Filter By:

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Easy to customise health insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2013

Frank is the third health insurer I've been with and can't imagine I'll be changing anytime soon. They allow you to choose the percentage back on your extras (dentist, osteo etc) with either 50% or 80%. This makes going to see a professional cost minimal. The selections are pretty easy too with only three options instead of a complex matrix of products that never quite seem to be exactly what you're after.

+ Inexpensive for what it is, makes you go to health professionals due to the low cost of doing so

- Nothing yet...

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 9 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Not wot u get

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2013

3 weeks ago got a quote and joined as thought WOW very nice . Today got an update $50 above first month payment ( which had been paid but only went for 2 weeks ). It would seem their simple way of doing things ..AINT .So I cancelled today filled out paperwork , scanned , emailed ..2 sorry 3hrs later was ask to fill in the paperwork
I now have to apologise to my previous insurer who was willing to beat Frank .
Plus they said if I come back things maybe dearer

+ Simple

- Simple

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Fantastic Services - Incredibly Easy Claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

I have been with Frank for almost two years now. I LOVE that I get 80% back, and that claiming is so fast and easy. The only downfall would be that I just don't use my cover enough, but thats my fault not Franks! I definitely recommend Frank to friends and family.

+ Easy claiming; fast friendly service; has given me fantastic customer service!

- Not being able to claim some expenses online in members areas, but can easily be claimed through email.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Good-value option

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

We joined Frank earlier this year in March. Due to a bit of a mess up we missed out on paying the 2012-13 premiums, which wasn't handled by the company very well as it was hard to get a hold of them via phone (closed on weekends) so we ended up paying a lot more than we originally hoped. Apart from that, their cover is really excellent. 80% back for all providers is a huge help for us. We've had no issues claiming at all and requests have been dealt with promptly. It's largely done all online so there's not much to report on in terms of customer service but their generous payments and high maximums was a stand-out for us compared to all other funds. I would recommend them!

+ Great value for money, easy to claim, don't have to stick with any providers

- Closed on weekends, sometimes long wait times on the fphone

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

The Best Health Fund Around!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2013

They have always been helpful and prompt with accessing claims. Their online system is very user friendly and their price is even better!

I normally speak to a Renato and he is just awesome. They are all just polite and helpful.

Thanks guys for being upfront and FRANK about everything.

+ Fees, rebates and service.

Canberre

Pleasantly surprised!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2014

I really only signed up for health insurance because of the tax implications and fully expected it to be a very time-consuming, expensive and generally painful process. To my surprise, it wasn't. I had to wade through some of those stupid comparison sites first, but once I had settled on Frank it was actually quick and easy. Came in well within budget, immediate cover for everything, and a good range of extras where you can select your level of cover. I chose 50% back on all services, and actually went to the dentist for the first time in a couple of years. Yay for me! And now I get half back on my sports massages as well. Just remember to spread your whole benefit out over the year.
Another thing, you claim online, takes about 5 mins to do. So easy, you don't have to send in the receipts. Last claim I entered on the Friday, and the refund was in my bank on the Monday. I was pretty impressed.
Have used their call center once, got right through and spoke to an intelligent, helpful person.

+ Excellent service, not too expensive, does what they say

Best health insurance ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2014

I needed dental work done asap and couldnt afford the expenses! Frank health insurance let me claim straight away and the prices are very affordable! I take full advantage of my policy and frank seems to give more with no hassles! I have never had a problem! Plus the refer a friend is great! The staff are very helpfull! I have refered alot of family and friends!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Good low cost insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2014

Joined Frank after looking around when the rates when up on 1-Apr... they have pretty good cover and I got family. Few things needed sorting out as xfer not as easy as you would think. Having the webchat makes it really easy and accessible especially after normal hours. Haven't had a claim (never want to) but so far they seem good so I recommend them :-).

+ Cheap, easy.

- Nothing.

Sydney

Love Frank

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2014

It's really good. It's a small name but rewards are way better than other insurances. Claims process is simple and quick. Staff is very friendly and efficient. Premium in our case was way cheaper than our previous insurer. You also get rewarded for referring friends to Frank which is great extra cash in my pocket.

+ Cost is cheaper, can claim lots, staff is friendly and sensible to deal with

The SERVICE THOUGH!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2014

I'm not even insured with them but when I enquired they were an absolute gem to deal with. I got a rep named Katherine Gore and she was so straight forward and fast when answering my million and one questions. The quote said that they cover me for the same things and amounts as my current insurer - NIB - Frank was about $20 more, BUT NO WAITING PERIODS! Need my wisdom tooth out ASAP and this is perfect!

+ Reliable, Efficient

- Only have basic or Full Hospital cover, no inbetween

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi there, Thank you so much for the great review! We just wanted to let you know that we do have an inbetween hospital cover. It's called Better Hospital cover. Details can be found here: http://w... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Frank's awesome.. I loved my experience with Frank.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2014

I had great people assisting me always and its just what I need...
Frank had the lowest prices. Their policies were straight forward and delivered exactly what they have promised...
I liked the number of choices Frank health insurance has..
Im sure you'll succeed well and soon you will be in everyone's part of life.

+ Good Customer service and great benifits

Insurance claim made

The Best Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2014

Frank provides a simple, clear and fair health insurance policy and is by far the best provider I have used. Friendly staff and an online service that is user friendly - very straight forward. Recently I had to downgrade my level of cover due to being inbetween work and Frank were happy for me to do so with no questions asked, where as my previous Health Insurance made that difficult for me and hassled me to pay more than I could afford. Thank you Frank, yay!

+ Friendly and quick service that makes sense.

Perth Western Australia

• 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Clear, simple, easy to claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2014

I am on the Hospital with 80% Extras for a family of 4 (parents and 2 teenagers). I bought this because it is clear in the benefit payout for extras. Basically, you get 80% back on what you pay, as long as the provider is registered on their system, which is easy to find out on their website, too, by making a claim (before the service) and searching for the provider. If the provider is there, cancel the claim and go back once receiving the service and paying for it. Because I know what I'll get back (80% of provider fees in my case), I know how much I am going to pay. Other providers have set benefits, sometimes depending on whether the provider is a member provider or not. Because of such uncertainty and complication, I have rarely used extras on insurance in the past, so I gave up having extras until I discovered Frank. Recently they had a no-waiting period deal on extras. In my first month, I have racked up more in rebates from Frank than what I have paid them for my first month in premiums. (Of course, this can't go on forever, but I know clearly from their policy and website what my limits are.)
The online centre is clear and easy to use. It is straightforward and doesn't bombard me with "member benefits" like "cheap" movie tickets that I'm unlikely to need (and which I can get cheaper elsewhere, anyway). Also, the web chat function is EXCELLENT! I get a response within a minute and my question answered within a few minutes. So efficient, so simple, so clear.
Frank has also made me healthier. Difficult to believe, but I have was never likely to use things like chiro in the last extras policy I had due to the uncertainty of overall out-of-pocket expenses. Because I thought I'd give it a try (due to some twinges I had but never sought help for), I found a few problems in spinal alignment. Since starting on the chiro, I have felt better in my movement and sleep. This is thanks to the chiropractor, but I wouldn't have gone to the chiro without Frank, so thank you, Frank!
Payment of claims is very quick. Everything is handled so efficiently through the online member centre. I won't be going anywhere else for a long time, I think. Thanks Frank!

+ Easy to claim, easy to calculate out-of-pocket expenses on extras, easy to see how much I have left in possible claims, fast payment on claims.

- Maybe the total benefit over a year is small, but at least I'll use what is there to claim.

Melbourne

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2014

Frank insurance is SO easy! You don't have to wait hours on the phone like you do with other insurers as you can chat online with their web chat!
Im also very happy with the option to get 80% back on all claims. it makes it worth the money knowing your actually getting money back.

+ 80% back on Clamins and simplicity

- nothing so far..

Perth

Need Health Insurance? Look no Further

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2014

Whenever I pull out my green ‘Frank Insurance’ card to pay at my health care provider(s), I receive strange look or comments such as ‘Oh not sure about that, Frank!?” “We accept most health insurance – but I’ve never heard of that one? It may not work here…” .

These comments are soon replaced by looks up surprise when they see the unusually large benefit I receive and the small gap bill I’m left with. I’ve even left store clerk workers with the details of ‘Frank’ as they’ve wanted to know more, as the benefits are so beyond the norm. I had to have repeat dentist visits for some time, and every time the lady at the desk as she put through the payment would say “ok so this one is quite costly so I’d say it’s the last one your health fund will cover’ and we’d put it through and we’d be shocked, as it would cover the cost again and again.

When you think about it, larger companies such as HBF, Medibank etc don’t strictly need to offer as competitive benefits as they have a high amount of members and are well known. For a company like Frank where you may be hesitant to join because the name quite frankly (ha) sounds like one of your mates.. the benefits need to obviously be much more welcoming.

I’ve had no problems with Frank, the benefits never cease to amaze myself and whoever is putting my payment through, and their customer service goes above and beyond what you would expect. And if you’re lucky enough, you might sign up during a promotional offer where you receive a few months free or even no waiting periods ;)

+ Great benefits

Private message

Great service! A perfect health fund.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2014

Great service from Frank Health Fund! Cheap premiums with big benefits!
I wouldn't consider any other private health fund at the moment.

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

So much better than our other health insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2014

We've been very happy with Frank. Much cheaper premiums and in terms of extras we get so much more back than we did from HCF where we were paying through the nose. We are currently looking to upgrade our insurance due to our growing family, and I am not even bothering to shop around we've been so happy with Frank. Highly recommend.

tin can bay

Loving frank

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2014

I love Frank health insurance.. I was able to get my teeth fixed quicker, not worry about have I got enough money to go see a doctor. Having monthly instalments and direct debts taken out means no stress. I just love frank.. I tell everyone he is a fantastic guy!!!

Private message

Frank has redeemed him/herself!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2014

I joined Frank in October 2014 after transferring from AHM. I went through "Help me Choose" who were great and really praised Frank. Frank's premium was $80 a month less that AHM for the same cover which was fantastic. However, I was told transferring would be "Simple" and nothing for me to do (just fill out a couple of forms on line and we'll do the rest). Yeah, not quite. After 3 weeks I had heard nothing from Frank so I sent an email requesting an update (my progress on line had not advanced) which was when I was told they hadn't received the transfer certificate from AHM. Unfortunately I had paid a double premium to both AHM & Frank so I was keen to get a refund from AHM. I just wonder if I hadn't followed this up myself whether or not anyone from Frank would have? it also would have meant that AHM would have charged me again the following month!! I hate this lack of service and it has really put a sour taste in my mouth. I now dread making a claim wondering what pitfalls are coming up. It was suggested to me that I contact AHM and request the clearance certificate myself - I would have done this straight away had I known how long it would take and that no follow up would be made by Frank. Lack of communication has caused me to not trust Frank. I hope I don't come up against any further problems.

November 10th 2014 Update:
Whilst bad service is really frustrating, it's only fair when good service has been provided since that we also share this. Once I brought my problem to Frank's attention, they quickly and apologetically fixed everything in record time. So, thanks Frank - here's to a happy future!

Toowoomba, Queensland

• 12 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 21 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent value, no fuss, easy insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2014

I have been with Frank for 3 years since my last provider, DefenceHealth, increased premiums to an absurd amount. The change over was pretty easy, I had to provide some additional info due to Army service but it was no biggy. I have intermediate hospital and top extras paid at 50 percent. We have claimed on almost every extra and had two hospital stays and both have been totally fuss free. The online services are easy to navigate, online claims are easy, and if you do need to speak to a rep they are Aussie based and easy to talk to. I have been audited for online claims, just scanned the receipts and sent them off, so do make sure you keep them. The only two glitches have been on orthodontic claims where they have not paid the correct amount, on both occasions I just gave them a call, they saw the error and fixed it up straight away. So do make sure you know what you are due on orthodontic work (it depends on how many years you have held cover). Overall I'm very happy with Frank.

1 of 14 pages

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form
Christina

I've a specific colorectal health concern. I would like to know if your Better Hospital (no Co-Payment) product covers Medicare item numbers from 32000 to 32221? Thanks.

Peter P asked on May 28, 2017

Hi Peter,
Thanks for getting in touch with Frank.
I can confirm that 'Better Hospital (no-Co-payment)' does not exclude the items you've referenced.
As always, standard waiting periods ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/waiting-periods ) and pre-existing condition rules ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/pre-existing-conditions ) would apply.
If you want to find out more about the cover or waiting periods, jump on a web chat with one of our team https://webchat.memberarea.com.au/Frank/WebChat.html and they'll be able to give you all the details.
Christina - Team Frank