpful and professional folk at VIVID Publishing. It was a collaborative process, working together on details of type, format, cover design, etc. All my queries and suggestions were responded to immediately, so the distance between Melbourne and Fremantle was never a problem.

+ It achieved what I hoped for - a book that looks academic and classy.

- The whole process took close to six months - longer than I had anticipated.

A highly satisfactory service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2014

After my publisher, Bewrite Books, had to close in 2012, I had an e-book publisher but no print publisher for my two novels. The e-book versions sell very well, but it's still necessary to have print copies. I decided to self-publish.

A friend in the same situation recommended VIVID, a division of Fontaine Publishing. Well, it's all been a huge success. The cost was attractively low, the process was simple, VIVID's staff couldn't have been more helpful (and patient when I made a mistake), and the printed book looks fabulous, of the highest quality. VIVID make all their books available through online retailers as well as to libraries and physical bookstores. I'm completely satisfied, and recommend VIVID without reservation.

Extremely Happy with my Book!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2014

From the very first time I got in contact with Vivid Publishing I was very impressed by their effective and supportive service. They are always there to answer all my questions and to help me with my web page which gets updated very often.
My project was completed sooner than what I expected, with all special requirements taken into account, and in accordance with the quote.
It has only been one month since I published my book "Spanish for Travellers" and I am already looking at getting the 2nd edition printed with Vivid.

+ Quality of work