Filter By:

Simple, affordable, great cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Good value, easy to understand terms and always know how much I'm getting back- 50% or 80%, not this '$25 for first consultation and then $16.50 thereafter' and different rates for different services. It's always the same until you run out. Always helpful staff and love the little jokes they insert here and there. It's easy to change my policy to get more cover or less, when I want to.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Julianne, thanks for the review! Percentage back on extras is just one way we try and make things simple for members.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

easy and simple

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

Frank is an amazing health insurer.
It was by far offered the best value for money. Claims are easy and fast to process. When there are any question there services either via phone, email or online chat a very responsive.
I had to cancel due to my financial circumstance and the cancellation process was so easy!
I highly recommend Frank health insurance to anyone looking for an simply and easy cover that provides good value for money.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jal, we appreciate you taking the time to give Frank 5 stars! We look forward to helping you find a cover that suits once your circumstances change.
Christina, Team Frank

I connected to the webchat to get some questions answered. Courtney was very helpful and prompt and

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

This was really easy to do and the response was quick. It was real time. If the health insurance is as good as the call centre, we'll be very happy..

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Harvo, thanks for the review! Web chat is the go to channel if you have a few questions you're looking to have answered quickly.

Online service

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

It was fast and convenient just to chat. All my questions were answered without being placed on hold. So far, I haven't had any problems with claims and have had better returns than BUPA!
Thanks!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Adri! We're happy to hear you've seen better returns after your switch to Frank!
Christina, Team Frank

very fast service - love the online chat

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

This is not an overall review of the health fund, but just the online chat service, who resolved my query very quickly. So much faster than sitting 'on hold' listening to terrible music

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Blue Mimi! We have to agree that using web chat is quick and easy, but don't be worried about terrible music if you do have to pick up the phone. At Frank, we know nobody likes boring on hol... read more »

No wait time and my question answered clearly in minutes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Awesome service! Was enquiring about swapping to over from one of the big names and the service Emma provided was quick and clear and outstanding - definitely my decision to swap easy. Thanks!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for giving Frank 5 stars Steph! Fantastic to hear that Emma was able to make the experience easy for you. We'll definitely pass on your feedback

Sydney

• 1 question

Insurance claim made

Fast response, great service, friendly staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

I had private health insurance provided by my company and have been through some of the big names such as NIB, and GU Insurance. Now that I left them I had too look for my own so I've signed up with Frank because they were good value after lengthy research over Internet. Was little weary at first because I never heard of them but soon realised it was the best decision I could possibly have over countless insurers out there. I've joined 8 months ago and unfortunately had to make some hospital claims (twice) and the preexisting condition process was really quick and every time I called you get wonderful friendly staff and was never on hold for more than 5 minutes. Long story cut short; great value cover, fast claim process, wonderful online website easy to navigate, friendly staff (looks like they are local here not some offshore call centre), and hardly any wait time on the phone when calling them. This sounds too goo to be true? Well speaking from experience! Well done Frank and I think I'll be with you for looooooooong time :)

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Pete! Sorry to hear that you've had a couple of hospital trips this year, but it's great to hear that we could help you get through them quick and easy - Christina @ Team Frank

Questions via free chat with Emma Morris

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Free chat was quick to respond. Emma answered all my questions. Will definitely be changing as the insurance provider, I am with now goes up yearly and Frank is $700 a year cheaper with a higher policy limit.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Ken! It's great to hear that you were able to find a cover that works for you and save some money at the same time!

mt martha

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 8 helpful votes

Be careful

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

Make sure you write down the date, the time and the person you spoke to. Otherwise they just ignore any of your requests and even though they say all conversations are recorded they are not interested in helping you.
I rang and cancelled because I realised the terms were not suitable for us. They still took money from our account and pretended they never got the cancel call. You may be saving some money but there is no ambulance cover.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Iris, I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience with Frank. We'd like to look into this further for you - could you please email your details and member number to management@frankhealth... read more »

Thankyou for your kind response. I can say we were pleased with the insurance price we were quoted but the staff we spoke to did not give us the correct information regarding ambulance cover. The... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Quick to take your money, but not so quick to send out your insurance card

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Quick to sign you up and quick to deduct your money, but not so quick in sending out your card. Its been more than two weeks. I had to call them up and issue a new card. Apparently they wrote down my address wrong inspite of spelling it out to the representative. (They forgot to put in a whole line of the address.) Now I have to wait another 2 weeks to see whether it arrives or not. They are happy to charge you a very high premium, but when requested for the card to be sent using a quicker, they flatly refused. I guess spending $10 to send out the card quickly by registered post to an user in need is gonna cut into their profit margins.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Customer service experience outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

New customer to Frank . I was very impressed with the customer service /support provided by one of the team members "Michelle " . Truly high quality/sincere / helpful . I am hopeful that all my dealings with Frank will prove to be as good so keep up the good work and management please value your team members !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

We're so happy to hear about your experience Jenny! We'll definitely pass on your great feedback to Michelle. Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

New Member - Great service so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

I have just joined and very impressed with the service and price so far - have saved around $100 a month from our previous health insurer. The web chat is great and I have used this several times and had a response within seconds and my query resolved very quickly. Much better than waiting an hour on the phone!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for joining Frank Brie and for the great review! We always recommend web chat as a starting point for questions - it's much quicker than the phone (and lets you multi-task online at the same time).

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Cheap things aren't good.. Misleading Customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I purchased the frank insurance couple of days ago, OVHC 485 visa. Member no. 298598

I purchased on 18th of March 2017, the cover is so confusing that i thought the Gp services are covered but anyhow it wasn't and then i planned to cancel the service to get my refund. I called up frank asked for refund and the lady told me you can buy another insurance first from a different company and then call us back for the refund. I did the same paid $250 to other company for medical insurance and called frank back and the guy who answered said we can't refund you the money as you just purchased couple of days ago which is less then a month. I mean i paid for full month and what do i get nothing!!! I paid other company aswell so in total i am losing $380. They are misleading people.

Someone truly said cheap things aren't good and i understood it today.

Hope your company survives in future by ripping people off !!

Really disappointed

Chirag

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Chirag, we're sorry that you have had a negative experience with Frank, it's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our other reviews, lots of members are super happy a... read more »

You guys have all the information of mine if you would like solve my problem why do i need to email you personally??

And moreover the email address you have provided to me isn't correct..

Well guys be aware of what you buying..

Please email me from your side.
Chiragdhawan92@gmail.com for personal contact-0415624184

VERY HELPFUL WEBCHAT

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2017

Having just switched to Frank Health Insurance, I had a number of queries which I raised with Frank Customer Service via webchat. The person I was dealing with was extremely helpful and dealt with all of my queries quickly and efficiently and she was very helpful.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for taking the time to write a review TD49. Great to hear that you were able to get the quick answers you needed through our web chat!

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Beware, it looks good THIS year, but it wont last.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Please beware. I changed over to Frank as the cost was so much more affordable. Well, now I am paying for it well and truly with my premiums now going up from $72.75 to $80.45. HOW does that compare with the "average cost rise of 4.8%"?? I am so disappointed in Frank. That is a huge cost increase. More than 10%! I have gone online to query this and whilst the customer service officer was great this is the reasoning I got - "I am very sorry, it really comes down to what policy you are on and what states people are claiming the most. As you are on a popular level of cover and happens to be high claimers on this policy it pushes the prices up.As Frank is a not for profit insurer, Frank only increases premiums to cover the costs of projected claims in the upcoming year and also to cover the cost of running the business." No true explanation, just company jargon. I was also asked if I would like to decrease some of my cover to save on cost. Why should I have to? If it had gone up 5, 6, or even 7% I can deal with that, but to go up THAT much is shameful. I will certainly be looking around once again. Shame that as their customer service is pretty good.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

AVOID if you want a stress-free experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Terrible customer service -- rude and surly on the phone. Unreasonable wait times when being transferred to relevant teams -- 46 minute wait for cancellation team.
Would not accept any wrongdoing when I disputed something.
Are desperate not to be hated (a lot of their marketing is concerned with this) but it's hard not to hate them.
Very frustrating company to deal with.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very quick sign up & cancel, low cost, perfect for 457visa initial setup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

This policy is best for people looking for a Visa compliance letter and quick set up and cancel. Their web chat is very responsive and prompt. It is probably the most economical option for those starting up in the country.

Wangi Wangi

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Frank - easy join, low cost...hopeful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Seems good value - came on via iselect. Main reason for taking action was price. Locked into low price prior to April 1 2017 price rise by paying a year up front....I considered it worthwhile.
Will have to wait and see how the service is - hopefully good, although taking insurance is usually a case of hoping not to have to claim - it is a fall back in case of trouble.
My direct contact so far with Frank has been through their online chat which was helpful - Danielle able to get my enquiry sorted out promptly and to my satisfaction.
I will put up another review down the track if I do need to claim.

Live chat works great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Easy to talk to their customer service, the call/chat queues are very quick to respond, and the staff are empowered to actually help, I don't get the run-around on my queries.

Fast customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

I am just so amazed at the communication convience Frank provides to its stakehoders. I used to be a NIB client. I waited for more than 6 minutes on the phone to contact NIB but still did not wait for my turn. However, I started in a second to chat with a Frank employee through the WebChat! It's such a pleasant start with Frank. The ease of communication with Frank confirms that my decision to join Frank is right!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the 5 stars Ningjia! Web chat is a fast and super easy way of getting in touch with a Frank team member. Operating 8am to 8pm AEST Monday to Friday, there's plenty of hours in the day to chat to Frank!

2 of 14 pages

do you cover colonoscopy operation ie day surgery? also cancer treatment in hospital clinics? Thank you

Ann. L asked on Feb 15, 2018

Hello, I am currently on overseas health cover. I pay 75$ for my health cover per month. I have disc herniated from my spine, The doctor has suggested for me a surgery, So my question is will all my bills for surgery including hospital bed charges include..?? Am in critical situation.

Jenesh asked on Feb 09, 2018

Answer this

Hi,
I’m no expert on it but if possible get any proof too say it was accident, and if you have been emitted to hospital straight away, that will be proof, with police and doctors reports. It will depend on your cover but it sounds like you may have the cheaper option so accident is the way too go as that’s where they got out of paying my bills as mine was cause from a accident decades before, so no records. Hope this helps, and hope it pans out the best for you

Do you have any branches in Brisbane? Is it possible to talk with any representatives in person ? I am if online methods( email& phone call) are the only way to contact you? Thanks

Jingjing asked on Jan 31, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jingjing, thank you for your question. Frank is an online Health Insurance fund. There are no physical offices for you to visit to speak with someone in person.
Frank offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions. Frank are open 8am-6pm EST. If you click on this link it will take you through to the Frank contact page. If you are a member please include your membership details, if you are not a member of Frank please contact on one of the methods and we can discuss if it is the right fund for you. https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact
Team Frank