Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Great insurance and customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2016

Frank offers good value for money insurance, and their web chat customer service is excellent. They were able to resolve my query super fast online with no need for waiting time on the phone

Melbourne

Web Chat Agent Excellent Service No regrets joining FRANK Health

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

Fantastic service, clear and concise responses, no wait time unlike other providers, Medibank, BUPA, etc. Frank is honest, modern, cutting edge health insurance. Spoke with Danielle over webchat, fantastic customer service!

Perth

• 4 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Anything not to pay a claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2016

We had to submit an ambulance claim, the doctor called an ambulance in a emergency situation from his surgery to the hospital where our daughter had her appendix removed. The invoice did not stipulate "emergency transport" so the claim was rejected. After speaking to Frank I was told if the doctor would write a letter stating it was an emergency they would process the claim. We resubmitted the claim and heard nothing, I called to follow up on the claim when I was told "oh yeah we have that" I will have to refer to management... still heard nothing so chased up again to be told a doctor was not in a position to say it was emergency transport so the claim would be rejected. I suppose this is what you get when try and get a budget cover - they obviously do not like to pay out and make it very difficult for customers to put in a successful claim.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very helpful customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2016

Great customer service from Frank WebChat!!
I had a few questions about my current policy and ambulance service covers. Team WebChat solved my problem within a few lines of chat. And it was even at 12am midnight!!! 6 stars from me!!!

Melbourne/Victoria

Verified Customer

all the customer support agents are very polite and courteous and very eager to help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2016

I really liked customer support from team frank. I called team frank numerous number of time from oversea phone and all the time i have been assissted very professionally. Mrs Sarena Berryman was wonderful and did my policy update excellently. Thanks to all the customer support agents from team Frank

• 3 questions
Private message

The best of the best customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2016

The Customer Support is almost perfect. They always answer all my inquiries and got the answer that I'm looking for.

• 2 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Super efficient and great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

I love the option that Frank give to get 80% extras back with a higher premium. If you utilise extra services this is extremely good value.
They're customer service has always been excellent for me and I have found the online chat super efficient and effective compared to those annoying phone calls you used to have to make.
They also pay my claims no annoying extra questions asked like most insurance companies. Easy online claiming and fast payments.
Love this company!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 helpful votes

Absolutely horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2016

Still cant cancel because no one answers the fukn phone. Dont pay claims. Waited 2hrs 3 times no answer. Keep charging tho

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast

Verified Customer

Frank Health Insurer is misleading overseas customers holding working visa cover

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2016

Recently when I got into hospital with a minor injury I was confident that Accidental Injuries are coved by Frank, however I was given a $750 bill for 20 minutes appointment with hospital staff and, as turned, Accidental Injuries were not covered. So, this provider is very clever, as you will find on their working visa cover overview on the left-hand side, where they put the heading "What's covered" also what is not covered but it looks from first sight they cover everything and I was caught by that. This is misleading and also unethical and my first point is that the health insurer has to highlight the word "except" on the left-hand side for its customers to pay more attention to it, because the insurer put ticks for those services which are not covered in the same column under the heading "What's covered". In my point of view the provider had to put crosses not ticks or put all not-covered services on the right-hand side under the heading “What’s not covered”. Another point is that the working visa cover is mostly for internationals, for them English is a second language, so all the Information should be presented simply, clearly and without any tricks. I agree with another person that even if this insurance is cheap your cover is expensive because it covers almost nothing - 7 services are covered and 21 are not. I advise all new customers to read carefully and ask for a professional help before joining Frank in order to avoid creasy bills.

Private message

very helpful, solved problem effectively

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2016

excellent service, great problem solving skills, customer focus, efficient, effective.
live chat is a great convenient tool to contact frank

Love FRANK

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2016

I have been with FRANk for a few years now. So simple and easy to deal with, well priced and with great rebates

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

They cancelled the membership but NO REFUND!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

Had to pay the first month for the OVHC so inlaws were covered upon arrival in Australia, but a week later Frank Insurance cancels the membership and NO REFUND! I explained to them that immigration wanted a specific health insurance and they were going to accept whatever I found (even if it was specific to working visa) as long as it met immigration requirement (8501 compliant), but no empathy on their part. However they were HAPPY TO ACCEPT PAYMENT FOR A SERVICE THEY DIDN'T PROVIDE!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Webchat

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2016

Maddison Costa was helpful, friendly and courteous. Due to security restrictions she could not answer my question but she was extremely helpful .

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2016

quick and efficient online today very pleased
although your telephone service should be better organised i waited on two separate occasions yesterday once 40mins and later 30mins atrocious phone service but thank you so much today samantha frith brilliant and efficient thanks from leanne sullivan

Simply great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2016

Very nice and easy to talk to, very quick reply, great service. I can't wait to change it to family cover when my baby is born.

Good and affordable

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2016

Thank you to helpful staff, all questions answered and I can submit my claim, very affordable health insurance. Thanks again, will tell all my friends!

webchat

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2016

thank you Samatha Firth for your quick response to web chat and answering all my questions and sending all the required documents, looking forward for my first experience with Frank

Burnett Heads

Private message

Low cost, comprehensive, easy to claim health insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2016

We have been with Frank for 8 years and each year I research the price versus what you get back and have found Frank to be outstanding and consistent each year with the price of the policy and the amount you get back. Frank is the best health fund out there and is easy to use as you get a Frank card and just swipe it wherever you want to go to get your health needs met. The price of the insurance is the least expensive for the comprehensive extras cover you get. Also Frank has a user friendly website where you can check your balances and other things. I also have rung Frank and got a really helpful, friendly, prompt reply by a representative. I love Frank and will continue to be a proud member.

Canberra

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Misleading advertising, Frank 457 overseas cover provides almost no coverage

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2016

The costs for nearly nothing are high. The only thing that Frank will cover is when you are actually admitted to a hospital, for more than one day. They do NOT COVER emergency services at all! It if quite ridiculous actually, they will cover the ambulance to the emergency room, but not the emergency service itself.

Nowhere in any of the documents and the contract that I had with Frank did it state this important condition, that emergency services are not covered.

UPDATE:

After going to the health ombudsman, Frank paid my claim, which I appreciate, since they were not legally required to do so. However, until they include the specific clause that emergency services are not covered in their PDS, I'll leave this review at 2 stars.

I really wish that Australia would just allow temporary residents to buy into the public healthcare system, even at double the cost, instead of forcing us into the terrible private health market, which essentially covers nothing anybody needs most of the time.

Very Poor customer exsperience

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2016

Frank were quick to sign me up as a new customer, but offered poor customer service once I was a member! I'm switching after only joining 2 months ago. To be frank, I am disappointed

5 of 14 pages

I just enter emergency services in Bunbury hospital due to trip and fall onto broken glass. What are the cover do I get please? I on a OVHC cover.

Clyde asked on Jun 27, 2017

Hi Clyde,
Frank OVHC cover will only provide benefits if the patient is admitted to hospital as an in patient for procedures included in the cover and subject to the member serving their waiting periods (it does not cover any charges associated with emergency attendance). Before we can confirm cover or benefits, we will require specific information from you. If you can submit an online enquiry here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form, we can check your cover and get back to you with further information.
Christina

I am on a 457 in Australia (since January 2017) and am covered by Medicare. The OVHC looks fine, but do I need that specifically? Or can I buy a "normal" insurance and extras such as optical and dental? Thanks! Saskia

Saskia asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi Saskia,
If you're on a 457 Visa, Medicare will only cover you in the Public Hospital system. A “normal” or domestic insurance would not cover you if you go in to hospital.
You would need to take out a specific OVHC Cover to be covered as a Private Patient for any in-patient medical treatment. Check out Frank's cover here https://www.frankaustralia.com.au/
When it comes to extras, you can buy any separate extras cover - Frank has two different types; Some Extras and Lots Extras where you can choose either 50% or 80% back on treatments (up to annual limits).
If you take out Frank OVHC and Frank Extras you will have two separate covers with Frank - OVHC for hospital admissions and Extras cover for things like dental and optical.
If you have any further questions, send them through to Team Frank here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact-form
Christina

I've a specific colorectal health concern. I would like to know if your Better Hospital (no Co-Payment) product covers Medicare item numbers from 32000 to 32221? Thanks.

Peter P asked on May 28, 2017

Hi Peter,
Thanks for getting in touch with Frank.
I can confirm that 'Better Hospital (no-Co-payment)' does not exclude the items you've referenced.
As always, standard waiting periods ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/waiting-periods ) and pre-existing condition rules ( https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/products/pre-existing-conditions ) would apply.
If you want to find out more about the cover or waiting periods, jump on a web chat with one of our team https://webchat.memberarea.com.au/Frank/WebChat.html and they'll be able to give you all the details.
Christina - Team Frank