Filter By:

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - North (Brookvale) Construction End Date: Jul 2015

A beautiful home we can be proud of

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

We get so many compliments about our home. People stop us out the front to tell us how much they love it.

Steve and Tyler in the office had a lot of patience with us as we changed our design a million times and Mark and his team of trades jumped through all the council hurdles to turn our tired patch of sandy dirt into a stunning home. The after care we have received from Warren has been great and we were especially impressed with the painters who did a flawless job!

I don't think I'll ever want to build another home....because this one is forever!

Thanks GJ Brookvale!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - West (Penrith) Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Excellent Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Built and managed very well. The quality was great but some minor tweaks needed but each one was attended to accordingly. Each time I needed to contact the builders, they were always available and there to help! The service provided was exceptional and response was quick. Would definitely recommend them. Worked out from start to finish and the handover was seamless.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Lucas, thanks so much for the 5-star review. G.J. Gardner Homes Sydney West is passionate about building quality homes and delivering an amazing experience for each one of their clients. We're so p... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Gympie Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Excellento

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

I like to thank the team at GJ Gardner Gympie for their Expertise, Experience & Efficiency.
I have loved and enjoyed my experience.
A special thanks to Jessica, Denise, Damien and Kloe.
They have over excelled themselves in each and everyone's endeavors on achieving a great outcome.
Big hugs from me and give yourselves a well deserved pat on the back
Not 5 stars but 10 well done
Cheers and fully over the moon customer.
Regards
Todd Charles Juchau

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Warragul Construction End Date: Dec 2017

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Thank you to G.J. Gardner for making our dreams a reality. Josh, Tess, Tia, Ash and the whole team have gone above and beyond our expectations and have made the process so enjoyable. Their hard work , dedication and overall beautiful personalities have blown our minds and we can not recommend them highly enough. They included us in the whole process and made us feel at ease with our decisions and helped us when we werent sure. They spoilt Finn and made him just as apart of it as we were and for that we can not thank them enough.
Congratulations GJ Gardner Warragul for building beautiful homes for local families, using local trades.
The atmosphere that you have built around your business in such a short time is truely a credit to you.

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sapphire Coast Construction End Date: Dec 2017

An Incredible Journey

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

John & Rose Smith put their heart and soul into this business. They have built an incredible team of staff and tradies who did everything possible to make the build a positive and enjoyable experience. The quality of all the work, the timeliness, experienced and professional advice, attention to even the smallest detail, the friendliness and interest of all their staff and their generosity has been the best I've experienced over many years of building and renovating homes. From the initial design brief and site assessment to the selection of materials, fittings, colour scheme, joinery detail, dealing with all the administrative hassles I felt I was a valued customer and could trust their judgment. I wish them a great future in the industry and hope they have as many happy customers as I am.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Andrew, thank you so much for your amazing review. John and Rose run an incredible business and are passionate about building quality homes and delivering an enjoyable experience. We're so pleased... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Hunter Valley Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Blown Away

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

We are currently building our house with GJ Gardner Singleton, I am very impressed and as the heading suggests blown away! First and foremost their professionalism combined with genuine support on a very friendly basis, shout out to Beth! How organised the GJ Gardner team have been through-out the build as well as keeping in contact every step of the way, while pulling out all the stops to have our rural house built in under three months just in time for Christmas! Highly Recommend Singleton GJ Gardner.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thanks so much for the review! We're so glad that you're enjoying the building process. We believe building your new home should be something that is enjoyed, not endured. Merry Christmas and enjoy your new home!

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Shoalhaven Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Bayswood property

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

I love the house that GJ built for me. They were supportive of changing around the design for me because I wasn't a huge fan of the base model. There are some small issues with the finish that I have noticed now that I have lived in it for some time but none of it is significant and most of my friends who have built with other companies have the same issues.

Ryan was a fantastic site manager and throughout each stage he was all over getting everything done. During the walk through, he was upfront about the issues that occurred and he was already in the process of getting everything fixed. If I was to ever build again, I would be more than happy to have him manage the build.
In fact, I found everyone was easy to deal with which makes the building process more pleasurable.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Bec, thanks so much for the review. The team at G.J. Gardner Homes Shoalhaven are very friendly and professional team. Thanks for building with G.J. Gardner Homes, was there anything we could have done to make your experience a 5-star experience?

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - West (Penrith) Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Girraween property

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I build my Girraween property with G.J.Gardner Sydney West.
I have good experience with the building house from G.J.Gardner Sydney West.
Building Estimator team is excellent, provided prompt quotation with various options and provided technical support for approval of the Building plan from council. Reviewed the building’s file in details and strengthen the foundation and structure of the house.
The Builder owners are taking personnel interest, finished house slab in record two weeks’ time and provided excellent financial receipts and customer support.
The Building supervisor and Building Manager provides timely advice and provided excellent house handover procedures.
I recommend to build house with G.J.Gardner Sydney West.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

We really appreciate your review. The team at G.J. Gardner Homes Sydney West take a huge amount of pride in the quality of homes they build and the experience they provide their customers. Thanks f... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - North (Brookvale) Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Our home feels like a resort

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

It was great to work with GJ Gardner North. They turned our ideas into the custom house we always wanted. We found both Grant and Tyler very professional and personable. All staff were friendly and helpful and were always available to answer our questions and guide us through the build process. The build quality was of a high standard with great attention to detail. We were especially impressed with the paint finishes, oak flooring, and tiling in the bathrooms. The project was completed on time. We would be happy to recommend GJ Gardner. We love our new house!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Mitch, thank you so much for your lovely review. Horst, Mel, and whole GJ Gardner Sydney North team are a very talented and professional team. We're so glad you enjoyed the build process and thanks so much for building with GJ Gardner Homes.

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - West (Penrith) Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Love our new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Our new home is beautiful. So spacious and modern.
Floating floorboards are just gorgeous, high ceilings, open planned living and loads of storage!
Love the tiling work in the bathrooms and the outdoor alfresco area. Kitchen, laundry and butlers pantry is fantastic. Loads of cupboards and drawers.
Great service from GJ Gardner office staff and Supervisors on site. Neighbours commented on how well the home was built and how well the tradespeople worked.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thanks so much for your review Maria. We're so happy you had a great experience. Our quality and service are very important to us at G.J. Gardner Homes. Enjoy your new home, and thanks for building with G.J. Gardner Homes.

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Office Location: SA, Naracoorte Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Fantastic, very friendly and easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

It was our First time building we found them very helpful and very easy. Talked us through everystage. I was pregnant so pushed build so we could be in there on time before baby was due. Always in contact with my self and husband. They were just fantastic and made out building experience a pleasurable one. We would highly recommend G.J Gardeners to any new builders.

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - North (Brookvale) Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Would Use Again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

My wife and I chose to use GJ Gardner after talking to many different builders for a number of reasons. A friend of ours who is a very reputable builder used them and found them to be brilliant and we have been very happy with the entire process. They are not the cheapest builder however nor do I think they want to be. Their workmanship is outstanding and their attention to detail the best. They are not pushy and have a great understanding of the importance of good communication as the build progresses. They were on time with the completion and as with any new dwelling one can expect a few minor defects and they have been excellent in attending these with urgency and not once asking any questions. I especially liked the fact that the various tradies who did the work were mostly local. Hardly a day goes by without my wife and I saying to each other "god I love this home!" Thank you GJ GARDNER.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thanks so much for your review Jonathon. The team at G.J. Gardner Homes Sydney North take a huge amount of pride in the quality of homes they build and the experience they provide their customers. ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Bendigo Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Quality and Friendly Builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I cannot speak highly enough of Gj Gardner Bendigo. We had Ros as our sales assistant, she made us feel so welcome and attended to our every need and request, she went above and beyind to accommodate our every need. Our site supervisor Scott was fabulous, he kept us in the loop the whole way through and allowed us to make changes easily throughout the build.

Our house was beautifully built and all trades have done an exceptional job. Would highly recommend GJ Gardner to everyone who wants a quality built home and the process of building it a breeze.

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Brisbane North & Bayside Construction End Date: May 2017

Terrible Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

Our experience with GJ Gardner Brisbane North has been anything but smooth. We’re not normally ones to complain, but we feel that it’s important to share our experience with other potential clients so that they know what they’re in for if they choose to build with GJ Gardner North Brisbane. We commenced our build process in late 2015 and have only just had everything finalised now (Nov 2017) after our 1 year check took place in May 2017.
It is important to add that we are thoroughly satisfied with the quality of the build with only minor issues surfacing over the 18 months we have now been in the house. Though despite this, we would not build with GJ Gardner Brisbane North again nor recommended them to friends and family due to the frustration we endured and complete lack of communication and poor customer service that we experienced.

It is probably best to share some examples of what we experienced to paint the picture a little clearer –
• Our new home consultant was only with the business until we commenced the build. This rendered any discussion we had held pointless as there was no documentation of discussion outside of our emails to him, and the Site Supervisor who took over seemed to contradict everything that [name removed] had told us would be ok.
• Our Site Supervisor was clearly not up to the task of supervising our site. We made several remarks about this to GJ Gardner Brisbane North (through a number of different channels), but no action was ever taken or more details requested on what our concerns were.
• We had a retaining wall completed on the property prior to the build starting. We were told to let GJ know when the retaining had been completed, so we did. GJ then organised temporary fencing as per the contract. This process took 2 weeks, with follow up. The site supervisor then went on holidays for 2 weeks after this, meaning that the fence had been up for a month before GJ commenced the build. We were subsequently billed for the cost of this through a variation to contract. When we challenged GJ, we went right through to the Managing Director of GJ Gardner Brisbane North who eventually agreed to go halves with us for the cost.
• Our completed retaining wall had substantial damage sustained during the house build to the post at the front of the property. Our Site Supervisor claimed to know nothing about this. When pushed back to the Construction Manager on our own accord with no support from [name removed] – there was an investigation. It came out that one of the tradesman had backed their car into the wall and damaged it. Soon after I received an email from the Construction Manager, the site supervisor phoned me to triumphantly claim that he had found the person responsible and GJ Gardner would be chasing them for the damages and to forward him the invoice for the damage and he would sort it out. Fast forward 9 months and I received a call from the retaining company asking why our invoice to repair the damage to the retaining wall had not been paid. Apparently the response from GJ to the retaining company was that they deemed the cost to be too much for the work that was completed, so would follow us up to talk to the retaining company. Again, disappointing communication all round. Eventually, with the Managing Director involved, GJ agreed to pay a portion of the cost for repair.
• Our Site Supervisor twice forgot site appointments and failed to meet us on site. He blamed his heavy workload.
• The staff at GJ Gardner Brisbane North seem to be in a constant state of change. This makes it very hard to have any continuity within the building process and we found that a lot of blame was placed on the people that had left so as to say ‘that’s why they don’t work here anymore’ and ‘you were told the incorrect information’. And yet again, with poor record keeping by the GJ team, this made the smooth completion of our build virtually impossible.
• Upon handover, we noticed that the tiles through the living area were stained from red dirt being walked through by tradesman during the build. Our Site Supervisor told us that this was normal and that we couldn’t expect the house to be clean, even a brand new one. This was incredibly disappointing to hear and really dampened the mood on handover of our first house.
• Site supervisor tried to get us to sign for stages and make payment for them before they were actually fully completed. He suggested that they were almost done and the work left was minor and would happen as a matter of course. When challenged on this, he became very snarky and condescending toward us for not signing as this was what everyone else does.
• Our 12 month warranty inspection was completed (after numerous follow ups to make this happen) and the resulting findings took 7 months to complete with consistent, almost weekly follow up to the GJ office. Even when the third party contractor submitted the report, another Site Supervisor from GJ attended the house (after follow up from us as to why nothing had been fixed yet) and tried to tell us that the items on the third party report were not that bad and shouldn’t require fixing. For the record, all were fixed, but again with months of follow up from us throughout the whole process.

Probably the most frustrating aspect of the lack of communication and desire to put the customer first comes down to conversations with GJ Gardner Brisbane North management when dealing with escalated issues. Through these conversations, there appeared to be no wish to place the customer first, to consider our needs, to ensure we were as well informed about the particular issue as possible. The attitude that came across loud and clear was that the management and staff deal with these sort of issues every day and the common response to fix them was to do nothing, ignore and to get on with securing new clients. It seemed once the signature was on the page of the contract the customer service aspect ended.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Si Simon, I'm very sorry to hear of your experience. I'm glad to hear you are thoroughly satisfied with the quality of the home, and at the same time I take your negative feedback on board. I'll be... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - North (Brookvale) Construction End Date: Sep 2013

What an amazing team to work with!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

The day we had our site inspection with Steve from GJ Gardener, I saw a rainbow over the house and I said to Steve…”this is a sign, Steve…a sign that we will one day have an amazing home right here!”

Rainbows are a sign off hope…and hope is exactly what we needed when we set forth on our journey to build our house! We had all the odds against us!  It took 18 months to get Council Approval but Horst and his team at GJ Gardner persisted and gave us hope. They proved that there is no project too difficult for them to handle. To be honest, we spoke with 3 other builders and all of them did not want to work on our home due to the complexities it had with a storm water drain and sewer line on site!

The GJ Gardner team have helped us transform a house that needed to be reinvented into a home we now absolutely love living in. If we had to do it all over again, we would do it with you.

Thank you for giving us HOPE and for helping us transform our dream into reality. We will be forever grateful!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

What an amazing story. We're so happy that Horst, Mel, and the whole G.J. Gardner Homes Sydney North team were about to make your dreams come true. They do build truly beautiful homes. We're all ab... read more »

Newport, QLD

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Office Location: QLD, Brisbane North & Bayside Construction End Date: Nov 2017

First Class Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

My journey started with buying a beautiful lot in Newport QLD. A Stockland development and months after my purchase it is turning out to be everything they promised.
The next step was to choose a builder that l can work with to create my vision for a new home. I looked closely at Metricon Homes, Plantation Homes & G J Gardner Homes all of them had their strengths and over a few weeks l put them through there paces.

I found the sales professional Tony at the North Lakes Display to be exceptional with custom designing my new home. He listened to my priorities with house layout needs and was creative with implanting and designing all of them into my new home plans superbly.
With absolutely no hesitation l would highly recommend to anyone seriously wanting to build their dream home to contact Tony.

I can conclude in saying that building a new home is a lengthy and emotional process filled with ups and downs, but having a team like G J Gardner Homes hold your hand through this journey instilled piece of mind from start to finish.

Well Done G J Gardner Homes Brisbane North & Bayside.

Michelago

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: ACT, ACT Construction End Date: Oct 2017

G.J. Gardener Fyshwick was excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

The team at GJ Gardener Fyshwick surpassed our expectations. David, Sue, Michael and Matt were fantastic to work with and were always available to answer our queries, no matter how small. The team was very friendly and knowledgeable and always kept us in the loop with the build. The build went smoothly and we enjoyed the build process from start to finish. GJ's colour consultant was invaluable in assisting us with colour and design selections. The finish on the house was of high quality. Michael the building manager was great, he would always be happy to discuss any element of the build - very approachable and easy to get along with. We couldn't be happier.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! David and Suzanne at G.J. Gardner Homes ACT are wonderful people who love what they do - building client's dream homes. We're so happy you had a great home... read more »

SYDNEY

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Office Location: NSW, Sydney - North West (Dural) Construction End Date: Dec 2017

GJ Gardner Homes - Dural NSW

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Workmanship of the build is exceptional add to this the fast build time of 8 months and we are very pleased that we made the decision to build with GJ Gardner Homes Dural.

Alex Vandenberg and his team have communicated all the way through the build process and we could not be happier.

We look forward to moving into our new home on 11 December.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

What a wonderful review, thank you so much! Alex and Alfie at G.J. Gardner Homes Sydney North West build some very beautiful homes. They take a lot of pride in their work homes and the experience t... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Point Cook Construction End Date: Jul 2017

The builder we can trust!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

We have been in the house for 4 months and what can i say the quality and workmanship of the house is exceptional. Some minor issues was fixed during the warranty period.

Gj Gardner Point Cook had delivered a beautiful house for me and my wife. Since the first day start until now we have made a good relationship with them.

The communication was excellent, they always been able to answer my phone and email at any time. Especially during the building process Simon our site supervisor always given me the update almost every week until the handover.
The house was delivered to us on time, which is very important so that we can organise moving date and other stuff on our schedule.

Gj Gardner was very flexible to customised our floor plan, since we made 4-5 changes from the original floor plan, they never found any problem at all, they were willing to help us to find out the solution. And not only that, they also flexible during the building process as we want to change or add something to the house many times.

The colour selection was quite to the point and lots of fun which we never done it before. Couple weeks after the colour selection we gone through the house contract with Anyeta, she explain everything to us, and the most important thing there is no hidden cost on the contract.

During the building process Simon was very helpful to help us with any concern. As this is our first time build, we feel bit nervous, but he always comfront us. If any issues happen he will addressed it and get things fix straight away. If there was a hold up with trades Simon let us know or even when we changed our mind on a couple of things Simon was also very accommodating to change. He always been able to organise his time for our site visit at any time that suitable to us, and arrive earlier than us.

At the handover date, we were thrilled with the house, everything were in place and clean, is brand new house!!

Thank you Gj Gardner Pointcook family for all the experiences and this beautiful house. It was fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hi Will, Thankyou for taking the time to review your building experience with our Point Cook office. It's great to hear that the team guided you through the building process to build you a beautif... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Victoria Office Location: VIC, Wodonga Construction End Date: Aug 2017

house built with precision

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Kate and i would like to use this medium in saying thank you Bruce and team for a lovely home well built. you have proven why you remained the best and a force to recon with within the building industry. your immaculate finishing and final presentation is beyond compare and second to none. Your customer service with an open door communication policy re-enforces assurance. Bruce Stewart, you are the man with the "Midas touch" you made the impossible, possible with your designs. Thank you all Gj Gardner Wodonga for a job well done. Appreciation!!!!!!

Comments
G.J. Gardner Homes Official

Hey Paddy,
That's awesome. We are glad to hear that Bruce and our Wodonga office provided such great service and have delivered you a beautiful home!
Thanks for your review.