• 3 helpful votes

A Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

Foxtel is like renting a room in a hotel and then the hotel charging you to use the bed. Last week 70% of on demand movies had changed to rentals. This happen periodically like some bean counter has worked out it makes them money. We complained. For our trouble we have been given free 5 free rentals 5 times, 25 over a year, only 10 were delivered. Complaints about that were not answered. The tech support is always the same girl, who knows less than I do about tech. She puts you on hold while 'looking into it' (thats what I think she said) but in reality she answers other calls. Then says 'thats normal'. IQ3? garbage hardware / software. Our first two failed. Movies? OMG so much old stuff........

And another one bites the dust

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Just been advised that Disney XD is ending on 6 January. Yet another cut as Foxtel continues its sad decline. I really mourned the passing of World Movies and the Ovation channel as well as the Arts channel reduction to a part time service. The loss of the old breadth of channels is serious. It used to be that Foxtel offered something for everyone but that is no longer the case. Like the high street department stores, they are fast losing business to niche market providers. Foxtel will eventually close down unless they significantly improve their game. Will the Foxtel directors ever wake up?

Cricket commentry

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Could someone please tell Shane Warne to stop being so bombastic and egotistical, commentating on every facet of the cricket and continually interrupting the flow. Having watched, played cricket for 60years, I believe that I have an excellent knowledge of the game.
He, Warne, talks over every commentator, sits in the middle of three people and appears to dominate discussions, ignoring the female member and regaling in being the centre of attention..
Can someone just please ask him to let the watcher make their own judgements, without him continually recalling his successes. I have been turning the commentary off or switching to Channel 7, when be struts on.

Verified Customer

Outdated customer service that is well behind the competition

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Foxtel continues to be a difficult company to deal with via customer support services. Every time I phone (maybe one a year) I am surprised by how difficult a simple request is. Most other companies offer the same services online and can be completed within minutes, with foxtel I always end up on the phone for an hour minimum. Tonight I was put on hold after explaining my request and somehow sent back to questions, having a to explain my predicament all over again and after another 45 mins then told to phone back during work hours (which I cannot as I am at work myself). Just need a simple answer and it becomes a marathon mission. Will be ceasing all foxtel services as soon as possible.

appriataed your help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

I was talking with one of the Technion one minutes ago his name was Rommel
he was patient and helpful
after chatting with the other Technion and they made me confused and angry I talk with Rommel and he was perfect
Mojgan

Addfest

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I have subscribed to Foxtel for many years and the number of adds that have invaded my pay tv makes me inclined to think the steady rise in the monthly fees no longer cover the cost of what was once a relatively add free service. Constant set freezes and the inability of the service to even come close to their programme start and finish times makes it impossible to record programs without allowing extra recording time before and after the scheduled times to make sure you get the complete programme. I wonder if the reason is because of all the adds??? Beginning to wonder if Foxtel is value for money. I still have an IQ Box 2 and from the reviews I have read I don't think it is worth upgrading.

Nothing like looking after existing customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

The following is a record of your online chat.
General Info
Chat start time Mon, 10 Dec 2018 12:01:58 +1100 GMT
Chat end time Mon, 10 Dec 2018 12:36:12 +1100 GMT
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:34:14
Operator Marcus

Chat Transcript
Info: Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.
Info: Hello, welcome to Foxtel! My name is Harry, may I have your name please?
Info:
Harry: Hi Anthony
Harry: How are you?
You: Fine
Harry: Awesome, how can I assist you today?
You: I am trying to sign up to Foxtel and it said I needed to talk to you
Harry: Okay please can you confirm your fulladdress
Anthony: ###
Harry: Thank you.i will have a look into your address.
Harry: Okay Anthony there seems to be an active account at this address now as per foxtel rules and regulations on signing customer with 2 accounts at one address we have to conduct a check on your full details to see if they match the active account or not, is that okay?
You: I have cancelledthe account because they would not provide the offer on your website
Harry: Okay when you did the disconnection did they inform you on when your disconnection would take place?
You: No
Harry: I can check this for you if you do not mind?
You: That’s fine
Harry: Okay before we begin though I'll just need to confirm your full name and address (incl postcode) as they appear on your account and your date of birth?
You: Anthony
Harry: Thank you, i won't be long as i pull up your account and check on the disconnection date.
Harry: Okay from my check on the account your disconnection date is on your next bill date which is the 14th .
You: So can I place order before the 14th
Harry: No you would need to place the order after your disconnection date.
You: Can you change the disconnection date and provide refund for remaining days
Harry: No worries what i will do is transfer you to our disconnection team and they may be able to assist you more on this is that okay?
You: Sure
Info: Please wait while your chat is transferred to the appropriate group.
Info: Hello, welcome to Foxtel! My name is Marcus, may I have your name please?
Info:
You: Anthony
Marcus: Welcome to Foxtel, you're chatting with Marcus, how can I assist you with your order today?
You: Do you not have access to this thread
You: I got transferred From somebody else
Marcus: Hi there Anthony, yes i have read through the chat. The disconnection is set for the 14th of December. You cannot sign up until disconnection is placed then wait 30 days before resigning up again
You: Nobody ever mentioned that even if signed up under my partners name do you really want to lose a customer
Marcus: The disconnection was placed earlier when you called in already
You: Yes
Marcus: So i am unable to change that
Marcus: They did give you an offer which you refused according to the notes
Marcus: I haven't heard from you for a while. Is there anything else that I can help you with?
You: They would not provide the same offer that was available to new customers on you website and as I have cancelled my service I am now a new customer. There was never any mention of 30 days before I signed up again and am right in assuming the cancellation would be effective as of today
Marcus: I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused but thats the Foxtel business rules
You: So why cannot someone different sign up to this address
Marcus: Because it has not been 30 days yet
You: So if someone new moved into this address they cannot sign up for 30 days?
Marcus: Yes
You: Ok can you please have a senior manager call me
Marcus: We unable to because we only available on chat. You can request a call back on the link below

AN hour and a half all because they won’t provide the same offers to their existing customers and new customers. I will not be renewing at all.

Scam Free Trial nothing to pay

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Foxtel rang me multiple times offering free trial for 1 month, nothing to pay and no contracts they said. The first response I gave them was I am not interested. But then again I received another call saying that they'll offer me 2 months free trial nothing to pay and no contracts blah blah blah. So yeah, I then said okay I give it a go and reemphasize to them that I am being offered a Foxtel free trial for two months NOTHING TO PAY. Free means nothing to pay right? The next day after installation, I am billed with 125aud for IQ4 set-up fee??? WTH. Called them and asked about the 2 months free trial and they said "it's only for 1 month". WTH again. Don't fall into the same trap.

repeats

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Why do we have to watch repeats after repeats. I don't have a problem paying for this service but I do have a problem watching repeats.

OMG

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Absolutely ridiculous, worst service than Dodo and that's saying something!!!! A a a a a a a a a a

Gold Coast

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

BOYCOTT Foxtel - Faithful Customers are Treated Like Crap!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Have been with Foxtel for almost 6 years and over the past year the service offering has been reduced, but monthly fees increased. I jumped online and saw they were offering new customers a far better deal than what I was on including free iQ4 upgrade and no lock in contracts. I called them and asked that I be offered the same deal, especially for being with them for so long. They said they can't offer me this deal and the best they could do was a small discount on monthly package but I had to pay for the iQ4box including a fee for technician to install.

I said, "let me get this straight, you will offer a person off the street a package deal that is far better than what you can offer me as your loyal faithful customer for almost 6 years", they said sorry we can't offer those deals to existing customers. Incredibly frustrating and disappointing that faithful customers get ripped off. What company offers new customers promotions that they won't extend to existing loyal customers? They have seriously got their offering backwards! So, I disconnected! Tired of being ripped off and not valued. Hopefully, more people decide to stand up and BOYCOTT Foxtel. They continue to treat existing customers far worse than new customers.

So all new customers reading this review, you might get a great deal today, but like all other long term customers, they will eventually find a way to claw back the deal and make you pay for it over tenfold.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

To many adds not worth paying for

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

To many adds one time there was ten adds in one break just not worth the money free to air the same Foxtel you are trash

WAY TOO EXPENSIVE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

we had the platinum pack with two boxes in the house and we’re paying 170 bux like fools so decided to downgrade but since downgrading has cause us nothing but issues and they have cut more channels then what was initially agreed too so time has come to completely cancel with you ..you are way overpriced and have built a system where you can’t pick and choose single channels so you scam people into buying whole packages to squeeze more coin out of your customers..thank god for netflix

iQ

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2018

i have subscribed to Foxtel for a few years and it has worked well. Recently contacted them for advice about something and was told I needed to update to an IQ Box 2. Had to wait a week for the technician. Had to wait most of the day for him to arrive “ between 10am and 2pm “, he arrived at 1.50pm and took more than an hour to install the new box. That was a week ago. Ever since then the Foxtel Service has been useless. It cuts out and the screen shows “ unsupported “ and now “ no signal “. Calls to Foxtel asking for technical assistance have been completely frustrating and of no assistance. i’m now told that it will take a week to get a technician on site to fix the problem they created. I don’t have the time to wait all day one day next week, for a technician.
I courteously asked for my call to Foxtel to be transferred to a Supervisor and after holding on line was told that the Supervisor was on another call. So I asked if the Supervisor could call me, was assured that would happen so gave them my contact number again and six hours later I’m still waiting.
The service is appallingly bad.

SURFERS PARADISE

• 7 comments
  • 2 answers

Foxtel MISINFORMATION

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I just spoke with a Foxtel technician in an attempt to rectify a problem with receiving the ABC news Chanel.
I was told that it’s a problem with the ABC I explained that I have 2 set top boxes and I can get it on 1 but not the other.
The brilliant technician said oh that’s because the ABC signal isn’t strong enough.
I told him that the set top boxes are on the same aerial system.
He said I suggest you cancel your subscription.
What a great help.

• 1 review

Had enough

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

I have got in touch with you so many times and I still have an issue with the the recording of a program or if I change a channel it makes me reboot the channel I have had enough I can’t get any answers I’m over it as I’m always rebooting ...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Hawks Nest

• 1 comment
  • 2 questions
  • 1 answer

Dsiappointing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Purchased foxtel with sport and entertainment, only to discover that the sport coverage I want I cannot watch. One example is the golf this week in melbourne, I have to watch this on chanel 9. I have to wonder if it is really worth the money or I might just as well watch free tv.

Brisbane

Upgrade to iq4 disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

The iq4 box is faster than the iq3 box. So scrolling through the menus is quicker (which it needed to be) however...
1. Do not series link cricket. I just want to watch the NZ cricket series, but instead I get all worldwide cricket games including repeats. The reason why this is crap is you will get recording clash’s when you series link so you will miss the games you want to watch. So series link does not work as it should.
2. Rewind is half speed not 2x. Another software bug.
3. When you record anything live such as cricket or rugby you will need to edit the recording so it records 30 mins before and after the programme times otherwise it is likely you will miss part of the game. When I have rang Foxtel to complain all they want to do is send a tech out I explain there is nothing wrong with my box it is a problem with your scheduling. They don’t care and don’t listen. When I ask them how would you feel if you missed the last 5 mins of a 80 min game the apologies even not knowing what rugby is!!

The call centre I am sorry is in another country who have nothing in common with Foxtel customers in Australia.

Here is some feedback to Foxtel management. Stop your requests for feedback, and use common sense to run your business. Try and understand why you are loosing market share and have so many irate upset customers and instead employ staff who can look to tighten customer satisfaction without increasing costs. You have a market where people want to pay a premium for a service. Respect this and engineers solutions accordingly. Service goes a long way these days and unfortunately having your customer service team overseas who have no idea what you are talking about is clearly not working for you. You have made a decision to put your energy into training staff to do everything they can to stop customers cancelling service. Do you think this is how you can be successful?

Whilst iq4 is faster than iq3 it is full of bugs. And as an IT savvy customer I find the series programming useless, god knows how the older generation can handle this?

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Absolute rip off we have had for 18 years this year the worst ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

The introduction of advertising was detrimental if it was to buy new programmes if would have been more acceptable but no - repeats, repeats and more repeats and advertising throughout the programmes the advertising is 50% of the programme when you are paying for this service it is wrong. We keep cutting down our subscription as more other choices are coming on the market so much cheaper and no advertising.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

Too expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

$58 is too expensive for sports. $10 is extra for HD but its not true HD its 1080i not 1080p. I cancelled IQ3 for Kayo Sports its much better you get Fox Sports ESPN Bein sports for $25 with free HD.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes