Freedom are offering reviewers a chance to win a $500 Freedom Gift Card. Reviews can be both positive and negative. The winner will be randomly drawn, as long as their public review has been posted between June 19th and the 31st of August 2017.

Shop Location: NSW, Penrith

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I just wanted to give a shout out to Kim at the Penrith store, absolutely awesome customer service. Kim was so knowledgable across all products in the store, delightful lady, we went to buy 2 pendant lights and ended up with a new mattress and other incidentals, nothing was too much trouble for her. Great job Kim, can't wait to try out our nes mattress
Lynda - Hazelbrook

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Lynda, Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your time in our Penrith Store. We are happy to hear that Kim was able to assist you with your purchases. We will certainly pass this on to K... read more »

Poor after-order service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Online purchase of item to match prior order. Order seemed to process ok and payment was swiftly taken from my bank account. Order did not arrive within promised delivery date. Attempts to contact Freedom "help centre" are fruitless. Responses to enquiries are not received within the promised 1-2 day window. No phone number, goods are still showing as pending but no other information available. Worst online shopping experience.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Sean D, Thank you for sharing your experience. We are disappointed it has not turned out as planned. In order for us to investigate this issue for you please PM us with your full name, order num... read more »

Shop Location: SA, Mile End

Avoid like the plague

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Poor quality products and the most rude, incompetent company I’ve ever dealt with. Customer service lied to me constantly after making me jump through hoops about their defective items.

Their so called “attempts” on this and their Facebook page are hollow and a front. Check out their Facebook page... ever seen so many comments deleted? There’s a reason.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Uncharted36, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. If you could please PM us with your full name, claim number and phone number linked to you order... read more »

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Shop Location: WA, Osborne Park

Care cover they sell doesn’t cover what they claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

We were told if we buy a couch from them and buy care cover we would have the couch cleaned if anything was spilt or got ripped. If they could not clean it they would replace it. That is a lie. We called them to come remove some stains. They say the stains have to be less then 5 days old, which they were knew. Filled out form and guy took forever to come, I had to call constantly. He was on vacation which is fine but then don’t pretend like the stains are of an urgent matter. He came cleaned the couch and could not remove stains. I called and asked won’t this now be replaced? Didn’t hear anything back. Took me calling two more times after a couple of weeks and then got denied because I quote This warranty is for accidental damage to the covering only of the sofa which needs to be attended to immediately so we can guarantee the best results for repairs or cleaning. “We do not attend to the accumulation of general wear and tear issues over time such as pet damage, watermarks, stains, peeling, pilling, cracking, deteriorating fraying or stitching“. Well then what did I buy? Scammed

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi ReneeStar, Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. Please PM us with your full name, docket number an phone number which is linked to the order so we can investigate for you. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Shop Location: Online Store

Online purchased, but now say they don't have stock

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

Purchased online. Then have taken a call to say that they don't have enough stock to makeup the order. Even though have similar item, almost identical items instock and available this has not been offered.
Store says they will refund purchase. But feel like they wasted my time looking throughout the website and choosing items that they say don't exist.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Ness, Thank you for sharing your experience, we are disappointed it has not turned out as planned. If you wish to have this looked into further please PM us with your full name, order number and... read more »

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Shop Location: QLD, Southport

Faulty Product, No Assistance, No Replies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

I purchased a product over the phone from the freedom store in Southport, as I couldn't inspect it myself I asked the sales assistance to check the piece and make sure it wasn't faulty and was in the appropriate condition for sale. She guaranteed that it was fine, and that there was no issues.
My partner picked up the buffet two days later, wrapped so tightly that he can't see anything or check anything. So its loaded into the car and taken home. After unwrapping the product and standing it up the leg snaps off! It was already assembled so it wasn't us or how we handled it because we literally just stood it up. It snapped apart of the supportive frame, so it was clearly something to do with how the freedom employees assembled the piece for the showroom.
We called the store and they said that it wasn't their fault or their problem and that we had to contact freedom? So we do so, explaining what has happened. We haven't received a reply or any assistance. For a piece this expensive we at least expect some sort of compensation for the condition we received it in. Extremely disappointed with the product condition and lack or complete absence of customer service.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Sophia, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. We can confirm as per previous discussions and confirmation with the store that the item did leave i... read more »

Shop Location: QLD, Jindalee

Not so chatty & helpful when returning an item

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Fell over themselves when purchasing a large ticket item, however, when returning a smaller item that did not function they were abrupt. You should have been customer friendly. Was pretty surprised by the whole experience. Train your staff to be helpful on returns please. Probably lost us as customers.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Sue, Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your time returning an item in our Jindalee store. We will certainly pass this feedback to the appropriate team. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Verified Customer Shop Location: Online Store

Online Freedom service disorganised and uncontactable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

As a regular Freedom customer, I had trust in their franchise. The girls in my local Coffs store as just fabulous. I ordered online. Disastrous. I received an email stating my order was ready to pick up, but I paid for delivery as they don’t do click and collect at my local store. I received a second email advising my delivery is on its way. I received one of 3 canvasses that I ordered.
I went through emails that instructed me to log on to online services and see tracking of order.. page no longer available. I received email to advise my order has now been delivered.
I attempted to contact Freedom but there is no contact number available for online purchases, just a 1800 number for curtains and blinds.
I rang the local store who couldn’t help. They did not know the 1800 number to call and I couldn’t wait as I had to get back to work, but they did try to help.
I rang the only 1800 number ( remember curtains and blinds) the voicemail advised if I wasn’t enquiringly about curtains and blinds to ring 1300135588. I rang this only to be auto connected to the local store that couldn’t help.
I have ended up lodging complaint with ACCC as there is no support for online orders.
Again this does in no way reflect my local store. The girls are amazing there and they are why I am a freedom rewards and loyal customer.
I only ordered online because the stock was low and I was unable to get to the local freedom store.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Mel, Thankyou for sharing your experience we are disappointed it has not turned out as planned. We would like to investigate this issue for you please PM us with your full name, order number and... read more »

Verified Customer Shop Location: Online Store

Horrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Still waiting to here back from customer service after contacting them over a week ago and sending multiple emails: we are waiting on a product to be delivered - you’ve taken our money and not delivered and there has been no communication around this at all. The fact that there is no direct email or number to call also makes it impossible to talk to anyone. I even tried calling a store and they can’t help at all - was just told I need to wait!

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Shannon, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologise that you have not heard back in relation to your claim. If you could please PM us with your full name, claim number and phone number wh... read more »

Shop Location: SA, Mile End

Online order bugs and glitches

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Loyal freedom customer. First time purchasing online. Website struggled to cope with 2 orders and click and collect function took 10 goes (over 30 minutes on 2 devices) to go through. Had to change our billing address to allow page to take me to payment. Has left me a little frustrated. Remains to be seen whether order is successful

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Greg, Thankyou for sharing your experience, we are disappointed it has not turned out as planned. In order for us to investigate this issue for you please PM us with your full name and phone num... read more »

Shop Location: NSW, Kotara

Poor quality and bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Purchased Lucas leather lounges 5 years ago. Have regularly cleaned and conditioned. Leather has deteriorated significantly on section on lounge that is rarely used. Freedom has rejected claim as been deemed from oils in body. What a joke. Colour has flaked off. Leather splitting. Hate to see condition of lounge if I hadn't cleaned or conditioned it.
Will never buy another freedom lounge. This one's going on the tip.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Jackie, Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the outcome of your claim. If you could please PM us with your full name and claim number we can look into this for you. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Shop Location: NSW, Artarmon

Great products but terrible delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I've bought a number of items of furniture over the last few years. All have been great value and have lasted well. Unfortunately Unitrans the delivery company that Freedom uses is terrible. Truly disgusting customer service. All occasions that I've needed furniture delivered have taken multiple attempts and a lot of effort to actually revive the items. As delivery is an additional charge of $99 on top of the product cost I expected a lot better. I wont consider buying anything from Freedom that requires delivery of they continue to use Unitrans.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi K A, Thank you for your sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. We will certainly pass on and take your feedback on board. We do apologise for the experience that you have had. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Shop Location: NSW, Auburn

Freedom online purchase frustration

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

When my purchase never came I logged on to my account only to find it was now changed from postage to click and collect at a suburb miles from where I live. I tried contacting online customer service no-one ever answers. Called the store where the click and collect had been sent to, they contacted Auburn where online is based and sorted it out, (they claimed )the item had been sent. Again when it did not arrive I logged in to find my order was now deleted and a gift card was registered where my purchase had been. I contacted the store who assured me that this was how they transferred the purchase from one store to another that my item would be sent on the Monday. By friday my item had still not arrived called every number available at the Auburn store no answer. When finally getting through the guy told me there was an outstanding amount for a gift card on my purchase so it could not be sent???! I advised him this was not the case. He tells me the item will now it will be posted monday . I had been waiting a month already, but he couldnt action it immediately? Finally tuesday an item arrived but it wasnt what I ordered. Called the store. It was4:30 pm and according to the girl the online manager had “just left” she would get him to call me back tomorrow. No return phone call on Wednesday. After caling every number available the Auburn store on thursday, again this guy was not there but would call me back friday, no return call again. Called again on monday again every number called (6 phone cslls to speak to anyone each time) Iwas then told the item had been sent already, despite on Thursday being told they didnt even have the item. Friday came and went no item arrived in the post. Monday was a public holiday so called tuesday agin 6 calls to get through. The item it was confirmed was not in stock on line and had never been sent. I asked for a refund. The woman asked for the account details I advised her I had payed via paypal she said this involvrd emailing the accounts department but she said it could go through straight away if I gave her my card number of the account I had paid with. I questioned this as it was my general account but she was confident it would work, 24 hours later no refund, again contacted the store this time the processed it on my credit card. Still it will take 48 hours to process. Before someone from freedom replies with this is not typical of your service, sorry but yes it is , you are terrible and your online manager is incompetent and dishonest. NEVER AGAIN. With this kind of service I would not be shocked to see Freedom furniture gone from the market sooner rather than later

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi jibberjabber, Thankyou for sharing your feedback we are disappointed it has not turned out as planned. We would like to investigate this issue for you please PM us with your full name, order num... read more »

Shop Location: SA, Marion

Complaint

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I'm very disappointed when I received a phone call today to say that my online order from 11/6/18 was out of stock and the purchase is not possible. The online shopping experience was clunky, with inconsistent product appearance on the screen, and billing address has to be entered as the delivery address. After spending more than an hour sorting through all the steps yesterday, I'm now informed that the product is not available. It is such a waste of time. Thoroughly disappointed with the website. The sales definitely does not look attractive anymore after such an experience.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Mei, Thankyou for sharing your experience, we are disappointed it has not turned out as planned. We will certainly pass on your feedback to the appropriate team to investigate. If you wish to di... read more »

2nd purchase proven a disaster

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

My online purchase for a matching item started ok. However attempts to contact customer service for information on status is problematic. Website does not provide easy means of contact. Auto response e-mails for 1 day response is not being met. Pull down menus not helpful. Order has not been delivered within advertised delivery period, still no information. Very poor customer service. If this is ever rectified I will not be purchasing from Freedom again. Wish I had read other reviews before I dealt with this vendor.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Nflanders, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. If you could please PM us with your full name, order number and phone number we can investigate for you. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Shop Location: Online Store

Terrible- will never shop with them again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Purchased $600 rug online (because product was not available in store) to be delivered and underlay to be picked up in store. Was told delivery in 1-2 weeks and i would be called to make sure I was home. Was also told store would call me when ready to pick up. 2 weeks passed have not heard anything. Log back in to My Freedom account. My underlay product has been changed to a gift card- and it says order has been completed. Ring my local store- they confirmed this means the order has been delivered and fulfilled.........I HAVE NOT HAD A PHONE CALL OR RECEIVED ANYTHING YET! also not sure why my underlay product is now a gift card? Go to contact us on their website. There is literally no where to call or email (which was confirmed by the lady in store who i rang). She was also very confused. I still dont have an answer as although she was lovely she needs to check with her admin lady to see if she can sort it who isnt there for a couple of days. I dont have much faith. Beyond angry. Would never order online with Freedom again.Reading reviews it seems they hold peoples money all the time for goods they cannot deliver. If it is not sorted out in 2 days i will be calling fair trading and/or media. Not good enough. Everywhere else manages to sort out their online deliveries why are you not up to scratch?

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Alex, Thank you for sharing your experience, we are disappointed it has not turned out as planned. We have responded to your message via PM via Facebook and escalated the matter to the appropriate manager. Kindest – Natalie - team freedom

Melbourne

Shop Location: VIC, Essendon

So Professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Found on line, looked in store,( as advertised ), same price, took home. WHAT MORE CAN I SAY. Very friendly and professional. NO PROBLEMS HERE. Thank you FEEDOM. 2nd time round and no complaints.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi wayneO, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found our team at Essendon friendly and professional, we will certainly pass your feedback on to the team. Have a wonderful weekend. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom.

Shop Location: Online Store

Accepts payments without fulfilling order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I made an order via the online store (Order 9007770133117). I've been told that my click and collect store Moore Park cannot fulfill the order and they will not check with head office or other stores to try and fulfill this order. This is absolutely ridiculous - I have not ordered from the Moore Park Store and I am willing to wait for the goods to be delivered to Moore Park. Can someone please sort this out and make sure the order is fulfilled before I lodge a consumer complaint about freedom's failure to supply and also accepting payment without intending to supply.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Kat, Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. As per phone discussion unfortunately the items ordered are no longer being stocked by freedom, this is the reaso... read more »

Shop Location: VIC, Fountaingate

Dahlia Sofa 2 Seater and 3 Seater Sofas - Pilling Fabric

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

We purchased the Dahlia Sofa 2 & 3 Seater and Foot Stool and received delivery in February & March 2017 covered in Austria Light Grey fabric. By April 2018 the all pieces of the furniture starting pilling. After lodging a compliant in April we finally had a technical come out in June 2018 and viewed the fabric. He basically advised as we sit on the sofa's with clothes on and use the footstool with socks on, this causes fiction with the fabric thus this causes pilling. Before purchasing this expensive sofas and foot stool I asked the sales person if the fabric would pill, I was told the fabric would not pill, though as I don't have this in writing I don't have a leg to stand on. Freedom Furniture should take extra care with the fabric they chose …… maybe also learn what types of fabric will pill. Of course Freedom are not taking any responsibility! Never ever will I make a purchase from Freedom Furniture. Now to contact Australia Consumer Affairs. Shame I didn't view this site before the purchase.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Robyn, Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. Please Private message us with your full name, claim number and phone number linked to the order so we can look... read more »

Shop Location: Online Store

Impossible to contact Freedom by phone re my issue

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Purchased 2 bookcases on line on 2/6/18 for $3097 in total. Today 4/6/18 they are $749 each! I’m so upset as it is an enormous difference. We have purchased many things from Freedom and would appreciate if we could have our purchase at the sale price. Many thanks
Order number 9007770132771. Luda Coupe.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Luda, Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. If you could please PM us with your phone number which would be linked to the order we can have this looked into for you. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

1 of 126 pages