Filter By:

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Springfield / Ripley Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Phenomenal company with exceptional customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

From the initial phone call right through to handover, our experience with G.J. Gardner Springfield/Ripley was outstanding and we would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to build their dream home. Top quality service throughout made the process easy and stress free. Nothing was ever a problem and they were always willing to go that extra mile.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank the entire team that assisted us with our project.

Jon Farrell (Sales Consultant) - your tireless work and persistence during negotiations was incredible. We had a budget and he respected that from the get go, never trying to push for more than we could afford.
Day and night he was there answering any questions we had, always putting our minds at ease, double checking information and reassuring us that everything will go to plan.

Daniel Carroll (Construction Supervisor) - Dan was amazing throughout the entire build. As we live interstate, he would always send us progress shots of the house to keep us in the loop. Dan is an incredible construction Supervisor with the finest eye for detail.

Iain Harris (Director) - We never personally spoke to Iain, however he was extremely considerate of our needs and expectations from a dollar value perspective and would like to sincerely thank him for that. During negotiations he was always easy to deal with and he does really care about giving his clients the best outcome for the best value.

Denise Skillecorn (Colour Consultant) Danielle Lynch and Tammy Ormesher (Contracts Administrators) and Carmel Platell (Accounts Administrator). All of these ladies were fantastic, so helpful and extremely patient with us. They all went out of their way to help us in every way they could.

Overall G.J. Gardner Homes staff are a cut above the rest. So professional with A class service.
We’d highly recommend this company if your planning on building a house. The workmanship and build quality is second to none. I promise you won’t be disappointed!!!

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Kris and Lyndsey, thank you so much for your amazing feedback, it means more to us than you know to hear how your experience with our entire team went. We really enjoyed helping you build your h... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Bendigo Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Nice house, poor customer experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

This is the second review I've posted about my G. J. Gardner Bendigo experience. The first I (voluntarily) decided to take down - although it should not have needed me to post a review for them to agree to look into the issues raised. Despite them fixing these, what they can't rectify is the poor customer service I experienced during and post building. Working with the staff at Sunbury during the planning stages went well enough and was overall mostly a good experience but unfortunately the build stage things seemed to go down hill.
It started with them starting building before I had secured a bank loan, I had to constantly chase them for information and follow up emails; my first build supervisor didn't call once to update me on progress or offer me a site visit, issues raised such as dumping from my build onto my neighbour's block took months to rectify despite both of us repeatedly calling and emailing asking for it to be done. During the lengthy delay before completion no explanation was given and getting updated information was a struggle.
The house is nice and well built, unfortunately that doesn't make up for the lack of interest I felt they took in my build or the stress from constantly chasing them, even to get them to rectify the issues raised in my previous review was an effort. Would not build with them again nor recommend to others. In the end they say that you don't remember what happened but you do remember how it made you feel, this adequately sums up my Gardner's experience.

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Bendigo Construction End Date: Oct 2018

A great family home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

This is the second time we have built a house, and the process was by far a much more thorough and professional experience to our first time. From the moment we decided to investigate building a bigger house for our growing family, to when we walked in the front door on handover day we dealt with many friendly and helpful people from GJ Gardner Homes in Bendigo. When we were signing the building contracts there was a change in rules relating to fire ratings, permits and requirements, costs etc. GJ Gardner Homes Bendigo helped us to navigate this, and saved us some extra costs. We had a rough idea of what we wanted to include, and we were also offered helpful suggestions along the way. The workmanship and quality of products/materials used in the home has been amazing. The floor plan and size of the home is perfect for my husband and I, teenage boys and 6 year old daughter.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Emma, We're thrilled to hear that you had such a thorough and professional experience from the outset and throughout with G.J. Gardner Homes Bendigo. We're glad that your new home is perfect fo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Sunshine Coast North Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Best Service and Finished Product in Three Builds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

From our first meeting with the sales consultant to the hand-over everything went very smoothly. We have built previously; however, this was by far the most professional and least stressful. The house was finished over 2 weeks ahead of schedule, and to the agreed price. We are very satisfied with the quality of the workmanship. The few, minor issues that arose were dealt with immediately by the building supervisor. We have been in the house for over 2 months and only one or two minor issues have arisen and they were dealt with quickly by the builder. We highly recommend GJ Garner Noosaville to anyone thinking of building in northern Sunshine Coast area.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi David and Julie, thank you so much for your kind words. It means the world to us that you had a positive experience with our team and it was an absolute honour to build your new G.J. Gardner Hom... read more »

port macquarie

• 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Port Macquarie Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Our Dream Retirement Home!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

My wife Dianne and I knew that in order to achieve our new home building objective - to build a quality home in the Camden Haven area - we would need a trusted, quality home builder in the Port Macquarie region.
After careful consideration we chose and engaged leading home builder “GJ Gardner Homes” in Port Macquarie to construct our new home.
In the early stages of our home planning we found all the GJ Gardner consultants to be very knowledgeable, supportive and professional at all times, particularly when dealing with local planning authorities.
During the construction stage the skilled tradesmen were always polite and open to our enquiries, whilst on the job building progress was closely monitored daily by the Site Building Manager.
During the building time we found the entire team at GJ Gardner Homes, comprising consultants, tradesmen, site manager and management, were at all times very professional and supportive of Dianne and I.
Building completion was achieved in a most timely manner and after completion minor corrections were addressed without delay.
The GJ Gardner Port Macquarie team, capably led by director Trevor Burns, have produced a first class home for Dianne and I to live in and we are very proud of our beautiful new home.
Furthermore, Dianne and I are very pleased with our decision to select 1st class home builder GJ Gardner Homes to have built our home, which is paramount to our lifestyle.
To others who are considering building their own new home in the Port Macquarie/Camden Haven area, we strongly recommend this quality home builder, GJ Gardner Homes, for their consideration.
From very happy new home owners,

Peter & Dianne

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Wow thank you for the 5-star review! We're so glad we were able to build your dream home. Trevor and his team are amazing and professional at what they do. Thank you for choosing G.J. Gardner Homes. Enjoy your new home!

Thank you for your response ; every word of our review is correct and we knew we didn't have to do it. Trevor and all the team were excellent to us and built a great home, without any fuss at any... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Jimboomba Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Solid company, good experience.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

First time home owners, which was a nice experience. Initial planning was clear (with assistance), and each staff member we encountered was receptive. Photos were regularly uploaded after the site manager was changed, which greatly helped us see the 'live' progress of the build. The quality of the build is great, our inspection officer even complimented the work he noticed. One issue we have noticed after building is the lack of the retaining wall. We were initially told that this would not be required due to the slope of the property. However, after heavy rain, we noticed that over time, this could definitely become an issue if it wasn't addressed. This was not accounted for in the budgeting, so additional landscaping money has to be spent. The cost of the build itself was what we expected, even with modifications, we were easily in our budget range.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Dylan, thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate having such positive feedback. We really hope you enjoy your first ever home and we are grateful you choose GJ Gardner Homes to be apart ... read more »

Dubbo

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Dubbo Construction End Date: May 2018

The house is everything we expected!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

The initial meetings detailing the build and our variations were conducted in a friendly and professional manner. the workmanship and quality of the build could only be explained in one description, that being that the house was built by the tradespeople as if it was their own house. The changes were managed well, quality was good, any problems were dealt with quickly and efficiently. The office staff were friendly and helpful all the way through and beyond the build. Whilst the final price was greater than our original contracted price, the variations we added were worth it to realise our dream home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad you enjoyed your build process with G.J. Gardner Homes Dubbo! Enjoy your new home!

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Cairns Construction End Date: Nov 2018

First home and WOW! Just WOW!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

As soon as I walked into their Cairns display home in Smithfield I knew I was with the right team. I worked with Erin and John on the specifics of my build and my ideas, their team were nothing but helpful with everything!

Due to my work I was in and out of the Cairns area alot but they took that in their stride and helped me the whole way, being my first home everything was new to me but that were amazingly helpful with explaining everything and even help with all the paperwork.

With the end product I am even more impressed as they had gone above and beyond with the minor details which really makes a house a home, could not recommend them enough and I am so happy with my new home so thank you so much!

South Australia

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Office Location: SA, Naracoorte Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Exactly what we wanted.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

From the beginning of our build GJ Gardner Naracoorte were extremely helpful, they were accommodating to all of our ideas and showed their years of experience providing us with ideas and options we hadn't thought of.
Our house is amazing, the quality is fantastic, which we expected, between the regular site checks by Rod an the very frequent visits made by me. A special mention to their carpenter Tim whose workmanship was exemplary, Donna's electrical also did a fantastic job and were great to work with as were Custom Kit Kitchens.
All issues that arose during the construction where addressed promptly with a resolution easily found. We have been in our house for 2 months now, any issues I have mentioned to GJ have been promptly passed onto the appropriate trades to follow up.

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Dubbo Construction End Date: Jul 2018

What an experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I, Ryan, would firstly like to thank the entire team at GJ Gardner Homes in Dubbo for the excellent experience they provided during the process of designing and building my first home. The overall process began with slow releases of land with council approval not occurring until some six months after the build contract had been signed. At this stage the overall experience seemed to be one of frustration and disappointment but the team at GJ Gardner remained up beat and supportive during this time of waiting ensuring me that the build would be a rewarding and joyful experience.
The initial design selection was easy. For a young male with relatively little to no idea when it comes to interior design, the stylist managed to guide me in the right direction to ensure that the house would look modern and feel homely. The GJ Gardner team were very accommodating and willing to change or add on things to the plan to suit my needs and wants. The end result was amazing and suited my living style.
The build quality is second to none, with no reason for maintenance calls thus far. The build was also within budget and on time.
The payment process was stress-free with GJ Gardner. The office staff showed nothing but patience, understanding and professionalism whilst waiting for the land registration and slight delays from my bank in making the progress payments which I am grateful for.
I would like to give a special mention to the Project Manager, Joe Simpson. Joe was an absolute delight to work with. Joe’s depth of knowledge and experience was remarkable and for someone who has not built a new home before, was very much appreciated and needed. Joe communicated build updates with me every step of the way and was extremely professional. The overall process has resulted in Joe and my relationship to grow past the professional manner into a long term friendship.
Overall, the build was a raging success. I would highly recommend the Dubbo GJ Gardner team to anyone looking to build in the future. I can not speak highly enough of Darren Semmler, Kylie Semmler and their staff.
Kind Regards,
Ryan

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Wow thank you Ryan for your kind words and your recommendation to G.J. Gardner Homes. We're so glad you're loving your new home. We understand building your first home can be a stressful process an... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Orange Construction End Date: Apr 2018

A wonderful experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Building our house with GJ Gardiner, Orange has been a wonderful experience, from the design phase to handover and follow up everyone has been most helpful and supportive. We appreciated in particular that living interestate during the building process, we were being kept up to date about developments through regular emails and photos. We are very pleased with the completed house, the quality of the built and the attention to detail. We thoroughly recommend building with GJ Gardiner, Orange.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad you had an enjoyable build experience. Thank you for choosing to build with G.J. Gardner Homes. Enjoy your new home!

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Dubbo Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Amazing service, experience, quality result and value. Best team ever - GJ Gardner Dubbo!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

From the very start I could tell that the GJ Gardner Dubbo team were lovely people, they are trustworthy, honest, friendly, reliable, with a great level of knowledge and experience. We checked out a number of other builders in the area and felt that GJ Gardner were offering the highest of quality product/build.

We had built before with a DIFFERENT building company and the experience had been horrible to say the least. So we were very hesitant to trust another company. However, I just immediately felt a sense of ease and was able to fully trust the knowledge/experience of Darren and his lovely/highly skilled and friendly team.

We were building two investment houses with GJ Gardner Homes on the one corner block. There was a lot to work out with the plans, to optimise the space and work within council regulations. During the process we realised that we wanted to make some adjustments to the actual house plans and they were so accommodating. They worked with us, helping us massively with decisions (Cindy is amazing at design/colours/trends etc), we moved walls around, changed a hallway and some doors to then increase the pantry to a walk-in large style. These changes ultimately made the layout and plan so much better for what we wanted and GJ Gardner did not charge any extra or make us feel like a nuisance for doing this. We then felt so much more confident with the decision, which was so reassuring that we were doing the right thing.

We were living 5+ hours from the build so were unable to check in on the process much. As a result we got regular email updates, friendly phone calls and so many nice photos on the personal website job link. This again reassured us of the great job they were doing. When we saw the finished products, both houses were amazing quality and we were so happy.

They made the entire process so enjoyable and stress free, which is not common. I absolutely, confidently recommend the GJ Gardner Dubbo team as the best, most reliable, friendly, accommodating, value and quality around. If the banks would lend us enough again I would buy another block and just ask them to "copy and paste" that first build. I will likely even try that in the future...Do yourself a favour and check this team out.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you for the 5-star review! Darren and the team at G.J. Gardner run an incredible business and are passionate about building beautiful homes and delivering an enjoyable experience. We're so pl... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Office Location: SA, Onkaparinga Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Just perfect!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Our dream house is now complete and we can’t thank the Gjgardner team at Old Reynella enough. From the first meeting we new we were in great hands, Jamie and Adrian were so helpful in bringing our vision to a reality nothing was to much trouble. We were very happy with the price and build time for our custom design and this didn’t change throughout the build. Thanks to Shawna in Admin for making all the process run so smooth. We had the best site supervisor Gary who was outstanding what a perfectionist and this now shows in our finished product. I can highly recommend if you are thinking of building having a look at the Gjgardner team you wont be disappointed.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you Greg for your incredibly kind words. We have very much enjoyed working with you also. From everyone here at GJ Gardner Homes, we wish you and your family all the best for the future!!

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Swan Hill Construction End Date: Mar 2018

A great team!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Right from the start, I felt welcomed and comfortable. Emily listened to what I was after and knew there was something for me, and found it. She was even able to let me see the finished product just to make sure it was what I was looking for. Bronwyn was fantastic with the decor side and contracts and answered all my questions and Darren was great, emailing weekly to let me know what was happening as well as site meetings to walk through the house. It has all run so smoothly, can't fault their professionalism. Fantastic!! Thanks guys.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Cheryl, Thanks for taking the time to give us a 5 star review. We're thrilled to hear that G.J. Gardner Homes Swan Hill gave you such a wonderful experience and were able to work with you to cr... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Jimboomba Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Thankyou GJ gardener

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

From beginning to end our experience building our first home with GJ gardener was fantastic.
We first met Andy at the display home after we purchased our block and he helped us create a home perfect for us and managed to keep within our budget.
Probably the most stressful part of our build was the colour selections, being the procrastinator I am and my husband and I liking different things. But we managed to get there in the end.... just.
One thing I think could have been more clear during the selection process was what was classed as "upgrages" as we did unknowingly select a couple of things which we later changed because of our budget.
Then we had to review our electrical plans, which was surprisingly easy. We couldn't believe how many power points we actually had!!
Once we finally signed off on our selections it wasn't long and things began to take shape.
We loved seeing photos pop up on the builderstrend app keeping us up to date with the build.
There were a couple of hiccups but Nathan and the gj team were quick to come up with a solution and get it fixed right away.
Zoe and Debbie in the office have been such a pleasure to deal with. Always responding promtly to my emails and guiding us through each stage of the build.
Honestly would be lost without them!!!
Handover day was so exciting!! Seeing the big red bow on our front door and unlocking it for the first time to see everything looking so beautiful inside.
The personalised front door matt and hamper was such a loveley touch.
From the bricks, the roof, the paint to the tiles, carpets and everything just perfect. Nothing we can fault
We have been in our home for a couple of weeks now and loving it more everyday.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Michelle, thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! It was an absolute pleasure helping you build your new home and we hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Best of luck in the future and thank you for choosing GJ Gardner Homes.

Adelaide

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Office Location: SA, Riverland Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Wonderful new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

Our new home built by GJ Gardner homes Riverland is perfect.
The build process was smooth and easy for us from start to finish.
Our house was not a standard build and the builders made extra suggestions and improvements along the way to make our house perfect.
I can't thank them enough and would highly recommend the team at GJ Gardner Homes Riverland to everyone.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Bree we are so glad that you are so happy with your new home! Thank you so much for your lovely review! Regards Sue G.J. Gardner Homes SA

Lovely experience with the GJ Springfield/Ripley team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Our build was pretty quick and easy - once we got all our finance sorted (which took a few months but not the fault of the builder of course!), the slab went down asap, and from there, the house just kept going up. We were delighted to have had a 14 week build, with excellent quality finished product. Whilst there were a few minor defects and teething problems, the site manager, Daniel, bent over backwards to sort them out. We are now settled in our new home and loving it. Price was reasonable for the quality of fixtures we have - whilst we don't have anything outlandishly fancy, we have a few nice upgrades like caeserstone, air con and specific tile lays, and the pricing wasnt over the top for these extras. There weren't any hidden extras (a couple of upgrades for internet, but we made the decision to have a hub and extra data points installed) - Adam (sales) quoted us accurately and didn't put any hard sell on us to upgrade unnecessarily. He made useful suggestions given the climate of the area (eg, insulation on certain walls based on direction), but didn't push us into decisions we didn't want. A few fixtures were unavailable, and we ended up with better products at no extra cost.

All up, very pleased with the ethics and quality of this company. Thanks for making our first home build such a great experience!

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback! It was an absolute honour building your new home and we hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Best of luck in the future and thank you for choosing GJ Gardner Homes.

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Albury Construction End Date: Sep 2018

So happy with our dream home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

From the early design stages until handover G J Gardiner Homes, Albury have looked after us all the way. Our dream home was finished on time as per the contract by skilled local tradesman to the highest quality. We would absolutely recommend G J Gardiner Homes to family, friends and other prospective buyers. Thanks again Leigh, Mark, Samantha and team.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you for the 5-star review! It's been an absolute pleasure looking after your build and we sincerely hope you enjoy many years of wonderful memories in your new G.J. Gardner Home :)

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Jimboomba Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Absolutely awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

G.J. Gardner Homes Jimboomba were wonderful. Our sales associate Andy Randhawa, building consultant Zoe Fullerton and build supervisor Nathan Stewart were knowledgeable, understanding, approachable and genuine. They were more than happy to answer any questions my partner and I had.
We decided to build the Fernbank 216 with an Urban Facade which is beautiful, we are so happy with it. Any issues we had along the way were handles proactively and professionally. They really worked with us as their customers to make sure that we were moving into a beautiful first home.
Since being under new management G.J. Gardner Jimboomba have lifted their game, we love our new home and would be more than happy to build with them in the future!

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Sora, thank you for the lovely feedback. We really appreciate everything you've said and we are so honoured to have been the people you chose to build your new home! Best of luck in the future and thank you again for choosing GJ Gardner Homes.

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - West (Penrith) Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Our forever home, we love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

We could not compliment the team at GJ Gardner in Penrith any higher.
From start to finish all of the GJ team members involved have been more than helpful.
They were extremely flexible throughout the design stages and great to work with. Every step of the way their communication was excellent and things were done in a very timely fashion.
The end result was our dream home, we are very happy with the quality of workmanship and the professionalism of of all of the tradesman we made contact with.
Our home was built according to the quote with no surprises at the end.
We would highly recommend GJ Gardner Penrith to anyone considering building their new home.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you for the 5-star review! Amazing, clear communication and quality workmanship - these are qualities we pride ourselves on at G.J. Gardner Homes. We're so glad you had a wonderful building e... read more »

1 of 37 pages