Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Well done Format !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

I choice Format to build my new houses, one has been hand over at last month and the other one is still under construction. I have to say Format did a really good job and I love my new house. I also need to thank my sales consultant Steven Riley. He really understands what we need and what we should pay attention on during the whole construction. He is knowledgeable sales consultant because we've got Asian background, he even know some "Feng Shui" theories that help us to design our new house. Well done Steve. If you guys need a quality builder, highly recommend Steve and Format to you guys.

Michael & Pam

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2013

Beautiful Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Hi everyone,

First of all, A BIG THANK YOU for the wonderful home you have built for Doug and myself. Even today we are still pinching ourselves having such a beautiful home.

The people who we have had dealings with through Format Homes are:

John Cooper (great sales job mate!!)
Bill Murphy (fantastic information we didn't know about)
All the girls in the office (who kept me sane)
Levi (for his excellent supervision of our site - and must be sick to death of us!!)
All the consultants from the various outlets where we chose our products.

If I have missed anyone out it's only because we were attended by so many FANTASTIC people.

I have attached the Customer Satisfaction Form and there are only a few minor things that need to be attended to.

Oh, I guess a big thank you to Frank Formado (hopefully I have spelt his name correctly) for the choosing of his staff.

Doug and Desiree James

Lightsview, SA

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Just like Christmas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

We have just moved in to our new Format Home. A lot of our friends warned us about building, we heard all sorts of horror stories. Our experience was totally the opposite, we have one tiny outstanding job to be done, everything was just about perfect the day we got the keys. The quality of the work done, the quality of the fittings & fixtures is of a very high standard. We were promised a six month build time & it took five & a half months-even with very wet winter we had this year. We are both very pleased with our new home, we love coming home to our "new baby".
Money well spent, excellent value, excellent tradespeople, excellent office staff.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Owning a brand new house could have not been easier than this!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

When I came to Australia, I could never imagine that after a couple of years of arrival I would be living in my new house. To own a house had become a dream and I could have not thought that one day soon I would ever own it. Format Homes made this dream come true in less than one year; far way from what I expected. That was not the only bonus of choosing Format Homes! Now that I am reflecting on the time I spent living at my unit while I was working and studying, I can not remember even one day that I had an issue with the house construction. I wonder how these guys built the house in a very quiet mode and left me at peace so I did not need to worry about anything. Every aspect of the house construction was taken care of; I was just enjoying to visit my house while it was being built and took some photos for my personal house project album; which, I tell you, is a huge fun! No one in my family and friend had done that before; all were admiring it. I take the chance to thank Matt who introduced me to Format Homes on the first day when I was seeking for a house builder. Terry, I am so thankful to you. You always gave me hope and energy and your warming words were always comforting me in the hardest time; I can not thank you enough; you are now my life friend. I am so thankful to Kieran my house project manager who was so patient when I was asking lots of questions and he was giving me his best professional responses. I express my thanks and appreciation to all Format Homes personnel, Philip, Rick, Frank, Marco, Joanne, Lisa, and many others who I may forget to name. You constantly supported me, advised me on your best, had very warm and welcoming attitude and customer service. Thank you all for everything you have done for me! Today, I am sitting in my house, drinking my afternoon tea and enjoying my house ownership!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Excellent service and quality build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2016

I've dealt with a lot of different Builders around Adelaide both personally and professionally. The level of customer service and professionalism shown by Format Homes is unmatched. Not everything went right (as it rarely does when you build), but they were there to help every step of the way. The quality of the finished product was exceptional and exceeded even our lofty expectations. I cannot thank the whole team at Format Homes enough, and refer all my family, friends, and customers to them.

Meadows, South Australia

Worth It!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

We had dreamed of building our home with Format after looking through their display homes some years ago, but initially thought they were outside of our price range. Having almost signed with another builder, we re-visited them to just talk with a sales person and see what the cost differences were. Turned out they were wholly within our price range as their standard selections were of such a high quality that they would have been considered "upgrades" with other cookie-cutter builders.

We had an amazing salesman, Terry McWilliams, who hel
ped design our home with us and took into account all of our needs. We were well looked after all throughout the selections process to the finalising of everything and into the build itself. We always received our invoices and receipts promptly.

Now, nearly three months after moving into our home, we couldn't be happier. The quality of the craftsmanship can be felt and seen throughout - this is what initially drew us to Format when we visited their display homes. Our home looks and feels every bit as amazing as their displays did. We have not even had a single complaint or issue to report since moving in. Levi Nash was our site supervisor and was always approachable, professional, friendly and happy to answer all our (sometimes silly) questions. He was so incredibly thorough during our walkthrough and pre-handover inspection - he noticed small flaws that we wouldn't have even thought to look for and had them fixed straight away.

The only tiny things I would mention that Format could have done differently was to perhaps keep us informed as to where we were at and what was happening at each stage of the build. We only ever received an invoice when one stage was completed - and we would drive out to the site weekly to see what was different. Not having built before, it would have been nice to have had some updates. Additionally, it wasn't always clear who to contact about what issues (financial, land, council, etc.) so perhaps a list of contacts with clarification on who to speak to about what would have been helpful at the start.

Otherwise, can't fault Format for anything at all. Great quality, build stuck to schedule and price, competent and professional staff - I have been recommending Format to all of my friends and would encourage anyone looking to build with someone who actually cares about quality over quantity to visit one of Format's display villages and speak to someone. So happy we made the decision to speak to them again - our dream really did come true! Thank you Format for our amazing home!

• 1 answer

Verified Customer

Perfect dream home can not thank Format enough and would highly recommend them!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2016

Professional service and easy negotiations from design to selections to the finished home. Can't rate Format Homes highly enough. The build quality and workmanship were extremely high. Their trades were excellent and all loved working for Format Homes. This commitment of excellence from their staff is why this has been an excellent stress free experience. We were made to feel a valued customer throughout the entire process.

Verified Customer

Building our home while we were overseas.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

Both the workmanship and build quality of our home were extremely high. Throughout the whole building process Format kept us informed and enabled us to have contact with the site manager whenever we felt the need. He was very helpful and despite us being in the uk throughout the whole build we felt very much involved in the process.
We had one trip over to Adelaide prior to the build to discuss details and choose fixtures, fittings and colour schemes. Again Format were very helpful.
After completion the customer service and support continued throughout the snagging of our home.
I have no hesitation in recommending Format homes to anyone.

Great People Great Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2015

After choosing Format Homes to build my new property, i now believe its one of the best decisions i have ever made. The team at Format are quite possibly the most professional, ethical, honest organization i have ever dealt with. There's always a bit of apprehension when choosing a builder but it became apparent quickly and very early on that i made the right one. I was able to sit back, relax and enjoy the process knowing that my project was in extremely capable hands. This peace of mind is "Priceless".

The people at Format know that this
will probably be the biggest financial outlay you will ever make and they treat your project like its their own and have your wishes and interests first and foremost.

The quality of workmanship was nothing short of outstanding, people visit and comment on what a beautiful home i have, one person even asked if i won lotto, ha.

You've seen the advertisement on TV for Superloc "Do it once Do it right". Build with Format Homes you "Do it once you Do it right"

Thanks to all the team at Format and especially Bill Murphy who helped me deal with an unscrupulous demolition company who almost scuttled my project, without his help and advice it may never have gone ahead.

Lived up to ALL promises

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

Professional service and easy negotiations from design to selections to the finished home. Can't rate Format Homes highly enough. Their professionalism is reflected in their homes of high standards. You can trust this builder as they deliver on all promises. Amanda and Levi made our journey into this investment home easy and enjoyable and now we hope to reap the rewards of this investment.

Our Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2015

From the first initial phone call the process of demolishing and building our dream home was a breeze. All at Format Homes were willing to help any anyway they could from their Receptionist to Building Supervisor. The process of selections was made easy too, that can be daunting!! The construction timing was as promised and practical completion and handover was seamless. We did have some issues with council and engineers but Format Homes kept things well on track during this. We have used Format Homes in the past for some development properties also, and the workmanship was second to none so we did not hesitate to use them for our Dream Home. All up we can say that Format Homes delivered above and beyond.

Adelaide

• 2 helpful votes

It is a good feeling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2015

I knocked down and built 2 homes, this was my first time I am not a developer so I needed someone to guide me through, well I found them from A to Z there service and staff where there all the way but most important is the finished product, in one word QUALITY I know this as I had 3 agents in to value they all said high standard of build and very well detailed . I never felt like I was just another contract to build, they treated me as a person and they never lost that respect for me as a client. I would recommend Format Homes
Thank you to all the team at Format Homes.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Hassle-Free builder,Kept their words as promised - A First home happy customer.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2015

After being to many builders displays,bloggers before start up,happened to enter format homes displays at lightsview and met [Name removed]. From then building journey was so smooth until now.

Fomat Thumps ups
1.Excellent sales man service and so his informative & practical words.
2.Immediate response for custom design changes with reasonable time frame to fix any issues.
3.Above all the quality of standard inclusions covered up all my needs within my budget.
4.After build up service is really good which i am experiencing.

To me,i got my new first house as what i was told by[Name removed].
Had recommended my brother to built with Format and has started now.Also highly recommend any one.
Thanks Format

Regards
Raj

Verified Customer

I Love my home - it's me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2014

2 years since I moved in and I just love coming home. The whole exercise was a dream come true. Format totally
understood what I wanted and it was important to them. Their attention to detail matched mine and so my own personal needs have been met, and within my limited budget. My husband & I built our first home with them, so who else would I go to after he passed away, and now that I have retired and needed to downsize again who else would I trust to do this. I doubt I will need to build another home, but if you do I would only suggest Format to meet your individual needs & desires and give you a terrific hassle-free building experience.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

woodcroft

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

a perfect home to live in

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2014

We have just moved in our new house built by format homes. The whole experience was a joy. From the staff at the office to the supervisor and all the trades. They were all ways helpful and courteous. Nothing was to much trouble. The supervisor was always easy to reach.the product choice was above average. The house turned out absolutely stunning and all our friends and family comment on the great work men ship. We highly recommend them to anyone who wants to build a new home. Thank you format homes

+ the house was built quickly all tradesman were polite and friendly

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

Fantastic - would recommend Format Homes to anyone wishing to build a new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2014

We were looking at renovating and extending an existing house. During this process, we went to several display villages to get some ideas and to speak to project builders on what they offer in terms of extensions and renovations. We went to the Lightsview Format Home display and met the sales consultant. He presented the option of knocking down and rebuilding, and it was from this point that we decided to build new rather than renovate. This was one of the best decisions we have ever made. We had previously built and the Format experience was s o much better than from the previous builder. However, that experience meant that we knew what to expect, and also we had a very good idea of what we wanted. This probably held us in good stead when dealing with the builder.

Unlike other new home sales consultants, he went out of his way to make us comfortable during the process. This included meeting us at times that was convenient to us, at Format Homes different display houses. He took the time to walk us through their houses showing the different level of inclusions and exclusions and the relevant design features. He was very accommodating when we wished to make changes to proposed plans, often after already having made changes. His advice regarding whether our modifications would work in the space was invaluable. Further, throughout all consultations, in no way did we ever feel pressured to sign a contract, nor did we feel like just another sale (unlike the treatment we received from one major national builder and another South Australian company).

We worked closely with the sales consultant in determining our preferred layout that we were happy with, the contract signing process was easy and the overall contract place included very realistic (& sometime over estimates) for the extra inclusions (eg, air conditioning). Further, [name removed] estimate of the footings cost was spot on (this is one area where sales consultants can often get it wrong). From this point on, we were directed to liaise with a person in their office. She became our single point of contact when dealing with Format Homes.

She provided excellent service in all areas of the demolition and build, this included in ensuring that all relevant council permits were applied for, recommendations for other services (such as fencing contractors) and in answering our general inquiries that we had along the way. Further, all staff at Format Homes did not need to look up a file when contacted, they had a good knowledge of who we were, what we were building and what stage it was up to. Queries were also answered quickly (typically the same or next day). Format Homes made us feel as though they were working for us, rather than as just another contract. Our experience with a previous builder was the complete opposite of Format Homes and I would not recommended them to friends or family.

The entire building process from demolition to hand-over was in the order of 6 months, but the time from footings pour to hand-over was only 5 months, several months ahead of the scheduled contract. The site supervisor(s) were constantly over-seeing the work, and often highlighted issues of quality that were promptly rectified (issues that we might not have ever noticed). Further, our site supervisor was very responsive when we identified errors or mistakes and his message to us was that that it's our home and we know it better than them. If there was anything incorrect, they were very happy to discuss and rectify. Contract variations were reasonable, and we were communicated with whenever variations were required to the contract, however, the original contract developed by Terry resulted in very few variations that weren't due to our own selections.

Format Home inclusions are of the highest quality, and in some instances our own choices at Beaumont Tiles, Direct Interiors and Carrera Kitchens were often cheaper than the Format inclusions, resulting in a credit (which we spent elsewhere). The only exception to this was the level of electrical inclusions (not unique to Format Homes), where the standard inclusions were not no where near the mark for a modern connected home. The kitchen allowance which in our case included a line item for a very large stone island was greater than the actual cost which allowed us to upgrade to gloss cupboards and include cabinetry for the bedroom and walk-in robes with minimal extra cost.

Overall, I would highly recommend Format Homes to anyone looking to build in South Australia, whether modifying one of their own designs or bringing your own. They will assist you through the entire process, including navigating council and all other permits. They treat you with respect and are more than happy to assist you with any query, no matter how trivial. They make the entire building process easy and enjoyable, and allows you to focus on the areas that you need to (such as selections and design).

Format Homes were brilliant, and delivered a high quality home on time.

+ Everything, reliable, responsive, treats customers with respect, high quality and standards in building.

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Great experience in general.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2014

From the initial planning up to the handover Format was great. All our requests have been addressed and actioned upon in a timely manner. We are quite happy with our house. Materials used, design approach, almost every small thing has been foreseen by the Format engineers and contractors. Special thanks to John Cooper from Format's display at Seaford Meadows, Levi Nash -our building supervisor, all contractors especially the bricky (brickwork is so precise and accurate I haven't seen before).

+ Ability to design and build a house no matter how rough your idea of it is.

- Post building service wasn't top notch, some delays in fixing issues, minor but annoying.

No Need To Worry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2013

Format Homes

I am proud to tell my friends and colleagues about the people of Format Homes who helped me build my first new home
When friends and family found out about me building everybody shared their opinions and stories about "it can be the most stressful time of your life".
Well I must have been very fortunate because I was anticipating "stress" but it didn't happen.

My story begins with: It took me 3-4 months of visiting show homes, picking-up pamphlets, studying plans and listening to heaps of sales people.
I thought I knew wh
at I wanted but it was when I walked into Format's Award Winning home called the Grange that I genuinely felt that "Format Feeling"
(just like their advertising jingle).

I visited the Grange 4-5 times, each time taking friends and family and my feeling about this home didn't change.

The show home consultant was [name removed] and I couldn't have asked for a better representative for Format Homes because she demonstrated she knew her craft.

Firstly, she helped me with "tweaking the floor plan so that it maximised my desired features to suit the block size and location. She negotiated with Council and helped
with recommendations if I needed to re-tweak to suit council regulations. (Councils always seem to change the goal posts!)

Secondly, I was impressed with the Format administration staff because the "official schedule" on how/when each stage would take place was exactly how it happened.

The building on site commenced in March and I moved in November the same year.

I met the building site manager, [name removed] who impressed me with his knowledge and experience and especially schedule follow-ups and communication. The most rewarding
feedback I received from him was when he asked, "if you ever decide to sell, let me know because I will be interested." I believe that says it all!

I further believe, once the excitement and hype of having a new home built, time will always tell!

A period of 2 years has passed and still to this day visitors to my home (all professions and trades) I find are impressed and have comment on the high quality of workmanship,
materials and skill seen in the design of my home.

Thank you Format Homes and thank you [name removed].

Personally I commend you for the courteous and professionalism your full team of employees have demonstrated. I treasure the experience and love recommending your
Company to colleagues and friends.

Julietta Joncheff

+ Easy, well informed, schedules ran to plan

Wynn Vale

Verified Customer

No fuss build, great inclusions

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2013

Building with Format Homes was a great experience.

[name removed] (at the time she was at the Mawson Lakes display homes) was very helpful in the planning stage. She made lots of good suggestions that we would never have thought of. We were easily able to make changes to the plans - add walls, take walls out, etc. The changes to the cost of the build due to adding walls seems reasonable. We never felt like we we being taken for a ride.

Most of the wait for our build was due to the estate not being ready yet. Once it was ready Format were
quick to start. We were the 2nd in an estate of 44 to move in.

The building process was good. [name removed] always answered our calls or returned them promptly. Sometimes I think maybe I was bothering him a bit but he was always able to answer our questions and help us out where he could.

During the build, our house it was broken into by someone smashing holes though two layers of gyprock. The visitor also kicked a hole in one of the walldrobes. Format fixed everything and it was hard to tell it had even happened. There was maybe a little wear one of the doors due to the handle being twisted hard, but we didn't ask for it to be fixed as it was minimal.

One thing that was great about Format was we were able to get in there to do our own electrical work. I was able to run network cables everywhere before the gyprock went on and second fix after. Format was happy for this to happen. I know some builders won't let you do this. We also ran wires for extra hot water controls and power points. They did, however, charge us for some extra time by the electrician to run an extra line to the power box due to all the extra power points we linked in (my cousin is an electrician). My cousin didn't think it was nessicary.

We came to blows with their electrician over the position of the light switch for the bathroom. We wanted it inside, and he wouldn't do it. He said that it was unsafe due to the location of the bath but we checked the building codes and he was wrong. In the end he dug his heals in and wouldn't listen to reason. Lucky it was a minor issue so we let it go.

Selection process was great. It was nice getting to visit the individual places rather then choosing from 5 choices in a book. Direct Interiors were woeful, but I've since heard that Format don't use them anymore. Every time my wife and I walk in that place we walk out feeling frustrated, to put it mildly.

At final inspection there wasn't much to fix. Just a few bit needed repainting and a few small touch up jobs.

After moving in we discovered hole for our fridge wasn't made to our specifications. Checking the cabinetry plans I could see it was due to a silly mistake on their dimensions. Carrera Kitchens visited and installed a replacement overhead cupboard to fix the height of the fridge provision. Even over the Christmas break they came out very fast. One problem with the smaller overhead cupboard was the exposed screw holes. Their solution was to cap them. In this case we were happy enough to have the caps in the colour of the laminate, but at our request they would have been willing to pull more apart. It would have been a big job, but it was nice to know they were willing to do it.

Later down the track we had a substantial crack across our hallway. Format maintenance visited once to reflush and paint the but it came back. So they visited again and installed a plastic expansion joint. It was a bit tacky but we were told the crack would keep coming back due to movement in the clay soils. Only problem we had after this was the cracking then stared going down the walls a bit.

About 2 years after the build we had cracks in between the sheets of gyprock in the ceiling of the garage. Once again Format Homes came out and flushed the joints.

We were happy with the level of maintenance however they were a little slow in coming out and several phone calls were required.

Overall very happy with the process. We chose Format due to their great inclusions for a reasonable price. There was nothing hidden and we only paid extra for things like a larger stove.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances I won't elaborate on, we decide to sell our new build after living in it for 3 years. We were able to make most of our money back, which in this market we were happy with.

If we built again we would probably go with Format.

+ Great inclusions, good planning service, good communication, well priced for what you get, made good on mistakes

- Some contractors have their own ideas, having to deal with Direct Interiors, slowish maintenance, not 100% sold on the steel frame

1 of 3 pages