Filter By:

Reasonable OVHC insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

It is a very good value policy and easy to set up. If you have any problems, the customer support will try their best to help you sort out the issues.

• 1 comment

Great, Caring Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Very happy with the customer service. Kimberley Dubberley spend a considerable amount of time answering and explaining all my questions. A lot of other agents from other companies display a sense of urgency when dealing with so this was a really pleasant customer experience. These guys show a lot of genuine care when dealing with. Thanks Shar & Tosh

Verified Purchase

Cheapest but only to avoid levy surcharge

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Don't feel it is a good value as I never used it since I joined them 4 years ago, the only reason I keep it is because it is the cheapest one to avoid a levy surcharge.
Policy is relatively easy to set up, everything was done online so I don't experience any hustle.
No comments to the customer support as I never used it, the only thing delights me is that I can get a discount for the Mt Buller SKI day pass when I'm a Frank Health member.

Arrears with no warning

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

The policy was very easy to set up and at first I thought it was good value, until my credit card expired. The service was rejected as I had forgotten to update Frank with my new card details. I did so and was assured all was well. The next month, I noticed that no money had come off of my account. I called and was assured there were no issues. The same issue happened a month later. I assured them that if my bill was being paid, it wasn't by me and that they should investigate. Again, they assured me there was no issue and passed me on. Come the third repeat of this issue, I have just got off of the chat line with them to discover that I am in arrears of 3 months and that they 'informed me.' They did no such thing. I would argue the opposite actually, they assured me there were no issues. Given my visa status, I can be deported after being in arrears for 2 months. The fact that this was brought to their attention 3 times and that nothing happened makes me feel that Frank do not care for their customers at all, they are not concerned about fraudulent activity, they only care if they see money in their account.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Lozzo, We're extremely disappointed to hear about your experience. You were proactively managing your membership payments and unfortunately due to an error on our part, have been negatively affe... read more »

Northcote

generous subscription.
low cost.
easiest I've ever used.
Parent company is GMHBA.

Cheers frank peeps, well put together, best alternative out there by a long long way

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Giles!
Thanks for the great overall summary of why Frank works for you.
Christina - Team Frank

Simple, affordable, great cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Good value, easy to understand terms and always know how much I'm getting back- 50% or 80%, not this '$25 for first consultation and then $16.50 thereafter' and different rates for different services. It's always the same until you run out. Always helpful staff and love the little jokes they insert here and there. It's easy to change my policy to get more cover or less, when I want to.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Julianne, thanks for the review! Percentage back on extras is just one way we try and make things simple for members.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

easy and simple

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

Frank is an amazing health insurer.
It was by far offered the best value for money. Claims are easy and fast to process. When there are any question there services either via phone, email or online chat a very responsive.
I had to cancel due to my financial circumstance and the cancellation process was so easy!
I highly recommend Frank health insurance to anyone looking for an simply and easy cover that provides good value for money.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jal, we appreciate you taking the time to give Frank 5 stars! We look forward to helping you find a cover that suits once your circumstances change.
Christina, Team Frank

I connected to the webchat to get some questions answered. Courtney was very helpful and prompt and

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

This was really easy to do and the response was quick. It was real time. If the health insurance is as good as the call centre, we'll be very happy..

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Harvo, thanks for the review! Web chat is the go to channel if you have a few questions you're looking to have answered quickly.

Online service

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

It was fast and convenient just to chat. All my questions were answered without being placed on hold. So far, I haven't had any problems with claims and have had better returns than BUPA!
Thanks!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Adri! We're happy to hear you've seen better returns after your switch to Frank!
Christina, Team Frank

very fast service - love the online chat

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

This is not an overall review of the health fund, but just the online chat service, who resolved my query very quickly. So much faster than sitting 'on hold' listening to terrible music

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Blue Mimi! We have to agree that using web chat is quick and easy, but don't be worried about terrible music if you do have to pick up the phone. At Frank, we know nobody likes boring on hol... read more »

No wait time and my question answered clearly in minutes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Awesome service! Was enquiring about swapping to over from one of the big names and the service Emma provided was quick and clear and outstanding - definitely my decision to swap easy. Thanks!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for giving Frank 5 stars Steph! Fantastic to hear that Emma was able to make the experience easy for you. We'll definitely pass on your feedback

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Insurance claim made

Fast response, great service, friendly staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

I had private health insurance provided by my company and have been through some of the big names such as NIB, and GU Insurance. Now that I left them I had too look for my own so I've signed up with Frank because they were good value after lengthy research over Internet. Was little weary at first because I never heard of them but soon realised it was the best decision I could possibly have over countless insurers out there. I've joined 8 months ago and unfortunately had to make some hospital claims (twice) and the preexisting condition process was really quick and every time I called you get wonderful friendly staff and was never on hold for more than 5 minutes. Long story cut short; great value cover, fast claim process, wonderful online website easy to navigate, friendly staff (looks like they are local here not some offshore call centre), and hardly any wait time on the phone when calling them. This sounds too goo to be true? Well speaking from experience! Well done Frank and I think I'll be with you for looooooooong time :)

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Pete! Sorry to hear that you've had a couple of hospital trips this year, but it's great to hear that we could help you get through them quick and easy - Christina @ Team Frank

1 of 22 pages

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form
Christina

I've a specific colorectal health concern. I would like to know if your Better Hospital (no Co-Payment) product covers Medicare item numbers from 32000 to 32221? Thanks.

Peter P asked on May 28, 2017

Hi Peter,
Thanks for getting in touch with Frank.
I can confirm that 'Better Hospital (no-Co-payment)' does not exclude the items you've referenced.
As always, standard waiting periods ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/waiting-periods ) and pre-existing condition rules ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/pre-existing-conditions ) would apply.
If you want to find out more about the cover or waiting periods, jump on a web chat with one of our team https://webchat.memberarea.com.au/Frank/WebChat.html and they'll be able to give you all the details.
Christina - Team Frank