Filter By:

Verified Customer

It's not a good choice to go with frank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I will give you 0 rating as one customers support says you eligible for claim and other say you are not so whom to believe I would rather go with other insurance just stuck with this insurance company

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jimmy, We'd like to make sure that you have the correct policy information for the product that you're on. If you would like us to follow up this further, please private message [email protected] read more »

Melbourne

Verified Customer

this was by far one of best value Health insurance choices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

recently changed to Frank HI from NIB due to annual increment from NIB was not acceptable.So far the customer service was quite good and they keep try to explain those complicated policy in simple way.
As result, on monthly, I saved $60 per month for better family level cover (Extra+Hospital).
For extra, Compare to NIB, pretty much covered similar options with slight less annual limits
For Hospital, far more better in medium level compare to basic hospital cover from NIB (of which was told useless from broker)
Overall, claim process also easy to follow(claim on spot) and customer service was very good.
To be Frank, please keep the level of service so that you will add one more loyal customer.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi James,
Thanks for the review! At Frank, we try and keep things simple and affordable so its great to hear that you've been happy with your experience to date.
Christina - Team Frank

Don't USE Frank Health Insurance!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I called up to use Franks policy for tax purposes. This was explained on the call as I'm on a 457 visa. I was informed that I had to have the policy due to being on a 457 visa, this isn't correct. I'm a British Citizen and have Medicare. You only need the insurance when you first enter Australia.

However due to tax purposes I was keen to keep the policy but wanted to ensure it was sufficient when making a tax return. I was told that this was the minimum that I would need. So I decided to stick with the policy I was on.

It now turns out that the policy wasn't sufficient so I've been paying them for nothing for over a year! hence, I would avoid Frank all together when considering health insurance.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi JMC, Whilst we're disappointed to see that you have been frustrated with Frank, we appreciate you taking the time to identify your issue. Whilst you may have sought out alternative cover sin... read more »

Perth

Private message

Read the fine print when you claim with Frank health insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I had been with Frank for about a year and thought they were v good insurance for the good price per month, the insurance i had was basic with some private.
Now you'd think I'd be covered for most illnesses even though I was on a relatively lowish cover, but I was soon to discover that it was far from the truth.
I had discovered I had a certain form of cancer, of course it was a shock, went to the docs, and referred to a specialist which was ok, but when it came to the having the op I found I was not covered for cancer in any shape or form.

I definitely was not cover for any operation theatre or anaesthesia or operation room or doctors fee, basically nothing apart from a private room in a public hospital, oh also the excess was $500 which I was happy to pay, but the max Frank health insurance was going to pay towards the procedure once I had paid the excess was $125 for all my doc and specialist were astounded at the incompetence if this, so I opted to go public as this was the only option I had left, no complaints with this system as I had amazing care and are still having amazing care which makes me wonder why I bother with crappy private health care like Frank.

The staff at Frank however were quite useless, great with the info of what I apparently wasn't covered for and told that it was all in the fine print, so be careful folks this company says it's good but apparently it's not.

It's a shame that now I am forced to wait another year for the coverage i need with another company, thanks to the fine print at Frank's health insurance, but for a few dollars more I get a hell of a lot more ..... Be care to make know what you're covered for on your health insurance folks it may just save your life.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Nick, We're sorry that the level of cover that you joined Frank on wasn't appropriate for the serious health issues that you unexpectedly faced. We understand that health insurance can be ... read more »

Reasonable OVHC insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

It is a very good value policy and easy to set up. If you have any problems, the customer support will try their best to help you sort out the issues.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Cynthia,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank!

• 1 comment

Great, Caring Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Very happy with the customer service. Kimberley Dubberley spend a considerable amount of time answering and explaining all my questions. A lot of other agents from other companies display a sense of urgency when dealing with so this was a really pleasant customer experience. These guys show a lot of genuine care when dealing with. Thanks Shar & Tosh

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Shar & Tosh, At Frank, we know that Health Insurance can be complicated. That's why we'll spend as much time as you need to make sure you're on the right product and getting the best value from ... read more »

Verified Customer

Cheapest but only to avoid levy surcharge

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Don't feel it is a good value as I never used it since I joined them 4 years ago, the only reason I keep it is because it is the cheapest one to avoid a levy surcharge.
Policy is relatively easy to set up, everything was done online so I don't experience any hustle.
No comments to the customer support as I never used it, the only thing delights me is that I can get a discount for the Mt Buller SKI day pass when I'm a Frank Health member.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

HI Shinshin,
Thanks for taking the time to add a Frank review.
That's the thing about hospital insurance, you hope you never have to use it, but in the event you do it's nice to know you have it.
Here's to ongoing great health!

Arrears with no warning

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

The policy was very easy to set up and at first I thought it was good value, until my credit card expired. The service was rejected as I had forgotten to update Frank with my new card details. I did so and was assured all was well. The next month, I noticed that no money had come off of my account. I called and was assured there were no issues. The same issue happened a month later. I assured them that if my bill was being paid, it wasn't by me and that they should investigate. Again, they assured me there was no issue and passed me on. Come the third repeat of this issue, I have just got off of the chat line with them to discover that I am in arrears of 3 months and that they 'informed me.' They did no such thing. I would argue the opposite actually, they assured me there were no issues. Given my visa status, I can be deported after being in arrears for 2 months. The fact that this was brought to their attention 3 times and that nothing happened makes me feel that Frank do not care for their customers at all, they are not concerned about fraudulent activity, they only care if they see money in their account.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Lozzo, We're extremely disappointed to hear about your experience. You were proactively managing your membership payments and unfortunately due to an error on our part, have been negatively affe... read more »

Northcote

generous subscription.
low cost.
easiest I've ever used.
Parent company is GMHBA.

Cheers frank peeps, well put together, best alternative out there by a long long way

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Giles!
Thanks for the great overall summary of why Frank works for you.

Simple, affordable, great cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Good value, easy to understand terms and always know how much I'm getting back- 50% or 80%, not this '$25 for first consultation and then $16.50 thereafter' and different rates for different services. It's always the same until you run out. Always helpful staff and love the little jokes they insert here and there. It's easy to change my policy to get more cover or less, when I want to.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Julianne, thanks for the review! Percentage back on extras is just one way we try and make things simple for members.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

easy and simple

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

Frank is an amazing health insurer.
It was by far offered the best value for money. Claims are easy and fast to process. When there are any question there services either via phone, email or online chat a very responsive.
I had to cancel due to my financial circumstance and the cancellation process was so easy!
I highly recommend Frank health insurance to anyone looking for an simply and easy cover that provides good value for money.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jal, we appreciate you taking the time to give Frank 5 stars! We look forward to helping you find a cover that suits once your circumstances change.
Christina, Team Frank

I connected to the webchat to get some questions answered. Courtney was very helpful and prompt and

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

This was really easy to do and the response was quick. It was real time. If the health insurance is as good as the call centre, we'll be very happy..

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Harvo, thanks for the review! Web chat is the go to channel if you have a few questions you're looking to have answered quickly.

Online service

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

It was fast and convenient just to chat. All my questions were answered without being placed on hold. So far, I haven't had any problems with claims and have had better returns than BUPA!
Thanks!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Adri! We're happy to hear you've seen better returns after your switch to Frank!
Christina, Team Frank

very fast service - love the online chat

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

This is not an overall review of the health fund, but just the online chat service, who resolved my query very quickly. So much faster than sitting 'on hold' listening to terrible music

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Blue Mimi! We have to agree that using web chat is quick and easy, but don't be worried about terrible music if you do have to pick up the phone. At Frank, we know nobody likes boring on hol... read more »

No wait time and my question answered clearly in minutes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Awesome service! Was enquiring about swapping to over from one of the big names and the service Emma provided was quick and clear and outstanding - definitely my decision to swap easy. Thanks!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for giving Frank 5 stars Steph! Fantastic to hear that Emma was able to make the experience easy for you. We'll definitely pass on your feedback

Sydney

• 1 question

Insurance claim made

Fast response, great service, friendly staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

I had private health insurance provided by my company and have been through some of the big names such as NIB, and GU Insurance. Now that I left them I had too look for my own so I've signed up with Frank because they were good value after lengthy research over Internet. Was little weary at first because I never heard of them but soon realised it was the best decision I could possibly have over countless insurers out there. I've joined 8 months ago and unfortunately had to make some hospital claims (twice) and the preexisting condition process was really quick and every time I called you get wonderful friendly staff and was never on hold for more than 5 minutes. Long story cut short; great value cover, fast claim process, wonderful online website easy to navigate, friendly staff (looks like they are local here not some offshore call centre), and hardly any wait time on the phone when calling them. This sounds too goo to be true? Well speaking from experience! Well done Frank and I think I'll be with you for looooooooong time :)

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Pete! Sorry to hear that you've had a couple of hospital trips this year, but it's great to hear that we could help you get through them quick and easy - Christina @ Team Frank

Questions via free chat with Emma Morris

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Free chat was quick to respond. Emma answered all my questions. Will definitely be changing as the insurance provider, I am with now goes up yearly and Frank is $700 a year cheaper with a higher policy limit.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Ken! It's great to hear that you were able to find a cover that works for you and save some money at the same time!

mt martha

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Be careful

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

Make sure you write down the date, the time and the person you spoke to. Otherwise they just ignore any of your requests and even though they say all conversations are recorded they are not interested in helping you.
I rang and cancelled because I realised the terms were not suitable for us. They still took money from our account and pretended they never got the cancel call. You may be saving some money but there is no ambulance cover.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Iris, I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience with Frank. We'd like to look into this further for you - could you please email your details and member number to [email protected] read more »

Thankyou for your kind response. I can say we were pleased with the insurance price we were quoted but the staff we spoke to did not give us the correct information regarding ambulance cover. The... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Quick to take your money, but not so quick to send out your insurance card

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Quick to sign you up and quick to deduct your money, but not so quick in sending out your card. Its been more than two weeks. I had to call them up and issue a new card. Apparently they wrote down my address wrong inspite of spelling it out to the representative. (They forgot to put in a whole line of the address.) Now I have to wait another 2 weeks to see whether it arrives or not. They are happy to charge you a very high premium, but when requested for the card to be sent using a quicker, they flatly refused. I guess spending $10 to send out the card quickly by registered post to an user in need is gonna cut into their profit margins.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Customer service experience outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

New customer to Frank . I was very impressed with the customer service /support provided by one of the team members "Michelle " . Truly high quality/sincere / helpful . I am hopeful that all my dealings with Frank will prove to be as good so keep up the good work and management please value your team members !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

We're so happy to hear about your experience Jenny! We'll definitely pass on your great feedback to Michelle. Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

1 of 14 pages

I am new to this but I've just been diagnosed with a heart condition that will in future require surgery and hospital stay in ICU for approx 3 nights and than a further 7-9 days in hospital with follow ups with a cardiologist. Could you tell me what would be the best option for me. I'm a single female aged 41yrs living in Eastern Melbourne. I understand there are wait times, that is fine. I have no interest in pregnancy or anything relating too but I also will need to have a tummy tuck and breast lift due to excessive weight loss which is causing me great discomfort and pain. Do you have a policy that will also benefit me for those procedures? I am interested in hospital and extra cover. Thank you.

Natures G asked on Sep 22, 2017

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Answer this

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form

See all 22 questions about Frank Health Insurance