Filter By:

Adelaide

• 1 question

Easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

I actually went through comparethemarket because i wanted to find a cheaper, good quality health insurance and they referred me to Frank. At first i was skeptical because i had never heard of Frank where i live in Australia however i decided to give it a chance since it gave me cover for what i needed. I'm glad i did because Frank is not-for-profit and i pay only a 40% gap on all services. I had a pregnancy massage which was $99 and only paid $39.60 compared to my previous insurance, i paid like $80 with almost top extras cover with my other health insurance. Live chat is also great to use and questions are quickly answered. Happy i made the change!

Insurance claim made

Best cover I have ever had.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

Franks health was recommended for me by I select. Best advise I have ever taken. . I’m 71 years of age
I have been very satisfied with the cover I received being an older person I have used my Hospital cover a few times in the past 5 years.
Highly recommend Franks

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Carole, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It is so nice to hear that we are able to provide you with a cover that suits your needs. If you ever require assistance please ... read more »

Insurance claim made

The best customer service Ive ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Melanie on the Chat is patient and amazing to speak with. She sorted out all the issues in about 2 min flat and stayed with me on the line until I had worked it all out.
Frank is great with price, customer service and there professionalism is outstanding.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Emma, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, I will be sure to pass your feedback on to Melanie! I am so glad that your issue was resolved efficiently and that Mel stayed with... read more »

• 4 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Frank is not different from any other insurance companies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

You will only get to know how good/bad an insurance company is when you try to claim. Frank is exactly same.
Everybody says read the fine print; but there was no fine print to read in my case.

My case goes like this.
I have full hospital and 50% extra cover. I was asked to undergo a sleep study by my GP. Since it was urgent due to my medical condition, he asked me to get it done privately rather than waiting under the public system. The private practise did an in-home sleep study and I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. GP advised me to use a CPAP machine because by oxygen level was going below 50% during sleep (Means I can die any time during my sleep).
I wanted to check with Frank before purchasing the CPAP machine. The web chat summary goes like this:

me: May I know my cover for sleep study and CPAP machine purchase?
frank: Since sleep study was done in-home we dont cover that
me: ok. what about CPAP machine? Is it covered?
frank: we don't cover health appliances in any of our products
me: ok. In all hospital admissions and on-site claims, I select GMHBA as my provider (parent company of Frank) since Frank is never there in the drop down options. GMHBA covers a part of the cost for CPAP in their policies. Could you direct me to Frank specific PDS/policy where they talk about health applicance not covered?
frank:exited chat

Seriously??For an assistant in an online chat to tell me that healt appliance is not covered, they should have written it somewhere, right? I am asking them to publish that document since there is no mention of such a thing in customer available PDS/policy.
So it makes me believe that Frank has got two set of PDS/policy. One is customer visible and another is internal. And needless to say they follow the internal one.

That is the reason I said there was no fine print for me to read before I selected this policy. Man, insurance companies are cunning and Frank is no different.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi AMATS, thank you for taking the time to provide a review. CPAP machines are not covered as part of a Hospital product- they are only included in your insurance under the extras cover. The inform... read more »

Hello there, thanks for the response. Exactly my points if you look closely at your comments. 1) Don't you think this information has to be made available before I join so that I can make an inform... read more »

Langwarrin

Would have given 0 stars if possible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

When we signed up for Frank Health online some 2 years ago it stated the policy option to be covered in a Private or Public hospital but treated as a Private Patient with doctor of our choice. This is lie we now find it does not cover Private Hospital and is only a Private patient in a Public hospital when available. Only choice of doctor depending on roster and a waiting list with $500 excess. No ambulance no joint reconstruction in a Private hospital, theatre??? gastroscopy ??. Basically for 2 years we have been paying more than for MEDICARE!!! When I chatted online, it was basically we should have checked. To go to another health provider for the cover we originally wanted we have to wait 12 months to be covered. We have no health issues at present but basically no protection either!!
Private Insurance has become a waste of money. I will be cancelling our health insurance and put my money aside because whenever you want to claim it is not covered.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi gloworm, I am sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience and that you were not covered for services that you needed. All of the information that we provide both on our website and any... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 answers

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great insurance benefits and the team at Frank

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

Initially referred by an acquaintance to Frank Health Insurance. After comparing to my existing fund,which was only extras due to $$, I change and opted to include hospital cover as well...Why?... great cover benefits and financially cost effecti and manageable.
Then 5 months out from completing my 12 months membership an accident resulted in requiring ankle surgery. Needing assistance to understand the Pre Existing Condition (PEC) requirement for less than 1 year membership the team at Frank Health could not have been more helpful and knowledgeable. They provided the forms and due to the tight surgery date went out of their way to expedite the assessment process and follows up by prompt communications with me and the hospital.
With Frank Health you are not just a number, you are not just another policy. You are treated like a person and got deal with caring team members
I highly recommend Frank Health Insurance
For value. For products. For the excellent service. For the fabulous team members and they product knowledge

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks so much for your review TjP. We do our best to help out all of our members and understand that going in to hospital is a stressful time! I hope that you are recovering quickly after your treatment!
Best Regards,
Bianca and the Team at Frank

Rydalmere, NSW

• 15 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Exactly what I needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

100% fit to my specific needs - limits on extras are exactly what I was looking for so I have transferred from NIB. Superior customer support - was very easy to contact them and got my inquiries resolved right away. Very simple and straightforward - as compared to dozens of options other insurers I looked at offer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi dan128, I am so glad that you have found the right Frank policy to suit your needs! If you require assistance at any time, or feel that you need to review your cover if your needs change, pleas... read more »

Wollstonecraft

Verified Customer

Useless

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

It's not only that the basic coverage does not provide outpatient services for overseas visitors, there is no option to get outpatient services paying more.

Additionally, overseas visitors cannot use the website to update payment details, which means you have to contact their call center to do so.

In my opinion: useless. They just take your money, and provide no value in return.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Alex M, I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the product you took out with Frank. The Minimum Working Visa Cover is exactly that- the minimum cover you can take out to be compliant with ... read more »

Sydney

No frills policy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I transferred to Frank from NIB who I found too expensive for the basics I was receiving. Frank made it extremely simple to both transfer and make claims. Their website is seems a tad outdated and 'laggy', but otherwise everything is great.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hey Ommo, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm so happy to hear that you found the transfer and claiming process easy when you transferred to Frank. We agree, the website was sl... read more »

Gold Coast

Very Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I was sold this insurance as it was supposed to be the same as our old insurance but cheaper.
As most of us would do, I switched.
There is extras in this insurance but nothing that would be useful or that we have ever used.
I had an operation and found out Frank wouldn’t pay as it wasn’t due to an accident but it was an accident along time ago (the doctor that I had has retired and not sure where he is for reports for Frank, and the hospital doesn’t have the old paper records) I have been living with it for 30 years and thought I have too get it fixed. I was under the impression it was covered but unfortunately it cost me a lot of money.
I can only suggest you read all the fine print, unfortunately for me and my family, we are just time poor too sit down and understand all the jargon.
My Fathers wise words, Insurance is all good too have until you go too claim.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Snowy, I am sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience with Frank, it is certainly not the service we aim to provide our members. If you would be happy to send through a private mess... read more »

Hi Bianca,
That would be great if the outcome was better. Can you tell me your email please?

Sydney, NSW

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Cheapest to avoid Medicare Levy Surcharge

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

Probably not great value, but what health insurance policy is?? Especially as every year health insurance goes up way beyond the cost of inflation and is now almost unaffordable. I have never used this policy to make a claim, the only reason I keep it is because it is the cheapest one to avoid a levy surcharge. Policy is relatively easy to set up, everything was done online. Customer support seems Ok and they have the webchat thing too if you get stuck.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hey Joolzie17, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The cover that Frank offers which is the cheapest to avoid the Medicare Levy Surcharge is the Basic Hospital Cover. You are right, t... read more »

Ballarat

Would recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I have been with Frank for almost 2 years now and have made several hassle free claims. Other policies I have had have included all sorts of things that I haven't needed covered but with Frank I just get the main things I need at an affordable price.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hey Emma,
I am so glad to hear that you are happy with your cover and that the claiming process has been hassle free.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.
Kind Regards,
Bianca and the Team at Frank

Tewantin

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

RUBBISH POLICY, BASIC HEALTH INSURANCE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

You only find out if the policy is any good or not when you make a claim.
Policy was easy to set up on their website.
Answers can be a little confusing, like Question, will I have to wait in the public waiting queue to be seen. Answer, we have not known anyone to have to wait, but we can't guarantee it. Somewhere on the site in small print, you get in the queue.
FRANK Basic= public hospital, public ward, your choice of Dr./surgeon,no waiting.Thats what your told.
MEDICARE= public hospital, public ward, no choice in Dr/surgeon, get on the waiting list. Already paid for by your Medicare levy.
FRANK=basic, WHAT YOU GET, public hospital, public ward, no choice of Dr/surgeon, get on the waiting list.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Keith, Our Basic covers are just that, basic and cheaper cover for members who don’t want private hospital accommodation cover. Frank doesn’t want to disappoint anyone and makes every effort to... read more »

My surgeon operates in public hospitals, I chose a hospital that I knew he operated in, but was told it would be highly unlikely if I got him as it is up to the hospital to roster the surgeons on, not the individual surgeons choice of roster.

Private message

Amazing extras, unhappy with Hospital!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

I absolutely love my Frank extras coverage, I’m on the highest coverage and max out most categories. Unfortunately I am unhappy with their hospital coverage, I went to get an estimate for a surgery and was told although all other related types of surgeries were covered by my policy the one I needed wasn’t. I’ve kept my policy for extras with Frank and moved to RT health for my hospital coverage.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Katie,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank!
Sorry to hear that your chosen level of Frank hospital cover was not suitable for your needs but it's great to hear that you are happy with your extras coverage.
Melissa - Team Frank

• 9 helpful votes

Freeze Hospital Cover Enquiries

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

I have recently decided to freeze my basic Hospital Cover which has been part of a combo with a 80% some extras cover, and I contacted Frank through their internal website mail to confirm if that is ok or not. If that is O.K, I asked them to stop deducting from my bank account. To my surprise, they have not responded for more than 8 days. What is going on? I now have decided to cancel my membership with them all together. They do not deserve a 4.5 stars rating. Money talks!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Khoa, Thank you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your recent Frank experience and can confirm this is certainly not the experience we want for our member... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Extremely poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Very deceiving when you see the green tick on ambulance service you think you are covered but apparently NOT I need to join ambulance and they pay you back the joining fees. No other health fund does this except Frank. Very poor and deceiving on their behalf. Very unhappy customer that will not remain with this provider.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Bill, Thank you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Frank do make every effort to ensure all information on your chosen level of cover is available in your Welcome documentation.... read more »

Sydney Aust, NSW

• 3 helpful votes

Massage Massage Massage great 400 allowance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

I just renewed with Frank very happy with their service and the allowable amount for massages that I need regularly.
Easy online updated infomation when required.
Basic extras great for me 2 pairs of glasses a year, 2 teeth clean and several massages

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Bubblym,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank!
Its great to hear that you've happy with your Frank Cover.
Melissa - Team Frank

Very poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Not good value, the most popular response from their phone centre is i'm so sorry legislation doesn't allow us to cover that. the main reason i went with this was for optical and in 18 months they have allowed me to claim back $120

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi SW500,Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear your chosen level of cover did not include benefits for your recent claim. I can confirm that Frank make every effort to ensure al... read more »

Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi SW5000, Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear your chosen level of cover did not include benefits for your recent claim. I can confirm that Frank make every effort to ensure a... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Frank is not very Frank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Could not believe that when I lodged a claim for a surgery, I was told I was not covered for theatre fees which is the basis of any surgery I was told that I was not covered for it. I have checked the website and I still could not find any information about not being covered for theatre.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jin, Health insurance can be confusing, which is why we always recommend contacting Frank before any hospital admission so that we can explain how your cover works and what you can expect to pay... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

It's not a good choice to go with frank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I will give you 0 rating as one customers support says you eligible for claim and other say you are not so whom to believe I would rather go with other insurance just stuck with this insurance company

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jimmy, We'd like to make sure that you have the correct policy information for the product that you're on. If you would like us to follow up this further, please private message management@frank... read more »

1 of 15 pages

I live in South Australia and have been advised about this health insurer by I-select. We have never heard of this company in Adelaide and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to use this fund with health providers in South Australia?

Scotty T asked on Apr 07, 2018

Answer this

I hadn't heard of them either however if your health providers use HICAPS then I can't see any issues

Hi, it's an online branch of one of the big health funds, www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au no reason for it not to work in SA

do you cover colonoscopy operation ie day surgery? also cancer treatment in hospital clinics? Thank you

Ann. L asked on Feb 15, 2018

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your recent question.

I can confirm most of our hospital covers offers benefits toward inpatient admission for colonoscopy’s and cancer treatment.

To review our cover options please visit https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/

Frank also offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods if you would like to discuss our cover options and premiums further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Team Frank

Hello, I am currently on overseas health cover. I pay 75$ for my health cover per month. I have disc herniated from my spine, The doctor has suggested for me a surgery, So my question is will all my bills for surgery including hospital bed charges include..?? Am in critical situation.

Jenesh asked on Feb 09, 2018

Hi,
I’m no expert on it but if possible get any proof too say it was accident, and if you have been emitted to hospital straight away, that will be proof, with police and doctors reports. It will depend on your cover but it sounds like you may have the cheaper option so accident is the way too go as that’s where they got out of paying my bills as mine was cause from a accident decades before, so no records. Hope this helps, and hope it pans out the best for you

Hi Jenesh,

Thank you for your recent question.

I am sorry to hear you need to have surgery. We are happy to look into your Frank cover but we do not currently have enough information to access your policy for privacy and we would need to obtain a medical item number for your possible upcoming surgery.

Frank offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods so we can review your cover and discuss this further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Team Frank