Top marks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2016

A nice simple straight-forward way to self-publish an ebook.
Value for money. Very happy with the result cheers david orr

Couldn't be more satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

The pure physical joy of holding a book in my hand, one that I am proud of, bearing my name, Keith W. Lofthouse, is one of the most satisfying moments of my life. "30 Shades of Darkness", a collection of short stories, was a five year journey and quite a lonely one. Along the way, I searched for a publisher, big, small and dubious. I’d made enquiries across the eastern states of Australia, but some were too big, too small and the most dubious were those that promised the world with glowing testimonials on poorly constructed websites that were loaded with spelling and grammatical errors. I happened upon Fontaine at one stage and was impressed by the professionalism of their website and the range of services and options offered. They made no fanfare about it but I noticed the Australian Government was listed as one of their clients. That struck a chord. If they were entrusted with government work they could surely be entrusted with my humble offering. But Fontaine were based in Fremantle, Western Australia, a very long way from regional Victoria where I live, and even further from Melbourne which was at least accessible, if any problems in the printing process occurred. Fremantle was not. Still, they provided me with a detailed quote on the costs or self-publishing which was compatible with those I had received from smaller publishers in the east. My search continued and I almost committed to a boutique publisher in Melbourne’s east until I remembered Fontaine, compared costs, services and options and realised that they were far superior. Months after my initial contact with them, I returned – and if there happens to be a second book in me, I would go back to them again, without hesitation. Suddenly, I was not alone. Fontaine came on board not only as a publisher but as a partner, guiding me flawlessly every careful step of the way through the minefield of cover design, cover to cover layout, PDF proofing, e-book publishing (through Amazon!), even an author’s page – and after receiving delivery of the book inside the gestation period and on the day they advised – further marketing leads and advice. Everything was done seamlessly and without fuss via email. At one stage, I felt the need to hear a voice and I phoned them just once and the minor problem was solved within seconds. Yasmin, Nicola and Jason at Fontaine were involved at different stages of the production, obviously covering areas of their own expertise. Not once was I left hanging for answers to questions; not once did I doubt their efficiency or professionalism. Fontaine delivered not only what they promised, but more than I expected. I’m proud to have their imprint on my book.

Verified Customer

Fontaine Publishing Group make it easy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2016

I'm not technically savvy, yet Nicola made the experience of me writing "John William Waterhouse Light and Love" and turning it into an ebook, a very enjoyable one. I may not write again but if you feel you have something to say to the world I strongly suggest you use Fontaine and the wonderful people that make it what it is.

Very Happy First Timer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

As the first time author with a first time illustrator of a children's picture book, "Dangar Island, birds, barrows a ferry and me", we asked many basic questions all of which were answered patiently and promptly. The process took over a year and Yasmin and Jason were supportive throughout. I am thrilled with the book and highly recommend Fontaine Publishing Group.

Joanne Karcz
Author of "Dangar Island: birds, barrows, a ferry and me"

Excellent responsiveness and result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2016

First run of a first book is a bit ( I'd imagine) like gestating a baby. Well the delivery went excellently. And Yasmin and Jason were very pro active during the gestation, even though my book 'Building Your Bali Dream Villa' had many 'firsts' in terms of format, finish, size etc. Very pleased, nice to sense some good old fashioned service in an age when its seems hard to come by.

Quality Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2016

The Fontaine publishing group have just delivered our book Billy and The Mad Dog. We cannot believe the quality of the product and the pre and post service that was delivered by this company. Yasmin, Nicola and Jason were quick to deliver on the various parts of the project but more importantly always available to answer any questions and discuss any changes. In fact the reply of emails, phone calls and product stages were so swift , we had trouble keeping up! They were very clear with what was required, so we were very well informed and that generated confidence from the beginning inquiry to the delivery of the books. We would recommended this company to anyone
who is interesting in publishing their own work. Thank you so much.

Self-publishing made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

My book (Pen Pen's Journey) had already been written, illustrated and designed to pdf stage before I contacted Fontaine in order to have it published. I used both the manuscript appraisal service recommended on the Fontaine website, as well as Fontaine's proof-reading service. Both gave me confidence in the book, and provided feedback that greatly improved the finished product. I found the Fontaine team - Jason, Yasmin, and Nicola - to be friendly, helpful and professional, with great attention to detail. They explained the publishing processes clearly along the way, and answered all my questions promptly. The process of publishing as Print on Demand and iBook went smoothly and quickly, and I soon found that my book was available around the world! I was very impressed with the quality the printed books (72 pages, full colour) when they arrived.
Penny Farrant
(Author of children's book 'Pen Pen's Journey', a story about a lost penguin in Sydney)

Professional and streamlined service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2016

As a new author I was a little apprehensive to begin with but the team at Fontaine were professional, prompt and approachable. It's a real thrill to have 'The Scent of Eucalyptus' showcased around the globe and I love the cover design. All in all, it's been an extremely rewarding experience and I would recommend them to anybody who wants to self-publish.

Sophie Chenoweth
(Author of poetry book 'The Scent of Eucalyptus', which is an ode to her childhood growing up in the Sydney bush)

Best e-book publishing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2016

Fontaine publishing group tailored my ebook to my exact individual requirements. Helpful & always prompt. Totally recommended. Excellent finished product.

Thrilled with the result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

The team at Fontaine Publishing's Vivid Publishing department were all very helpful, friendly and professional. They and their website were both upfront in detailing what was involved in the process of publishing and the cost of each step along the way. The cover design was terrific and I was so thrilled when I finally saw my book in print - both paperback and e-book. Thank you Yasmin, Nicola and Jason.
Maureen TC (Author of Unexpected Rewards: Travelling to the Arctic with a Mobility Scooter)

Professional and sensible advice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2016

I am impressed with the service I received from Fontaine after a bad experience with another e-book publisher. My concerns were promptly responded to, my ignorance overcome and I was helped with the mysteries of the computer.
I intend publishing four more e-book crime novellas featuring John Order, my politician-sleuth, and hope that Fontaine and Nicola will accept the jobs. I would unhesitatingly recommend Fontaine to anyone entering into what often is a challenging new world: publishing!

Greg C (Author: Order and the Abandoned Body)

Outstanding product and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2016

If all Australian businesses were run like this we would fix our debt and productivity problems overnight!
Thank you Yasmin, Vaarunika, Nicola and Jason for making 'The Obelisk and the Cross' a reality. The costing of my book was very fair and the service beyond reproach. I also recommend that Authors get their book professionally edited. Vaarunika special thanks for this...

Mango Bridge Club

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2016

I am absolutely thrilled with my book! Fontaine Publishing Group provides first rate, professional, friendly service at a reasonable price. My questions were always answered immediately, the cover design is beautiful, their attention to detail has been amazing, and I have had nothing but the very best advice from them. I would recommend them to any author without reservation.

The Possibilities really are endless.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2016

My first novel, "The Possibilities in Emptiness" was born with a minimum of fuss. From my initial inquiry (although riddled with self-doubt) Yasmin, Nicola and Jason made the process an enjoyable experience. There were few questions I needed to ask, but when I did, I received an immediate reply. The quality of the printed books was first-class. I thoroughly recommend their services.

May 8th, 2017 Update: It's all too easy.

My name is Michael Goodsell, in March 2017, I published my second novel, USE BY, with Vivid Publications, a division of Fontaine Press. Once again I am in awe of the ease with which to self-publish. 12 months before I published my first novel with them. To Jason and the team, a big thank you. It took only six weeks from my contacting Vivid to having the finished book in my hands. I will put in a link to show you what you could expect, but product review, will delete the link. Anyway, for any author wishing to self publish, Vivid Publishing is the best going around. When the link is deleted, look up Vivid publishing useby. Brilliant!

Would absolutely use Fontaine again

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2016

From my first nervous enquiry about publishing my e-book, Nicola and the team at Fontaine have been sensational. Every email was answered swiftly, and with all the information I needed. When it came to the cover design, I had a few suggestions and the designers read my mind and made it so much better than my original thoughts. When the book was published they even sent me ideas on how to help promote it. I'm so impressed by the professionalism and attention to detail; nothing was a problem. I'd certainly use Fontaine again.
Helen Wentland

Viva Fontaine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2016

I am a first time writer who had few clues about the whole process, and had not beyond a minimalist outlook on how to proceed. I ghost wrote the autobiography of my Cambodian language teacher, who survived the Khmer Rouge, and wanted something that would give it the look and feel of a worthy endeavour. I liked the idea of real people, as opposed to an email partner, I could meet and talk to. Jason, Yasmin and Nicola didn't make any promises they couldn't keep and everything went so smoothly I can't imagine why I would ever do it differently. Very happy, especially with the web site that is a 'one stop shop' for ebook and hardcover versions. Viva Fontaine!

Personal, angst-free service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2016

As a first time self-publisher, I found my experience with Fontaine an absolute breeze. Nicola and her team were super helpful and responsive to my needs. In fact, my novel, Cauldron, was up and running much sooner than I anticipated, with zero issues. I can highly recommend working with Fontaine to any budding authors thinking of travelling the same route. Keep calm and give them a call.
- Colin Wicking

Hassle-Free Publishing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2016

I've published three titles to date with Fontaine.
Long Valley, my first novel was an experiment, not just in writing, but also in the experience of placing my work into the market.
After researching the internet extensively and coming up with only a few viable ways to get my work out there, I chose Fontaine because, firstly, they are an Australian company, and secondly, their prices were very competitive.
Self publishing options, if I was to go on my own, produced hurdles such as applying for a TIN for the American market. With Fontaine, I didn't need to concern myself with too much of the administrational side of publishing. I could put all my energy into writing.
I have since published The Walls Of Woodmyst, and The Sons Of Woodmyst, the first two books of The Woodmyst Chronicles, with Fontaine and I couldn't be happier with the service I have received from Nicola and the team
I would highly recommend working with Fontaine to any budding authors.
-Robert E Kreig

Personal, responsive, enabling...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2016

I have written 7 books (one previously self-published) with publishers like Harper Collins, Random House, Australian Academic Press and most recently two with Wiley Blackwell. I had an idea to write something on Emotional Learning: The way we are wired for intimacy, to get the idea out there at a low cost and have some opportunity for feedback. So self publishing through Fontaine, costs through kindle $10US, and distributed widely. I found Fontaine superb, very responsive and helpful, personal and not just a mechanical process. I can't recommend them more strongly. THANKS!

Bruce

Professor Bruce A Stevens (MAPS Clinical and Forensic Colleges) PhD Boston 1987
Wicking Chair of Ageing and Practical Theology
School of Theology
Charles Sturt University

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Fontaine makes epublishing easy and enjoyable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2016

I just had my ebook, Not to be Rude, published through Fontaine, and was very impressed. Nicola and her team were always highly efficient, friendly and helpful, and make the complicated, and intimidating, process of producing an ebook as easy as possible for an author. As well, they produced a cover I was happy with very quickly, having clearly paid careful attention to my brief. I couldn't have been more pleased with the final product, and its distribution, and will be recommending Fontaine to anyone who is thinking of publishing an ebook.
- Sarina Rowell