Filter By:

Customer service experience outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

New customer to Frank . I was very impressed with the customer service /support provided by one of the team members "Michelle " . Truly high quality/sincere / helpful . I am hopeful that all my dealings with Frank will prove to be as good so keep up the good work and management please value your team members !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

We're so happy to hear about your experience Jenny! We'll definitely pass on your great feedback to Michelle. Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

New Member - Great service so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

I have just joined and very impressed with the service and price so far - have saved around $100 a month from our previous health insurer. The web chat is great and I have used this several times and had a response within seconds and my query resolved very quickly. Much better than waiting an hour on the phone!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for joining Frank Brie and for the great review! We always recommend web chat as a starting point for questions - it's much quicker than the phone (and lets you multi-task online at the same time).

Brisbane

• 2 comments

Cheap things aren't good.. Misleading Customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I purchased the frank insurance couple of days ago, OVHC 485 visa. Member no. 298598

I purchased on 18th of March 2017, the cover is so confusing that i thought the Gp services are covered but anyhow it wasn't and then i planned to cancel the service to get my refund. I called up frank asked for refund and the lady told me you can buy another insurance first from a different company and then call us back for the refund. I did the same paid $250 to other company for medical insurance and called frank back and the guy who answered said we can't refund you the money as you just purchased couple of days ago which is less then a month. I mean i paid for full month and what do i get nothing!!! I paid other company aswell so in total i am losing $380. They are misleading people.

Someone truly said cheap things aren't good and i understood it today.

Hope your company survives in future by ripping people off !!

Really disappointed

Chirag

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Chirag, we're sorry that you have had a negative experience with Frank, it's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our other reviews, lots of members are super happy a... read more »

You guys have all the information of mine if you would like solve my problem why do i need to email you personally??

And moreover the email address you have provided to me isn't correct..

Well guys be aware of what you buying..

Please email me from your side.
Chiragdhawan92@gmail.com for personal contact-0415624184

VERY HELPFUL WEBCHAT

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2017

Having just switched to Frank Health Insurance, I had a number of queries which I raised with Frank Customer Service via webchat. The person I was dealing with was extremely helpful and dealt with all of my queries quickly and efficiently and she was very helpful.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for taking the time to write a review TD49. Great to hear that you were able to get the quick answers you needed through our web chat!

Private message

Beware, it looks good THIS year, but it wont last.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Please beware. I changed over to Frank as the cost was so much more affordable. Well, now I am paying for it well and truly with my premiums now going up from $72.75 to $80.45. HOW does that compare with the "average cost rise of 4.8%"?? I am so disappointed in Frank. That is a huge cost increase. More than 10%! I have gone online to query this and whilst the customer service officer was great this is the reasoning I got - "I am very sorry, it really comes down to what policy you are on and what states people are claiming the most. As you are on a popular level of cover and happens to be high claimers on this policy it pushes the prices up.As Frank is a not for profit insurer, Frank only increases premiums to cover the costs of projected claims in the upcoming year and also to cover the cost of running the business." No true explanation, just company jargon. I was also asked if I would like to decrease some of my cover to save on cost. Why should I have to? If it had gone up 5, 6, or even 7% I can deal with that, but to go up THAT much is shameful. I will certainly be looking around once again. Shame that as their customer service is pretty good.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Insurance claim made

AVOID if you want a stress-free experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Terrible customer service -- rude and surly on the phone. Unreasonable wait times when being transferred to relevant teams -- 46 minute wait for cancellation team.
Would not accept any wrongdoing when I disputed something.
Are desperate not to be hated (a lot of their marketing is concerned with this) but it's hard not to hate them.
Very frustrating company to deal with.

Very quick sign up & cancel, low cost, perfect for 457visa initial setup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

This policy is best for people looking for a Visa compliance letter and quick set up and cancel. Their web chat is very responsive and prompt. It is probably the most economical option for those starting up in the country.

Wangi Wangi

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Frank - easy join, low cost...hopeful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Seems good value - came on via iselect. Main reason for taking action was price. Locked into low price prior to April 1 2017 price rise by paying a year up front....I considered it worthwhile.
Will have to wait and see how the service is - hopefully good, although taking insurance is usually a case of hoping not to have to claim - it is a fall back in case of trouble.
My direct contact so far with Frank has been through their online chat which was helpful - Danielle able to get my enquiry sorted out promptly and to my satisfaction.
I will put up another review down the track if I do need to claim.

Live chat works great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Easy to talk to their customer service, the call/chat queues are very quick to respond, and the staff are empowered to actually help, I don't get the run-around on my queries.

Fast customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

I am just so amazed at the communication convience Frank provides to its stakehoders. I used to be a NIB client. I waited for more than 6 minutes on the phone to contact NIB but still did not wait for my turn. However, I started in a second to chat with a Frank employee through the WebChat! It's such a pleasant start with Frank. The ease of communication with Frank confirms that my decision to join Frank is right!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the 5 stars Ningjia! Web chat is a fast and super easy way of getting in touch with a Frank team member. Operating 8am to 8pm AEST Monday to Friday, there's plenty of hours in the day to chat to Frank!

Sydney

Verified Customer

Easy to sign up and easy to cancel!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

I got Frank before I moved to Australia and it was very easy and super fast to get the letter for immigration.

After some weeks of living in Sydney, my company got my another health insurance and it took me maybe 5 minutes to cancel Frank! Their Costumer Support is very impressive!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Lucas. Sorry to see you go, but we're happy to hear you were impressed with the ease and service. Enjoy your time in Australia!

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Go elsewhere or stay sharp for when they inevitably rip you off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Signed up to frank a year ago because I needed an insulin pump. Made this clear to them, and the pump company also notified them. Was told sure no problem, you just need to be on a wait list for a year first. Now here I am a year later and my claim was rejected, apparently several months ago they sent a single email notifying me terms had changed, buried in that pumps were excluded. Silly me for missing a single email, there goes a year of a useless insurance policy. They said my only option now is to sign up for a more expensive policy and wait another year (provided they don't pull the same thing).

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Charo, As an online health insurer, we only communicate to our members by email and the information we send is limited to important news that may affect your cover. One key communication sent ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Prompt reply and quick resolution to issue

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

Prompt reply and quick resolution to issue.
The executive has responded quickly and updated the required details on my policy.
Good service by Frank.Web chat is very helpful and easy to communicate and get the things done.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Gopala,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank! We are pleased to hear you enjoy our web chat option. Thanks again for dropping by.

Good value cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I never needed to use my insurance, but it was an excellent price. Recommended if you need cover for tax purposes (or to avoid lifetime health loading later) but aren't expecting to use it. Be aware the cheapest option doesn't cover any private hospital treatment at all.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi James,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! If you would like a quote on Frank’s alternative hospital covers don’t be afraid to get in touch.
Thanks again

Quick & efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

Had queries regarding my current basic hospital cover if upgrading to better hospital - Sarena was very knowledgeable and was easy to chat to online - no issues with waiting to be answered - not used my hospital cover as yet but I must say having the 48% LHC loading bites a bit when paying the premium - only 2 more years before it is removed - premiums are very good when compared to other funds.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Susan,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! We will pass this into Sarena also.
Melissa

Insurance claim made

Have been with Frank for a number of years - very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I changed to Frank a number of years ago after being with NIB for years and years. I have never had a problem with a claim, I get way more back than I ever did with NIB and I love dealing with them using the online chat as it is much faster than the phone and I can get a transcript of the chat.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Tania, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you are a Happy Frank Member.

good health fund

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

- Top extras is good value for money with 80% back on all included items
- Easy to set up & customer service are easy over the phone and on the online chat - yes you can actually get things done using the online chat, talking to real people
- Don't plan on leaving them anytime soon!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Fra, thanks for taking time out to review Frank! We love web chat too - it definitely helps our members save time when they need to get in touch with us

Sydney

Insurance claim made

Very poor - cheaper for a reason

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

Cheaper for a reason, do not use the online claiming portal, if there is any issue they will simply not listen to you and mark complaints as resolved without actually resolving them. Arrogant, dreadful and were reported to the NSW health ombudsman. I immediately cancelled two health insurance memberships with them.

Awful services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

I've been a Frank member since a year ago. It's shocking that they don't even pay you back what you pay for a GP!!! I'm paying 75$/ month! I don't know what will i be covered for! Nothing

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Hossein, our covers don't include benefits for GP fees as these aren't in hospital medical costs. We understand that there is lots of information when joining a health insurance cover and this c... read more »

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

I am covered on their Basic Hospital Cover which covers you in a shared room in a public hospital (including pregnancy).
When I became pregnant, I decided to be admitted as a private patient at my local public hospital. I was subsequently told that Frank barely covers me for any of my hospital fees - I am left paying an additional $1215 for 3 nights in a shared room (in addition to the $500 excess).
This wouldn't be an issue if they stated that SOME public hospitals are not covered (rather than making the false claim that all public hospitals are covered). In fact, their employees were also confused as to why I was not completely covered, and initially assured me that I was covered!
False advertising and nasty bill shock. Will be changing insurers once my baby arrives.
A shame, as I otherwise really like the way they run, with lovely phone consultants and easy communication options.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

2 of 14 pages

I am new to this but I've just been diagnosed with a heart condition that will in future require surgery and hospital stay in ICU for approx 3 nights and than a further 7-9 days in hospital with follow ups with a cardiologist. Could you tell me what would be the best option for me. I'm a single female aged 41yrs living in Eastern Melbourne. I understand there are wait times, that is fine. I have no interest in pregnancy or anything relating too but I also will need to have a tummy tuck and breast lift due to excessive weight loss which is causing me great discomfort and pain. Do you have a policy that will also benefit me for those procedures? I am interested in hospital and extra cover. Thank you.

Natures G asked on Sep 22, 2017

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that you have recently found out about your heart condition, at least now that you have a diagnosis you will be able to receive the treatment that you need.
None of Frank's products exclude cardiac related treatment. However, these types of procedures are usually performed in a Private Hospital so it is best for you to steer clear of our Basic hospital products. In terms of your tummy tuck and breast lift, we could only cover those procedures if they are being performed for a medical reason (cosmetic surgery is not included on any of our covers). As long as the procedures are medically necessary they would not be excluded on any of our covers, basically that means you would be able to take out any level of cover and it will include both of the treatments that you have mentioned (again steer clear of the Basic Products as both procedures are most likely performed in a Private Hospital).
As you are already aware of the condition you have, it is classes as a 'pre-existing condition' which would be subject to a 12 month waiting period.
To help us assist you in choosing the right level of cover to suit your needs, we would need some more information about what extras services you would use. If you would like further assistance in choosing a cover please don't hesitate to contact the team on 1300 437 265 between 8a.m. and 6p.m. Monday to Friday.

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form

See all 22 questions about Frank Health Insurance