Freedom are offering reviewers a chance to win a $500 Freedom Gift Card. Reviews can be both positive and negative. The winner will be randomly drawn, as long as their public review has been posted between June 19th and the 31st of August 2017.

Shop Location: QLD, Logan

Disappointed over and over again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

Dear all, Please do not shop at FREEDOM. They never have stock of anything.

I purchased a lamp and couch 4 weeks before handover (purchased 26/8). When my couch got delivered the week after handover, my lamp was nowhere found. Delivery driver didn’t know anything abt it so I called the store. Called them up and was told it will have to wait till mid Oct. Why was I not notified abt that when we organised delivery? Well of course I am not waiting for a lamp. Decided to ask if I could cancel the order and change it to an entertainment unit since I needed one. The manager agreed so I was happy. Picked Atelier as the one I really wanted was going to take 6 weeks. Confirmed it will take 2-3 weeks as I told her I cannot wait any longer than that. Just as my faith in freedom was restored, guess what? It has been 3 weeks and still no sign of my entertainment unit.

Seriously, have a warehouse that can actually store stock if you are gonna charge people that much money for your furniture. If you were cheap, I wouldn’t complain if I had to wait.

Don’t waste your time with them. Spend the same amount elsewhere and probs will get less disappointed.

I can see that someone else has said the same in their review. Not surprised at all. Continue failing to deliver and I’m not sure who will put up with it.

Ps: Retail staff in store were amazing. Else I would have walked out.

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Essendon

Delivery went to the wrong address

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I recently purchased a 2 x 3m kenza rug online to be delivered to my partner's house. After placing the order, i recieved an order confirmation within an hour which stated another email will be sent when the product has been dispatched. Fast forward to 3 days later, i received an email from Freedom to rate their delivery service - which was weird as we were both at home and no delivery had arrived, at this point i had logged into my account and saw that the status of the order is completed. After unsuccessful attempts to contact Freedom, my partner and i resorted to knocking on a few of our neighbors' doors to see if they had received a delivery by accident. Sure enough the delivery people had dropped off the rug at no. 76 instead of no 78 stated in the order. Luckily we have some nice and honest neighbors otherwise i wouldnt have a way to retrieve my purchase! I will never use freedom delivery service again, the level of service provided is completely unacceptable!

Richmond

• 2 helpful votes

Shop Location: VIC, Richmond

Freedom Furniture Docklands Chaise + Chair - Do not buy- have lodged w VCAT

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Purchased a Docklands Chaise and Chair a month ago and already the pilling is unbelievable, the cushions are warped and staples fraying.
Tried to call store to no avail, went in, in person where I explained this was really important to me as my husband was very ill and we had waited a long time to purchase this item, [name removed] at Richmond had me sobbing and so upset and accused me of saying I was "on my way to attack him and perhaps a couch was not an important item when my husband was so ill" maybe not to [name removed] but to us it is as after treatment costs there is not much left. Thank heavens a nice lady [name removed] was there she was calm and understood, was sent away with an electric shaver to shave my couch with every few days as that is apparently normal
Spoke to my brother in law who is a lawyer and he helped me lodge with VCAT.
Shame on Freedom for having no compassion and being so abrasive, before my experience with [name removed] this morning I was willing to even pay more in store to upgrade to a better fabric - no more I'm done with Freedom and am considering sharing my story more widely after this horrid experience.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Essy, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have previously made contact with you to discuss and rectify the issues. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Shop Location: QLD, Aspley

QUALITY PRODUCTS!!! PILLING IS QUALITY according to Freedom

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I have sent photos and e-mails to customer service. We got an e-mail back after the first one but have not had any response to my other e-mails.

My sofa units started pilling (not temporary pilling) quite quickly. With 1 person who works 4 days a week sitting on them, most of the time, I decided to complain as they are not cheap. The first email I got a response telling me to buy a pilling machine. I never once was told when buying the product that it pilled and nothing about buying a de-pilling machine when purchasing the sofas . Where in the store does it say about pilling ?

I would not have touched these sofas if the sales person had told me at the time of purchase. I would like to resolve this but there is no-one willing to reply.

Freedom advertises that they have quality furniture. Pilling is not quality.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Elizh, Thank you for sharing your experience. We have responded to your Direct Message. Kind regards, Natalie - team freedom

If you all had pilled uniforms in Freedom I wonder if Freedom would put up with that? They certainly would not be good to look at, cheap material. No Quality. I would like to speak to a manager that can deal with this complaint.

Shop Location: VIC, Geelong

Bad online procedures

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Tried to purchase online 6 times!!!
Most frustrating - sales lost lm done.
Very very frustrating.... payment options due to codes. If lm using my credit card... why do l need bank codes.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Kris, Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear this has happened. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will certainly pass this on to the appropriate team to review and look into. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Capalaba

Shop Location: QLD, Capalaba

Furniture frustration

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Freedom does not have a good follow through on customer care when it comes to updates for customers on their items. After many phone calls and two weeks of waiting after already been informed a date I was chasing the store for my goods to be informed that they had a back log of containers and will keep an eye on my order to no avail I had to follow up again on the eta. This made the whole experience long and drawn for items that should be readily available

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi A FarrarFail, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. We would like to look further into this for you. Are you please able to advise the full name a... read more »

Annmarie Farrar-Fail, 0401055961

Airlie Beach

Shop Location: QLD, Townsville

Townsville Store - Terrible Customer Service!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I ordered a lounge over the phone on 8 July 2018. It is now 4 October 2018 and I am still awaiting delivery of the lounge! I call every week for an update and I have been told on countless occasions it will be next week, there's limited stock, it will be the following week, there was an issue with the shipping. I called today to be told I would have to wait another 4 weeks! I am taking the complaint further with the ACCC and I will not be purchasing with Freedom again! Absolutely terrible customer service!

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Bianca, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you disappointed. If you could please PM us with your full name, docket number and phone number so we can follow up and loo... read more »

Hi Natalie,
Can you please provide an email address so I can provide the details needed privately?
Bianca

Toowoomba

• 6 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

If you want frustrating and mis-information go to Freedom

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

I bought a sofa from Freedom Toowoomba which was in stock and delivered promptly. That is where the good service ended. Within 24 hours I developed a very bad allergy and had a strong leather odour permeating my house. On visiting the store to discuss this I was promptly advised to do a claims form online as they do not handle issues in store. And so the process starts. After a few initial responses online and via phone, claims told to me that they could not make a decision on the lounge until they got some readings from the lounge. They sent round a leather doctor. He had no technical equipment for any readings and took photos of the sofa.

After more online communication where my questions were not answered regarding the components/chemicals used in making and transporting the sofa, I was unable to investigate what may have affected me healthwise. Freedom offered no other remedy than to exchange the sofa and for me to select a different one. However without the requested above information this left me very hesitant and distressed with being able to confidently select a different lounge.

While all this was going on I was waiting for a laptop desk which i had purchased the same time as the sofa. When I rang Freedom to inquire about this item, I was advised that they had it at the store for me to pick up. They never contacted me to say it was there. During this phone call they also said I was going to get a refund for my sofa. Today I went in to pick up the desk and was advised that I could only get an exchange sofa not a refund. I am so flummoxed with this whole process and still have to deal with them further to get a suitable lounge as no refund is pending. I have no backup lounge to sit on, have already wasted weeks sorting this out and will probably have to many more weeks waiting for a new sofa with trepidation that it will be OK for me.

One of the store assistants [name removed] has been helpful, but the manager has negated to be involved with any direct communication with me. So I very much feel like a second class customer. If you enjoy convoluted processes then freedom is the place for you.

Tighes Hill

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Kotara

Piling on couch within 2 weeks. Benson Donkey

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Our new couch started piling as soon as 2 weeks after arrival. After making a claim I have been advised that piling is normal, but the extent of piling is ridiculous and unexpected for the amount we paid. At no time were we told at sale that this couch piles otherwise we would not have purchased. The couch looks vile and cheap. Looks like Freedom has a history of this with many unhappy customers.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Trudy, Thanks you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. Temporary pilling can happen with some fabrics. This isn’t considered a fault and can be removed usin... read more »

Sydney

Shop Location: WA, Cannington

Not manufacturing fault, so no warranty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I am not satisfy with the product that I bought, 2 seater sofa. The back frame was broken but not warranty not cover. Reason given - broken by excessive force! I was wondering if it can't even sustain the leaning force, for what reason I want to get my sofa from freedom! Why to spend so much and yet easy to break, and can't even sustain force. Why not go for other cheaper options, cheaper and may be easy to break too! Price doesn't match with the product quality, so thick twice if you are thinking to buy from them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Kam, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the outcome of your claim. Your Sofa's warranty does only cover faults which are a found to be a man... read more »

Shop Location: Online Store

Online order- One item was delivered, the other not. It took me three emails and two and a half mont

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

The quality of one product I got was good, still haven't received other item.
The online store is not easy, and to go back and look at my order as half wasn't delivered, was difficult.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Kylie, Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that it did not turn our as expected. If you could please PM us with some more information, your full name and phone number whi... read more »

Shop Location: SA, Glynde

Oskar King single bed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

We picked up our newly purchased bed exactly a week ago. When putting the bed together we discovered that we were given 4x #5 brackets instead of 2x #5 and 2x #6. Frustrated, we filled out your online form to then be sent with no apology or even an ETA for the new parts the two new parts labelled #6. Lucky we were home.
We began setting up the bed again to find that these brackets are no different to the 4 we already have. Either you have labelled your brackets Willy nilly or there’s a fault with your manufacturing.
We are extremely unhappy with your customer service. The product seems to be on excellent standard however the inability for us as your customer to speak with someone to rectify this issue is unacceptable.
I look forward to a prompt response.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi CMZ, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this has happened. If you could please PM us with your full name, claim number and phone number linked to the origina... read more »

• 5 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 25 helpful votes

service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Service was poor and frustrating
Very hard to get info when you cant find any staff in store
All hiding and giggling out the back

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi fred, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear you are disappointed. If you wish to discuss this further, please PM us with some more information. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Brisbane

Verified Customer Shop Location: QLD, Fortitude Valley

Freedom Furniture - I'm disgusted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I purchased a $2000 Black Leather Chair from Freedom Furniture which faded to green after 6 months. In spite of a two year warranty Freedom would not support the claim. They seem to confuse a (small) disclosure tag under the chair about the product's deficiencies with the product being of an acceptable standard, and without manufacturing/ design error. Freedom, just because you know it fades doesn't make it acceptable. I'll never shop there again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Chapsworth, Thank you for providing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed, we would like to look into this for you. Are you please able to PM us with your full name and c... read more »

I have been through this with you people (Freedom Furniture) on two occasions and you still didn't honor your responsibility. I wont waste any more of my time. Quite telling is the fact that you ca... read more »

Melbourne

Shop Location: VIC, South Wharf

Appalling click and collect service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I ordered the large Russell mirror online to collect from their south wharf store (closest store available). The notification email for collection did not detail how it should be collected so I assumed that I just needed to go into store.

I parked then made my way inside the store. I was then prompted to head to their loading bay - but no map was given to me. With much difficulty i managed to find my way to the loading bay. After waiting 10mins someone finally came to assist. He went to look for the parcel but came back empty handed. I gave him more details of my order so he went back to check again. He found a parcel of the mirror but my details were not labelled on the box. So i had to wait again for him to receive confirmation that I was able to take the mirror.

This entire process took 1 hour and 9mins! I was slapped with a $24 parking fee JUST to pick up a parcel. Needless to say, i did not shop, i went to south wharf to purely pick up my parcel!

Never again.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Haze, Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience in our South Wharf Store. We are sorry to hear that the collection of your item was not as expected. We thank you for bringing... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Shop Location: WA, Osborne Park

Now they don’t hold any stock in-store they are overpriced

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

We just paid the same premium price (when they held the stock) to wait 5 weeks for our chairs to arrive in Western Australia. Currently 7 weeks and counting and still no order. If you call the store they just blame the warehouse without apology.

We won’t be bothering with freedom anymore - go Temple & Webster instead for a fast delivery

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Chris, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. We would like to look into this for you. Are you please able to PM us with your full name, docket numb... read more »

• 1 answer

Shop Location: QLD, Fortitude Valley

What absolute service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

two days ago, our glass circular dining table table collapsed, and we were expecting visitors to stay within the following week and apart from the table on the balcony, if weather is good, we had nowhere to serve them a meal, disaster. Phoned many online places, but the earliest they could get anything to us was in three to four weeks, absolutely no use to us. So two days after the disaster, we went table shopping, most places visited didn't have anything similar to what we were looking for, i.e. to match in with the chairs, which were still o.k. Some only sold as chairs and tables, and was even told that circular glass dining tables were very yesterday!!!! We then went into Freedom at Fortitude Valley and they had just about the exact thing, but unfortunately it was as a display 'on the floor' and there it would have to remain, but they were expecting a new consignment in about two to three weeks time. My husband suggested that as this was the case, couldn't we purchase the display table and they could then put one of the tables from the new arrivals on display. We expected a 'no can do this' but hey no.... the sales assistant, sadly can't remember her name but she was great, said she would ask. Came back and said yes, we could have the table, did we want it delivered. We thought it would fit in the back of our 4WD but was told it would have to be dismantled incase the weight of the pedestal damaged the glass if moving in the car and that's when Ryan came on the scene, gosh was he amazing, no problems, he would show my husband how it was put together as he dismantled it, showing him each step of the way. Finally he carried it down to the car for us, all in bubble wrap and secured it in the car and then said that if we had any trouble putting it together (probably he could see the puzzlement and what are we going to do about this - in my husband's eyes, and asked where we lived, when we said in the CBD only about ten minutes, if that away, he said, 'look I leave here about 4.30 if you have a problem putting it together, ring the shop and I will stop by on the way home and do it for you. What a gem of a person. as it happened we had some help from those who know how to assemble furniture, and 40 minutes to the second, we were sitting at our new table having a cup of coffee, Mission accomplished. I seriously can't praise the staff at Freedom enough and especially the wonderful Ryan where everything was done with a smile and with care and consideration. And you know what...... next time we need anything, because of their caring attitude, Freedom with be first on our list to visit. What an amazing company. Thank you one and all, and especially Ryan.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Bern, Thank you so much for sharing your experience regarding your time in our Fortitude Valley store. We will certainly pass on your feedback. We are happy to hear that our team was able to as... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Shop Location: VIC, Nunawading

Instant resolution of defect upon delivery, thank you!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2018

We had a 3 seater couch and single seater armchair delivered within the time frame promised. The two delivery guys walked the single seater into our lounge and unwrapped it, assembled the legs no issue. They did the same with the three seater and when they unwrapped it, saw a defect in the fabric of the couch. I think it was some kind of scuff mark from manufacturing, not sure how serious it was as my partner and the delivery guys kind of crowded me out but before before we really had time say much they pretty much instantly wrapped it back up into the covering and removed it.. and said that a new one would be delivered. Pretty impressed by that alone to be honest. Two days later I just received the same automated delivery text message as the first time giving me choices for delivery time options of the replacement. Super happy with couch which, have to say, turned out better that the display pictures in the website and will definitely use Freedom again. Delivery guys that nip the whole customer complaint things in the bud?? I'm usually a pretty busy guy so this is truly good. It would have taken me god knows how long to follow up on any issue (if ever) after delivery so high fives all round from me. Big respect to your delivery guys, Freedom. No hesitation in revisiting your website again for other bits and pieces.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi There, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that the issues with your sofa were easily rectified and our delivery service was so convenient for you. We hope you en... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Shop Location: QLD, Capalaba

Worst customer service, will not return

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

My parents purchased a couch from the Capalaba store, very unhappy with the customer service we received. Shop elsewhere to get friendly, great service. Will not be going back.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Roxy20, Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that your parents are disappointed. It you could please PM us with some more information we would like to look into further for you. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes

Shop Location: NSW, Moore Park

Lighting quality has declined significantly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

I bought a Freedom Disco floor lamp after viewing it in store. I previously owned another Freedom floor lamp which I loved, but needed something with a smaller footprint.

The Disco looked perfect, however unlike my old lamp - it is made up of three pieces that screw together. Unfortunately you can see where each piece connects as the wood isn’t quite straight - meaning it looks like a piece of bamboo rather than a straight rod. The light fitting is cheap in comparison with my old lamp, it has a switch near the bulb rather than a nice one on the floor.

Basically this lamp looks cheap, it wasn’t cheap and the only reason I haven replaced it is because I need light in my sitting room. Regrettable purchase.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi RS, Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Floor Lamp. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. If you feel that there is a fault with your lamp, the best option would be to c... read more »

Thanks for responding. It would be great if you could pass the above feedback on to your design and production team.

1 of 129 pages