Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great product for everyday use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Great product fo reveryday use. Ive had this product for over 2 years and it still works a charm. It does not have a heart rate monitor but could be paired if you buy the strap. The face can be customised and the step counter is useful. The watch also syncs to my android phone notifying me of my messages.

Purchased at: Amazon

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Great watch, crap band!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

My Partner and I both have the Vivoactive watch and they have been great, easy to use and operate however don't expect the band to last long, both ours broke just over a year old outside of warranty and is $20 to $40 to replace the band and can only purchase on Garmin website so beware..

Sydney

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Incredible watch, fantastic battery life and so versatile

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

I bought this watch to track my many activities and it has not missed a beat. Incredible performance, so easy to use and versatile. The notifications I receive my from my phone mean I have to check my phone less at work which is great. The battery life lasts well over a week which is nearly unheard of for a smartwatch. It is rugged and waterproof which is great for watersports and I absolutely love it.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Too many defects

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

I had my Garmin Vivoactive replaced four months after having it. Now the replacement is non-responsive. All of this is less than a year from the original date of purchase. I notified support each time, and they gave me instructions. I did as instructed. The device is no longer being picked up during the Garmin Application’s search for it on my computer. I tried several times. The device did come on the other day, but it would not record data. It only showed time. There was also an hour glass symbol underneath the time. Currently, the device is not responsive. It doesn’t give a charging symbol when charging, and it won’t come on. I am not trying to be a hassle, but I extremely disappointed with Garmin. This is my second Garmin in less than a year of the original purchase. Is there a defect with this watch? I loved the watch’s function when it worked. However it has not worked more than it is has.

Purchased at: Garmin

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Can't live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Love love love this watch. It didn't everything I want and more. It helped me train for various half marathons and full marathons. Battery life is amazing. Can customize the face and buy replacement bands. Love it that much I bought a second one as a spare. It isn't as big as some of the watches that offer the same things which is what I liked about it in the first place.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great GPS, but average watch face

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I bought this watch to track my sports, and for that it is great. Really quick GPS pairing and accurate results. The watch itself though is a bit faint and not a great display to read. The smart features are also very basic, but in saying that it's a couple of years old. I think the latest offerings are much improved over this.

Wollongong

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great watch

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Screen is high quality and good resolution easily legible in bright sunlight, backlight for night time.
Finds gps signal extremely quickly (typically 5 seconds) if you havent moved far from last time. Syncs automatically with smartphone google maps which corrects any elevation errors. Can also recieve SMS alerts which is handy.

Abbotsford, VIC

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

My Favourite Sports Smart Watch

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I love the Garmin Vivoactive! The large square-shape display is more practical and more usable compared to the newer Vivoactive HR and the lastest Vivoactive 3. Battery life is surprisingly good for this model, lasted almost a full day of GPS tracking with a single charge. The watch is loaded with a handful of sports tracking apps, although lack a built-in HR monitor. Anyway, I prefer a chest-strap HR monitor for consistency. The great advantage of having this watch is its capability to connect with other Garmin products such as HR monitor, bicycle computer, and my VIRB action camera! Coolest watch ever!

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi Online

Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Great product - just needs some more substance and depth to it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Good watch! It has a good battery life, it is easy to read and use. It connects to the phone easily and produces good data. The only downside is the watchband, its very plastic-y, gives me a rash, and the plastic breaks down so you need to replace it every 12 months.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Perfect smart watch for me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I have purchased this watch to be able to track my fitness progress and dont miss out on calls and texts at the same time. I could not fault this watch as everything I wanted is already here. I dont need to charge it every night like expensive brands do. Its also completely waterproof which is always a bonus!

Perth

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

great watch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

great watch. very easy to use and also very comfortable to wear. Barely notice wearing it. Provides very helpful information about steps, calories, distance etc. The touch screen makes the watch very easy to use. The ability to download apps to it is awesome and the fully customisable watch face is a very cool feature.

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Affordable wearable device for students

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

This smart watch is durable compared to apple watch as the screen of apple watch is extremely vulnerable. This watch can record my daily calories, steps, intensity minutes and so on, which is quite convenient for me to track my records of sports. Additionally, it is affordable but still multi-functional for students compared to other models.

Purchased at: Amazon

Wonderful watch

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Its a wonderful watch. Keeps you motivated to remain fit. I gifted it to my husband and he loves it. Using it till now and hopefully will use it for next another couple of years. I will recommend everyone to use it to keep motivated to remain fit and keep connected to your android phone as well.

Rooty Hil

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Simple and elegant

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

Its a very good wrist band with the farure of time bluetooth steps and many more though its very easy and simple to use. I bought one for my brother he is very much healrh conscious but he simply love it so i recommend this product to the basic users.

Purchased at: eBay

Brisbane, QLD

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Great little watch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I love this watch, though it has no heart rate monitor. It's perfect for me. It's great at work, it has an alarm (buzz only), since where I work it's loud, and I know my shift is over. It still takes me time to set it up different clocks to alarms, even though I've had this for over a year. Great device, great GPS tracking.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Fantastic sports smart watch - has many advanced sporting features and modes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I try and exercise a few times a week and enjoy running, cycling and golf. I have owned polar HRMs in the past for monitoring my exercise and tracking my heart rate.

This Garmin was a massive improvement on my old polar models. It also offers features for golf which I have used and it works well.

I also own an Apple Watch and while I prefer the style of the Apple Watch, it's sporting features have nothing on this beast.

Sure with this model you need the HRM strap (it's not a wrist based heart rate monitor), but these are more accurate anyway.

I love how you can customise the workout screens to have every single statistic you like to track. And the screen is lit for your entire workout - unlike the Apple Watch that shuts off to save battery.

I get 6-9 days use out of one charge - compared with the daily overnight charge I need to give my Apple Watch.

But it's up to you - if you are more keen on sports features then you have to get this watch it's impressive. If you prefer smart watch advanced features like text replies, phone calls, rich apps, calendar events, push notifications and have an iPhone, then maybe Apple Watch is more for you.

Also look into the updated model - it's the Vivoactive HR with an integrated wrist heart rate monitor and a new look.

Or get both ;)

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Brisbane

Date Purchased: May 2015

Love it. Helped me loose 5kg

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

Received this as a gift for Mother's Day. As I took up jogging. It inspired me to keep running and keep myself fit and healthy. My band just snapped after 2 years and I ordered one easily online, which should arrive next week. The sms and email alert function is great and insures I never miss a call, sums or email. Can't wait to get my new band so I can wear it again. Also the vibrating alarm is useful for not waking others.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

• 13 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

A square watch for a square guy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

It looks fairly geeky for a sports watch but it has so many options and being able to change the watch face from the large collection it would the envy of anyone seeing it. I bought it for the vibrating alarm so I can wake up early without disturbing my partner's sleep, and for the steps tracker. But it has apps to control your music, tell you the sunrise/sunset times, keep tennis scores, and many others. It has value for the price.

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

Had my Vivoactive for 12 months and found it to be excellent. A few bugs in earlier firmware but very stable for sometime. Accurate steps, quick finding GPS and ability to customise watch face is nice. Battery life isn't the 3 weeks they claim but 2 weeks is possible (if no GPS used)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Good product but armband is of poor quality

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

I have been using the watch for over a year on a daily basis for running and cycling. The watch does a great job but the plastic armband broke due to wear and tear just after the 12 month warranty run out which was annoying. I expected an activity watch designed for every day use to last longer than that. Also a call to support didn't help which i got referred to order a new wristband for$30. Overall good product but the wristbands are a letdown due to poor quality.

Purchased at: Dick Smith