Filter By:

Adelaide

• 1 question

Easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

I actually went through comparethemarket because i wanted to find a cheaper, good quality health insurance and they referred me to Frank. At first i was skeptical because i had never heard of Frank where i live in Australia however i decided to give it a chance since it gave me cover for what i needed. I'm glad i did because Frank is not-for-profit and i pay only a 40% gap on all services. I had a pregnancy massage which was $99 and only paid $39.60 compared to my previous insurance, i paid like $80 with almost top extras cover with my other health insurance. Live chat is also great to use and questions are quickly answered. Happy i made the change!

Insurance claim made

Best cover I have ever had.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

Franks health was recommended for me by I select. Best advise I have ever taken. . I’m 71 years of age
I have been very satisfied with the cover I received being an older person I have used my Hospital cover a few times in the past 5 years.
Highly recommend Franks

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Carole, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It is so nice to hear that we are able to provide you with a cover that suits your needs. If you ever require assistance please ... read more »

Insurance claim made

The best customer service Ive ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Melanie on the Chat is patient and amazing to speak with. She sorted out all the issues in about 2 min flat and stayed with me on the line until I had worked it all out.
Frank is great with price, customer service and there professionalism is outstanding.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Emma, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, I will be sure to pass your feedback on to Melanie! I am so glad that your issue was resolved efficiently and that Mel stayed with... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 answers

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great insurance benefits and the team at Frank

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

Initially referred by an acquaintance to Frank Health Insurance. After comparing to my existing fund,which was only extras due to $$, I change and opted to include hospital cover as well...Why?... great cover benefits and financially cost effecti and manageable.
Then 5 months out from completing my 12 months membership an accident resulted in requiring ankle surgery. Needing assistance to understand the Pre Existing Condition (PEC) requirement for less than 1 year membership the team at Frank Health could not have been more helpful and knowledgeable. They provided the forms and due to the tight surgery date went out of their way to expedite the assessment process and follows up by prompt communications with me and the hospital.
With Frank Health you are not just a number, you are not just another policy. You are treated like a person and got deal with caring team members
I highly recommend Frank Health Insurance
For value. For products. For the excellent service. For the fabulous team members and they product knowledge

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks so much for your review TjP. We do our best to help out all of our members and understand that going in to hospital is a stressful time! I hope that you are recovering quickly after your treatment!
Best Regards,
Bianca and the Team at Frank

Rydalmere, NSW

• 1 answer
  • 15 helpful votes

Exactly what I needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

100% fit to my specific needs - limits on extras are exactly what I was looking for so I have transferred from NIB. Superior customer support - was very easy to contact them and got my inquiries resolved right away. Very simple and straightforward - as compared to dozens of options other insurers I looked at offer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi dan128, I am so glad that you have found the right Frank policy to suit your needs! If you require assistance at any time, or feel that you need to review your cover if your needs change, pleas... read more »

Ballarat

Would recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I have been with Frank for almost 2 years now and have made several hassle free claims. Other policies I have had have included all sorts of things that I haven't needed covered but with Frank I just get the main things I need at an affordable price.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hey Emma,
I am so glad to hear that you are happy with your cover and that the claiming process has been hassle free.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.
Kind Regards,
Bianca and the Team at Frank

Sydney Aust, NSW

• 3 helpful votes

Massage Massage Massage great 400 allowance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

I just renewed with Frank very happy with their service and the allowable amount for massages that I need regularly.
Easy online updated infomation when required.
Basic extras great for me 2 pairs of glasses a year, 2 teeth clean and several massages

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Bubblym,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank!
Its great to hear that you've happy with your Frank Cover.
Melissa - Team Frank

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

this was by far one of best value Health insurance choices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

recently changed to Frank HI from NIB due to annual increment from NIB was not acceptable.So far the customer service was quite good and they keep try to explain those complicated policy in simple way.
As result, on monthly, I saved $60 per month for better family level cover (Extra+Hospital).
For extra, Compare to NIB, pretty much covered similar options with slight less annual limits
For Hospital, far more better in medium level compare to basic hospital cover from NIB (of which was told useless from broker)
Overall, claim process also easy to follow(claim on spot) and customer service was very good.
To be Frank, please keep the level of service so that you will add one more loyal customer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi James,
Thanks for the review! At Frank, we try and keep things simple and affordable so its great to hear that you've been happy with your experience to date.
Christina - Team Frank

Further to my initial review, I would like to give 3/5 stars now since Frank had unique complicated policy under dental (Between General and Major) catagory which won't be able to offer benefit to ... read more »

Reasonable OVHC insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

It is a very good value policy and easy to set up. If you have any problems, the customer support will try their best to help you sort out the issues.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Cynthia,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank!

Great, Caring Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Very happy with the customer service. Kimberley Dubberley spend a considerable amount of time answering and explaining all my questions. A lot of other agents from other companies display a sense of urgency when dealing with so this was a really pleasant customer experience. These guys show a lot of genuine care when dealing with. Thanks Shar & Tosh

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Shar & Tosh, At Frank, we know that Health Insurance can be complicated. That's why we'll spend as much time as you need to make sure you're on the right product and getting the best value from ... read more »

Northcote

generous subscription.
low cost.
easiest I've ever used.
Parent company is GMHBA.

Cheers frank peeps, well put together, best alternative out there by a long long way

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Giles!
Thanks for the great overall summary of why Frank works for you.

Simple, affordable, great cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Good value, easy to understand terms and always know how much I'm getting back- 50% or 80%, not this '$25 for first consultation and then $16.50 thereafter' and different rates for different services. It's always the same until you run out. Always helpful staff and love the little jokes they insert here and there. It's easy to change my policy to get more cover or less, when I want to.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Julianne, thanks for the review! Percentage back on extras is just one way we try and make things simple for members.

easy and simple

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

Frank is an amazing health insurer.
It was by far offered the best value for money. Claims are easy and fast to process. When there are any question there services either via phone, email or online chat a very responsive.
I had to cancel due to my financial circumstance and the cancellation process was so easy!
I highly recommend Frank health insurance to anyone looking for an simply and easy cover that provides good value for money.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jal, we appreciate you taking the time to give Frank 5 stars! We look forward to helping you find a cover that suits once your circumstances change.
Christina, Team Frank

I connected to the webchat to get some questions answered. Courtney was very helpful and prompt and

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

This was really easy to do and the response was quick. It was real time. If the health insurance is as good as the call centre, we'll be very happy..

April 5th 2018 Update: Experiences after some months

We've now been with Frank for 9 months. We saved $100 per month compared to BUPA and get 50% of extras refunded - again much better than we were getting and without being pressured to use BUPA's practitioners. The refunds have been paid promptly and straight into our bank account.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Harvo, thanks for the review! Web chat is the go to channel if you have a few questions you're looking to have answered quickly.
Christina, Team Frank

very fast service - love the online chat

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

This is not an overall review of the health fund, but just the online chat service, who resolved my query very quickly. So much faster than sitting 'on hold' listening to terrible music

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Blue Mimi! We have to agree that using web chat is quick and easy, but don't be worried about terrible music if you do have to pick up the phone. At Frank, we know nobody likes boring on hol... read more »

No wait time and my question answered clearly in minutes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Awesome service! Was enquiring about swapping to over from one of the big names and the service Emma provided was quick and clear and outstanding - definitely my decision to swap easy. Thanks!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for giving Frank 5 stars Steph! Fantastic to hear that Emma was able to make the experience easy for you. We'll definitely pass on your feedback

Sydney

• 1 question

Insurance claim made

Fast response, great service, friendly staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

I had private health insurance provided by my company and have been through some of the big names such as NIB, and GU Insurance. Now that I left them I had too look for my own so I've signed up with Frank because they were good value after lengthy research over Internet. Was little weary at first because I never heard of them but soon realised it was the best decision I could possibly have over countless insurers out there. I've joined 8 months ago and unfortunately had to make some hospital claims (twice) and the preexisting condition process was really quick and every time I called you get wonderful friendly staff and was never on hold for more than 5 minutes. Long story cut short; great value cover, fast claim process, wonderful online website easy to navigate, friendly staff (looks like they are local here not some offshore call centre), and hardly any wait time on the phone when calling them. This sounds too goo to be true? Well speaking from experience! Well done Frank and I think I'll be with you for looooooooong time :)

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Pete! Sorry to hear that you've had a couple of hospital trips this year, but it's great to hear that we could help you get through them quick and easy - Christina @ Team Frank

Questions via free chat with Emma Morris

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Free chat was quick to respond. Emma answered all my questions. Will definitely be changing as the insurance provider, I am with now goes up yearly and Frank is $700 a year cheaper with a higher policy limit.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Ken! It's great to hear that you were able to find a cover that works for you and save some money at the same time!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Customer service experience outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

New customer to Frank . I was very impressed with the customer service /support provided by one of the team members "Michelle " . Truly high quality/sincere / helpful . I am hopeful that all my dealings with Frank will prove to be as good so keep up the good work and management please value your team members !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

We're so happy to hear about your experience Jenny! We'll definitely pass on your great feedback to Michelle. Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
Regards,
Christina

New Member - Great service so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

I have just joined and very impressed with the service and price so far - have saved around $100 a month from our previous health insurer. The web chat is great and I have used this several times and had a response within seconds and my query resolved very quickly. Much better than waiting an hour on the phone!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for joining Frank Brie and for the great review! We always recommend web chat as a starting point for questions - it's much quicker than the phone (and lets you multi-task online at the same time).
Regards,
Christina

1 of 11 pages

I live in South Australia and have been advised about this health insurer by I-select. We have never heard of this company in Adelaide and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to use this fund with health providers in South Australia?

Scotty T asked on Apr 07, 2018

Answer this

I hadn't heard of them either however if your health providers use HICAPS then I can't see any issues

Hi, it's an online branch of one of the big health funds, www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au no reason for it not to work in SA

do you cover colonoscopy operation ie day surgery? also cancer treatment in hospital clinics? Thank you

Ann. L asked on Feb 15, 2018

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your recent question.

I can confirm most of our hospital covers offers benefits toward inpatient admission for colonoscopy’s and cancer treatment.

To review our cover options please visit https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/

Frank also offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods if you would like to discuss our cover options and premiums further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Team Frank

Hello, I am currently on overseas health cover. I pay 75$ for my health cover per month. I have disc herniated from my spine, The doctor has suggested for me a surgery, So my question is will all my bills for surgery including hospital bed charges include..?? Am in critical situation.

Jenesh asked on Feb 09, 2018

Hi,
I’m no expert on it but if possible get any proof too say it was accident, and if you have been emitted to hospital straight away, that will be proof, with police and doctors reports. It will depend on your cover but it sounds like you may have the cheaper option so accident is the way too go as that’s where they got out of paying my bills as mine was cause from a accident decades before, so no records. Hope this helps, and hope it pans out the best for you

Hi Jenesh,

Thank you for your recent question.

I am sorry to hear you need to have surgery. We are happy to look into your Frank cover but we do not currently have enough information to access your policy for privacy and we would need to obtain a medical item number for your possible upcoming surgery.

Frank offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods so we can review your cover and discuss this further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Team Frank