Filter By:

I connected to the webchat to get some questions answered. Courtney was very helpful and prompt and

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

This was really easy to do and the response was quick. It was real time. If the health insurance is as good as the call centre, we'll be very happy..

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Harvo, thanks for the review! Web chat is the go to channel if you have a few questions you're looking to have answered quickly.
Christina, Team Frank

Online service

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

It was fast and convenient just to chat. All my questions were answered without being placed on hold. So far, I haven't had any problems with claims and have had better returns than BUPA!
Thanks!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Adri! We're happy to hear you've seen better returns after your switch to Frank!
Christina, Team Frank

VERY HELPFUL WEBCHAT

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2017

Having just switched to Frank Health Insurance, I had a number of queries which I raised with Frank Customer Service via webchat. The person I was dealing with was extremely helpful and dealt with all of my queries quickly and efficiently and she was very helpful.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for taking the time to write a review TD49. Great to hear that you were able to get the quick answers you needed through our web chat!

Private message

Prompt reply and quick resolution to issue

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

Prompt reply and quick resolution to issue.
The executive has responded quickly and updated the required details on my policy.
Good service by Frank.Web chat is very helpful and easy to communicate and get the things done.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Gopala,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank! We are pleased to hear you enjoy our web chat option. Thanks again for dropping by.
Team Frank

• 2 helpful votes

good health fund

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

- Top extras is good value for money with 80% back on all included items
- Easy to set up & customer service are easy over the phone and on the online chat - yes you can actually get things done using the online chat, talking to real people
- Don't plan on leaving them anytime soon!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Fra, thanks for taking time out to review Frank! We love web chat too - it definitely helps our members save time when they need to get in touch with us

Insurance claim made

Should have switched to them earlier.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2016

Excellent value for money. Easy to set up.
Wouldn't recommend the phone option, but chat gets answered very quickly, and they know what they are talking about. Was over 12 years with another provider, and not happy.

Efficient, though tiny mistake

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2016

Not bad, though would be nice if the person knew immediately that bank info cannot be updated via chat. Pretty good experience overall, very friendly staff. This review requires too much words however, kinda annoying to be honest.

Insurance claim made

Much longer than advised wait for the chat,but very good service from agent.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

The advised wait time for chat at about 4pm was 4 minutes, but it stretched to 10 minutes, however, the agent went out of her way to help me. Thank you very much, Ms G Bartlett !

Webchat

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2016

Maddison Costa was helpful, friendly and courteous. Due to security restrictions she could not answer my question but she was extremely helpful .

Insurance claim made

Efficient and effective customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

Both phone and online customer service team have been great. As a new member, thsy have been very helpful, friendly and efficient.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

All queries were answered and changes processed.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2016

I would like to thank Emma and Samantha Frith for all their help. They were great in answering and processing my queries and instructions.

• 1 comment

Customer Service.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2016

I am a new member to FRANK and have some issues from my previous insurer. Frank's customer service is so helpful. They have answered all my queries, and put my mind at ease. Thanks Frank !

Comments

Frank your staff are the best! Still problems with previous health fund but Frank's staff on hand to help on Webchat really took a load off. THANKS Frank.

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

New customer, so far so good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2016

I only made the switch about a month ago and the whole sign up process was very easy. I haven't had to make a claim yet so can't comment on that side of things. Let's hope the claiming process is as simple as it should be. I'm a big fan of webchat and have found all consultants to be very helpful.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Good so far, payment process a bit annoying

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2016

It's affordable and the customer service is very good. For the payment had problems. I would prefer to process it through the website as TPG does as well.

Efficient & friendly team support

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2015

So pleased I switched from my previous provider last year. Products are transparent supported by great support team - whether phone or chat. Thanks!

Simple. Cheap. Does what it says on the tin

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2015

Not complicated. Cool name. Good online service team. Could do with online access for OSVC (457) holders. Funky looking member card.

great service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2015

happy with Franks service and options. Prompt, friendly service from the team members. Would recommend Frank to others in the future.

Great customer service.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2015

Great customer service using online chat, with Bianca. Good coverage for 'lots extras', although the monthly premium increases substantially each year.

Best insurance I've found

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2015

Straightforward and easy to use, covers everything I want it to cover. The only thing I wish it had was no out-of-pocket for glasses but other that that it suits our needs perfectly.

Private message

Frank has redeemed him/herself!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2014

I joined Frank in October 2014 after transferring from AHM. I went through "Help me Choose" who were great and really praised Frank. Frank's premium was $80 a month less that AHM for the same cover which was fantastic. However, I was told transferring would be "Simple" and nothing for me to do (just fill out a couple of forms on line and we'll do the rest). Yeah, not quite. After 3 weeks I had heard nothing from Frank so I sent an email requesting an update (my progress on line had not advanced) which was when I was told they hadn't received the transfer certificate from AHM. Unfortunately I had paid a double premium to both AHM & Frank so I was keen to get a refund from AHM. I just wonder if I hadn't followed this up myself whether or not anyone from Frank would have? it also would have meant that AHM would have charged me again the following month!! I hate this lack of service and it has really put a sour taste in my mouth. I now dread making a claim wondering what pitfalls are coming up. It was suggested to me that I contact AHM and request the clearance certificate myself - I would have done this straight away had I known how long it would take and that no follow up would be made by Frank. Lack of communication has caused me to not trust Frank. I hope I don't come up against any further problems.

November 10th 2014 Update:
Whilst bad service is really frustrating, it's only fair when good service has been provided since that we also share this. Once I brought my problem to Frank's attention, they quickly and apologetically fixed everything in record time. So, thanks Frank - here's to a happy future!

1 of 2 pages

I am new to this but I've just been diagnosed with a heart condition that will in future require surgery and hospital stay in ICU for approx 3 nights and than a further 7-9 days in hospital with follow ups with a cardiologist. Could you tell me what would be the best option for me. I'm a single female aged 41yrs living in Eastern Melbourne. I understand there are wait times, that is fine. I have no interest in pregnancy or anything relating too but I also will need to have a tummy tuck and breast lift due to excessive weight loss which is causing me great discomfort and pain. Do you have a policy that will also benefit me for those procedures? I am interested in hospital and extra cover. Thank you.

Natures G asked on Sep 22, 2017

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that you have recently found out about your heart condition, at least now that you have a diagnosis you will be able to receive the treatment that you need.
None of Frank's products exclude cardiac related treatment. However, these types of procedures are usually performed in a Private Hospital so it is best for you to steer clear of our Basic hospital products. In terms of your tummy tuck and breast lift, we could only cover those procedures if they are being performed for a medical reason (cosmetic surgery is not included on any of our covers). As long as the procedures are medically necessary they would not be excluded on any of our covers, basically that means you would be able to take out any level of cover and it will include both of the treatments that you have mentioned (again steer clear of the Basic Products as both procedures are most likely performed in a Private Hospital).
As you are already aware of the condition you have, it is classes as a 'pre-existing condition' which would be subject to a 12 month waiting period.
To help us assist you in choosing the right level of cover to suit your needs, we would need some more information about what extras services you would use. If you would like further assistance in choosing a cover please don't hesitate to contact the team on 1300 437 265 between 8a.m. and 6p.m. Monday to Friday.

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form

See all 22 questions about Frank Health Insurance