Filter By:

Arrears with no warning

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

The policy was very easy to set up and at first I thought it was good value, until my credit card expired. The service was rejected as I had forgotten to update Frank with my new card details. I did so and was assured all was well. The next month, I noticed that no money had come off of my account. I called and was assured there were no issues. The same issue happened a month later. I assured them that if my bill was being paid, it wasn't by me and that they should investigate. Again, they assured me there was no issue and passed me on. Come the third repeat of this issue, I have just got off of the chat line with them to discover that I am in arrears of 3 months and that they 'informed me.' They did no such thing. I would argue the opposite actually, they assured me there were no issues. Given my visa status, I can be deported after being in arrears for 2 months. The fact that this was brought to their attention 3 times and that nothing happened makes me feel that Frank do not care for their customers at all, they are not concerned about fraudulent activity, they only care if they see money in their account.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Lozzo, We're extremely disappointed to hear about your experience. You were proactively managing your membership payments and unfortunately due to an error on our part, have been negatively affe... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase

Cheap things aren't good.. Misleading Customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I purchased the frank insurance couple of days ago, OVHC 485 visa. Member no. 298598

I purchased on 18th of March 2017, the cover is so confusing that i thought the Gp services are covered but anyhow it wasn't and then i planned to cancel the service to get my refund. I called up frank asked for refund and the lady told me you can buy another insurance first from a different company and then call us back for the refund. I did the same paid $250 to other company for medical insurance and called frank back and the guy who answered said we can'
t refund you the money as you just purchased couple of days ago which is less then a month. I mean i paid for full month and what do i get nothing!!! I paid other company aswell so in total i am losing $380. They are misleading people.

Someone truly said cheap things aren't good and i understood it today.

Hope your company survives in future by ripping people off !!

Really disappointed

Chirag

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Chirag, we're sorry that you have had a negative experience with Frank, it's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our other reviews, lots of members are super happy a... read more »

You guys have all the information of mine if you would like solve my problem why do i need to email you personally??

And moreover the email address you have provided to me isn't correct..

Well guys be aware of what you buying..

Please email me from your side.
Chiragdhawan92@gmail.com for personal contact-0415624184

Brisbane

Insurance claim made

AVOID if you want a stress-free experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Terrible customer service -- rude and surly on the phone. Unreasonable wait times when being transferred to relevant teams -- 46 minute wait for cancellation team.
Would not accept any wrongdoing when I disputed something.
Are desperate not to be hated (a lot of their marketing is concerned with this) but it's hard not to hate them.
Very frustrating company to deal with.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Go elsewhere or stay sharp for when they inevitably rip you off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Signed up to frank a year ago because I needed an insulin pump. Made this clear to them, and the pump company also notified them. Was told sure no problem, you just need to be on a wait list for a year first. Now here I am a year later and my claim was rejected, apparently several months ago they sent a single email notifying me terms had changed, buried in that pumps were excluded. Silly me for missing a single email, there goes a year of a useless insurance policy. They said my only option now is to sign up for a more expensive policy and wait another year (provided they don't pull the same thing).

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Charo, As an online health insurer, we only communicate to our members by email and the information we send is limited to important news that may affect your cover. One key communication sent ... read more »

Insurance claim made

Very poor - cheaper for a reason

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

Cheaper for a reason, do not use the online claiming portal, if there is any issue they will simply not listen to you and mark complaints as resolved without actually resolving them. Arrogant, dreadful and were reported to the NSW health ombudsman. I immediately cancelled two health insurance memberships with them.

• 2 helpful votes

Awful services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

I've been a Frank member since a year ago. It's shocking that they don't even pay you back what you pay for a GP!!! I'm paying 75$/ month! I don't know what will i be covered for! Nothing

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Hossein, our covers don't include benefits for GP fees as these aren't in hospital medical costs. We understand that there is lots of information when joining a health insurance cover and this c... read more »

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Terrible experience so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Roman! I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. Can you please inbox me with your details and I'll get everything sorted for you today? Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, please adviсe how would you prefer to receive my details? Don't see any private messaging function on this website.

HI Roman! You can email me directly at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au

Gold Coast

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

I agree 100% with mr yes.
I took up pregnancy cover 18 months ago and now I find out I'm not covered in a private hospital. What's the point of having pregnancy cover if your not covered? I believed I was covered that's why I took out private cover. I was fully covered years ago with Medibank.
When trying to resolve the issue this morning- the girl I spoke to was so unhelpful and when I said that I would go elsewhere she encouraged it. Just rude. No attempt to escalate the problem or come up with a solution. Your way or the hiway attitude. I will definitely be changing cover with another provider.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. I am so sorry to hear of your negative experience. Can you please inbox me with further details? I'd really like to provide coaching for the person you spoke to and see if there's anything else I can do to assist. Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, what's the email address to email you on? Jessica @FrankHQ is not a valid email address.

Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. You can email us at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au Thanks!

• 1 comment

Insurance claim made

Not good if you need to claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

Frank tries to make everything appear straight forward and transparent, but try claiming and see how little you get back and just how much they really are lacking in transparency. Their policy details seems to conveniently leave out information that comes as a nasty shock at the time of paying the medical bills. When challenged, the staff aren't able to provide robust demonstration of how decisions are derived from their own policy documents.

I think they intentionally lead customers up the garden path just to make themselves look appealing when you sign up for their services.

Unless you like lucky dips at claim time, I recommend looking elsewhere. I'm now going to switch due to such a bad experience with Frank.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Mr Yes. We're so sorry that you have had a negative claiming experience. It's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our reviews where claims have been made, lots of me... read more »

Sorry Jessica but I've spent a lot of time already on the phone with three different staff members from Frank and found all of those experiences dissatisfying. I just don't have time to keep going ... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Any excuse not to pay claims

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2016

Deceptive - not transparent , they do heaps of audits on claims - either they refuse to pay out or pay then demand their money back - because of the fine and hidden clauses not made known to consumers - even their staff are clueless in these matters . Poor communication - they have cancelled accounts without informing consumers first or responding to outstanding matters - go else where, phone delays are long - averaging 40 minutes or more - go with any one else

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

time is important message!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

Called at 2pm....still waiting with your "we know you dont like to wait" for 20minutes and still no answer 9/8/16 Very poor service if you cant leave a message to call back!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Anna. I'm so sorry- 20 mins is way too long to be on hold. We're struggling at the moment with some staff being unwell and lots of members needing our help. We're trying very hard to rectify thi... read more »

1 of 22 pages

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form
Christina

I've a specific colorectal health concern. I would like to know if your Better Hospital (no Co-Payment) product covers Medicare item numbers from 32000 to 32221? Thanks.

Peter P asked on May 28, 2017

Hi Peter,
Thanks for getting in touch with Frank.
I can confirm that 'Better Hospital (no-Co-payment)' does not exclude the items you've referenced.
As always, standard waiting periods ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/waiting-periods ) and pre-existing condition rules ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/pre-existing-conditions ) would apply.
If you want to find out more about the cover or waiting periods, jump on a web chat with one of our team https://webchat.memberarea.com.au/Frank/WebChat.html and they'll be able to give you all the details.
Christina - Team Frank