Filter By:

No frills policy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I transferred to Frank from NIB who I found too expensive for the basics I was receiving. Frank made it extremely simple to both transfer and make claims. Their website is seems a tad outdated and 'laggy', but otherwise everything is great.

Gold Coast

• 1 answer

Very Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I was sold this insurance as it was supposed to be the same as our old insurance but cheaper.
As most of us would do, I switched.
There is extras in this insurance but nothing that would be useful or that we have ever used.
I had an operation and found out Frank wouldn’t pay as it wasn’t due to an accident but it was an accident along time ago (the doctor that I had has retired and not sure where he is for reports for Frank, and the hospital doesn’t have the old paper records) I have been living with it for 30 years and thought I have too get it fixed. I was under the impression it was covered but unfortunately it cost me a lot of money.
I can only suggest you read all the fine print, unfortunately for me and my family, we are just time poor too sit down and understand all the jargon.
My Fathers wise words, Insurance is all good too have until you go too claim.

Sydney, NSW

• 2 answers

Cheapest to avoid Medicare Levy Surcharge

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

Probably not great value, but what health insurance policy is?? Especially as every year health insurance goes up way beyond the cost of inflation and is now almost unaffordable. I have never used this policy to make a claim, the only reason I keep it is because it is the cheapest one to avoid a levy surcharge. Policy is relatively easy to set up, everything was done online. Customer support seems Ok and they have the webchat thing too if you get stuck.

Ballarat

Would recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I have been with Frank for almost 2 years now and have made several hassle free claims. Other policies I have had have included all sorts of things that I haven't needed covered but with Frank I just get the main things I need at an affordable price.

Tewantin

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

RUBBISH POLICY, BASIC HEALTH INSURANCE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

You only find out if the policy is any good or not when you make a claim.
Policy was easy to set up on their website.
Answers can be a little confusing, like Question, will I have to wait in the public waiting queue to be seen. Answer, we have not known anyone to have to wait, but we can't guarantee it. Somewhere on the site in small print, you get in the queue.
FRANK Basic= public hospital, public ward, your choice of Dr./surgeon,no waiting.Thats what your told.
MEDICARE= public hospital, public ward, no choice in Dr/surgeon, get on the waiting list. Already paid for by your Medicare levy.
FRANK=basic, WHAT YOU GET, public hospital, public ward, no choice of Dr/surgeon, get on the waiting list.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Keith, Our Basic covers are just that, basic and cheaper cover for members who don’t want private hospital accommodation cover. Frank doesn’t want to disappoint anyone and makes every effort to... read more »

My surgeon operates in public hospitals, I chose a hospital that I knew he operated in, but was told it would be highly unlikely if I got him as it is up to the hospital to roster the surgeons on, not the individual surgeons choice of roster.

• 1 answer
Private message

Amazing extras, unhappy with Hospital!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

I absolutely love my Frank extras coverage, I’m on the highest coverage and max out most categories. Unfortunately I am unhappy with their hospital coverage, I went to get an estimate for a surgery and was told although all other related types of surgeries were covered by my policy the one I needed wasn’t. I’ve kept my policy for extras with Frank and moved to RT health for my hospital coverage.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Katie,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank!
Sorry to hear that your chosen level of Frank hospital cover was not suitable for your needs but it's great to hear that you are happy with your extras coverage.
Melissa - Team Frank

• 8 helpful votes

Freeze Hospital Cover Enquiries

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

I have recently decided to freeze my basic Hospital Cover which has been part of a combo with a 80% some extras cover, and I contacted Frank through their internal website mail to confirm if that is ok or not. If that is O.K, I asked them to stop deducting from my bank account. To my surprise, they have not responded for more than 8 days. What is going on? I now have decided to cancel my membership with them all together. They do not deserve a 4.5 stars rating. Money talks!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Khoa, Thank you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your recent Frank experience and can confirm this is certainly not the experience we want for our member... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Extremely poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Very deceiving when you see the green tick on ambulance service you think you are covered but apparently NOT I need to join ambulance and they pay you back the joining fees. No other health fund does this except Frank. Very poor and deceiving on their behalf. Very unhappy customer that will not remain with this provider.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Bill, Thank you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Frank do make every effort to ensure all information on your chosen level of cover is available in your Welcome documentation.... read more »

Sydney Aust, NSW

Massage Massage Massage great 400 allowance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

I just renewed with Frank very happy with their service and the allowable amount for massages that I need regularly.
Easy online updated infomation when required.
Basic extras great for me 2 pairs of glasses a year, 2 teeth clean and several massages

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Bubblym,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank!
Its great to hear that you've happy with your Frank Cover.
Melissa - Team Frank

Very poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Not good value, the most popular response from their phone centre is i'm so sorry legislation doesn't allow us to cover that. the main reason i went with this was for optical and in 18 months they have allowed me to claim back $120

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi SW500,Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear your chosen level of cover did not include benefits for your recent claim. I can confirm that Frank make every effort to ensure al... read more »

Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi SW5000, Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear your chosen level of cover did not include benefits for your recent claim. I can confirm that Frank make every effort to ensure a... read more »

Frank is not very Frank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Could not believe that when I lodged a claim for a surgery, I was told I was not covered for theatre fees which is the basis of any surgery I was told that I was not covered for it. I have checked the website and I still could not find any information about not being covered for theatre.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jin, Health insurance can be confusing, which is why we always recommend contacting Frank before any hospital admission so that we can explain how your cover works and what you can expect to pay... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

It's not a good choice to go with frank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I will give you 0 rating as one customers support says you eligible for claim and other say you are not so whom to believe I would rather go with other insurance just stuck with this insurance company

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jimmy, We'd like to make sure that you have the correct policy information for the product that you're on. If you would like us to follow up this further, please private message management@frank... read more »

Verified Customer

this was by far one of best value Health insurance choices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

recently changed to Frank HI from NIB due to annual increment from NIB was not acceptable.So far the customer service was quite good and they keep try to explain those complicated policy in simple way.
As result, on monthly, I saved $60 per month for better family level cover (Extra+Hospital).
For extra, Compare to NIB, pretty much covered similar options with slight less annual limits
For Hospital, far more better in medium level compare to basic hospital cover from NIB (of which was told useless from broker)
Overall, claim process also easy to follow(claim on spot) and customer service was very good.
To be Frank, please keep the level of service so that you will add one more loyal customer.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi James,
Thanks for the review! At Frank, we try and keep things simple and affordable so its great to hear that you've been happy with your experience to date.
Christina - Team Frank

Further to my initial review, I would like to give 3/5 stars now since Frank had unique complicated policy under dental (Between General and Major) catagory which won't be able to offer benefit to ... read more »

Sydney

Private message

Don't USE Frank Health Insurance!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I called up to use Franks policy for tax purposes. This was explained on the call as I'm on a 457 visa. I was informed that I had to have the policy due to being on a 457 visa, this isn't correct. I'm a British Citizen and have Medicare. You only need the insurance when you first enter Australia.

However due to tax purposes I was keen to keep the policy but wanted to ensure it was sufficient when making a tax return. I was told that this was the minimum that I would need. So I decided to stick with the policy I was on.

It now turns out that the policy wasn't sufficient so I've been paying them for nothing for over a year! hence, I would avoid Frank all together when considering health insurance.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi JMC, Whilst we're disappointed to see that you have been frustrated with Frank, we appreciate you taking the time to identify your issue. Whilst you may have sought out alternative cover sin... read more »

Perth

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Read the fine print when you claim with Frank health insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I had been with Frank for about a year and thought they were v good insurance for the good price per month, the insurance i had was basic with some private.
Now you'd think I'd be covered for most illnesses even though I was on a relatively lowish cover, but I was soon to discover that it was far from the truth.
I had discovered I had a certain form of cancer, of course it was a shock, went to the docs, and referred to a specialist which was ok, but when it came to the having the op I found I was not covered for cancer in any shape or form.

I definitely was not cover for any operation theatre or anaesthesia or operation room or doctors fee, basically nothing apart from a private room in a public hospital, oh also the excess was $500 which I was happy to pay, but the max Frank health insurance was going to pay towards the procedure once I had paid the excess was $125 for all my doc and specialist were astounded at the incompetence if this, so I opted to go public as this was the only option I had left, no complaints with this system as I had amazing care and are still having amazing care which makes me wonder why I bother with crappy private health care like Frank.

The staff at Frank however were quite useless, great with the info of what I apparently wasn't covered for and told that it was all in the fine print, so be careful folks this company says it's good but apparently it's not.

It's a shame that now I am forced to wait another year for the coverage i need with another company, thanks to the fine print at Frank's health insurance, but for a few dollars more I get a hell of a lot more ..... Be care to make know what you're covered for on your health insurance folks it may just save your life.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Nick, We're sorry that the level of cover that you joined Frank on wasn't appropriate for the serious health issues that you unexpectedly faced. We understand that health insurance can be ... read more »

Reasonable OVHC insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

It is a very good value policy and easy to set up. If you have any problems, the customer support will try their best to help you sort out the issues.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Cynthia,

Great, Caring Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Very happy with the customer service. Kimberley Dubberley spend a considerable amount of time answering and explaining all my questions. A lot of other agents from other companies display a sense of urgency when dealing with so this was a really pleasant customer experience. These guys show a lot of genuine care when dealing with. Thanks Shar & Tosh

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Shar & Tosh, At Frank, we know that Health Insurance can be complicated. That's why we'll spend as much time as you need to make sure you're on the right product and getting the best value from ... read more »

Verified Customer

Cheapest but only to avoid levy surcharge

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Don't feel it is a good value as I never used it since I joined them 4 years ago, the only reason I keep it is because it is the cheapest one to avoid a levy surcharge.
Policy is relatively easy to set up, everything was done online so I don't experience any hustle.
No comments to the customer support as I never used it, the only thing delights me is that I can get a discount for the Mt Buller SKI day pass when I'm a Frank Health member.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

HI Shinshin,
Thanks for taking the time to add a Frank review.
That's the thing about hospital insurance, you hope you never have to use it, but in the event you do it's nice to know you have it.
Here's to ongoing great health!

Arrears with no warning

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

The policy was very easy to set up and at first I thought it was good value, until my credit card expired. The service was rejected as I had forgotten to update Frank with my new card details. I did so and was assured all was well. The next month, I noticed that no money had come off of my account. I called and was assured there were no issues. The same issue happened a month later. I assured them that if my bill was being paid, it wasn't by me and that they should investigate. Again, they assured me there was no issue and passed me on. Come the third repeat of this issue, I have just got off of the chat line with them to discover that I am in arrears of 3 months and that they 'informed me.' They did no such thing. I would argue the opposite actually, they assured me there were no issues. Given my visa status, I can be deported after being in arrears for 2 months. The fact that this was brought to their attention 3 times and that nothing happened makes me feel that Frank do not care for their customers at all, they are not concerned about fraudulent activity, they only care if they see money in their account.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Lozzo, We're extremely disappointed to hear about your experience. You were proactively managing your membership payments and unfortunately due to an error on our part, have been negatively affe... read more »

Northcote

generous subscription.
low cost.
easiest I've ever used.
Parent company is GMHBA.

Cheers frank peeps, well put together, best alternative out there by a long long way

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Giles!
Thanks for the great overall summary of why Frank works for you.

1 of 14 pages