Filter By:

Perth

• 4 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Anything not to pay a claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2016

We had to submit an ambulance claim, the doctor called an ambulance in a emergency situation from his surgery to the hospital where our daughter had her appendix removed. The invoice did not stipulate "emergency transport" so the claim was rejected. After speaking to Frank I was told if the doctor would write a letter stating it was an emergency they would process the claim. We resubmitted the claim and heard nothing, I called to follow up on the claim when I was told "oh yeah we have that" I will have to refer to management... still heard nothing so chased up again to be told a doctor was not in a position to say it was emergency transport so the claim would be rejected. I suppose this is what you get when try and get a budget cover - they obviously do not like to pay out and make it very difficult for customers to put in a successful claim.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 helpful votes

Absolutely horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2016

Still cant cancel because no one answers the fukn phone. Dont pay claims. Waited 2hrs 3 times no answer. Keep charging tho

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Goaford

• 8 helpful votes

No cover for accident

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2015

My 3 year old daughter fell and got a big, deep splinter in her foot. Upon scans and booking her into the private hospital I then get a call from hospital saying Frank won't cover her as they do not seem this to be an accident!!!!
Then to make matters worse each customer service rep would give me conflicting information.
No need to pay for private health cover with Frank as it's not covered anyway.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Worst Health Fund in the known Universe

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

The policy represents good value at a glance but saving $20 a month isn't worth being $10k out of pocket if you ever receive treatment from these guys.

Fact: Frank pay 120% of the MBS fee which in this day and age is grossly insufficient with what doctors charge.and almost guarantees to leave you out of pocket.

Fact: Frank pay well under the state average of Hospital Costs in EVERY state in Australia, No biggie hospital costs aren't the sort of thing people expect to be covered for with their health cover anyway.

Fact: Well under the Gap cover rating score in EVERY state in Australia, not to worry im sure those 185 employees I mean customers who left the good reviews didn't find that to be the case right. Hey NIB suddenly aren't looking so reprehensible with their pathetic Gap cover offerings.

Fact: Unless your some elderly Ms with 17 cats or some poindexter who chose clarinet over footy at high school you're probably not going to go on a review site and leave a review of the wonderful time they had with their insurance. They all seem to be 1 review people as well mmm interesting surely they couldnt be employees of the company could they, and that a very positve result on product review which doesnt really match up with real they have the 4th worst retention levels of all the 33 funds.

Do yourself a favor people smarten up and give these clowns a wide birth, they are an embarrassment and a joke and contrary to their ads make no mistake about it you will hate them.

Melbourne

Private message

They cancelled the membership but NO REFUND!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

Had to pay the first month for the OVHC so inlaws were covered upon arrival in Australia, but a week later Frank Insurance cancels the membership and NO REFUND! I explained to them that immigration wanted a specific health insurance and they were going to accept whatever I found (even if it was specific to working visa) as long as it met immigration requirement (8501 compliant), but no empathy on their part. However they were HAPPY TO ACCEPT PAYMENT FOR A SERVICE THEY DIDN'T PROVIDE!

Mitterer

Private message

how is a estimated 4 minute wait some 20+ minutes?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2016

Is this another case of once we are a member answering our calls are no longer a priority? Disappointing. Also last time I needed to make an on line claim it took some 3 months to enact. Cheaper in not always better.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi there. We're so sorry for the delay. This is our busiest time of year and we do try to answer as quickly as possible. I can assure you that the team are working really hard! The estimated wait t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes

Fantastic Services - Incredibly Easy Claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

I have been with Frank for almost two years now. I LOVE that I get 80% back, and that claiming is so fast and easy. The only downfall would be that I just don't use my cover enough, but thats my fault not Franks! I definitely recommend Frank to friends and family.

+ Easy claiming; fast friendly service; has given me fantastic customer service!

- Not being able to claim some expenses online in members areas, but can easily be claimed through email.

Melbourne

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

I am covered on their Basic Hospital Cover which covers you in a shared room in a public hospital (including pregnancy).
When I became pregnant, I decided to be admitted as a private patient at my local public hospital. I was subsequently told that Frank barely covers me for any of my hospital fees - I am left paying an additional $1215 for 3 nights in a shared room (in addition to the $500 excess).
This wouldn't be an issue if they stated that SOME public hospitals are not covered (rather than making the false claim that all public hospitals are covered). In fact, their employees were also confused as to why I was not completely covered, and initially assured me that I was covered!
False advertising and nasty bill shock. Will be changing insurers once my baby arrives.
A shame, as I otherwise really like the way they run, with lovely phone consultants and easy communication options.

Customer service is shocking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

This is my first health insurer , TBH it was easy to join and i claim with no issues so can not complain there.
BUT customer service and member portal is dreadful.
I changed my direct debit when i joined via member portal from monthly to fortnightly to reflect my budgeting.
A month later when my next payment was due i raised a ticket via member portal to inquire on my next direct debit..no answer for days actually still no answer, direct debit came out they still charged the monthly amount.
Phoned in and call wait was over 30mins
Tried online help, 15 mins to chat with someone then another 15 mins for them to ask my date of birth and address to confirm who i was, i responded straight away then the system crashed.(i work in IT it wasn't our end)
3 days after request through member portal i still have no correspondence.
It wouldn't be an issue with full amount but its xmas and holidays coming up so every cent counts.esp when you change details a month ago to budget for Xmas.

Sydney

Insurance claim made

Any excuse not to pay claims

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2016

Deceptive - not transparent , they do heaps of audits on claims - either they refuse to pay out or pay then demand their money back - because of the fine and hidden clauses not made known to consumers - even their staff are clueless in these matters . Poor communication - they have cancelled accounts without informing consumers first or responding to outstanding matters - go else where, phone delays are long - averaging 40 minutes or more - go with any one else

The worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2015

On the two occasions that I spoke with customer service I experienced the worst customer service I've ever received. I found the staff to be condescending and lazy. Completely unhelpful. Whenever I asked a question about their health cover (which is what customer service is there for???) they would ask "is it on the website?" I would say "I'm not sure" and they would reply "try looking it up on the website". These guys may be cheap but so are their customer service team.

Eumundi, Queensland

Verified Customer

Incorrect information given online and zero customer service offered to resolve fault.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2015

Frank promoted themselves as on online company so we decided to join online two days before the 1 April price rise. We followed the Frank website joining process and gave payment details for two annual premiums. The generated acceptance emails advised our policy started 30 March 2015. We read all the information given during the sign up process and selected their joining offer of waiver of waiting periods.

Three days later, and after the price rise we both received emails with adviice of a premium increases. We generated an email back asking why. After no response in their given 3 day response time frame, my daughter rang and was advised prices had increased as they did not bill from the website, but at a batch time post 1 April, so new rates applied. And they would no honour the web sign up details even though they admitted the website was at fault, but that was our problem as we did not look under the area for prices post 1 April. Why would we, it did not apply as we where joining on 30 March!
I then rang to question this invalid website sign up correspondence and was parroted the same reasons. Not prepared to honour their website sign up generated paperwork. They could not cancel payment process without 7 days notice as it was batched.

We cancelled our annual policies and then had to wait till 30 April to have our funds returnrd. Email responses not answered inside their given 3 day time frame, no interest in resolving our situation because their website process was incorrect.

From our perspective a poor experience, we had to pay higher post 1 April rates with another insurer and lost the opportunity for bonus offers available in the market place at the time.

Private message

Good-value option

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

We joined Frank earlier this year in March. Due to a bit of a mess up we missed out on paying the 2012-13 premiums, which wasn't handled by the company very well as it was hard to get a hold of them via phone (closed on weekends) so we ended up paying a lot more than we originally hoped. Apart from that, their cover is really excellent. 80% back for all providers is a huge help for us. We've had no issues claiming at all and requests have been dealt with promptly. It's largely done all online so there's not much to report on in terms of customer service but their generous payments and high maximums was a stand-out for us compared to all other funds. I would recommend them!

+ Great value for money, easy to claim, don't have to stick with any providers

- Closed on weekends, sometimes long wait times on the fphone

Sydney

• 2 comments

Terrible experience so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

Just switched to Frank from AHM - was quite impressed with the initial communications and pricing. However, during switch-over experienced the following:
- Wrong rebate tier was applied, was lucky enough to open Member area and check details, then had to call back to get this fixed
- Waiting period already served with AHM seem to be transferred incorrectly
- After just a week of being with Frank lost my access to Member area. Access has been restored a week after, the Member area is still broken, since access to Make Claim area still not working
- Email describing the problems with Member area advised to send claims via email, however it has been already few days and still not processed and no replies

At the moment trying to submit tickets via member portal. If not resolved in next or so, would have to have a joy of switching provider again.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Roman! I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. Can you please inbox me with your details and I'll get everything sorted for you today? Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, please adviсe how would you prefer to receive my details? Don't see any private messaging function on this website.

HI Roman! You can email me directly at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au

Gold Coast

• 1 comment

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

I agree 100% with mr yes.
I took up pregnancy cover 18 months ago and now I find out I'm not covered in a private hospital. What's the point of having pregnancy cover if your not covered? I believed I was covered that's why I took out private cover. I was fully covered years ago with Medibank.
When trying to resolve the issue this morning- the girl I spoke to was so unhelpful and when I said that I would go elsewhere she encouraged it. Just rude. No attempt to escalate the problem or come up with a solution. Your way or the hiway attitude. I will definitely be changing cover with another provider.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. I am so sorry to hear of your negative experience. Can you please inbox me with further details? I'd really like to provide coaching for the person you spoke to and see if there's anything else I can do to assist. Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, what's the email address to email you on? Jessica @FrankHQ is not a valid email address.

Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. You can email us at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au Thanks!

Gold Coast

Verified Customer

Frank Health Insurer is misleading overseas customers holding working visa cover

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2016

Recently when I got into hospital with a minor injury I was confident that Accidental Injuries are coved by Frank, however I was given a $750 bill for 20 minutes appointment with hospital staff and, as turned, Accidental Injuries were not covered. So, this provider is very clever, as you will find on their working visa cover overview on the left-hand side, where they put the heading "What's covered" also what is not covered but it looks from first sight they cover everything and I was caught by that. This is misleading and also unethical and my first point is that the health insurer has to highlight the word "except" on the left-hand side for its customers to pay more attention to it, because the insurer put ticks for those services which are not covered in the same column under the heading "What's covered". In my point of view the provider had to put crosses not ticks or put all not-covered services on the right-hand side under the heading “What’s not covered”. Another point is that the working visa cover is mostly for internationals, for them English is a second language, so all the Information should be presented simply, clearly and without any tricks. I agree with another person that even if this insurance is cheap your cover is expensive because it covers almost nothing - 7 services are covered and 21 are not. I advise all new customers to read carefully and ask for a professional help before joining Frank in order to avoid creasy bills.

Canberra

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Misleading advertising, Frank 457 overseas cover provides almost no coverage

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2016

The costs for nearly nothing are high. The only thing that Frank will cover is when you are actually admitted to a hospital, for more than one day. They do NOT COVER emergency services at all! It if quite ridiculous actually, they will cover the ambulance to the emergency room, but not the emergency service itself.

Nowhere in any of the documents and the contract that I had with Frank did it state this important condition, that emergency services are not covered.

UPDATE:

After going to the health ombudsman, Frank paid my claim, which I appreciate, since they were not legally required to do so. However, until they include the specific clause that emergency services are not covered in their PDS, I'll leave this review at 2 stars.

I really wish that Australia would just allow temporary residents to buy into the public healthcare system, even at double the cost, instead of forcing us into the terrible private health market, which essentially covers nothing anybody needs most of the time.

Very Poor customer exsperience

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2016

Frank were quick to sign me up as a new customer, but offered poor customer service once I was a member! I'm switching after only joining 2 months ago. To be frank, I am disappointed

Insurance claim made

Fantastic customer service- quick and simple claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2016

Sign up process was very simple online with the assistance of the online chat. Within 48 hours of signing up I received a phone call from Frank to go over my cover and discuss coverage with me. Very professional and helpful. I have made a couple of claims online- very simple and quick process. I received my refund amount to my bank account the next business day, no fuss, no hassle.
Extras cover is very generous compared to some of the well known mainstream providers- will recommend Frank to whomever will listen.
So far extremely happy with the experience of being insured with Frank!!

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Cheap things aren't good.. Misleading Customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I purchased the frank insurance couple of days ago, OVHC 485 visa. Member no. 298598

I purchased on 18th of March 2017, the cover is so confusing that i thought the Gp services are covered but anyhow it wasn't and then i planned to cancel the service to get my refund. I called up frank asked for refund and the lady told me you can buy another insurance first from a different company and then call us back for the refund. I did the same paid $250 to other company for medical insurance and called frank back and the guy who answered said we can't refund you the money as you just purchased couple of days ago which is less then a month. I mean i paid for full month and what do i get nothing!!! I paid other company aswell so in total i am losing $380. They are misleading people.

Someone truly said cheap things aren't good and i understood it today.

Hope your company survives in future by ripping people off !!

Really disappointed

Chirag

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Chirag, we're sorry that you have had a negative experience with Frank, it's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our other reviews, lots of members are super happy a... read more »

You guys have all the information of mine if you would like solve my problem why do i need to email you personally??

And moreover the email address you have provided to me isn't correct..

Well guys be aware of what you buying..

Please email me from your side.
Chiragdhawan92@gmail.com for personal contact-0415624184

1 of 14 pages

I am new to this but I've just been diagnosed with a heart condition that will in future require surgery and hospital stay in ICU for approx 3 nights and than a further 7-9 days in hospital with follow ups with a cardiologist. Could you tell me what would be the best option for me. I'm a single female aged 41yrs living in Eastern Melbourne. I understand there are wait times, that is fine. I have no interest in pregnancy or anything relating too but I also will need to have a tummy tuck and breast lift due to excessive weight loss which is causing me great discomfort and pain. Do you have a policy that will also benefit me for those procedures? I am interested in hospital and extra cover. Thank you.

Natures G asked on Sep 22, 2017

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Answer this

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Regards,
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form
Regards,