Filter By:

Perth

• 4 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Anything not to pay a claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2016

We had to submit an ambulance claim, the doctor called an ambulance in a emergency situation from his surgery to the hospital where our daughter had her appendix removed. The invoice did not stipulate "emergency transport" so the claim was rejected. After speaking to Frank I was told if the doctor would write a letter stating it was an emergency they would process the claim. We resubmitted the claim and heard nothing, I called to follow up on the claim when I was told "oh yeah we have that" I will have to refer to management... still heard nothing so chased up again to be told a doctor was not in a position to say it was emergency transport so the claim would be rejected. I suppose this is what you get when try and get a budget cover - they obviously do not like to pay out and make it very difficult for customers to put in a successful claim.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 helpful votes

Absolutely horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2016

Still cant cancel because no one answers the fukn phone. Dont pay claims. Waited 2hrs 3 times no answer. Keep charging tho

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Goaford

• 8 helpful votes

No cover for accident

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2015

My 3 year old daughter fell and got a big, deep splinter in her foot. Upon scans and booking her into the private hospital I then get a call from hospital saying Frank won't cover her as they do not seem this to be an accident!!!!
Then to make matters worse each customer service rep would give me conflicting information.
No need to pay for private health cover with Frank as it's not covered anyway.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes

Worst Health Fund in the known Universe

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

The policy represents good value at a glance but saving $20 a month isn't worth being $10k out of pocket if you ever receive treatment from these guys.

Fact: Frank pay 120% of the MBS fee which in this day and age is grossly insufficient with what doctors charge.and almost guarantees to leave you out of pocket.

Fact: Frank pay well under the state average of Hospital Costs in EVERY state in Australia, No biggie hospital costs aren't the sort of thing people expect to be covered for with their health cover anyway.

Fact: Well under the Gap cover rating score in EVERY state in Australia, not to worry im sure those 185 employees I mean customers who left the good reviews didn't find that to be the case right. Hey NIB suddenly aren't looking so reprehensible with their pathetic Gap cover offerings.

Fact: Unless your some elderly Ms with 17 cats or some poindexter who chose clarinet over footy at high school you're probably not going to go on a review site and leave a review of the wonderful time they had with their insurance. They all seem to be 1 review people as well mmm interesting surely they couldnt be employees of the company could they, and that a very positve result on product review which doesnt really match up with real they have the 4th worst retention levels of all the 33 funds.

Do yourself a favor people smarten up and give these clowns a wide birth, they are an embarrassment and a joke and contrary to their ads make no mistake about it you will hate them.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

I am covered on their Basic Hospital Cover which covers you in a shared room in a public hospital (including pregnancy).
When I became pregnant, I decided to be admitted as a private patient at my local public hospital. I was subsequently told that Frank barely covers me for any of my hospital fees - I am left paying an additional $1215 for 3 nights in a shared room (in addition to the $500 excess).
This wouldn't be an issue if they stated that SOME public hospitals are not covered (rather than making the false claim that all public hospitals are covered). In fact, their employees were also confused as to why I was not completely covered, and initially assured me that I was covered!
False advertising and nasty bill shock. Will be changing insurers once my baby arrives.
A shame, as I otherwise really like the way they run, with lovely phone consultants and easy communication options.

Insurance claim made

Any excuse not to pay claims

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2016

Deceptive - not transparent , they do heaps of audits on claims - either they refuse to pay out or pay then demand their money back - because of the fine and hidden clauses not made known to consumers - even their staff are clueless in these matters . Poor communication - they have cancelled accounts without informing consumers first or responding to outstanding matters - go else where, phone delays are long - averaging 40 minutes or more - go with any one else

Melbourne

Private message

They cancelled the membership but NO REFUND!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

Had to pay the first month for the OVHC so inlaws were covered upon arrival in Australia, but a week later Frank Insurance cancels the membership and NO REFUND! I explained to them that immigration wanted a specific health insurance and they were going to accept whatever I found (even if it was specific to working visa) as long as it met immigration requirement (8501 compliant), but no empathy on their part. However they were HAPPY TO ACCEPT PAYMENT FOR A SERVICE THEY DIDN'T PROVIDE!

Mitterer

Private message

how is a estimated 4 minute wait some 20+ minutes?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2016

Is this another case of once we are a member answering our calls are no longer a priority? Disappointing. Also last time I needed to make an on line claim it took some 3 months to enact. Cheaper in not always better.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi there. We're so sorry for the delay. This is our busiest time of year and we do try to answer as quickly as possible. I can assure you that the team are working really hard! The estimated wait t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes

Fantastic Services - Incredibly Easy Claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

I have been with Frank for almost two years now. I LOVE that I get 80% back, and that claiming is so fast and easy. The only downfall would be that I just don't use my cover enough, but thats my fault not Franks! I definitely recommend Frank to friends and family.

+ Easy claiming; fast friendly service; has given me fantastic customer service!

- Not being able to claim some expenses online in members areas, but can easily be claimed through email.

Customer service is shocking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

This is my first health insurer , TBH it was easy to join and i claim with no issues so can not complain there.
BUT customer service and member portal is dreadful.
I changed my direct debit when i joined via member portal from monthly to fortnightly to reflect my budgeting.
A month later when my next payment was due i raised a ticket via member portal to inquire on my next direct debit..no answer for days actually still no answer, direct debit came out they still charged the monthly amount.
Phoned in and call wait was over 30mins
Tried online help, 15 mins to chat with someone then another 15 mins for them to ask my date of birth and address to confirm who i was, i responded straight away then the system crashed.(i work in IT it wasn't our end)
3 days after request through member portal i still have no correspondence.
It wouldn't be an issue with full amount but its xmas and holidays coming up so every cent counts.esp when you change details a month ago to budget for Xmas.

• 3 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Terrible experience so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

Just switched to Frank from AHM - was quite impressed with the initial communications and pricing. However, during switch-over experienced the following:
- Wrong rebate tier was applied, was lucky enough to open Member area and check details, then had to call back to get this fixed
- Waiting period already served with AHM seem to be transferred incorrectly
- After just a week of being with Frank lost my access to Member area. Access has been restored a week after, the Member area is still broken, since access to Make Claim area still not working
- Email describing the problems with Member area advised to send claims via email, however it has been already few days and still not processed and no replies

At the moment trying to submit tickets via member portal. If not resolved in next or so, would have to have a joy of switching provider again.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Roman! I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. Can you please inbox me with your details and I'll get everything sorted for you today? Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, please adviсe how would you prefer to receive my details? Don't see any private messaging function on this website.

HI Roman! You can email me directly at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au

Gold Coast

• 1 comment

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

I agree 100% with mr yes.
I took up pregnancy cover 18 months ago and now I find out I'm not covered in a private hospital. What's the point of having pregnancy cover if your not covered? I believed I was covered that's why I took out private cover. I was fully covered years ago with Medibank.
When trying to resolve the issue this morning- the girl I spoke to was so unhelpful and when I said that I would go elsewhere she encouraged it. Just rude. No attempt to escalate the problem or come up with a solution. Your way or the hiway attitude. I will definitely be changing cover with another provider.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. I am so sorry to hear of your negative experience. Can you please inbox me with further details? I'd really like to provide coaching for the person you spoke to and see if there's anything else I can do to assist. Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, what's the email address to email you on? Jessica @FrankHQ is not a valid email address.

Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. You can email us at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au Thanks!

The worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2015

On the two occasions that I spoke with customer service I experienced the worst customer service I've ever received. I found the staff to be condescending and lazy. Completely unhelpful. Whenever I asked a question about their health cover (which is what customer service is there for???) they would ask "is it on the website?" I would say "I'm not sure" and they would reply "try looking it up on the website". These guys may be cheap but so are their customer service team.

Eumundi, Queensland

Verified Customer

Incorrect information given online and zero customer service offered to resolve fault.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2015

Frank promoted themselves as on online company so we decided to join online two days before the 1 April price rise. We followed the Frank website joining process and gave payment details for two annual premiums. The generated acceptance emails advised our policy started 30 March 2015. We read all the information given during the sign up process and selected their joining offer of waiver of waiting periods.

Three days later, and after the price rise we both received emails with adviice of a premium increases. We generated an email back asking why. After no response in their given 3 day response time frame, my daughter rang and was advised prices had increased as they did not bill from the website, but at a batch time post 1 April, so new rates applied. And they would no honour the web sign up details even though they admitted the website was at fault, but that was our problem as we did not look under the area for prices post 1 April. Why would we, it did not apply as we where joining on 30 March!
I then rang to question this invalid website sign up correspondence and was parroted the same reasons. Not prepared to honour their website sign up generated paperwork. They could not cancel payment process without 7 days notice as it was batched.

We cancelled our annual policies and then had to wait till 30 April to have our funds returnrd. Email responses not answered inside their given 3 day time frame, no interest in resolving our situation because their website process was incorrect.

From our perspective a poor experience, we had to pay higher post 1 April rates with another insurer and lost the opportunity for bonus offers available in the market place at the time.

Private message

Good-value option

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

We joined Frank earlier this year in March. Due to a bit of a mess up we missed out on paying the 2012-13 premiums, which wasn't handled by the company very well as it was hard to get a hold of them via phone (closed on weekends) so we ended up paying a lot more than we originally hoped. Apart from that, their cover is really excellent. 80% back for all providers is a huge help for us. We've had no issues claiming at all and requests have been dealt with promptly. It's largely done all online so there's not much to report on in terms of customer service but their generous payments and high maximums was a stand-out for us compared to all other funds. I would recommend them!

+ Great value for money, easy to claim, don't have to stick with any providers

- Closed on weekends, sometimes long wait times on the fphone

Perth

Private message

Read the fine print when you claim with Frank health insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I had been with Frank for about a year and thought they were v good insurance for the good price per month, the insurance i had was basic with some private.
Now you'd think I'd be covered for most illnesses even though I was on a relatively lowish cover, but I was soon to discover that it was far from the truth.
I had discovered I had a certain form of cancer, of course it was a shock, went to the docs, and referred to a specialist which was ok, but when it came to the having the op I found I was not covered for cancer in any shape or form.

I definitely was not cover for any operation theatre or anaesthesia or operation room or doctors fee, basically nothing apart from a private room in a public hospital, oh also the excess was $500 which I was happy to pay, but the max Frank health insurance was going to pay towards the procedure once I had paid the excess was $125 for all my doc and specialist were astounded at the incompetence if this, so I opted to go public as this was the only option I had left, no complaints with this system as I had amazing care and are still having amazing care which makes me wonder why I bother with crappy private health care like Frank.

The staff at Frank however were quite useless, great with the info of what I apparently wasn't covered for and told that it was all in the fine print, so be careful folks this company says it's good but apparently it's not.

It's a shame that now I am forced to wait another year for the coverage i need with another company, thanks to the fine print at Frank's health insurance, but for a few dollars more I get a hell of a lot more ..... Be care to make know what you're covered for on your health insurance folks it may just save your life.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Nick, We're sorry that the level of cover that you joined Frank on wasn't appropriate for the serious health issues that you unexpectedly faced. We understand that health insurance can be ... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

Cheap things aren't good.. Misleading Customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I purchased the frank insurance couple of days ago, OVHC 485 visa. Member no. 298598

I purchased on 18th of March 2017, the cover is so confusing that i thought the Gp services are covered but anyhow it wasn't and then i planned to cancel the service to get my refund. I called up frank asked for refund and the lady told me you can buy another insurance first from a different company and then call us back for the refund. I did the same paid $250 to other company for medical insurance and called frank back and the guy who answered said we can't refund you the money as you just purchased couple of days ago which is less then a month. I mean i paid for full month and what do i get nothing!!! I paid other company aswell so in total i am losing $380. They are misleading people.

Someone truly said cheap things aren't good and i understood it today.

Hope your company survives in future by ripping people off !!

Really disappointed

Chirag

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Chirag, we're sorry that you have had a negative experience with Frank, it's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our other reviews, lots of members are super happy a... read more »

You guys have all the information of mine if you would like solve my problem why do i need to email you personally??

And moreover the email address you have provided to me isn't correct..

Well guys be aware of what you buying..

Please email me from your side.
Chiragdhawan92@gmail.com for personal contact-0415624184

Brisbane

Insurance claim made

AVOID if you want a stress-free experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Terrible customer service -- rude and surly on the phone. Unreasonable wait times when being transferred to relevant teams -- 46 minute wait for cancellation team.
Would not accept any wrongdoing when I disputed something.
Are desperate not to be hated (a lot of their marketing is concerned with this) but it's hard not to hate them.
Very frustrating company to deal with.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Go elsewhere or stay sharp for when they inevitably rip you off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Signed up to frank a year ago because I needed an insulin pump. Made this clear to them, and the pump company also notified them. Was told sure no problem, you just need to be on a wait list for a year first. Now here I am a year later and my claim was rejected, apparently several months ago they sent a single email notifying me terms had changed, buried in that pumps were excluded. Silly me for missing a single email, there goes a year of a useless insurance policy. They said my only option now is to sign up for a more expensive policy and wait another year (provided they don't pull the same thing).

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Charo, As an online health insurer, we only communicate to our members by email and the information we send is limited to important news that may affect your cover. One key communication sent ... read more »

Insurance claim made

Very poor - cheaper for a reason

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

Cheaper for a reason, do not use the online claiming portal, if there is any issue they will simply not listen to you and mark complaints as resolved without actually resolving them. Arrogant, dreadful and were reported to the NSW health ombudsman. I immediately cancelled two health insurance memberships with them.

1 of 14 pages

do you cover colonoscopy operation ie day surgery? also cancer treatment in hospital clinics? Thank you

Ann. L asked on Feb 15, 2018

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your recent question.

I can confirm most of our hospital covers offers benefits toward inpatient admission for colonoscopy’s and cancer treatment.

To review our cover options please visit https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/

Frank also offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods if you would like to discuss our cover options and premiums further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Team Frank

Hello, I am currently on overseas health cover. I pay 75$ for my health cover per month. I have disc herniated from my spine, The doctor has suggested for me a surgery, So my question is will all my bills for surgery including hospital bed charges include..?? Am in critical situation.

Jenesh asked on Feb 09, 2018

Hi,
I’m no expert on it but if possible get any proof too say it was accident, and if you have been emitted to hospital straight away, that will be proof, with police and doctors reports. It will depend on your cover but it sounds like you may have the cheaper option so accident is the way too go as that’s where they got out of paying my bills as mine was cause from a accident decades before, so no records. Hope this helps, and hope it pans out the best for you

Hi Jenesh,

Thank you for your recent question.

I am sorry to hear you need to have surgery. We are happy to look into your Frank cover but we do not currently have enough information to access your policy for privacy and we would need to obtain a medical item number for your possible upcoming surgery.

Frank offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods so we can review your cover and discuss this further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Team Frank

Do you have any branches in Brisbane? Is it possible to talk with any representatives in person ? I am if online methods( email& phone call) are the only way to contact you? Thanks

Jingjing asked on Jan 31, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jingjing, thank you for your question. Frank is an online Health Insurance fund. There are no physical offices for you to visit to speak with someone in person.
Frank offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions. Frank are open 8am-6pm EST. If you click on this link it will take you through to the Frank contact page. If you are a member please include your membership details, if you are not a member of Frank please contact on one of the methods and we can discuss if it is the right fund for you. https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact

See all 26 questions about Frank Health Insurance