Filter By:

Verified Customer

It's not a good choice to go with frank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I will give you 0 rating as one customers support says you eligible for claim and other say you are not so whom to believe I would rather go with other insurance just stuck with this insurance company

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jimmy, We'd like to make sure that you have the correct policy information for the product that you're on. If you would like us to follow up this further, please private message [email protected] read more »

Don't USE Frank Health Insurance!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I called up to use Franks policy for tax purposes. This was explained on the call as I'm on a 457 visa. I was informed that I had to have the policy due to being on a 457 visa, this isn't correct. I'm a British Citizen and have Medicare. You only need the insurance when you first enter Australia.

However due to tax purposes I was keen to keep the policy but wanted to ensure it was sufficient when making a tax return. I was told that this was the minimum that I would need. So I decided to stick with the policy I was on.

It now turns out that the policy wasn't sufficient so I've been paying them for nothing for over a year! hence, I would avoid Frank all together when considering health insurance.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi JMC, Whilst we're disappointed to see that you have been frustrated with Frank, we appreciate you taking the time to identify your issue. Whilst you may have sought out alternative cover sin... read more »

Perth

Private message

Read the fine print when you claim with Frank health insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I had been with Frank for about a year and thought they were v good insurance for the good price per month, the insurance i had was basic with some private.
Now you'd think I'd be covered for most illnesses even though I was on a relatively lowish cover, but I was soon to discover that it was far from the truth.
I had discovered I had a certain form of cancer, of course it was a shock, went to the docs, and referred to a specialist which was ok, but when it came to the having the op I found I was not covered for cancer in any shape or form.

I definitely was not cover for any operation theatre or anaesthesia or operation room or doctors fee, basically nothing apart from a private room in a public hospital, oh also the excess was $500 which I was happy to pay, but the max Frank health insurance was going to pay towards the procedure once I had paid the excess was $125 for all my doc and specialist were astounded at the incompetence if this, so I opted to go public as this was the only option I had left, no complaints with this system as I had amazing care and are still having amazing care which makes me wonder why I bother with crappy private health care like Frank.

The staff at Frank however were quite useless, great with the info of what I apparently wasn't covered for and told that it was all in the fine print, so be careful folks this company says it's good but apparently it's not.

It's a shame that now I am forced to wait another year for the coverage i need with another company, thanks to the fine print at Frank's health insurance, but for a few dollars more I get a hell of a lot more ..... Be care to make know what you're covered for on your health insurance folks it may just save your life.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Nick, We're sorry that the level of cover that you joined Frank on wasn't appropriate for the serious health issues that you unexpectedly faced. We understand that health insurance can be ... read more »

Arrears with no warning

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

The policy was very easy to set up and at first I thought it was good value, until my credit card expired. The service was rejected as I had forgotten to update Frank with my new card details. I did so and was assured all was well. The next month, I noticed that no money had come off of my account. I called and was assured there were no issues. The same issue happened a month later. I assured them that if my bill was being paid, it wasn't by me and that they should investigate. Again, they assured me there was no issue and passed me on. Come the third repeat of this issue, I have just got off of the chat line with them to discover that I am in arrears of 3 months and that they 'informed me.' They did no such thing. I would argue the opposite actually, they assured me there were no issues. Given my visa status, I can be deported after being in arrears for 2 months. The fact that this was brought to their attention 3 times and that nothing happened makes me feel that Frank do not care for their customers at all, they are not concerned about fraudulent activity, they only care if they see money in their account.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Lozzo, We're extremely disappointed to hear about your experience. You were proactively managing your membership payments and unfortunately due to an error on our part, have been negatively affe... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 comments

Cheap things aren't good.. Misleading Customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I purchased the frank insurance couple of days ago, OVHC 485 visa. Member no. 298598

I purchased on 18th of March 2017, the cover is so confusing that i thought the Gp services are covered but anyhow it wasn't and then i planned to cancel the service to get my refund. I called up frank asked for refund and the lady told me you can buy another insurance first from a different company and then call us back for the refund. I did the same paid $250 to other company for medical insurance and called frank back and the guy who answered said we can't refund you the money as you just purchased couple of days ago which is less then a month. I mean i paid for full month and what do i get nothing!!! I paid other company aswell so in total i am losing $380. They are misleading people.

Someone truly said cheap things aren't good and i understood it today.

Hope your company survives in future by ripping people off !!

Really disappointed

Chirag

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Chirag, we're sorry that you have had a negative experience with Frank, it's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our other reviews, lots of members are super happy a... read more »

You guys have all the information of mine if you would like solve my problem why do i need to email you personally??

And moreover the email address you have provided to me isn't correct..

Well guys be aware of what you buying..

Please email me from your side.
[email protected] for personal contact-0415624184

Brisbane

Insurance claim made

AVOID if you want a stress-free experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Terrible customer service -- rude and surly on the phone. Unreasonable wait times when being transferred to relevant teams -- 46 minute wait for cancellation team.
Would not accept any wrongdoing when I disputed something.
Are desperate not to be hated (a lot of their marketing is concerned with this) but it's hard not to hate them.
Very frustrating company to deal with.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Go elsewhere or stay sharp for when they inevitably rip you off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Signed up to frank a year ago because I needed an insulin pump. Made this clear to them, and the pump company also notified them. Was told sure no problem, you just need to be on a wait list for a year first. Now here I am a year later and my claim was rejected, apparently several months ago they sent a single email notifying me terms had changed, buried in that pumps were excluded. Silly me for missing a single email, there goes a year of a useless insurance policy. They said my only option now is to sign up for a more expensive policy and wait another year (provided they don't pull the same thing).

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Charo, As an online health insurer, we only communicate to our members by email and the information we send is limited to important news that may affect your cover. One key communication sent ... read more »

Insurance claim made

Very poor - cheaper for a reason

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

Cheaper for a reason, do not use the online claiming portal, if there is any issue they will simply not listen to you and mark complaints as resolved without actually resolving them. Arrogant, dreadful and were reported to the NSW health ombudsman. I immediately cancelled two health insurance memberships with them.

• 2 helpful votes

Awful services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

I've been a Frank member since a year ago. It's shocking that they don't even pay you back what you pay for a GP!!! I'm paying 75$/ month! I don't know what will i be covered for! Nothing

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Hossein, our covers don't include benefits for GP fees as these aren't in hospital medical costs. We understand that there is lots of information when joining a health insurance cover and this c... read more »

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

I am covered on their Basic Hospital Cover which covers you in a shared room in a public hospital (including pregnancy).
When I became pregnant, I decided to be admitted as a private patient at my local public hospital. I was subsequently told that Frank barely covers me for any of my hospital fees - I am left paying an additional $1215 for 3 nights in a shared room (in addition to the $500 excess).
This wouldn't be an issue if they stated that SOME public hospitals are not covered (rather than making the false claim that all public hospitals are covered). In fact, their employees were also confused as to why I was not completely covered, and initially assured me that I was covered!
False advertising and nasty bill shock. Will be changing insurers once my baby arrives.
A shame, as I otherwise really like the way they run, with lovely phone consultants and easy communication options.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 comments

Terrible experience so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

Just switched to Frank from AHM - was quite impressed with the initial communications and pricing. However, during switch-over experienced the following:
- Wrong rebate tier was applied, was lucky enough to open Member area and check details, then had to call back to get this fixed
- Waiting period already served with AHM seem to be transferred incorrectly
- After just a week of being with Frank lost my access to Member area. Access has been restored a week after, the Member area is still broken, since access to Make Claim area still not working
- Email describing the problems with Member area advised to send claims via email, however it has been already few days and still not processed and no replies

At the moment trying to submit tickets via member portal. If not resolved in next or so, would have to have a joy of switching provider again.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Roman! I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. Can you please inbox me with your details and I'll get everything sorted for you today? Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, please adviсe how would you prefer to receive my details? Don't see any private messaging function on this website.

HI Roman! You can email me directly at [email protected]

Gold Coast

• 1 comment

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

I agree 100% with mr yes.
I took up pregnancy cover 18 months ago and now I find out I'm not covered in a private hospital. What's the point of having pregnancy cover if your not covered? I believed I was covered that's why I took out private cover. I was fully covered years ago with Medibank.
When trying to resolve the issue this morning- the girl I spoke to was so unhelpful and when I said that I would go elsewhere she encouraged it. Just rude. No attempt to escalate the problem or come up with a solution. Your way or the hiway attitude. I will definitely be changing cover with another provider.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. I am so sorry to hear of your negative experience. Can you please inbox me with further details? I'd really like to provide coaching for the person you spoke to and see if there's anything else I can do to assist. Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, what's the email address to email you on? Jessica @FrankHQ is not a valid email address.

Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. You can email us at [email protected] Thanks!

• 1 comment

Insurance claim made

Not good if you need to claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

Frank tries to make everything appear straight forward and transparent, but try claiming and see how little you get back and just how much they really are lacking in transparency. Their policy details seems to conveniently leave out information that comes as a nasty shock at the time of paying the medical bills. When challenged, the staff aren't able to provide robust demonstration of how decisions are derived from their own policy documents.

I think they intentionally lead customers up the garden path just to make themselves look appealing when you sign up for their services.

Unless you like lucky dips at claim time, I recommend looking elsewhere. I'm now going to switch due to such a bad experience with Frank.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Mr Yes. We're so sorry that you have had a negative claiming experience. It's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our reviews where claims have been made, lots of me... read more »

Sorry Jessica but I've spent a lot of time already on the phone with three different staff members from Frank and found all of those experiences dissatisfying. I just don't have time to keep going ... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Any excuse not to pay claims

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2016

Deceptive - not transparent , they do heaps of audits on claims - either they refuse to pay out or pay then demand their money back - because of the fine and hidden clauses not made known to consumers - even their staff are clueless in these matters . Poor communication - they have cancelled accounts without informing consumers first or responding to outstanding matters - go else where, phone delays are long - averaging 40 minutes or more - go with any one else

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

time is important message!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

Called at 2pm....still waiting with your "we know you dont like to wait" for 20minutes and still no answer 9/8/16 Very poor service if you cant leave a message to call back!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Anna. I'm so sorry- 20 mins is way too long to be on hold. We're struggling at the moment with some staff being unwell and lots of members needing our help. We're trying very hard to rectify thi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes

Worst Health Fund in the known Universe

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

The policy represents good value at a glance but saving $20 a month isn't worth being $10k out of pocket if you ever receive treatment from these guys.

Fact: Frank pay 120% of the MBS fee which in this day and age is grossly insufficient with what doctors charge.and almost guarantees to leave you out of pocket.

Fact: Frank pay well under the state average of Hospital Costs in EVERY state in Australia, No biggie hospital costs aren't the sort of thing people expect to be covered for with their health cover anyway.

Fact: Well under the Gap cover rating score in EVERY state in Australia, not to worry im sure those 185 employees I mean customers who left the good reviews didn't find that to be the case right. Hey NIB suddenly aren't looking so reprehensible with their pathetic Gap cover offerings.

Fact: Unless your some elderly Ms with 17 cats or some poindexter who chose clarinet over footy at high school you're probably not going to go on a review site and leave a review of the wonderful time they had with their insurance. They all seem to be 1 review people as well mmm interesting surely they couldnt be employees of the company could they, and that a very positve result on product review which doesnt really match up with real they have the 4th worst retention levels of all the 33 funds.

Do yourself a favor people smarten up and give these clowns a wide birth, they are an embarrassment and a joke and contrary to their ads make no mistake about it you will hate them.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 4 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Anything not to pay a claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2016

We had to submit an ambulance claim, the doctor called an ambulance in a emergency situation from his surgery to the hospital where our daughter had her appendix removed. The invoice did not stipulate "emergency transport" so the claim was rejected. After speaking to Frank I was told if the doctor would write a letter stating it was an emergency they would process the claim. We resubmitted the claim and heard nothing, I called to follow up on the claim when I was told "oh yeah we have that" I will have to refer to management... still heard nothing so chased up again to be told a doctor was not in a position to say it was emergency transport so the claim would be rejected. I suppose this is what you get when try and get a budget cover - they obviously do not like to pay out and make it very difficult for customers to put in a successful claim.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 helpful votes

Absolutely horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2016

Still cant cancel because no one answers the fukn phone. Dont pay claims. Waited 2hrs 3 times no answer. Keep charging tho

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast

Verified Customer

Frank Health Insurer is misleading overseas customers holding working visa cover

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2016

Recently when I got into hospital with a minor injury I was confident that Accidental Injuries are coved by Frank, however I was given a $750 bill for 20 minutes appointment with hospital staff and, as turned, Accidental Injuries were not covered. So, this provider is very clever, as you will find on their working visa cover overview on the left-hand side, where they put the heading "What's covered" also what is not covered but it looks from first sight they cover everything and I was caught by that. This is misleading and also unethical and my first point is that the health insurer has to highlight the word "except" on the left-hand side for its customers to pay more attention to it, because the insurer put ticks for those services which are not covered in the same column under the heading "What's covered". In my point of view the provider had to put crosses not ticks or put all not-covered services on the right-hand side under the heading “What’s not covered”. Another point is that the working visa cover is mostly for internationals, for them English is a second language, so all the Information should be presented simply, clearly and without any tricks. I agree with another person that even if this insurance is cheap your cover is expensive because it covers almost nothing - 7 services are covered and 21 are not. I advise all new customers to read carefully and ask for a professional help before joining Frank in order to avoid creasy bills.

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

They cancelled the membership but NO REFUND!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

Had to pay the first month for the OVHC so inlaws were covered upon arrival in Australia, but a week later Frank Insurance cancels the membership and NO REFUND! I explained to them that immigration wanted a specific health insurance and they were going to accept whatever I found (even if it was specific to working visa) as long as it met immigration requirement (8501 compliant), but no empathy on their part. However they were HAPPY TO ACCEPT PAYMENT FOR A SERVICE THEY DIDN'T PROVIDE!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 2 pages

I am new to this but I've just been diagnosed with a heart condition that will in future require surgery and hospital stay in ICU for approx 3 nights and than a further 7-9 days in hospital with follow ups with a cardiologist. Could you tell me what would be the best option for me. I'm a single female aged 41yrs living in Eastern Melbourne. I understand there are wait times, that is fine. I have no interest in pregnancy or anything relating too but I also will need to have a tummy tuck and breast lift due to excessive weight loss which is causing me great discomfort and pain. Do you have a policy that will also benefit me for those procedures? I am interested in hospital and extra cover. Thank you.

Natures G asked on Sep 22, 2017

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Answer this

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Regards,
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form
Regards,