Filter By:

Verified Purchase

Cheapest but only to avoid levy surcharge

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Don't feel it is a good value as I never used it since I joined them 4 years ago, the only reason I keep it is because it is the cheapest one to avoid a levy surcharge.
Policy is relatively easy to set up, everything was done online so I don't experience any hustle.
No comments to the customer support as I never used it, the only thing delights me is that I can get a discount for the Mt Buller SKI day pass when I'm a Frank Health member.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Quick to take your money, but not so quick to send out your insurance card

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Quick to sign you up and quick to deduct your money, but not so quick in sending out your card. Its been more than two weeks. I had to call them up and issue a new card. Apparently they wrote down my address wrong inspite of spelling it out to the representative. (They forgot to put in a whole line of the address.) Now I have to wait another 2 weeks to see whether it arrives or not. They are happy to charge you a very high premium, but when requested for the card to be sent using a quicker, they flatly refused. I guess spending $10 to send out the card quickly by registered post to an user in need is gonna cut into their profit margins.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Beware, it looks good THIS year, but it wont last.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Please beware. I changed over to Frank as the cost was so much more affordable. Well, now I am paying for it well and truly with my premiums now going up from $72.75 to $80.45. HOW does that compare with the "average cost rise of 4.8%"?? I am so disappointed in Frank. That is a huge cost increase. More than 10%! I have gone online to query this and whilst the customer service officer was great this is the reasoning I got - "I am very sorry, it really comes down to what policy you are on and what states people are claiming the most. As you are on a popular level of cover and happens to be high claimers on this policy it pushes the prices up.As Frank is a not for profit insurer, Frank only increases premiums to cover the costs of projected claims in the upcoming year and also to cover the cost of running the business." No true explanation, just company jargon. I was also asked if I would like to decrease some of my cover to save on cost. Why should I have to? If it had gone up 5, 6, or even 7% I can deal with that, but to go up THAT much is shameful. I will certainly be looking around once again. Shame that as their customer service is pretty good.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form
Christina

I've a specific colorectal health concern. I would like to know if your Better Hospital (no Co-Payment) product covers Medicare item numbers from 32000 to 32221? Thanks.

Peter P asked on May 28, 2017

Hi Peter,
Thanks for getting in touch with Frank.
I can confirm that 'Better Hospital (no-Co-payment)' does not exclude the items you've referenced.
As always, standard waiting periods ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/waiting-periods ) and pre-existing condition rules ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/pre-existing-conditions ) would apply.
If you want to find out more about the cover or waiting periods, jump on a web chat with one of our team https://webchat.memberarea.com.au/Frank/WebChat.html and they'll be able to give you all the details.
Christina - Team Frank