Filter By:
  • 1 answer

So helpful!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2016

Finally an insurance company that wants to help you! Very reasonably priced, great customer service. Always so helpful when making a claim. Online chat is brilliant rather than waiting in long queues on the phone.

Insurance claim made

Very reasonable yet plenty of coverage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2016

Definitely easily comparable to any other major insurer out there, in terms of quality of service, range of covers, easy claims, etc, only cheaper. I am definitely happy and intend to stay with them for a while

Very helpful chat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2016

Yes good value No issues in set up & Customer service brilliant Emma was extremley helpful and all my questions have been answered leaving me totally satisfied as to the outcome

Always Helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2016

So easy to understand. I always use the webchat and when giving them the item numbers, they knew exactly what I was after and gave it to me straight. There was no technical talk to confuse me.

Exceptional service and cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

Don't bother comparing health funds: just go to Frank. 10/10 for policy choice and easy peasy breezy joining and claiming. 11/10 for customer support. Shout out to Sascha who is the best of an incredibly helpful, friendly bunch of support staff. Join Frank and you'll be be the next person writing a glowing review!

Verified Customer

Unbelievable service and simple sign up!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

I spoke to Emma in Geelong tonight about changing cover over from Medibank, she was amazing. The best service i've ever received from an insurance provider. She talked me through all the details and made sure I was certain with the cover choice. The icing on the already great cake, was her outstanding empathy allowing me to complete the sign up process online at a time that was more convenient for me. Thank You!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

used Frank's webchat today and Emma Morris was extremely helpful and patient when dealing with me! she displayed som great customer service and i would definitely reccomend using webchat for queries.

Insurance claim made

Living in WA the two main providers here are terrible....FRANK is awesome 10 stars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2016

Get 80% back and can choose any provider I want, which is great as I live regional. Policy set up easy, online member area, can contact by phone, e-mail or web chat. Web chat is immediate contact

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hurrah! That's such awesomeness, Rachaelness! Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks for being a part of the Frank family.
Jess @ FrankHQ

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

Emma Finnegan was such a pleasure to deal with!. i used the online chat to enquire about my cover and she was just so helpful. So i want to say thank you to her!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Oh that's so lovely! Emma will be thrilled with that feedback. Thanks for taking the time to say thank you! :)

Terrific Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

Used Webchat. Samantha Frith came back with a response to my query about claiming my in-hospital pharmacuetical costs very quickly. Terrific & friendly service. Wish our telco was half as efficient!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Oh wow! What great feedback. Thanks, Jane! I'll make sure to pass this on to Sam. She'll be so happy. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

Private message

time is important message!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

Called at 2pm....still waiting with your "we know you dont like to wait" for 20minutes and still no answer 9/8/16 Very poor service if you cant leave a message to call back!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Anna. I'm so sorry- 20 mins is way too long to be on hold. We're struggling at the moment with some staff being unwell and lots of members needing our help. We're trying very hard to rectify thi... read more »

Fast customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2016

I Called up to ask some information i was unsure about , was very pleasantly surprised that my phone call was answer in under 1 min , i have never had that level of service from bupa it was always a 10-20 minute wait to ask anything , and the young lady i spoke to (forgot her name i am really bad at that ) had all the information i needed straight away , i was expected a 20-40 minute ordeal was done in under 5 min. Fully satisfied

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Chris. That's brilliant. We like to be able to arm our staff with all the info they need so that they can answer all questions on the spot- no transferring, no holding for ages. So glad you expe... read more »

Customer Service is great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2016

Samantha Firth was very helpful and sorted my issue immediately. I am a new customer, signed up quickly and was back on my way again.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Two in a row for our awesome staff member Sam! She'll be so happy. Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback, Richard. That's fab!

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2016

Frank's customer service is brilliant. Always quick, efficient and accurate. Thanks for your help today Samantha Firth, you made things so easy for me!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Belinda. Thanks so much for taking the time to give good feedback. I'll make sure Sam receives it too- she'll be thrilled!

Franks TOTALLY ROCK !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2016

As a relatively new member to Franks Health, I had a question I needed answered regarding which provider I could use for Optometrists..I used the online chat and my experience was AWESOME !! I spoke with Celeste who answered my question straight away and the interaction was easy, friendly and helpful.... like chatting to a mate :-) Thanks Franks ! Seriously the best decision to be with these guys....do yourself a favour, change to Franks, you won't be disappointed ! Oh and btw, I can use ANY provider !

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Claire. Thanks so much for the great feedback! I'll make sure to let Celeste know- she'll be so happy to hear that you were happy. It's so good to have awesome members like you! :)
Jess @ FrankHQ

Excellent online chat service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2016

I am writing not to comment on our policy, but instead to give praise to the online chat service that Frank offer.
I was answered within seconds of initiating a chat session and the customer service agent efficiently helped me unlock my account within minutes.
Very friendly and very useful.
Thanks!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi there! Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We love online chat too! It helps us provide service to customers quickly and simply. Thanks again! Jess @ FrankHQ

Good Civer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2016

Customer support was great! Online system was easy to use and the refunds were fast. Policy its self was good as you knew you would always get 50% back until you hit the limit, which was easy to track online

Insurance claim made

Much longer than advised wait for the chat,but very good service from agent.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

The advised wait time for chat at about 4pm was 4 minutes, but it stretched to 10 minutes, however, the agent went out of her way to help me. Thank you very much, Ms G Bartlett !

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

A bit of a wait to get to an agent but easy-peasy once you are on chat.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

Samantha was great. Easy to work with and efficient answering my questions and sending me what I needed. Thank you!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Worst Health Fund in the known Universe

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

The policy represents good value at a glance but saving $20 a month isn't worth being $10k out of pocket if you ever receive treatment from these guys.

Fact: Frank pay 120% of the MBS fee which in this day and age is grossly insufficient with what doctors charge.and almost guarantees to leave you out of pocket.

Fact: Frank pay well under the state average of Hospital Costs in EVERY state in Australia, No biggie hospital costs aren't the sort of thing people expect to be covered for with their health cover anyway.

Fact: Well under the Gap cover rating score in EVERY state in Australia, not to worry im sure those 185 employees I mean customers who left the good reviews didn't find that to be the case right. Hey NIB suddenly aren't looking so reprehensible with their pathetic Gap cover offerings.

Fact: Unless your some elderly Ms with 17 cats or some poindexter who chose clarinet over footy at high school you're probably not going to go on a review site and leave a review of the wonderful time they had with their insurance. They all seem to be 1 review people as well mmm interesting surely they couldnt be employees of the company could they, and that a very positve result on product review which doesnt really match up with real they have the 4th worst retention levels of all the 33 funds.

Do yourself a favor people smarten up and give these clowns a wide birth, they are an embarrassment and a joke and contrary to their ads make no mistake about it you will hate them.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

4 of 14 pages

I am new to this but I've just been diagnosed with a heart condition that will in future require surgery and hospital stay in ICU for approx 3 nights and than a further 7-9 days in hospital with follow ups with a cardiologist. Could you tell me what would be the best option for me. I'm a single female aged 41yrs living in Eastern Melbourne. I understand there are wait times, that is fine. I have no interest in pregnancy or anything relating too but I also will need to have a tummy tuck and breast lift due to excessive weight loss which is causing me great discomfort and pain. Do you have a policy that will also benefit me for those procedures? I am interested in hospital and extra cover. Thank you.

Natures G asked on Sep 22, 2017

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that you have recently found out about your heart condition, at least now that you have a diagnosis you will be able to receive the treatment that you need.
None of Frank's products exclude cardiac related treatment. However, these types of procedures are usually performed in a Private Hospital so it is best for you to steer clear of our Basic hospital products. In terms of your tummy tuck and breast lift, we could only cover those procedures if they are being performed for a medical reason (cosmetic surgery is not included on any of our covers). As long as the procedures are medically necessary they would not be excluded on any of our covers, basically that means you would be able to take out any level of cover and it will include both of the treatments that you have mentioned (again steer clear of the Basic Products as both procedures are most likely performed in a Private Hospital).
As you are already aware of the condition you have, it is classes as a 'pre-existing condition' which would be subject to a 12 month waiting period.
To help us assist you in choosing the right level of cover to suit your needs, we would need some more information about what extras services you would use. If you would like further assistance in choosing a cover please don't hesitate to contact the team on 1300 437 265 between 8a.m. and 6p.m. Monday to Friday.

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Regards,
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form
Regards,