delayed shipping.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Purchased a small item on the 3rd day of the month , was sent an email on the 17th of the same month advising me that item had been sent earlier that day. I do a lot of online shopping and have never experienced anything as bad as this site. Item was cheap but had reasonable reviews so it wouldn't come as a surprise if item is total crap after what I have experienced so far.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Extremely slow support, Stocked item not shipped and has become out of stock

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Extremely dissatisfied with GearBest.

My first experience and last one was that I purchased a stocked item which promised 3-8 days dispatch. Paid for shipping guarantee etc and waited for 8 days. Since I didn't hear from Gearbest I decided to view the website and noticed the product out of stock (now showing up as PRESALE)

Attempted to contact GearBest Support which took forever as their response is extremely slow and unemphatic. They asked me to wait for a couple of weeks. I simply asked them what guarantee can they give me that I will get it in a couple of weeks since they were not able to supply a stocked order in the first place. They didn't reply.

I requested a full refund as I noticed the price of the product dropped on their site as well as other sites and the item was in stock elsewhere. They offered to buy another product or wait. That's crazy, why would I buy something else if I pay about $700+ for this item as I needed it.

Requested them to cancel the order and refund and was advised they would do so, but not to my surprise, once again with the pathetic support, the order wasn't cancelled.

I then raised a dispute through PayPal and still waiting for order cancellation and refund

I wouldn't recommend shopping with GearBest unless you have time or you want to spend time running around getting your order to you

Comments

Site listing's are questionable. Shows in stock on mobile app but preorder on website. Try at your risk. Sure to disappoint and since they're not local, you risk disputes as they are untouchable be... read more »

Gearworst. The dodgiest site on the net!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

Ordered a phone marked "In stock", four MONTHS not weeks, delay before it got sent. Absolutely zero customer support, they ghost you if you query them and DO NOT REFUND! The suspiciously low prices are indeed too good to be true. Don't give these charlatans any money. Pay the extra $.50 and get it from anywhere else.

Nb, the cut price piece of crap phone is a disappointment too. No after sales support on that either, maybe it expires three months after the sale even if the item takes five months to arrive??

They also don't post any review on their sham website that's not five stars and appear to post phoney reviews of themselves on sites like this. So don't pay any attention to any review that's more than two star.

Lastly, don't think PayPal will help when your gear best transaction goes to 5h1t. No help from them with these scammers so if you buy from them, no matter what the payment method, you're on your own!

Adelaide

Ordered in Nov, its now January, still not dispatched

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Ordered 2 tablets in November as xmas gifts, its now January and still not dispatched and support claims it will be another 2 weeks. Same product is advertised available for express shipping on website. Only offer an exchange for something else.

Terrible and untrustworthy company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Terrible and untrustworthy company, my order was delayed for 2 months until I finally cancelled it. The reps constantly lie about shipping date (each time it's 1-2 weeks). Their website might say the product is in stock and ready to dispatch and do not be fooled.

Do not buy from them, pay a little extra and take your business somewhere trustworthy you will be happy at the end.

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Terrible service!! I had the misfortune of dealing with this company. They had a bargain sale on guitar pedals that were too good to be true. Sigh it was!! After 2 months of chasing the pedals in fact weren't in stock and were never going to be. They offered me store money. After a week of back and forth they finally agreed to release my money (after threats to speak to the ACCC).
So not only did they sell items they didn't have or was going to have in stock they weren't going to refund me.
Not the best experience at all. Can't recommend avoiding them enough!

Private message

Bought a boat, DOA. most unreasonable company I've ever dealt with.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

boat was broken, gave them proof. offered me $10 voucher or refund for a $150 boat that won't work. Trying to get a refund through them is impossible. going through paypal now. postage back is over $80. I'm assuming they send this DOA on purpose as it costs you a fortune to try to post back to them so I will lose over half my money on an item which they probably knew was faulty to begin with.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Finally got a refund but not after they tried to only refund me the amount of the boat only. I had a go at them and they didn’t reply and refund my full amount. I’m still out of pocket for my shipp... read more »

Perth

• 10 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 46 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Dead on arrival and 30% refunded despite hours of work.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2018

Slick advertising, great reviews, wide range of goods and reasonable prices, so why not?
The package arrived as promised. I opened it and it didnt work. I bought a remote control car for my grandson.It looked a bit cheap and then found it would not run.
Hours of work writing, creating videos, getting a quote from Australia Post and then on request, three alternatives, they wrote back saying...

"As the shipping cost is relatively high.... we can refund AUD30 AS A GESTURE OF GOODWILL.

They would not budge and I am sharing my experience. Transport costs to HongKong ( the origin) are very high so if you buy from GEARBEST YOU RUN THE RISK OF THEM RENEGING AND OFFERING A PARTIAL REFUND.

Verified Customer

Avoid!! Purchased 3 items and not happy with any...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2018

Purchased phone which keeps locking up and screen turns black during calls so cant even end call... the hardened glass screen protector doesn't fit phone 4mm to big and they wont replace ( they don't want to send the wrong one again???) and the wallet case is a stick on using double sided tape, not shown in product description, and won't stay closed

• 2 answers

Verified Customer

Quick delivery. Great value phone.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

I was nervous using this company for the first time to buy a Xiaomi, Redmi Note 6 Pro. Great price, great phone and really fast delivery from Hong Kong to Perth. I had a question about the postage cost and Gearbest were very professional in the responses. I would definitely use this company again.

Rip offs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

I placed an order with GearBest but only received half of the items. The freight was a BIG rip off...was charged $90 for a package that weights 0.236kgs. I have opened a complaint with paypal so am now awaiting GearBest to resolve it.

Ordered 3 got 1

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

So I ordered 3 pairs of shoes last week in November, as presents for Christmas. The site showed they were in stock, and 14 days delivery time. Ok, sounded fine. 3 weeks later I receive ONE pair of shoes. I write asking when the rest will arrive, they say they cant tell me because they havent sent them yet. Well of course that makes sense doesnt it? Like that's supposed to be a reasonable and acceptable answer? I did at least change the currency before ordering, so didnt get caught out that way. And the one pair of shoes that I actually received were the ones most desired, and they are as expected, so no complaint on the product. Would be nice to receive the service you pay for as well as everything you order. I wont be back.

Canberra

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

AVOID! Paid additional for guaranteed delivery - after follow up advised by Gearbest shipping to Aus

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

We purchased an item on 28/11/2018 and paid additional for guaranteed delivery. Gearbest marked the item as posted on 30/11/2018 (the tracking status is still pending).. After waiting two weeks we contacted Gearbest and were advised that the ‘guaranteed delivery’ option will slow down the delivery time from anywhere up to 70 days from China to Australia. This is NOT acceptable, terrible service. Paypal case opened.

Faulty goods

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

So it amazes me that they have online chat for sales but not for faulty goods
I bought 2 Smart Watches in the Black Friday sales
I received them no problem. Except that firstly the 2 boxes had clearly been opened as one seal was broken the other was clearly missing.
Then when I looked at one of the watches. please remember they are black. The watch had four outer screws to hold the front bevel on. But on one watch it clearly has a silver screw and the rest are all black
So when I raise a ticket they offer me 3 Dollars as a refund and to keep the watch. Which is an insult. The. They said return it at my cost for shipping. This is after they clearly saw the issue in a picture.i told them these are Christmas presents and this is not acceptable.
But they just do not care and will not own up to the issue.
They make me feel this is my problem and I should own it. The return cost is a joke. I suppose a lot of people would just right it off as a bad experience and that is what these scam artists want.
On the whole do not use this company if you value your money

Sydney

• 8 helpful votes

Check the Currency and Poor Support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

The AU site shows a price which you assume is in AUD$ but when you check your credit card the price may have been charged in USD$. I ordered a phone on 18 Nov and when I check the tracking it showed that it had not been sent. There was nothing to say that the phone was out of stock. The support service is poor and goes silence when you ask questions about cancelling the order or why it was charged in the wrong currency.
Think twice about the true price you are paying and don't be lured by a price that seems a lot cheaper. Always buy with a credit card that offers buyer protection.

Verified Customer

BEWARE: picture isn't what you get

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

The picture shows a crane you assemble with 4 servos to articulate it via a computer. GearWorst only sends the crane--and not the servos unless you pay extra (on top of the advertised price), this you realise only after you open the package.

Preston

Verified Customer

Item out of stock without telling customers, changed the restock date further everytime I ask

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

I placed an order (a Chinese brand smartphone) from them and after waiting for nearly a week, I contacted them and was told my order is out of stock and that I need to wait for another week before it can be shipped out.

I will wait to see if my product is in new condition ( i did purchase insurance for my shipping), will let you guys know asap

Ordered phone

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

I was looking for a phone and I found out Gearbest has the best price among other websites! I ordered my phone from there, everything was alright, I chose express shipping and I received my parcel in the 4th day! But unfortunately when I opened the DHL package, I found that the phone box is opened before and it is damaged, it means that the phone is not new. I opened a ticket for my problem and I hope they can solve my problem. I'll update my review when I get a response from them.

Seriously SCARED!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

Ordered new smartphone from this outfit!, so far so good, it was apparently shipped next day, didn't think anything of it until i happened upon this site, now im seriously scared ive dealt with the wrong mob!!! there seems to be a huge majority of negative reviews here! despite the heading saying excellent reviews 1040 to bad 265, so far there seems to be at least 90% bad!! so now is awaiting game, maybe it will all be good, i sure hope so! seems more likely it wont? How say you Gearbest? i hope i dont have to be giving you a bad write up a few months down the track? I hope ill be increasing those 3stars to 5 and not reducing them to 1!

• 4 helpful votes

Buyer beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

What you see may not be what you get and complaint resolution pathetic. Finished up raising a dispute with PayPal and got a total refund. Will never buy from them again. Total shonks.

1 of 72 pages