Paying for premium TV yet getting more ads than love TV

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Foxtel is on it's way to bankruptcy, why the hell would I pay to see ads every 5 minutes?

Netflix people, Netflix.

cancelled Foxtel

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Sports is expensive they should have NHL but they dont so I cancelled. I don't care about Cricket or 4K. I can get NFL UFC NBA on fetch TV for $6. I don't need to pay $58 if they don't have what I want.

This is perfect

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Yep, cancelled today, 11 years loyal customer. It's kinda sad how they treat customers.
Now I have way more content for 1/4 of the cost and IT JUST WORKS. Oh my life just got better, thank you Foxtel you have opened my eyes.

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Pay for ads these days

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Subscribed to this 10 years ago for no ads, how times have changed now has more ads than free to air and still offer no free upgrades. Absolute rip off go with Netflix for 1/8 price & better no ad programs.

theaussienut@gmail.com

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 16 helpful votes

Who else has a brilliant 1.5 star rating ? shows how pathetic they really are

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

For the price they want you can have 4 stream sites with no adds.
Part of Telstra so what else do you expect... Telstra taught, pathetic rude overseas service with a cocky attitude, over the top prices & simpletons that are to busy licking the mirrors clean because they cant tell the difference between a fly chit & a pimple on there backside.
The jargon I went threw to disconnect and the lies are 2nd to none, apparently I'm to blame for not resetting an automated date on there system and still have access to a deleted account, now how stupid are they to think ill fall for that rubbish,
Hands down the most pathetic effort I've ever came across, kids in the pre schools have more intelligence than this mob.

Brisbane

A waste of MONEY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

4K box is a waste of money, $125 to install for just one channel which just keeps on repeating. Until there’s more channels it’s a waste of time and money very disappointing!!!!!!

Just terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

If you want to pay and get a service, then Foxtel is absolutely not one of them. Their support is just pathetic. They dont have a customer care. Keep charging your credit card.

pls look at our people reviews.

• 8 helpful votes

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

my foxtel remote has been playing up for months. keeps telling me i need to change batteries even after changing them several times. feed up i rang them, told them my problem and was given some stupid drivel about taking the batteries out and refitting them, resetting the set top box and all would be well. all things i had already done. i am then told she be right let us know again if it happens anymore. this happens up to a dozen times a day some days. i said this was not acceptable . i was then told a note would be added to my file and to ring them again and they would send out a replacement. i said i had put up with it long enough but they just kept repeating the " note would be added " line. i have been a customer since foxtel first began and it is too much to get a replacement remote! they are an arrogant non caring company that deserves to go under. PLEASE stay away from them!

Private message

Once was good but now is crap

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Having been a subscriber to Foxtel for many years, I have come to the point that the garbage they are putting up, and the constant repeats of programmes that were broadcast 5 years ago are still being repeated in their entertainment package. I am really only interested in Sports however to get this I am forced to take the starter package which is full of repeats.
The other issue I have is with live sports programmes that are scheduled for a designated time and then aren't shown at that time, or not at all. It happens quite often and with no explanation.
On top of that Foxtel have the audacity to put my subscription up by $3 per month because they say they are delivering such great content and service.
Well Foxtel management, for under $10 per month (a sixth of the cost of your product) I now have Netflix. It has far more diversity in its content, no box rental, no installation fees AND no repeats.
I will be cancelling my subscription with you. Until Foxtel management realise that we don't wish to pay for programmes we don't want, programmes we have seen multiple times or sport that we want to watch but can't see due to scheduling stuff ups, then you will no longer have our support.

Foxtel Now app not available

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Foxtel convinced me.to sign up for Foxtel Now, because my cabling in my new house can't support a cable IQ version of Foxtel. They said it could be loaded onto 5 devices. What they didnt say is that no current 2018 smart tv can have Foxtel apps like Now or Foxtel Play on it, unless you also buy the Now box ( my tv is a 2018 43 inch Sony). This seems to be a simple case of false advertising. Why don't they just tell you that you can buy the package but it can't be loaded on current tv's? When you ask Foxtel about this they say they aren't aware of the situation (ha ha!!). But the retailers will tell you if you ask them. They know more about Foxtel than Foxtel does!!!

• 3 helpful votes

Terrible Company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Been with Foxtel for years but moved interstate so I had to sign up again and start as a new customer as coldly pointed out by the person I spoke with from Foxtel. Meaning no discount or special packages for me. Fine, so unfair but I can live with that.

I signed up for Entertainment , entertainment plus and movies for $56 and an additional $10 for HD because of the movies and the 4k channel that was gonna start this October. So all in all, my plan is $66/month which is really too pricey .They said 4k channel was gonna be part of my hd package. Frankly, I don't understand why we have to pay $10 to get some hd channels when if you subscribe to netflix or stan, everything is hd and some 4k as part of your package for as little as $11/month.

But anyway, today I tried to watch Channel 444 which is their only 4k channel but it wouldn't let me. It says on my screen that I need to upgrade. What the? So my partner rang them and was told that I need to either subscribe to Platinum HD channel which is $120 something per month or at least add sports package which is $20 plus something per month to get that one 4k channel. I don't watch sports so why do I have to subscribe to that for just 1 4k channel. It is beyond ridiculous. And to begin with, when I signed up last month for an additional $10/month for hd I was told that 4k would be part of it. This is completely highway robbery. Not fair and should be reported to fair trading.

It's about time that someone steps in and stop this very gross and unfair trading. I am with Foxtel because I love their movies. They are A grade movies and I really don't mind paying extra for it but to be forced to add more packages so that I can have one 4k channel and pay for something that I don't really need or watch ,when it was promised to be a part of my hd package to start with... That is not on.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

too expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

been with foxtel for 15 years and had two boxes, only watch sport. the product is ridiculously expensive relative to the competition, their customer service is hopeless,,,,,took me four calls to cancel.....they attempt to retain you and will lower prices , my current package suddenly came down to $53 as i was canceling - prev $80, just wanted to get out ........this company and its business model are heading for bankruptcy if they continue to hold onto their 2005 pricing

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Why do I pay for something I don’t want.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

I joined Netflix for Movies & Docs, I get what I want. On Foxtel I pay for sports programs I never watch, does not sound right. Why would someone pay for a show they have NO interest in? I cancelled my Foxtel as I’m not paying for something other people want to watch.

I believe Foxtel will become more costly every year as many and more clients more away to Netflix & Stan.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Foxtel Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I have had Foxtel for 15years. 3weeks ago my Foxtel wasn’t working. I live in a 3storey building. I have had two contractors attend my premises only to be told they only service 2 storeys. Contacted Foxtel they said this is correct as they have to go on roof to fix satellite dish. Foxtel said if I want repaired it would be at my own expense and to arrange my own contractors.So I pay Foxtel monthly, they install my dish on 3 storey, and then they want me to service it.My neighbour had the same problem as we share the same dish. We ended up paying an antenna company who had to replace the multi switch as it was filled with water and fix the cables. The cost was $300. Foxtel told me they won’t reimburse me. They only credited my account for the 20 days it wasn’t working.

Robbery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Repeat..adds.Repeat. adds.Repeat.adds
I enjoy everbody loves raymond but still being repeated after 9 years of living in Australia
Cancelled better options now available

Private message

The worst decision of my damn life.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Called up foxtel to enquire and we were told the would wave the set up fee and a month later we have a bill of just over $700. Rang then and said that we were told the set up fee would be waved and to be told sorry you have to pay and it doesn't matter what we were offered, we still have to pay.

DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT go with foxtel or trust them, they say one thing and all of a sudden have random big bills. At first we were told that first month was free, nope that was a lie we had to pay. And now a set up fee that was supposed to be waved. Absolutely disappointed with everything, channels play the same things over and over, worst customer service. There is absolutely nothing good about foxtel. 1 star is too many to even rate it.

Foxtel Go - Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

I have unsuccessfully tried to set up a Foxtel ID for Foxtel Go. The error message I get is "This Foxtel ID already exists". The Foxtel customer service (in relation to my trying to sort out this issue) has been very poor, to say the least. The first Foxtel customer service rep I spoke to was not able to sort out the issue and basically dumped my phone call on 24/09/2018. The second rep on 24/09/2018 promised to call me back the next day after not being able to sort out the problem. I was also promised that the issue would be sorted out and I would receive a phone call in 48 hours--no one called me. Today (28/09/2018) I phoned again and was told that I would be called back in 24 to 48 hours. Following that on the same call I was told that no one would call me back (by phone) but that instead Foxtel would send me an email when the issue is resolved-- I simply no longer believe Foxtel. My advice is to seriously consider using a Foxtel product or service. Perhaps, try Netflix, Stan or or some other entertainment product. In a nutshell, buyer beware!! Unfortunately in my view Foxtel does not know what customer service is about.

Newcastle

I agree with Dan

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Foxtel is hopeless..... too many adds ...... too many repeats..... grouping of channels forces you to buy extra packages........ most channels contain rubbish programs......too much Paul Murray not enough Janine Perrat at prime times..... too many people being interviewed at the same time..... people talking over other people
Foxtel should allow the purchaser to select the channels that person wants to watch rather than having to pay for channel of non interest

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not able to fix their mistakes.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

Told my broadband was unlimited, turns out its not and nobody from foxtel knows why. Spent 40 minutes on the phone, was told that something is wrong with my account but no one was able to resolve it.

Foxtel Outages

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

So, finals season. You buy a big HD TV to watch your team play. CHECK. You have FOXTEL, a must because as they say "Ad Free, Siren to Siren, HD" CHECK. Only the Tuesday before the first final you have no signal. No email, no text. What's going on?
You use their website for an answer, it gives you a link to Telstra. No explanation. You call up. They answer, they tell you to troubleshoot, which you have already done numerous times. You explain there maybe an outage? Your dismissed. They then want to book a technician at your cost. You say no. You then point out that the Telstra link is working and that there is an outage. They say it's noted and then try and sell you a Platinum package. You politely hang up.
This has been going on for two weeks. I live less than a kilometre from Fox Sports H.Q. Without doubt it is the most pathetic customer experience from any major Australian company. I had a bad time with Australia Post,but they are a German insurance company compared to this mob.
I have been told that we will be systems go by 7pm tomorrow. I doubt it.

1 of 71 pages