Filter By:

Rip Off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Ambulance cover isnt Ambulance cover but a payment for subscription.
Payouts are based on there capped amounts eg $300 for orthodontic had i saved my money i payed them could have payed the $7000 bill Only reason i got full cover.
Read the fine print cause what you believe your covered for wont be.
Private health insurance is the ultimate ripoff.
Smug customer support take great delight in telling you to read disclosure.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Vera, thank you for taking the time to provide a review, I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your cover for Ambulance Services and with the service that you received from the Fran... read more »

Insurance claim made

Frank is not different from any other insurance companies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

You will only get to know how good/bad an insurance company is when you try to claim. Frank is exactly same.
Everybody says read the fine print; but there was no fine print to read in my case.

My case goes like this.
I have full hospital and 50% extra cover. I was asked to undergo a sleep study by my GP. Since it was urgent due to my medical condition, he asked me to get it done privately rather than waiting under the public system. The private practise did an in-home sleep study and I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. GP advised me to use a CPAP machine because by oxygen level was going below 50% during sleep (Means I can die any time during my sleep).
I wanted to check with Frank before purchasing the CPAP machine. The web chat summary goes like this:

me: May I know my cover for sleep study and CPAP machine purchase?
frank: Since sleep study was done in-home we dont cover that
me: ok. what about CPAP machine? Is it covered?
frank: we don't cover health appliances in any of our products
me: ok. In all hospital admissions and on-site claims, I select GMHBA as my provider (parent company of Frank) since Frank is never there in the drop down options. GMHBA covers a part of the cost for CPAP in their policies. Could you direct me to Frank specific PDS/policy where they talk about health applicance not covered?
frank:exited chat

Seriously??For an assistant in an online chat to tell me that healt appliance is not covered, they should have written it somewhere, right? I am asking them to publish that document since there is no mention of such a thing in customer available PDS/policy.
So it makes me believe that Frank has got two set of PDS/policy. One is customer visible and another is internal. And needless to say they follow the internal one.

That is the reason I said there was no fine print for me to read before I selected this policy. Man, insurance companies are cunning and Frank is no different.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi AMATS, thank you for taking the time to provide a review. CPAP machines are not covered as part of a Hospital product- they are only included in your insurance under the extras cover. The inform... read more »

Hello there, thanks for the response. Exactly my points if you look closely at your comments. 1) Don't you think this information has to be made available before I join so that I can make an inform... read more »

Langwarrin

Would have given 0 stars if possible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

When we signed up for Frank Health online some 2 years ago it stated the policy option to be covered in a Private or Public hospital but treated as a Private Patient with doctor of our choice. This is lie we now find it does not cover Private Hospital and is only a Private patient in a Public hospital when available. Only choice of doctor depending on roster and a waiting list with $500 excess. No ambulance no joint reconstruction in a Private hospital, theatre??? gastroscopy ??. Basically for 2 years we have been paying more than for MEDICARE!!! When I chatted online, it was basically we should have checked. To go to another health provider for the cover we originally wanted we have to wait 12 months to be covered. We have no health issues at present but basically no protection either!!
Private Insurance has become a waste of money. I will be cancelling our health insurance and put my money aside because whenever you want to claim it is not covered.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi gloworm, I am sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience and that you were not covered for services that you needed. All of the information that we provide both on our website and any... read more »

Gold Coast

• 1 answer

Very Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I was sold this insurance as it was supposed to be the same as our old insurance but cheaper.
As most of us would do, I switched.
There is extras in this insurance but nothing that would be useful or that we have ever used.
I had an operation and found out Frank wouldn’t pay as it wasn’t due to an accident but it was an accident along time ago (the doctor that I had has retired and not sure where he is for reports for Frank, and the hospital doesn’t have the old paper records) I have been living with it for 30 years and thought I have too get it fixed. I was under the impression it was covered but unfortunately it cost me a lot of money.
I can only suggest you read all the fine print, unfortunately for me and my family, we are just time poor too sit down and understand all the jargon.
My Fathers wise words, Insurance is all good too have until you go too claim.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Snowy, I am sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience with Frank, it is certainly not the service we aim to provide our members. If you would be happy to send through a private mess... read more »

Hi Bianca,
That would be great if the outcome was better. Can you tell me your email please?

Tewantin

• 2 answers

RUBBISH POLICY, BASIC HEALTH INSURANCE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

You only find out if the policy is any good or not when you make a claim.
Policy was easy to set up on their website.
Answers can be a little confusing, like Question, will I have to wait in the public waiting queue to be seen. Answer, we have not known anyone to have to wait, but we can't guarantee it. Somewhere on the site in small print, you get in the queue.
FRANK Basic= public hospital, public ward, your choice of Dr./surgeon,no waiting.Thats what your told.
MEDICARE= public hospital, public ward, no choice in Dr/surgeon, get on the waiting list. Already paid for by your Medicare levy.
FRANK=basic, WHAT YOU GET, public hospital, public ward, no choice of Dr/surgeon, get on the waiting list.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Keith, Our Basic covers are just that, basic and cheaper cover for members who don’t want private hospital accommodation cover. Frank doesn’t want to disappoint anyone and makes every effort to... read more »

My surgeon operates in public hospitals, I chose a hospital that I knew he operated in, but was told it would be highly unlikely if I got him as it is up to the hospital to roster the surgeons on, not the individual surgeons choice of roster.

• 11 helpful votes

Freeze Hospital Cover Enquiries

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

I have recently decided to freeze my basic Hospital Cover which has been part of a combo with a 80% some extras cover, and I contacted Frank through their internal website mail to confirm if that is ok or not. If that is O.K, I asked them to stop deducting from my bank account. To my surprise, they have not responded for more than 8 days. What is going on? I now have decided to cancel my membership with them all together. They do not deserve a 4.5 stars rating. Money talks!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Khoa, Thank you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your recent Frank experience and can confirm this is certainly not the experience we want for our member... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Extremely poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Very deceiving when you see the green tick on ambulance service you think you are covered but apparently NOT I need to join ambulance and they pay you back the joining fees. No other health fund does this except Frank. Very poor and deceiving on their behalf. Very unhappy customer that will not remain with this provider.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Bill, Thank you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Frank do make every effort to ensure all information on your chosen level of cover is available in your Welcome documentation.... read more »

Very poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Not good value, the most popular response from their phone centre is i'm so sorry legislation doesn't allow us to cover that. the main reason i went with this was for optical and in 18 months they have allowed me to claim back $120

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi SW500,Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear your chosen level of cover did not include benefits for your recent claim. I can confirm that Frank make every effort to ensure al... read more »

Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi SW5000, Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear your chosen level of cover did not include benefits for your recent claim. I can confirm that Frank make every effort to ensure a... read more »

Frank is not very Frank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Could not believe that when I lodged a claim for a surgery, I was told I was not covered for theatre fees which is the basis of any surgery I was told that I was not covered for it. I have checked the website and I still could not find any information about not being covered for theatre.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jin, Health insurance can be confusing, which is why we always recommend contacting Frank before any hospital admission so that we can explain how your cover works and what you can expect to pay... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

It's not a good choice to go with frank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I will give you 0 rating as one customers support says you eligible for claim and other say you are not so whom to believe I would rather go with other insurance just stuck with this insurance company

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jimmy, We'd like to make sure that you have the correct policy information for the product that you're on. If you would like us to follow up this further, please private message management@frank... read more »

Private message

Don't USE Frank Health Insurance!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I called up to use Franks policy for tax purposes. This was explained on the call as I'm on a 457 visa. I was informed that I had to have the policy due to being on a 457 visa, this isn't correct. I'm a British Citizen and have Medicare. You only need the insurance when you first enter Australia.

However due to tax purposes I was keen to keep the policy but wanted to ensure it was sufficient when making a tax return. I was told that this was the minimum that I would need. So I decided to stick with the policy I was on.

It now turns out that the policy wasn't sufficient so I've been paying them for nothing for over a year! hence, I would avoid Frank all together when considering health insurance.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi JMC, Whilst we're disappointed to see that you have been frustrated with Frank, we appreciate you taking the time to identify your issue. Whilst you may have sought out alternative cover sin... read more »

Perth

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Read the fine print when you claim with Frank health insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I had been with Frank for about a year and thought they were v good insurance for the good price per month, the insurance i had was basic with some private.
Now you'd think I'd be covered for most illnesses even though I was on a relatively lowish cover, but I was soon to discover that it was far from the truth.
I had discovered I had a certain form of cancer, of course it was a shock, went to the docs, and referred to a specialist which was ok, but when it came to the having the op I found I was not covered for cancer in any shape or form.

I definitely was not cover for any operation theatre or anaesthesia or operation room or doctors fee, basically nothing apart from a private room in a public hospital, oh also the excess was $500 which I was happy to pay, but the max Frank health insurance was going to pay towards the procedure once I had paid the excess was $125 for all my doc and specialist were astounded at the incompetence if this, so I opted to go public as this was the only option I had left, no complaints with this system as I had amazing care and are still having amazing care which makes me wonder why I bother with crappy private health care like Frank.

The staff at Frank however were quite useless, great with the info of what I apparently wasn't covered for and told that it was all in the fine print, so be careful folks this company says it's good but apparently it's not.

It's a shame that now I am forced to wait another year for the coverage i need with another company, thanks to the fine print at Frank's health insurance, but for a few dollars more I get a hell of a lot more ..... Be care to make know what you're covered for on your health insurance folks it may just save your life.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Nick, We're sorry that the level of cover that you joined Frank on wasn't appropriate for the serious health issues that you unexpectedly faced. We understand that health insurance can be ... read more »

Arrears with no warning

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

The policy was very easy to set up and at first I thought it was good value, until my credit card expired. The service was rejected as I had forgotten to update Frank with my new card details. I did so and was assured all was well. The next month, I noticed that no money had come off of my account. I called and was assured there were no issues. The same issue happened a month later. I assured them that if my bill was being paid, it wasn't by me and that they should investigate. Again, they assured me there was no issue and passed me on. Come the third repeat of this issue, I have just got off of the chat line with them to discover that I am in arrears of 3 months and that they 'informed me.' They did no such thing. I would argue the opposite actually, they assured me there were no issues. Given my visa status, I can be deported after being in arrears for 2 months. The fact that this was brought to their attention 3 times and that nothing happened makes me feel that Frank do not care for their customers at all, they are not concerned about fraudulent activity, they only care if they see money in their account.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Lozzo, We're extremely disappointed to hear about your experience. You were proactively managing your membership payments and unfortunately due to an error on our part, have been negatively affe... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Cheap things aren't good.. Misleading Customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I purchased the frank insurance couple of days ago, OVHC 485 visa. Member no. 298598

I purchased on 18th of March 2017, the cover is so confusing that i thought the Gp services are covered but anyhow it wasn't and then i planned to cancel the service to get my refund. I called up frank asked for refund and the lady told me you can buy another insurance first from a different company and then call us back for the refund. I did the same paid $250 to other company for medical insurance and called frank back and the guy who answered said we can't refund you the money as you just purchased couple of days ago which is less then a month. I mean i paid for full month and what do i get nothing!!! I paid other company aswell so in total i am losing $380. They are misleading people.

Someone truly said cheap things aren't good and i understood it today.

Hope your company survives in future by ripping people off !!

Really disappointed

Chirag

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Chirag, we're sorry that you have had a negative experience with Frank, it's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our other reviews, lots of members are super happy a... read more »

You guys have all the information of mine if you would like solve my problem why do i need to email you personally??

And moreover the email address you have provided to me isn't correct..

Well guys be aware of what you buying..

Please email me from your side.
Chiragdhawan92@gmail.com for personal contact-0415624184

Brisbane

Insurance claim made

AVOID if you want a stress-free experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Terrible customer service -- rude and surly on the phone. Unreasonable wait times when being transferred to relevant teams -- 46 minute wait for cancellation team.
Would not accept any wrongdoing when I disputed something.
Are desperate not to be hated (a lot of their marketing is concerned with this) but it's hard not to hate them.
Very frustrating company to deal with.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Go elsewhere or stay sharp for when they inevitably rip you off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Signed up to frank a year ago because I needed an insulin pump. Made this clear to them, and the pump company also notified them. Was told sure no problem, you just need to be on a wait list for a year first. Now here I am a year later and my claim was rejected, apparently several months ago they sent a single email notifying me terms had changed, buried in that pumps were excluded. Silly me for missing a single email, there goes a year of a useless insurance policy. They said my only option now is to sign up for a more expensive policy and wait another year (provided they don't pull the same thing).

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Charo, As an online health insurer, we only communicate to our members by email and the information we send is limited to important news that may affect your cover. One key communication sent ... read more »

Insurance claim made

Very poor - cheaper for a reason

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

Cheaper for a reason, do not use the online claiming portal, if there is any issue they will simply not listen to you and mark complaints as resolved without actually resolving them. Arrogant, dreadful and were reported to the NSW health ombudsman. I immediately cancelled two health insurance memberships with them.

Awful services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

I've been a Frank member since a year ago. It's shocking that they don't even pay you back what you pay for a GP!!! I'm paying 75$/ month! I don't know what will i be covered for! Nothing

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Hossein, our covers don't include benefits for GP fees as these aren't in hospital medical costs. We understand that there is lots of information when joining a health insurance cover and this c... read more »

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

I am covered on their Basic Hospital Cover which covers you in a shared room in a public hospital (including pregnancy).
When I became pregnant, I decided to be admitted as a private patient at my local public hospital. I was subsequently told that Frank barely covers me for any of my hospital fees - I am left paying an additional $1215 for 3 nights in a shared room (in addition to the $500 excess).
This wouldn't be an issue if they stated that SOME public hospitals are not covered (rather than making the false claim that all public hospitals are covered). In fact, their employees were also confused as to why I was not completely covered, and initially assured me that I was covered!
False advertising and nasty bill shock. Will be changing insurers once my baby arrives.
A shame, as I otherwise really like the way they run, with lovely phone consultants and easy communication options.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 comments

Terrible experience so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

Just switched to Frank from AHM - was quite impressed with the initial communications and pricing. However, during switch-over experienced the following:
- Wrong rebate tier was applied, was lucky enough to open Member area and check details, then had to call back to get this fixed
- Waiting period already served with AHM seem to be transferred incorrectly
- After just a week of being with Frank lost my access to Member area. Access has been restored a week after, the Member area is still broken, since access to Make Claim area still not working
- Email describing the problems with Member area advised to send claims via email, however it has been already few days and still not processed and no replies

At the moment trying to submit tickets via member portal. If not resolved in next or so, would have to have a joy of switching provider again.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Roman! I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. Can you please inbox me with your details and I'll get everything sorted for you today? Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, please adviсe how would you prefer to receive my details? Don't see any private messaging function on this website.

HI Roman! You can email me directly at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au

1 of 15 pages

I live in South Australia and have been advised about this health insurer by I-select. We have never heard of this company in Adelaide and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to use this fund with health providers in South Australia?

Scotty T asked on Apr 07, 2018

Answer this

I hadn't heard of them either however if your health providers use HICAPS then I can't see any issues

Hi, it's an online branch of one of the big health funds, www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au no reason for it not to work in SA

do you cover colonoscopy operation ie day surgery? also cancer treatment in hospital clinics? Thank you

Ann. L asked on Feb 15, 2018

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your recent question.

I can confirm most of our hospital covers offers benefits toward inpatient admission for colonoscopy’s and cancer treatment.

To review our cover options please visit https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/

Frank also offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods if you would like to discuss our cover options and premiums further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Team Frank

Hello, I am currently on overseas health cover. I pay 75$ for my health cover per month. I have disc herniated from my spine, The doctor has suggested for me a surgery, So my question is will all my bills for surgery including hospital bed charges include..?? Am in critical situation.

Jenesh asked on Feb 09, 2018

Hi,
I’m no expert on it but if possible get any proof too say it was accident, and if you have been emitted to hospital straight away, that will be proof, with police and doctors reports. It will depend on your cover but it sounds like you may have the cheaper option so accident is the way too go as that’s where they got out of paying my bills as mine was cause from a accident decades before, so no records. Hope this helps, and hope it pans out the best for you

Hi Jenesh,

Thank you for your recent question.

I am sorry to hear you need to have surgery. We are happy to look into your Frank cover but we do not currently have enough information to access your policy for privacy and we would need to obtain a medical item number for your possible upcoming surgery.

Frank offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods so we can review your cover and discuss this further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Team Frank