Generations:
Filter By:

Melbourne

• 6 answers
Private message

Generation: PK (2009-2011) Body: Cab Chassis Cab: Crew Drive: 4WD Badge: XLT Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Mar 2015

I wanted a ranger brought it.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2018

I flew to Sydney to look at this car loved the way it looked and drove so I bought it. Drove it back to Melbourne no drama. I did not know it has a cooler on the EGR water flow through the exhaust stopped using it and now it's brilliant. No drama.

Pakenham

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Ute Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: XLT Engine Size: 3.2L Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great car and only gets let down alot by the Dunlop Grandtrek AT22 tyres.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I was given this car as a company car and I love it, the first time I drove it in the wet it was frightening! Tyres are horrendous in the wet and are useless offroad. I have had 2 flats in 2 years and I have only had 2 previous flats in 24 previous years of driving. Ford and Mazda know these tyres are not acceptable to most owners and still haven't done anything about it. These Grandtrek AT22 tyres are made in Thailand and that is the problem, the Japanese made tyres are fine.
Onto the positives: brilliant Apple Carplay and infotainment system. Very good active safety systems that always work. Very quiet and comfortable. Well built and finished, paint seems to be thin as it chips alot.
Apart from the worst tyres I have ever had on a car, I love my XLT Ranger.
40,000Kms travelled and I am still happy with it and am very impressed with how new it still feels.
No problems at all and uses 10l/100KMS, mainly city driving.

Newcastle

Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Cab Chassis Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: XLT Engine Size: 3.2L Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2016

DISASTER DISASTER DISASTER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Engine and turbo blew while driving on major highway - car had 50,000 km and under 2 years old - had it towed to Goulburn Ford who are clearly not interested in any level of customer service - don't return calls or emails and are happy to sell their soul for their mother company. Ford deny warranty and at our own cost we have had engine rebuilt to diagnose root cause of engine failure - faulty fuel injector. This car held so many dreams for us and it has turned into a nightmare that has set us back tens of thousands of dollars and virtually crippled us financially. NEVER EVER BUY A FORD!

Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Cab Chassis Cab: Super Drive: 4WD Badge: Wildtrak Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Have 2 Navara’s brought 2015 new. Chassis cracked due to pore welding. 55% undercut and a crater. Ha

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

Over 120km every day sometimes 300.
Used as mobile welding truck in forestry and around town
Every 10,000km recommended is 15,000 but I carry big loads
I have only done 8,000km
Nissan diff shat it’s self at 80,000km
It has only done its pre delivery inspection and I did not have any defaults

Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Ute Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: Wildtrak Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2016

First and last ford I will ever buy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Just reach 2 years owning my wildtrack, have had the same list of issues and continue to get the same excuses from ford. Issues include thump from gearbox on take off, navigation system fault, erratic parking sensors, door misalignment, entertainment system rebooting while driving, poor radio reception and many more minor faults. I've been told many excuses from that just how they all are for the gearbox but we have reported to ford as there is no solution at this time. For all entertainment system issues all I get is we have reset the system and hope for the best, but always expect the worst. As I keep telling the dealer, I wish I bought a Toyota.

• 3 answers
Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Ute Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: XLT Engine Size: 3.2L Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2012

FORD RANGER XLT 2012 MODEL LOSES POWER WHEN TOWING

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Has anybody had a problem where their Ranger loses power and goes into Limp Mode whilst towing, especially if the outside temperature is high. Mine is doing this now and I am on "An around Australia" loop up at Karratha. I have had it to Ford at Karratha; no fault codes come up, nor do any dash lights show up when it goes into Limp Mode

Generation: PJ (2007-2009) Body: Cab Chassis Cab: Super Drive: RWD Badge: XLT Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Mar 2010

my ranger wont start, am using quick start, and its definitely over-fueling, black smoke on accelera

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Family transport, used daily, serviced 6 monthly. When it didn't want to start i used quick start. However, the black smoke had started before that. Diagnostics in Kokstad said it was injectors but I'm failing to understand why it wont start without quick start?
About a year ago i had the problem of it not starting and the problem was related to the key remote but there was no black smoke. The rough idling or miss only comes in between 1800 - 2000 rpm then it goes away, still has power!

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Ute Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: Wildtrak Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Best vehicle I've owned by far. This 2018 Wildtrak Ranger is my 4th and by far the better.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I replaced my 2016 wildtrak for the 2018 wildtrak. I drive my vehicles long distances often for family and pleasure reasons and I find them very economical and comfortable. I totally reccomend you try one you won't want anything else. These vehicles have so much power and torque they surpass the competition in my opinion

Lockyer Valley, Qld

• 12 comments
  • 2 answers
Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Ute Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: XLS Engine Size: 3.2L Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2018

A great all round ute

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Bought my XLS from a mate. (Sold due to his failing health)Tricked up beautifully, this XLS in my opinion is as good or better than a Wildtrak. I recommend upgrading suspension and adding iDrive. It has a lot of accessories added by Opposite Lock prior to Rego. A great tray system and auxiliary diesel and water tanks in the tray and much more!

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Ute Cab: Crew Drive: 4WD Badge: XLT Engine Size: 2.2L Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2016

Very happy with the car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I usually use my car to drive between my family and work. I always use the car for about two hours each day, every day of the week. I get my car serviced once or twice a year. my mechanic has not mentioned any issues with the car and also the fuel lasts very well

Blacktown

Private message

Generation: PX.I (2011-2015) Body: Ute Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: XLT Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2014

COG light

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Daily commute as well as tow vehicle during holidays. During towing the amber COG light on dash came on on several occasions. Car is serviced regularly. (anywhere between 10k and 15k).
After taking car to several mechanics someone suggested I run another lead from the negative terminal to the engine block. Hey presto COG light no longer comes on. Has 105,000 klms on the clock.

Geelong

Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Ute Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: XLT Engine Size: 3.2L Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2018

Ford Ranger XLT 2017

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Purchased last years runout in May this year. XLT brand new, paid $10,000 less than the going rate because we sniffed around dealers. Our local dealer couldn’t beat the Melbourne dealers price, so my review of the ranger definitely includes my advice to COMPARE dealers! The vehicle itself isn’t as nice inside as the Nissan Navara we tested but you can’t compete with how powerful and elevated the ranger is. It’s strong, and fierce and hasn’t missed a beat. Takes a bit of diesel but not out of the ordinary for a Ute of its power.

Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Cab Chassis Cab: Crew Drive: 4WD Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2018

very happy with this vehicle

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

for everything, social and work. the car is driven every day, and always serviced on time if not a bit earlier. WE had it checked over by a friend and he indicated that is was in very good condition. We will be taking it on a interstate road trip next month.

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Ute Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: XLT Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Glow plugs

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

Performs well 2018 Ranger recall for glow plugs.
Ford agent after trying to remove glow plug snapped off had to remove cylinder head only done 17000 km. If you purchase make sure no recalls on model purchased. Not a good look for Ford using inferior glow plugs. 150 w Inverter behind seat for 240 v charging of smart phone failed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Ute Cab: Super Drive: 4WD Badge: XLT Engine Size: 3.2L Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great vehicle, however....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

After a lot of research I purchased a new Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with Tech Pack in 2016. In my opinion it was the best equipped ute in its class and (again my opinion) by far the best looking. 2 years on I still love the vehicle. It has been 100% reliable with absolutely no mechanical or electrical issues so far. However I am extremely disappointed with two things in particular. Firstly the paint. I paid extra for premium paint and on close inspection you can definitely see the "orange peel" which I feel is poor for a close to $60,000 car. Also the paint appears to be ultra thin. It scratches and chips far too easily. Secondly the panels are almost as thin as the paint. Even when washing you need to be very careful to not exert too much force as even a relatively light touch is enough to push a panel in and as I unfortunately found out, it doesn't always pop back out. All in all, a fantastic vehicle with some very disappointing flaws.

Generation: PK (2009-2011) Body: Cab Chassis Cab: Double Drive: RWD Badge: XL Hi-Rider Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2010

Not that good on fuel why

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2018

Hi i have a 2010 3ltr atuo turbo diesel With 60 ltrs of diesel i am only getting
Around 450 k's to a tank.
Gets services all the time. Why would this be.i bought this as i thought it would be awesome on fuel
What should I do i think it should be around 600 k's to a tank

Generation: PX.I (2011-2015) Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Love my Ranger

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

With plenty of power to tow, comfortable seats and good fuel economy we are very happy with our 2014 Wildtrack..
we purchased it second hand with 112 thousand kms in the clock, and we have since travelled 36,000 kms including a 13, 500 trip to Darwin and North Qld.
It has not missed a beat

perth

• 4 comments
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Cab Chassis Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: Wildtrak Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Wildtrak should had known bad car wont buy ford again!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Issues with the vehicle is the automatic transmission, it is the worst I have ever driven you have to put your foot down to keep moving because the engine is lugging, then the engine revs flare like it is slipping a clutch or the converter. This problem didn't exist when I picked it up but was very evident at 6,000 km. took it back to the dealer and they tell me they are all like that, it is normal. No way took it back 5 times for the problem also bad plastics the plastic around the drivers seat cracked was replaced three times in 10000kms, elctrical faults when 4wd no thanks sold it a 11000kms and it was honestly the best day of my life.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Cab Chassis Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: Wildtrak Engine Size: 3.2L Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Ranger wind noise

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Its very comfortable, good visibility, fits four comfortably, safety features are top rate as is the dash technology. Plenty of power and a good ride over rough terrain.
But It’s thirsty, hard to park in small spaces and the wind noise in the cab is a design fault I assume. I have taken it back twice to rectify but with no success. At present I am taping up the drivers door frame to try and find the fault.

Albion park

• 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: PX.II (2015-2018) Body: Ute Cab: Double Drive: 4WD Badge: FX4 Special Edition Engine Size: 3.2L Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Great Ute

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

Had my fx4 2017 for over a year now can’t fault it
I’ve pushed it to its limits bush 4wd sand snow towing and has performed out standing very comfortable inside (fx4 leather) best Ute I’ve ever owned I also had the previous mk1 2012 and enjoy it so much I had only one Ute in mind when I upgraded

1 of 14 pages