Freedom are offering reviewers a chance to win a $500 Freedom Gift Card. Reviews can be both positive and negative. The winner will be randomly drawn, as long as their public review has been posted between June 19th and the 31st of August 2017.

Verified Customer Store type: Online store Shop Location: Online Store

Kenza Rug - full of fluff

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

We bought the Kenza rug, which I adore for its look and pattern, however it fluffs absolutely everywhere to the point where we end up with balls of fluff sitting on top of the rug. I would only recommend to buy this if you don’t plan on sitting/walking/using it, only for show. Balls of fluff pile on top of the rug and end up all over the house. The rug looks worn, although only 6 months old.
When Freedom was contacted, they said that this is not a fault in the rug and that it is expected to fluff.

sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Store type: Physical store Shop Location: NSW, Auburn

Dissatisfied

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

We had gone to the store in Moore Park to choose the lounge we wanted but ended up ordering by phone on a different day from the branch in Auburn as we had difficulty getting through their phone.
Customer service was excellent when the sale was made over the phone.The service went significantly downhill after payment was made.We were not given prompt communication about the delivery being delayed which meant we could not have the new lounge we wanted before Christmas (one of the main reasons why we decided to purchase the lounge).
We were then given a promise that we would get a call from the deliverer three days before the date of delivery now in mid January but this did not happen.We then called only to discover that delivery was further delayed and they were not sure exactly when the furniture will be delivered and told us that it was something that they did not have control over?Again no courtesy call to inform us of this beforehand.Minimal effort made to reassure customers;very poor service delivery considering it was supposedly classed as a reputable brand.
Extremely dissatisfied with overall performance-insincere,inefficient, ineffective service.We regret having had anything to do with this institution.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi stanche,, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you sofa has not arrived within the expected timeframe. If you are able to please PM us with your full name, or... read more »

Store type: Online store Shop Location: NSW, Moore Park

Don't Ever Shop at Freedom Furniture!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Everything is cheap, imported, low quality rubbish, with the worst delivery process imaginable. Faulty items and terrible customer service is the only thing you will get from this company. Avoid at all costs!!

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Lisa, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Feel free to PM us with some more information so we can look into this for you. We hope that we have the ... read more »

Verified Customer Store type: Physical store Shop Location: NSW, Erina

Furniture

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

Staff helpful - bedside tables present a very modern look - natural wood - not a huge range but good quality furniture - considerable time spent assembling but instructions fairly easy - bought from new store at West Gosford

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Denise, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that our team at the West Gosford store were able to help you with your purchases. We hope to see you back in store again soon. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Adelaide

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Shop Location: Online Store

Website and customer service system is an absolute mess

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

Website and customer service system is an absolute mess. The website messed up and decided to send the gift card I ordered to my own Paypal address in SA, rather than the recipient's address I entered in VIC. I know I entered the recipient's address because the website defaulted to the nearest store in VIC as my 'local store'. Emailed two addresses listed online trying to get help, neither worked. Had several phone calls with (very nice rep) but was ultimately not able to resolve the issue. Was told to ring the Richmond store today if I hadn't heard back. Spent 10 minutes trying different phone help options before I finally got put on hold for another 10 minutes, then the system hangs up on me. I've wasted several hours of my time trying to get a $50 gift card to work. What a mess.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Lock, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this has happened. If you can please PM us with your full name, order number and phone number which is linked to the order we... read more »

Update. Rang Richmond store last week, they asked me to email the manager so they could forward it on to head office. No reply a week later. Nearly two weeks after I first filed a Paypal claim (and... read more »

Perth

• 1 answer

Shop Location: WA, Myaree

Poor quality PU leather chairs and poor customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

Bought a set of 8 Signature S PU leather dining chairs and just after 2 years 3 of the chairs PU fabric started to peel. Contacted Freedom regarding warranty and after many failed attempts finally received an answer. Freedoms response: “not a matter to which the freedom warranty applies, as the incident has occurred outside of the freedom warranty period”. Pretty poor effort in both quality of product and customer service. I have also tried to contact my local store manager, with no response.
In Australian Consumer Law there is an implied warranty, meaning the goods must reasonably conform to an ordinary buyer's expectations. 2 Years is not good enough for a set of dining chairs.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Malcolm, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. We have responded directly to your Private Message. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

The private message contains no outcomes.
I am considering my options with the consumer affairs.

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Artarmon

Poor after sales service and recognition of poor quality lounge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

We purchased a Lucas lounge from freedom Ryde some years back along with the leather protection package for the additional warranty and peace of mind. We’ve had to have the lounge webbing replaced already (under warranty) the leather has been cleaned and conditioned as per the guardian leather protection advises. Yet the lounge is delaminating,leather cracking and separating. I know it’s out of warranty but we have submitted emails to freedom whom seem to have zero customer service for post sales support. No one has had the decency to call back and discuss or review the workmanship or leather quality. Once they have the cash they don’t seem to ring back.
Regards, disgruntled Lucas lounge purchaser

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Farnsy, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. If you wish to discuss this further, please PM us with your full name, order number and phone number ... read more »

Hi Natalie,
I had already uploaded my proof of purchase & original invoice along with images via the freedom site with no response from anyone at freedom.

• 6 helpful votes

And the wait continues

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

Ordered a coffee table in September and and very time I question when it will be in stock I get a different excuse, Quarantine, Shipping line delay, Simple not good enough.. Especially when they are happy to take your money and not deliver a product. The Other Items delivered were also incorrectly delivered, when they were suppose to be delivered together. Seems like Freedom has some serious Quality Control Issues, Advice if you want certainty look elsewhere.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi G, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your order has not arrived as expected. We would like to look into this for you. Are you please able to PM us with your full nam... read more »

Don’t waste your time .. I am over Freedom and will never shop there again, it’s over priced and you clearly have a inefficient supply chain ! Merry Xmas and good luck with your other customers

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Shop Location: VIC, Fountaingate

Waiting waiting... not even a phone call to let me know I had to be the one to call the delivery com

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

Disgraceful and I will never recommend freedom to anyone. Great service in store but once items were paid for it’s like I didn’t exists. They told me my couch would take 10 weeks and that I would have to wait for the rest of my furniture or I would have to pay more than one delivery fee. Bought items on the 24th of September and still no couch, I called and they told me it would come on the 17th of December call on the 17th still no couch it’s going to be over 15 weeks before I get my couch now. very disappointed that they didn’t even offer to get my other items delivered and I had to call and ask if this could happen.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Mel b, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your order has not arrived as expected. We would like to look into this for you. Are you please able to PM us with your full... read more »

Not coming for Christmas

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

We placed an order online for furniture that was labelled as "in stock" on the 7/11/18.
On the 18/12/18 we were told it would arrive in the second week of January, just slightly missing Christmas.
We were told that we should have bought in store as the web site option isn't very good.
Disappointed they didn't publish the fact to not buy online as it may take three months or more to deliver.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Nick, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We do apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience this has caused. We have also responded to your Private Message. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Shop Location: QLD, Southport

Great Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

Really good company to deal with, if there was something wrong they fixed it straight away. I would recommend others to purchase through this company.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Courtney, Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We are happy to hear you like your new Kitchen. We will certainly pass your feedback on to freedom Kitchens directly. Have a wonderful Christmas. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Shop Location: NSW, Kotara

CLick and Collect worst service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

Ordered a Christmas present with click and collect. I received the confirmation it was ready to pick up. Arrived to find that they had processed my order in another city 2 hours away. The items I wanted were not available in my local store. I had set my local store for the pick up, the sales assistant said I was the 10th person that this had happened to. If the local store hasn't got the item then it shouldn't default to another store that is not in the area. I was advised that they don't usually home deliver, but they would on this occasion at a cost to me of $30 and that they couldn't guarantee it would arrive by Christmas. This is not good enough.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Toni, Thank you for sharing your feedback and bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that the order has not panned out as expected. We would like to look into this for you. Are you... read more »

Melbourne

Shop Location: Online Store

Do not purchase online. Difficult to access post-purchase service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Online purchasing is hopeless. They delivered the lamp I ordered without its original packaging. The lamp was purchased for a gift and thus required original packaging. Freedom were very difficult to contact to discuss the situation. No phone contact, an online form only which was time consuming then wait until they decide to contact you. Very annoying.

Edited to add: Freedom's online team have now contacted me and arranged to send a replacement product in original packaging. Once they contacted me, the staff were polite and prompt at resolving the issue. However, I still feel that sending a full priced item without original packaging is at best cheeky. I also think their system for customer complaints forces the customer to do all the work.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Fi44, Thank you for your Private message and sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear the issue has been resolved. We will certainly pass on your feedback to be reviewed. We apologise for the... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Shop Location: NSW, Belrose

Ordered online for home delivery and they insist I pick up from store!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I ordered some tumblers online for home delivery. Received email that they are ready for collection from store. Called store to advise that I ordered home delivery and the website allowed for items to be delivered. Customer service officer on phone was most unprofessional. Placed me on hold for about 10 minuted and hardly spoke, clearly could not be bothered working. I asked for a refund and to cancel the purchase as I will not be collecting from store. I was asked 5 times as to whether I’m sure I cannot collect from store? Seriously? Hilarious.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Nina, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. If you could please PM us with your full name, order number and phone number we would like to look into... read more »

Brisbane

Shop Location: QLD, Capalaba

Faulty products and disgraceful post-purchase service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Earlier this year we had an in-home consultation with a Freedom Furniture Designer, who recommended the purchase of Atelier tan leather couches for our living room. These couches were subsequently purchased and delivered 12 weeks later, and were positioned in the same location as previous couches. After just 11 weeks we noticed significant fading of the leather, resulting in couches with strips and patches of pale yellow / orange. This was brought to the attention of the store, who directed us to raise a complaint on-line. We waited another 5 weeks to be told that the defect was “not a manufacturers fault” and there was nothing Freedom could do to assist. We are extremely disappointed by the lack of customer service and disgraceful quality of the products purchased. Had we known the couches would not be as designed in 11 short weeks, we would never have outlaid the money to purchase them. This matter is currently under review by the Department of Fair Trading.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Kerridyn, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We have been in contact with Fair Trading directly who will also be in touch with you to discuss the outcome of your claim further. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Thank you Natalie. Thanks to Freedom for resolving this issue for us.

Perth

• 4 helpful votes

Shop Location: WA, Osborne Park

Poor quality lounges at a high price

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

We purchased a lounge around 3 years ago. Assembly was fine however the base and cushions have sagged so much that there is a very noticeable dip in areas more frequently used. Supporting wooden frame appears to be very low quality. For the price it's highly disappointing to only get 2 years out of a lounge before the seats start to sag to the point we are looking at selling it or giving it away so we can get something that offers some actual support. Even discount pine furniture was better. Style over quality.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Anthony, Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. If you could please PM us with some more information and your contact details we can discuss this further with you. Warm regards, Natalie - team freedom

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Moore Park

Freedom Moore Park - Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I have never written a review - for anything. Paul from Freedom Moore Park has changed all that.

My fiance and I went in looking for a new bed for a spare room and Paul was nothing short of amazing. Fantastic service that was above and beyond our expectations. Knowing that our needs were important and ensuring we leave happy was Paul's goal and he smashed it out of the park. If you are looking for a bed, pillows, sheets or general great advice about one of the most important things we do as human beings, sleep, go see Paul at Moore Park Freedom. You will not be disappointed.

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi JellyT, Thank you for sharing your positive shopping experience with Paul in our Moore Park store. We are happy to hear that Paul was able to assist you with the purchase of your new bed. We hop... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Shop Location: WA, Joondalup

Waiting waiting waiting

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I have bought a lot of furniture from Freedom as the quality is very high, and would normally recommend them to anyone. However, my recent purchase of an ottoman to match my sofa has made me change my mind completely. I bought and paid for the ottoman on 23rd Oct and was told I would be able to pick up by the 25th Oct. Then I was contacted and told it would not be in until December. Today I was told it won't be here until at least the 27th December. I am upset and fed up as I wanted it in time for Christmas and it is too late to order from anywhere else now.
NOT HAPPY!

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Steph, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that there has been a delay on your order. If you could please PM us with your full name, order number and the phone numb... read more »

Shop Location: QLD, Fortitude Valley

Lovely furniture and staff - but waited SO long for delivery.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Freedom has a lovely range of furniture and homewares and my husband and I were so excited to finally be able to buy furniture for our brand new house. The staff in store at Fortitude Valley were lovely and extremely helpful. We have however been extremely disappointed with the wait for delivery. We were told our dining table would be delivered in 1x week. This ended up taking 8x weeks and when it finally arrived it was in flat packs and we had to set it up ourselves. We also ordered a couch which was said to arrived in November but I just received a call now saying it will be another 2 weeks (mid December). In hindsight we should have just gone to IKEA - at least we would have our furniture immediately. Pretty disappointed to be waiting so long, especially to only receive flat packs. Won't be shopping at Freedom again unless they have the stock in the warehouse ready to go!

Comments
Freedom Official

Hi Fran, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. Unfortunately not all items are able to be delivery fully assembled due to transport reasons,... read more »

Annandale, NSW

• 23 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 2 answers
  • 45 helpful votes

Shop Location: NSW, Casula

Three replacements of furniture and still damaged

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

I am writing publicly because I am getting nowhere with communicating privately with Freedom and every time I submit a warranty claim for the third lot of damaged furniture replacement, I get no generated email with a claim number! Since Friday 23rd I’ve submitted three times to warranty claims and none have gone through or generated an email.

I have now on Thursday 22nd November received my THIRD replacement for this Bayswater bedroom furniture suite. First lowboy was returned and replaced as it fell apart on arrival to my house back in March/April 2018. Second lowboy arrived and then this lowboy and both side dressers then needed replaced after four months because all items began to crack in the joinery and these cracks began to spread and get worse and unsightly- I lodged a claim and this claim number was 24075. Items were replaced on Thursday 22nd November and boxes were marked quality checked - are you kidding me???? All items were damaged. All items have cracks in them. Exactly the same as the second replacement we had. All in the joins. Although not as bad, they will, like the last time, spread over time. It is so disappointing! Three bedroom suites we have had and all three are damaged with cracks, and these cracks spread overtime. There is even touch up pain on the lowboy that is a different colour white to the rest and it’s so noticeable.

I am so disappointed. We built our new house and chose this bedroom suite especially for our scheme and bedroom. And also to match with the bed we purchased. Ever since freedom have revamped their products and made everything every day low prices, they are no longer an upmarket store. It’s junk, poor quality and poorly made furniture. Product review privately offered to replace this furniture with another type of bedroom suite of same value. I don’t want another bedroom suite. This bedroom suite is white and is the one we chose to work with our bedroom scheme. I want this bedroom suite in undamaged form. And after three attempts you still can’t deliver undamaged Furniture.

It’s disappointing that I should have to accept damage furniture. Or furniture that cracks so quickly and once cracked, continues to crack and spread.

Please advise me on how you can actually deliver three lots of damaged bedroom furniture? And how you’re going to rectify the issue. Really ridiculous if I’m going to have to receive a fourth lot which I can guarantee will do the same as it’s such crap quality. There is already clear touch up paint on this lot to cover damage!

1 of 131 pages

Physical store

I purchased a brand new Macy 3 seater Velvet Sofa which was purchased and delivered before Christmas. Once I removed the plastic I noticed numerous issues, blotchy stains on the cushions, dirt and fabric imperfections. I contacted Freedom and they organised a technican to steam the sofa and remove the stains. If I had known that I would have asked for a refund right from the beggining. I was tild a freedom techincan was going to inspect he couch not clean it bt a third party ( he was lovely by the way and worked really hard to try and get the stains out) I am extremely unhappy as brand new furniture shouldn’t need to be steam cleaned, I emailed to follow up on my exisiting claim 3 days ago, no follow up call as of yet. I’m very disappointed with the customer service, I want a full refund and the sofa to be picked up as the quality of the product is absolutely terrible. Is there a phone number so I can speak to someone?

Nadia asked on Jan 08, 2019

Answer this

Hi Nadia, contact ACCC, https://www.accc.gov.au/. They will run you through the process of how to construct a letter, etc to try to get an appropriate outcome. If the letter fails then further correspondence with the ACCC is required. They are the government dept that backs up the consumer with substantial law backing them and are there to help you.
Hope that helps.
Best wishes,
Malcolm

Please guys this company is rubbish! Poor sales staff are conned by wrong computer info and left to deal with it ! The employees arnt allowed to call head office to try fix or complain ! It's a very horrible mean structured place ! Like a school yard bullys ! Malaysia is a stupid idea ! As made it slower to arrive! 16 weeks plus delivery wait on 80% of couches guaranteed unless a very popular color and size like a beige 3 seater ! They have alot of problems with overseas contracts saying they can supply but get over run by freedom doing spastic sales then hold your money and make interest while u wait ! Fk em I've got nothing you cant touch me ! I did my time but worth it to know I took a few down ! It's the managers up and if you not a team lover your out ! They will find a reason ! Suffer I hope that company goes broke as its ripped of so many people! 1000s of stories ! Some people had nothing after 16 weeks its was broken then had to wait another 16 weeks! To a if your lucky a loan couch ! Dirty ones from shipping containers! This post is fictional and i take no responsibility for the said above comments !

Online store

Hello there, We purchased a lounge suite from freedom Springwood mid 2017, service, delivery all OK however the cushions are all sagging and mis-shaped looking ugly and very tired. Are cushions under warranty?

Quinton K asked on Jan 04, 2019

PILLING Can any one tell me which materials are having the pilling issues? We have selected a category 3 fabric called the Silverstreak but these reviews have me second guessing the whole thing.

rclarke555 asked on Dec 16, 2018

Answer this

The light colored fabric on The Hamilton is terrible for pilling

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.