Freedom are offering reviewers a chance to win a $500 Freedom Gift Card. Reviews can be both positive and negative. The winner will be randomly drawn, as long as their public review has been posted between June 19th and the 31st of August 2017.

Shop Location: NSW, Kotara

Love Freedom Products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Researched on line and then attended in-store to finalise purchase selection. I have used Castle Hill two years ago and have now moved to the country and used Kotara. I am currently waiting on my delivery next week. The service I have experienced with Freedom has been exceptional.

Verified Customer Shop Location: QLD, Jindalee

(Freedom Jindalee) Management need training or even replacing. No customer service!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

We bought two king single frames and two matching bed side tables on sale in early June (may have been an early EOFY sale). We were informed that they would arrive in 2 - 5 weeks, however we were told to follow up with the logistics company not Freedom as "they would be able to help you from here".

We followed up a few times with the logistics company and we were always informed they would be arriving in the following week. After about 6 week the side tables had arrived however the beds would be another week or so away.

8 weeks after the purchase we received a call from the assistant manager. He informed us that the beds would not be arriving as they were no longer available from the manufacture, so when would be like to pick up the side tables. As they were a matching set we let him know that unless there was something that suited the side tables (similar style ash wood) we most likely wouldn't proceed with the side tables.

We had a look online and noticed that the frames were still being sold in New Zealand, there was also a very very similar ash wood styled product that appeared to almost be a replacement to the one we purchased available here in Australia. We were not offered either of these options, instead we were offered the cheapest upholstered frames that Freedom have, which felt like a bait and switch and was clearly disappointing. The assistant manager also made some strange comments such as "you never really purchase anything until you have it". It seems that good faith has been lost here. We didn't pay a deposit we paid for the items in full. The sales assistant also specifically told us at the time of purchase that she had allocated these specific items to us and they were now ours.

My wife decided to go in and have a look at the frames that had been offered during the week as we had already purchased the mattresses (which are taking up space in our house) and were keen to get the kids rooms sorted by this stage.

When she went in the manager was extremely unpleasant and very short with her, almost to the point that my wife felt like she was taking up the manager's time. The manager didn't seem interested in attempting to resolve anything and everything appeared to be a hassle. When my wife brought up the similar styled beds we were quoted an additional $600 on top of what we had paid and they would take "4-6 weeks" to arrive. She decided to have a think about it and left feeling bewildered by the experience.

I joined my wife on the weekend to view our options and to see if her experience was as bad as she had described. I had a look at the similar bed and it appeared straight away to be an obvious fit, even a replacement to the one we had purchased. I approached the manager who met me with an enthusiastic "Hi, how can I help you" with a smile on her face, however as soon as I explained the situation and presented my receipt her tone and body language changed. The attitude, lack of eye contact and shortness was almost to the point that I felt like a second class citizen.

She had absolutely no desire to help, her mood was cold and unpleasant. There was no apology for the mess around, attempt to ease our disappointment or explain the situation. Customer service was non existent. I attempted enquired about the similarity of the similar frames and she just tapped her pen on the receipt (I didn't realised she had written the amount to exchange them on it) saying it'll cost you "this" to have that particular model. I stood their stunned in disbelief.

She then mentioned that if we wanted one of the beds we purchases there was still one available (if we had been informed about this from the start we would have accepted). We said yes we would take the one set (bed frame and side table) and refund the other set. After looking on the system she then casually said nope it's gone now, it was there before.

At this point it became pretty obvious to me that I didn't want to proceed with Freedom or at least Freedom Jindalee. It was blatantly obvious that customer service was not high on their agenda and I would hate to be on the other end of a warranty dispute.

I left the shop with a refund however still feeling extremely discouraged and disappointed. From the look of the other reviews it appears to be a consistent issue with people paying in full, waiting long periods of time to then be informed they would not be receiving their items. All in all a very disappointing experience and it would take some thing significant for me to consider walking back into another Freedom store in the future.

Brisbane

• 16 comments
  • 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 33 helpful votes

Verified Customer Shop Location: QLD, Windsor

freedom is a joke!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

The service was fantastic, the range was fantastic and choosing our furniture couldn’t of been easier. Delivery was on time and really didn’t mind the 3 month wait as fitted in with our time frame anyway.
I also purchased the ottoman resulting in our purchase being over $3000 so all was well and has stayed well for two comfortable years until.......

I noticed an area when cleaning my furniture that seemed to almost look worn or bare of leather and the more I looked the more worried I became- I only use a leather cleaner and rejuvenating cream to clean my leather sofa but avoided this area and contacted the team at customer services to lodge a claim.
After a very complicated claim system with no person to actually speak with I waited for freedom to contact me of which they did and rest assured me the person assessing my sofa would be looking but NO further damage will be caused.
The day arrived and the assessor came out.... he has then proceeded to rub, brush, and LIFT of the leather with tape....... after 30 mins of this treatment to my much loved sofa I told him to stop and leave- leaving me with a much more damaged sofa than before......
I received a phone call today stating that although my sofa is defective as far as they are concerned THEY will not replace as it’s down to us using the sofa- sitting on it as you normally would, and cleaning the sofa with a specific leather cleaner isn’t THEIR cleaner so through the net they ran!!!
To say I’m angry is an understatement- they are no better than a market stall offering goods that fall apart - they laugh at the prospect of fair trading and Accc contacting them and believe that customers can be discarded after complaint!
Both myself and another reviewer on here are forwarding complaints to fair trading and Accc and I urge everyone who has a problem with their shoddy attitude regarding defective furniture to do the same!
Cheap and nasty furniture sold by a cheap and nasty company!!!!

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Jaine, Thank you for sharing your experience. We have received and responded to your Private Message. Thank you, Natalie- team freedom

You have responded exactly the same way to every unhappy customer in here.... and I will be asking all those customers with shoddy faulty goods to do exactly what I have done and report freedom to ... read more »

• 2 comments

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Homebush

3 weeks later still no item poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I ordered a mirror online (#9007770141776) on 16/07/18 for click and collect at the Homebush NSW store. After a week I called the store asking when the mirror will be ready for pick up. The lady told me they were broken and had to order another one from a different store which would take a week. If I hadn't called i wouldn't have known this. A week later I rang again, the person who I spoke to said will check and call me back 10 minutes later which didn't happen. I rang an hour later and another lady told me they are still waiting and will take another week or so. It's now almost been 3 weeks and no response. I emailed your customer service two days ago for a refund and no response either. Poor customer service, taken my money still no product.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi intabgible_1, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We would like to look further into this for you. If you could please PM us with your full name, phone number and docket number so we can invest... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 22 helpful votes

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Warrawong

Expensive mistake!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Andersen Chaise, Armchair and Ottoman in Napa Bark, complete waste of $4000! Chaise has faded to pink, chair and ottoman haven’t. When I called to ask about getting something done I was asked if it was in a room with windows, WTH! Then was promptly told sun fade isn’t covered under any warranty ( seems to be the norm with this particle fabric and lounge) Well if it is sun fade then why hasn’t the chair and ottoman faded?? Treat people like their stupid. Also the cushions have sagged so much it hurts my back and the feathers have never stopped shedding! 3 years old and it’s embarrassing to have people see it. Never again Freedom furniture..now we are faced with having to replace this worthless piece of garbage!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi lizzzyb, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. If you would like to discuss this further, please PM us with your full name, docket number a... read more »

Melbourne

Shop Location: VIC, Chadstone

Terrible Customer Service and Quality of Product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

We purchased a sofa in store and waited three months for the product. We only had it two weeks before we lodged a complaint with freedom as the fabric is pulling and there Is an issue with it. that was done over three weeks ago. Since then we have had someone to come and look at but have had no response from Freedom since even though I have emailed on three occasions, gone into the store, phoned the customer service line and contacted the store that we purchased it from who advised that they cannot help.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Eliza, Thank you for sharing your experience. We would like to look into this further for you. Are you please able to PM us with your full name, docket number and phone number which would be lin... read more »

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 6 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Shop Location: Online Store

Wasted legwork, unhelpful service and long wait for delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

We just happened to spot our furniture item at a store which was a long way away from us. We later decided that we would purchase the item over the internet, but we wanted a couple of extra measurements first that weren't included online (internal shelving). I completed a customer enquiry form and received an automatic "thank you for your enquiry - we'll respond soon" on 14/6/2018. I've never received a reply.

Sick of waiting we went out of our way to visit our closest store, who didn't have the item on display (I'm sure I checked stock availability online first, although it's not showing 4 days later - we wouldn't have bothered otherwise). We checked with a staff member who initially was a bit curt and unhelpful. She simply looked the item dimensions up on line like we had and directed us to ANOTHER store location (our 3rd!) or she could give us the number of the manufacturer!!. I would have thought she could have phoned another store or the manufacturer for us seeing as there was 3 on the customer service desk.

Anyway, we tempted fate and ordered it without the specifics. It should be OK. What I'm angry about it having utilised your various customer service options on line and in person and not getting an answer still. Be nice if our delivery fee could be waived as a gesture, but I'm not holding my breath - hell, I still haven't had a reply to my original online enquiry!

Didn't hear about when exactly delivery will occur, but we received it 6 weeks later. Still haven't had a reply to my original enquiry of 14/6. Felt I had to order before stock ran out too. Can't customer service think laterally and phone either another store (who has the item in stock) or the manufacturer to get details instead of forcing the customer to do more leg work?

We found a good item, but will be most likely be sharing the exhausting customer service experience it took to get the item if friends or family ask.

Have had to fill in an online form to ask for spare parts (shelf supports) - let's see if or how we go there...

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi there, Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that your online experience has not turned out as planned. We do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and disappointment this has cau... read more »

Hi Natalie. My name is Elizabeth Duggan. The phone number is 0434848816. The numbers I have on the item receipt are: Order number: 9007770137957 Order date: 23/06/2018 4:23:59 PM. The first en... read more »

Shop Location: NSW, Kotara

Still waitinf for item

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

I purchased a sideboard in early June. Told it would be delivered in 3 weeks. It's now almost August. I have emailed the helpdesk 6 times and still waiting for a reply.
Poor customer service

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Ing, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the order has not yet arrived. If you have not yet had a response, please PM us with your full name and phone number so we can... read more »

Shop Location: QLD, Logan

Communication

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

Online, purchasing process is fine but what happens to my item it’s been a month already, I received no communication at all

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Josie, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have not yet received the order. If you could please PM us with your full name, docket number and phone number which is ... read more »

Shop Location: NSW, Albury

Late delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2018

No one calls to confirm when delivery will occur, goods are late, same problem every time. Poor service, poor communication.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Jackie, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. If you wish to discuss this further, please PM us with some more information along with your purchase details. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Melbourne

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Frankston

Poor Design/Quality Leather Couch

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

The extent of movement in the cushions requires rearranging daily. The inner arm cushions become misshapen after use and pop out causing the bottom cushions to shift. The couch looks like a mess except straight after being plumped then rearranged.
Owning the couch for around 3 months the condition is worsening. I’m currently waiting for freedom to advise me on what can be done about this issue.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Tennie, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed., If you could please PM us with your full name and claim number we can investigate this for you. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Verified Customer Shop Location: WA, Myaree

Faulty Lounge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Hermitage armchair x 2 @ $1699 each. Have deteriorated so much to the point the seats sag. 4 years old, 2 adults living here, rang this morning fill out a warranty but think it’s the foam so only 2 years warranty. Be aware when buying Freedom!

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Peta, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. If you could proceed with completing the claim form our Customer Care Team will be able to investigate ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Shop Location: QLD, Southport

Appalling service - second rate products

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Took this store 7 months to get out order right after 3 returns for poorly made products and incorrect items being delivered.
If it’s not in stock for immediate delivery avoid this company like the plague. Paid good money for poorly made goods and second rate finishes. If your after quality go elsewhere. If your after value for money go elsewhere. If you want good service go elsewhere in fact don’t even bother trying freedom save yourself the hassle and go elsewhere from the start.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Ian, Thank you providing your feedback. We are sorry your experience has not turned out as planned. If you wish to discuss this further or can provide us with further information please PM us wi... read more »

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Erina

Shocking customer service & communication with damaged item

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Took 3 months to receive my order. 2 stools & a side table. The side table arrived cracked & damaged. Using the online website to submit the issue, its been 7 days and 3 emails from me with ZERO response in any form from Freedom. Poor form. Cant call them, they direct you to the website where is supposedly faster (i would say cheaper for them to manage complaints).

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Jordan, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear you haven't had a response. If you could please PM us with your full name, order number and phone number we can investigate this for you. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Verified Customer Shop Location: SA, Glynde

Inferior product & disgraceful service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Purchase made online, only because disinterested storeperson at Glynde couldn't tell us anything about the product or purchase options.
When product was received could barely close the drawers they are so tight & crooked. Can't speak to anyone on the phone, just get put on an endless loop telling you to lodge a warranty claim online. Lodged a claim online & eventually spoke to a staff member who reviewed the photos we sent and said we would be sent a replacement product. Rang to chase up 3 weeks later and no record of either our claim or a new product being sent, still waiting for the staff member to call us back.
Also escalated complaint to Manager at Glynde store who took 2 weeks to get back to us with the response he didn't think it was a problem and no further action would be taken. When we objected he reluctantly arranged for someone to come & look at the product. Have now been told it is not normal for the drawers to be so tight but just live with it for a few months and hopefully they will fix themselves.
Would have been better off saving our money and shopping at Crazy Clarks, got the same quality product & no service whatsoever. Will never shop at Freedom again, clearly don't care at all about their customers. Would give 0 stars if I could

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Jo, We are sorry to hear that your experience has not turned out as planned. If you wish to discuss this further, please PM us with your docket number, full name and phone number which is linked... read more »

Queensland

Shop Location: QLD, Fortitude Valley

Poor customer service. Poor everything!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I had concerns over the wear on a leather sofa and arranged for Freedom to come out and have a look at it. The rep they sent out did testing which seemed to damage the leather more. It does not make sense to me that he put strong gaffe tape on already compromised leather. I made a comment to him at the time that the grains were further separated but he claimed that it was just because it was wet (he had sprayed it with something) and was okay. It certainly was not. Additionally, I have not been able to speak properly to Freedom. They refuse to give contact phone numbers or emails and direct everything through their website inquiry centre. This makes contact cumbersome if not impossible. There is no ownership or commonsense. I would not recommend Freedom products or service and would have give them ZERO stars based on this experience if it was possible. Do not purchase extended warranty! Do not let their rep test your lounge, he does more harm.
Not happy at all, in fact quite angry and disappointed

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Jo, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. We would like to look into this further for you. Please PM us with your full name and claim number so we ... read more »

Still no information over 1 month later

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Still waiting for any news of the delivery of my Sofa! It’s been over a month and no news at all although the sofa was a clearance item ????

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Fik, Thank you for your feedback. We are able to look into this for you. Are you please able to PM us with your full name, docket number and phone number which is linked to the order so we can investigate. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Verified Customer Shop Location: Online Store

online order not received & can't contact Freedom

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

purchased & paid online, still havn't received item after 6 weeks, call company many time in the last 2 weeks on (02)97379909 (opt 3), no one pickup the phone.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Minh, Thank you for sharing you feedback. We are sorry to hear you haven't had a response. If you could please PM us with your full name, order number and phone number we can investigate this for you. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Perth

Shop Location: WA, Osborne Park

Nice range, good service, average quality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

My wife and I pretty much furnished our new home with Freedom gear, things in store are always perfect, seemed like we got a few bad batches of furniture though, they are very responsive in resolving any issue and replacing the item in question though so no negative feedback there, unless like us we had the same fault on both items, a faulty draw on a TV unit, as well as splinters from cabinets, chips on tables. I would expect more for the price paid but it is what it is.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Mark, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that you like our range of furniture and received great service. We are disappointed to hear that you have had some issues with yo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

DON'T USE THE ONLINE STORE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

I placed and paid for my order over three weeks ago and am yet to receive it. I have sent three emails to the help centre / online order enquiry email address and have had no response. I cannot find a phone number anywhere on the website to follow up via phone. I will be lodging a complaint with the ACCC.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Jez, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the order has not arrived yet. We would like to look into this for you. Are you please able to PM us with your full name, dock... read more »

Hi Natalie,
Thanks for getting back to me.
The order number is 9007770136837; name is Jess Moretti; the product is a Madras Rug $112.89; phone number is 0420 398 984.

1 of 128 pages