Perfect Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

Consultant was charming, sympathetic and focussed. Measurement review was thorough. Progress texts and emails frequent and succinct. Cabinets delivered on time. Assembly and plumbing speedy and efficient. Final result most impressive. Forever grateful.

Love my new Freedom Kitchen!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

We are really happy with our new Freedom Kitchen! With limitations on our space and floorplan design, the designer was great in suggesting ways we could make our kitchen more functional for us. The process was relatively simple from start to finish which was exactly what we wanted. And the end result is fantastic!

Loving my new kitchen!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

We had a fantastic experience using Freedom Kitchens to do our new kitchen. Ben came out to our home and asked a million questions to design our kitchen exactly as we wanted. He had some great suggestions which improved the overall functionality of the very small space we have for our kitchen. From that point on, communication from the company was excellent, regular updates through our own client portal on their website, prompt answers to any questions we had and great updates.

Installation was a breeze - it was coordinated perfectly and ev
erything came in almost right on budget - there was a minor issue with how we wanted our exhaust installed which was easily resolved with minimal additional expense. The installation occurred right on top of the freak weather event in Feb, but the guys were great in backing each other - when one couldn't make it as he was flooded in, the other guys picked up the slack and soldiered on.

Follow up service was also excellent - was a great experience and would recommend the Brisbane team any day of the week!

Freedom kitchen and installation

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

We were really happy with the planner Susan Simmons and would highly recommend her. Susan's ideas were completely in line with what we wanted. The Freedom dashboard is fairly user friendly but I much prefer dealing with people by email or telephone. Aaron the fitter was helpful and did a good job. We had a chip on one of the draw faces and once we let Aaron know the new door face was delivered and changed over by Aaron really promptly. Freedom kept within our budget and we are really please with how the kitchen turned out.

Great kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

Fantastic service all was coordinated beautifully from sart to finish guys came in did rough in one day 2 days later installed kitchen next day plumbed and wired all finished in timely manner could not fault the tradies

Wollongong

Fantastic Service Fantastic Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

From the initial planning to the end result I couldn't have asked for anything more.
My kitchen was the last to be installed for the year so I was a little worried it wouldn't be finalised by Christmas, Frank the installer was amazing he worked so hard & it was done my beautiful kitchen was complete & ready for the big family Christmas lunch.

Loving my new kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Thank you Freedom Kitchens . Your service right from the sales assistant thru to the designer and installer where nothing but professional the constant updates and after service was impeccable and the finished product is of high standard would I use and recommend Freedom again yes I would.

Sydney

STILL WAITING

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

What ever they tell you add 30% on ALL cost
I tried to post on there FB but they took it down
The kitchen is sitting in our lounge room as the installer just didn't turn up and to add to the issues he sends us the qoute which was double the original amount and we didn't have time to seek another person so we had to agree.
( and just remember the guy still didn't turn up to put it in )

My dream kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I am extremely happy with my new freedom kitchen, pantry and laundry, it is well designed and functional. I love the product and the finish of the cabinets, the cutlery draws are amazing! It is great for entertaining, easy to work in and easy to keep clean.

Cannot fault anyone or anything associated with my new kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

From the moment Nic walked in and helped design my new kitchen...everything has gone really well. Anytime I had an enquiry or change of plan or simply to have someone come and explain to me, face to face, that is Nic, nothing was too hard or a problem. I love my kitchen. I'm impressed with the people I've dealt with, ie Justine, Nic , Jonathon, and frontline staff at freedom furniture, as well as office staff behind the scenes. I highly recommend them to anyone looking at doing some renos.....

A very workable kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

From our initial contact with Freedom, a day with their designer to delivery of their products we have been very satisfied with service and quality. We would recommend Freedom kitchens.

Want a new kitchen then look no further than Freedom Kitchens

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

Freedom kitchens allows you to freely select endless options to create your dream kitchen. The entire service from meeting with your designer to the arrival of your quality kitchen is extraordinary! a professional company with affordable options.

Bardon

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

DO NOT use this company!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

Using freedom kitchens was the worst decision and we have regretted it immensely. We have had delay after delay, we even had to redraw our designs 3 times after as they were trying to make us sign off on something completely different as to what was initially agreed. When the kitchen finally arrived, we received damaged goods and the delivery guys damaged our newly installed floors. Where the kitchen island was actually installed was absolutely nowhere near where it was meant to go… do you think they cared? Not at all… as I’ll be needing to engage legal representation to have it rectified as they have blamed their installer (yes, the installer they organised) for the mistake.

We had to follow them up constantly with little to no outcome on their behalf. They re-ordered the damaged goods on a 'priority' basis... we waited longer for the replacement goods then what we did for the initial stock (and we are currently still waiting). If you make changes along the way, they will charge you for the inconvenience… however, if they inconvenience you, you just need to suck it up and take it while listening to their hollow apologies with little to no action.

I complained in writing to them, it was returned with a number of allegations and blame shifting towards everyone else but them (their transport company, the installer etc, etc). The idea of taking accountability for their terrible service was never an option for them, and whatever you do, DO NOT believe them when they commit to something actually happening… as their promise is worth absolutely nothing.

During the numerous calls to follow them up and complain that things aren’t moving as promised. We asked for someone in management in order to take our complaint further. This was welcomed with ‘please put your complaint in writing to our management email - [email protected].. I actually wonder if my experience is common practice for these guys, as expressing my dissatisfaction numerous times prior (yes, in writing) I figured actually constituted as a formal complaint and believe I would have been contacted by someone in management that actually cared about the reputation of the company they work for and the people that pay them.

This doesn’t cover off all our issues, but I cannot stress enough the issues we have had with these guys and the disruption it has caused to our lives has been disgusting and extremely stressful to our family… use them at your own risk, as I wouldn’t want anyone to experience the utter lack of professionalism and poor customer service that we did.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Worst customer service ever - I do not recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

We had a kitchen and laundry from Freedom Kitchens, and we had a horrific experience with them. There were so many stuff ups before the kitchen was even ready to be installed. It took much longer than they said, and ended up costing more because they missed things in the quote. Their sub-contracted installers and trades were amazing and the final job ended up looking pretty good, but I will never wish their customer service and communication skills on my worst enemy.

Change for the better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Freedom managed the removal and installation of our new kitchen. The design changed cupboards to drawer units which are perfect for our later years and brightened our room with fresh white cabinetry and a range of modern fixtures. The whole process ran like clockwork with Freedom contractors managing all aspects of the work.

Happy Kitchen Owners

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2017

We had our new kitchen designed and installed by Freedom Kitchens (and their recommended contractor) and had an easy experience from design through to install. We requested a postponement due to a holiday and they were flexible with our request and moved the install date and time to suit. The online process and checks were efficient and their customer service staff were always available and helpful. We're stoked.

Perfect kitchen renovation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2017

We used Freedom Kitchens for a full kitchen renovation. They were brilliant. From our designer being flexible with times around work and children, to listening to what we needed in a kitchen, and then our installer being brilliant and flexible too - we couldn't fault Freedom Kitchens.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

We had a new kitchen installed 19 years ago and it was time to do it again, just because we wanted to. Last time we experienced a variety of very dodgy, very high pressure sales people from some of the big companies in kitchens. One company in particular employed textbook high pressure sales tactics. I'm in sales and have never and would never ever, ever, ever, even need to employ such tactics. It was difficult to get her to leave our house. We ended up using a small guy from out west whom we were referred to by a friend who was absolutely perfect as was the kitchen and still is,19 years on. Getting on to Freedom though - a 3.5 hour appointment from 7;00pm to 10;30 pm resulted in again high pressure tactics urging us to sign up then and now for a $25K kitchen. The sales person was not rude obviously just doing what shed been trained to do. Unfortunately she's been trained incorrectly if she's looking for long term success in a sales career. The hand written amount was scrawled on a blank piece of paper and the quote did not include multiple features & items we had specified in the previous 3 hour discussion. A 5% discount was initially offered, politely rejected by us as we wished to discuss details between ourselves before spending $25K and we weren't ready to get going for about 6 months anyway. This refusal by us to sign up was then followed by a further 20% discount if we signed up then and now. Again this was rejected by us. The sale person left We were not able to discuss anything between ourselves as we were not left with a quote or design of any type - nothing to refer to or consider. 4 weeks on, we have not heard from anyone from Freedom, following up to see if we wished to proceed, nor have we been approached by Freedom Customer Service for a follow up on how their salesperson handled themselves during our consultation. I always though big companies in particular, followed up to see how they went in an effort to improve their service. (My sales guys do anyway) Guess not. I will be buying a $35K kitchen from a smaller competitor in December 2017. Just because we were not ready to sign up immediately does not mean we are not a real client. Very disappointing Freedom Kitchens, you should be ashamed of your sales tactics. Good quality products don't need dodgy high pressure tactics to achieve sales targets. I would have selected a no star rating, but had to select 1 star as a minimum.

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes

1 of 28 pages

I see a lot of people are saying to steer clear of Freedom Kitchens......can anyone recommend a reliable Kitchen renovator on the Gold Coast???? I have a designe appointment with Freedom in a couple of days and now I'm scared!

Nikki asked on Jul 23, 2017

Call Steve at Currumbin cabinets they do a great job

Be scared! I'm currently having problems with them and have written to management tonight. I wonder if they will respond? .

Hi Nikki, I am a kitchen designer for Mint Designer Kitchens on the Gold Coast. We have a showroom and would love to work with you. Visit www.mintdk.com.au

Has anyone had a problem with their kitchen and been satisfied with the way it was handled? Has anyone had a Freedom Kitchen installed in the Bondi area? I am guessing problem resolution may be somewhat dependent on the skills of the local contractor.. Thanks.

sydney9365 asked on Jul 13, 2017

Hi Sydney9365
I'm happy to try and locate some customers in your area that may be able to provide testimonials if that would assist.
Kind regards
Tracy from Freedom Kitchens

Just go somewhere else... it'll cost you in stress and hassles to deal with Freedom... read the reviews around customer service and the common factor when things do go 100% to plan. They'll be happy to take your money, and You'll be extremely disappointed.

Has anyone had a Freedom a Kitchen installed on the Gold Coast? If so, can you advise if you were happy with the installers? Seems to be a lot of reviews are saying that the installers have let the process down.

Ray asked on Aug 30, 2016

Answer this

not on the Gold Coast. Don't do it! Freedom just get your money and then they don't care. they don't project manage and all their sub contractors are dodgy in our experience.
They also pressure you for upfront payment. Unfortunately we have now realized exactly why they demand this.

save your self the hassle and go to a different kitchen supplier

I don't know what is going on on the Gold Coast, as we live in Sydney.
The installer was a lovely mas and was very good at his job. Freedom kitchens management are not to be trusted. They ask you to pay the full amount of money upfront and then forget about you. It took a lot longer to complete pur kitchen than the time stipulated in our contract.
You are right, the sub contracted are not to be trusted as they stole one of my husband's bonsais worth $800 !!! ,when they delivered the cupboards at night. Of course we can't prove it as we only noticed it the following morning. We reported it to the police who couldn't do anything. The department of Fair Trading didn't help either.
The whole thing was very stressful , upsetting to say the least.
Yes, find another company. Good luck... GGJJ.

HI Ray
Did you end up going with Freedom? We just had our sales visit via Southport store and already have concerns.

See all 7 questions about Freedom Kitchens