Filter By:

• 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Cheapest to avoid Medicare Levy Surcharge

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

Probably not great value, but what health insurance policy is?? Especially as every year health insurance goes up way beyond the cost of inflation and is now almost unaffordable. I have never used this policy to make a claim, the only reason I keep it is because it is the cheapest one to avoid a levy surcharge. Policy is relatively easy to set up, everything was done online. Customer support seems Ok and they have the webchat thing too if you get stuck.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hey Joolzie17, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The cover that Frank offers which is the cheapest to avoid the Medicare Levy Surcharge is the Basic Hospital Cover. You are right, t... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Amazing extras, unhappy with Hospital!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

I absolutely love my Frank extras coverage, I’m on the highest coverage and max out most categories. Unfortunately I am unhappy with their hospital coverage, I went to get an estimate for a surgery and was told although all other related types of surgeries were covered by my policy the one I needed wasn’t. I’ve kept my policy for extras with Frank and moved to RT health for my hospital coverage.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Katie,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank!
Sorry to hear that your chosen level of Frank hospital cover was not suitable for your needs but it's great to hear that you are happy with your extras coverage.
Melissa - Team Frank

Verified Customer

Cheapest but only to avoid levy surcharge

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Don't feel it is a good value as I never used it since I joined them 4 years ago, the only reason I keep it is because it is the cheapest one to avoid a levy surcharge.
Policy is relatively easy to set up, everything was done online so I don't experience any hustle.
No comments to the customer support as I never used it, the only thing delights me is that I can get a discount for the Mt Buller SKI day pass when I'm a Frank Health member.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

HI Shinshin,
Thanks for taking the time to add a Frank review.
That's the thing about hospital insurance, you hope you never have to use it, but in the event you do it's nice to know you have it.
Here's to ongoing great health!
Christina - Team Frank

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Quick to take your money, but not so quick to send out your insurance card

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Quick to sign you up and quick to deduct your money, but not so quick in sending out your card. Its been more than two weeks. I had to call them up and issue a new card. Apparently they wrote down my address wrong inspite of spelling it out to the representative. (They forgot to put in a whole line of the address.) Now I have to wait another 2 weeks to see whether it arrives or not. They are happy to charge you a very high premium, but when requested for the card to be sent using a quicker, they flatly refused. I guess spending $10 to send out the card quickly by registered post to an user in need is gonna cut into their profit margins.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Beware, it looks good THIS year, but it wont last.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Please beware. I changed over to Frank as the cost was so much more affordable. Well, now I am paying for it well and truly with my premiums now going up from $72.75 to $80.45. HOW does that compare with the "average cost rise of 4.8%"?? I am so disappointed in Frank. That is a huge cost increase. More than 10%! I have gone online to query this and whilst the customer service officer was great this is the reasoning I got - "I am very sorry, it really comes down to what policy you are on and what states people are claiming the most. As you are on a popular level of cover and happens to be high claimers on this policy it pushes the prices up.As Frank is a not for profit insurer, Frank only increases premiums to cover the costs of projected claims in the upcoming year and also to cover the cost of running the business." No true explanation, just company jargon. I was also asked if I would like to decrease some of my cover to save on cost. Why should I have to? If it had gone up 5, 6, or even 7% I can deal with that, but to go up THAT much is shameful. I will certainly be looking around once again. Shame that as their customer service is pretty good.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

I live in South Australia and have been advised about this health insurer by I-select. We have never heard of this company in Adelaide and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to use this fund with health providers in South Australia?

Scotty T asked on Apr 07, 2018

Answer this

I hadn't heard of them either however if your health providers use HICAPS then I can't see any issues

Hi, it's an online branch of one of the big health funds, www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au no reason for it not to work in SA

do you cover colonoscopy operation ie day surgery? also cancer treatment in hospital clinics? Thank you

Ann. L asked on Feb 15, 2018

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your recent question.

I can confirm most of our hospital covers offers benefits toward inpatient admission for colonoscopy’s and cancer treatment.

To review our cover options please visit https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/

Frank also offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods if you would like to discuss our cover options and premiums further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Team Frank

Hello, I am currently on overseas health cover. I pay 75$ for my health cover per month. I have disc herniated from my spine, The doctor has suggested for me a surgery, So my question is will all my bills for surgery including hospital bed charges include..?? Am in critical situation.

Jenesh asked on Feb 09, 2018

Hi,
I’m no expert on it but if possible get any proof too say it was accident, and if you have been emitted to hospital straight away, that will be proof, with police and doctors reports. It will depend on your cover but it sounds like you may have the cheaper option so accident is the way too go as that’s where they got out of paying my bills as mine was cause from a accident decades before, so no records. Hope this helps, and hope it pans out the best for you

Hi Jenesh,

Thank you for your recent question.

I am sorry to hear you need to have surgery. We are happy to look into your Frank cover but we do not currently have enough information to access your policy for privacy and we would need to obtain a medical item number for your possible upcoming surgery.

Frank offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods so we can review your cover and discuss this further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Team Frank