Filter By:

Very efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

The phone 'cue' was 20 minutes long as stated right at the beginning of the call, so I went for the chat option and had my challenge handled extremely efficiently and effectively.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Jared! We've been super busy lately, so we apologise for the long queues. However, web chat is always a good option! Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback. We really appreciate it!
Jessica
Team Frank

Insurance claim made

Super helpful, friendly staff!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

I just had a web chat with Mel and she was great - friendly, helpful and informative. I highly recommend Frank! They have great benefits back on extras and it's easy to get in contact with them via web chat.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Kristy! Nice to hear from you again :) I'll pass on the fabulous feedback to Mel. She'll be stoked.
Jessica
Team Frank

• 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Love it, only used extras so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2016

I love getting generous rebates with any provider. Over the counter and online claims are easy, web chat is quick and I like that you can download the chat (in case of future dispute). I hope the hospital cover is just as straightforward as extras has been.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for the fabulous feedback! You're a legend for taking the time to stop by. Hospital cover is a bit more complicated, but we're hoping you'll be just as satisfied. If you're... read more »

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Terrible experience so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Roman! I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. Can you please inbox me with your details and I'll get everything sorted for you today? Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, please adviсe how would you prefer to receive my details? Don't see any private messaging function on this website.

HI Roman! You can email me directly at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au

Gold Coast

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

I agree 100% with mr yes.
I took up pregnancy cover 18 months ago and now I find out I'm not covered in a private hospital. What's the point of having pregnancy cover if your not covered? I believed I was covered that's why I took out private cover. I was fully covered years ago with Medibank.
When trying to resolve the issue this morning- the girl I spoke to was so unhelpful and when I said that I would go elsewhere she encouraged it. Just rude. No attempt to escalate the problem or come up with a solution. Your way or the hiway attitude. I will definitely be changing cover with another provider.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. I am so sorry to hear of your negative experience. Can you please inbox me with further details? I'd really like to provide coaching for the person you spoke to and see if there's anything else I can do to assist. Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, what's the email address to email you on? Jessica @FrankHQ is not a valid email address.

Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. You can email us at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au Thanks!

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Not good if you need to claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

Frank tries to make everything appear straight forward and transparent, but try claiming and see how little you get back and just how much they really are lacking in transparency. Their policy details seems to conveniently leave out information that comes as a nasty shock at the time of paying the medical bills. When challenged, the staff aren't able to provide robust demonstration of how decisions are derived from their own policy documents.

I think they intentionally lead customers up the garden path just to make themselves look appealing when you sign up for their services.

Unless you like lucky dips at claim time, I recommend looking elsewhere. I'm now going to switch due to such a bad experience with Frank.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Mr Yes. We're so sorry that you have had a negative claiming experience. It's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our reviews where claims have been made, lots of me... read more »

Sorry Jessica but I've spent a lot of time already on the phone with three different staff members from Frank and found all of those experiences dissatisfying. I just don't have time to keep going ... read more »

no fuss insurer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2016

good value for money and quick to respond via web chat. Haven't tried calling them. Online portal works well and is simple and easy to understand. Web chat amployee was friendly and easy to deal with.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Aleks! Thanks for taking the time to provide such a great review. We love web chat too and its a popular way of getting in touch with us. Thanks again! Jessica @Frank HQ

Caloundra

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Straightforward Extras Health Cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2016

Good customer support, helpful on the phone. Good website where you can access all your records easily. I like the no frills approach of Frank - plain language easy to understand. I get more benefits with Frank than I had with my two previous providers.

Insurance claim made

Should have switched to them earlier.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2016

Excellent value for money. Easy to set up.
Wouldn't recommend the phone option, but chat gets answered very quickly, and they know what they are talking about. Was over 12 years with another provider, and not happy.

Great insurer, good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2016

Competitive pricing
Really good coverage, easy to understand policies
Easy to use online portal for claims etc
No 'member's choice' provider scheme - just coverage for all providers
Good to deal with over the phone or live chat

....Excellent customer service....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2016

.....I had a number of questions to ask Frank Health this afternoon, & their customer service was absolutely excellent.....the lady that assisted me took time to fully explain everything to me, & answered all my queries to my complete satisfaction.....

Very user friendly website - online chat - delightful staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

I emailed them (at night) with a question shortly after I joined and I received a personalied email response by lunch time the following day. Very friendly and easy to use - great value

4 of 22 pages

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form
Christina

I've a specific colorectal health concern. I would like to know if your Better Hospital (no Co-Payment) product covers Medicare item numbers from 32000 to 32221? Thanks.

Peter P asked on May 28, 2017

Hi Peter,
Thanks for getting in touch with Frank.
I can confirm that 'Better Hospital (no-Co-payment)' does not exclude the items you've referenced.
As always, standard waiting periods ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/waiting-periods ) and pre-existing condition rules ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/pre-existing-conditions ) would apply.
If you want to find out more about the cover or waiting periods, jump on a web chat with one of our team https://webchat.memberarea.com.au/Frank/WebChat.html and they'll be able to give you all the details.
Christina - Team Frank