Filter By:

Melbourne

Verified Customer

this was by far one of best value Health insurance choices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

recently changed to Frank HI from NIB due to annual increment from NIB was not acceptable.So far the customer service was quite good and they keep try to explain those complicated policy in simple way.
As result, on monthly, I saved $60 per month for better family level cover (Extra+Hospital).
For extra, Compare to NIB, pretty much covered similar options with slight less annual limits
For Hospital, far more better in medium level compare to basic hospital cover from NIB (of which was told useless from broker)
Overall, claim process also easy to follow(claim on spot) and customer service was very good.
To be Frank, please keep the level of service so that you will add one more loyal customer.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi James,
Thanks for the review! At Frank, we try and keep things simple and affordable so its great to hear that you've been happy with your experience to date.

Reasonable OVHC insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

It is a very good value policy and easy to set up. If you have any problems, the customer support will try their best to help you sort out the issues.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Cynthia,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank!

• 1 comment

Great, Caring Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Very happy with the customer service. Kimberley Dubberley spend a considerable amount of time answering and explaining all my questions. A lot of other agents from other companies display a sense of urgency when dealing with so this was a really pleasant customer experience. These guys show a lot of genuine care when dealing with. Thanks Shar & Tosh

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Shar & Tosh, At Frank, we know that Health Insurance can be complicated. That's why we'll spend as much time as you need to make sure you're on the right product and getting the best value from ... read more »

Northcote

generous subscription.
low cost.
easiest I've ever used.
Parent company is GMHBA.

Cheers frank peeps, well put together, best alternative out there by a long long way

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Giles!
Thanks for the great overall summary of why Frank works for you.

Simple, affordable, great cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Good value, easy to understand terms and always know how much I'm getting back- 50% or 80%, not this '$25 for first consultation and then $16.50 thereafter' and different rates for different services. It's always the same until you run out. Always helpful staff and love the little jokes they insert here and there. It's easy to change my policy to get more cover or less, when I want to.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Julianne, thanks for the review! Percentage back on extras is just one way we try and make things simple for members.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

easy and simple

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

Frank is an amazing health insurer.
It was by far offered the best value for money. Claims are easy and fast to process. When there are any question there services either via phone, email or online chat a very responsive.
I had to cancel due to my financial circumstance and the cancellation process was so easy!
I highly recommend Frank health insurance to anyone looking for an simply and easy cover that provides good value for money.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jal, we appreciate you taking the time to give Frank 5 stars! We look forward to helping you find a cover that suits once your circumstances change.
Christina, Team Frank

very fast service - love the online chat

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

This is not an overall review of the health fund, but just the online chat service, who resolved my query very quickly. So much faster than sitting 'on hold' listening to terrible music

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Blue Mimi! We have to agree that using web chat is quick and easy, but don't be worried about terrible music if you do have to pick up the phone. At Frank, we know nobody likes boring on hol... read more »

No wait time and my question answered clearly in minutes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Awesome service! Was enquiring about swapping to over from one of the big names and the service Emma provided was quick and clear and outstanding - definitely my decision to swap easy. Thanks!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for giving Frank 5 stars Steph! Fantastic to hear that Emma was able to make the experience easy for you. We'll definitely pass on your feedback

Sydney

• 1 question

Insurance claim made

Fast response, great service, friendly staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

I had private health insurance provided by my company and have been through some of the big names such as NIB, and GU Insurance. Now that I left them I had too look for my own so I've signed up with Frank because they were good value after lengthy research over Internet. Was little weary at first because I never heard of them but soon realised it was the best decision I could possibly have over countless insurers out there. I've joined 8 months ago and unfortunately had to make some hospital claims (twice) and the preexisting condition process was really quick and every time I called you get wonderful friendly staff and was never on hold for more than 5 minutes. Long story cut short; great value cover, fast claim process, wonderful online website easy to navigate, friendly staff (looks like they are local here not some offshore call centre), and hardly any wait time on the phone when calling them. This sounds too goo to be true? Well speaking from experience! Well done Frank and I think I'll be with you for looooooooong time :)

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Pete! Sorry to hear that you've had a couple of hospital trips this year, but it's great to hear that we could help you get through them quick and easy - Christina @ Team Frank

Questions via free chat with Emma Morris

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Free chat was quick to respond. Emma answered all my questions. Will definitely be changing as the insurance provider, I am with now goes up yearly and Frank is $700 a year cheaper with a higher policy limit.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Ken! It's great to hear that you were able to find a cover that works for you and save some money at the same time!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Customer service experience outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

New customer to Frank . I was very impressed with the customer service /support provided by one of the team members "Michelle " . Truly high quality/sincere / helpful . I am hopeful that all my dealings with Frank will prove to be as good so keep up the good work and management please value your team members !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

We're so happy to hear about your experience Jenny! We'll definitely pass on your great feedback to Michelle. Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

New Member - Great service so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

I have just joined and very impressed with the service and price so far - have saved around $100 a month from our previous health insurer. The web chat is great and I have used this several times and had a response within seconds and my query resolved very quickly. Much better than waiting an hour on the phone!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for joining Frank Brie and for the great review! We always recommend web chat as a starting point for questions - it's much quicker than the phone (and lets you multi-task online at the same time).

Very quick sign up & cancel, low cost, perfect for 457visa initial setup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

This policy is best for people looking for a Visa compliance letter and quick set up and cancel. Their web chat is very responsive and prompt. It is probably the most economical option for those starting up in the country.

Wangi Wangi

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Frank - easy join, low cost...hopeful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Seems good value - came on via iselect. Main reason for taking action was price. Locked into low price prior to April 1 2017 price rise by paying a year up front....I considered it worthwhile.
Will have to wait and see how the service is - hopefully good, although taking insurance is usually a case of hoping not to have to claim - it is a fall back in case of trouble.
My direct contact so far with Frank has been through their online chat which was helpful - Danielle able to get my enquiry sorted out promptly and to my satisfaction.
I will put up another review down the track if I do need to claim.

Live chat works great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Easy to talk to their customer service, the call/chat queues are very quick to respond, and the staff are empowered to actually help, I don't get the run-around on my queries.

Fast customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

I am just so amazed at the communication convience Frank provides to its stakehoders. I used to be a NIB client. I waited for more than 6 minutes on the phone to contact NIB but still did not wait for my turn. However, I started in a second to chat with a Frank employee through the WebChat! It's such a pleasant start with Frank. The ease of communication with Frank confirms that my decision to join Frank is right!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the 5 stars Ningjia! Web chat is a fast and super easy way of getting in touch with a Frank team member. Operating 8am to 8pm AEST Monday to Friday, there's plenty of hours in the day to chat to Frank!

Sydney

Verified Customer

Easy to sign up and easy to cancel!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

I got Frank before I moved to Australia and it was very easy and super fast to get the letter for immigration.

After some weeks of living in Sydney, my company got my another health insurance and it took me maybe 5 minutes to cancel Frank! Their Costumer Support is very impressive!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Lucas. Sorry to see you go, but we're happy to hear you were impressed with the ease and service. Enjoy your time in Australia!

Good value cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I never needed to use my insurance, but it was an excellent price. Recommended if you need cover for tax purposes (or to avoid lifetime health loading later) but aren't expecting to use it. Be aware the cheapest option doesn't cover any private hospital treatment at all.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi James,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! If you would like a quote on Frank’s alternative hospital covers don’t be afraid to get in touch.
Thanks again
Team Frank

Quick & efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

Had queries regarding my current basic hospital cover if upgrading to better hospital - Sarena was very knowledgeable and was easy to chat to online - no issues with waiting to be answered - not used my hospital cover as yet but I must say having the 48% LHC loading bites a bit when paying the premium - only 2 more years before it is removed - premiums are very good when compared to other funds.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Susan,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! We will pass this into Sarena also.
Melissa
Team Frank

Insurance claim made

Have been with Frank for a number of years - very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I changed to Frank a number of years ago after being with NIB for years and years. I have never had a problem with a claim, I get way more back than I ever did with NIB and I love dealing with them using the online chat as it is much faster than the phone and I can get a transcript of the chat.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Tania, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you are a Happy Frank Member.

1 of 14 pages

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form
Christina

I've a specific colorectal health concern. I would like to know if your Better Hospital (no Co-Payment) product covers Medicare item numbers from 32000 to 32221? Thanks.

Peter P asked on May 28, 2017

Hi Peter,
Thanks for getting in touch with Frank.
I can confirm that 'Better Hospital (no-Co-payment)' does not exclude the items you've referenced.
As always, standard waiting periods ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/waiting-periods ) and pre-existing condition rules ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/pre-existing-conditions ) would apply.
If you want to find out more about the cover or waiting periods, jump on a web chat with one of our team https://webchat.memberarea.com.au/Frank/WebChat.html and they'll be able to give you all the details.

See all 21 questions about Frank Health Insurance