Great service from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

That the booking was friendly patient, simple and clear. Dwayne arrived spot on time, and although he could not fix my issue, he gave clear advice and instead serviced my laptop and installed dvd player.

Great job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Very efficient and delivered all that was promised. I would be happy to recommend Geeks2U to my friends and relatives. Dennis arrived bang on time and got straight to work. He was happy to answer questions and happy to give advice. I'm now happy that my computer is working as it should.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks ever so much Nick, so glad we could help!

Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Fast and Efficient Service. Robin arrived on time, was knowledgeable, and communicative. He is also a local, which as we do not live in a Capital City, is also very re-assuring. Booking and follow-up was excellent. Very highly recommended

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks for the great feedback Ian, always fantastic to hear!

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Un-Qualified!! Please please go elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

P.C
I rang this company (Geeks2u) and was quoted $$$ and promised that the technician would come to my address and within an hour fix thing, or not charge me if he couldn't repair the problem (Black Screen)
RUBBISH!
I had the so called "Technician" (a young guy in his 20’s) call out to my place a couple of weeks ago and he sat in front of my computer screen on his mobile phone the whole time???, didn’t even try to open my computer or fix my computer problems…
He then said that he would need to take my computer home because it would take several hours to repair…. In hindsight like an Idiot I agreed.
Then several days later he (Technician) returned and only PARTIALLY re-installed my computer…., leaving wires everywhere (I have photos) even more disturbing several wires were still disconnected, then as he left through my front door he shouted, "YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD MICROSOFT OFFICE!!", and just kept walking...
After he left I then turned my PC computer on, only to find that my emails were not acceptable because I needed to download MICROSOFT OFFICE SOFTWARE to make my (Outlook) emails work…
I then rang this company (Geeks2U) and spoke with a lady "Manager" (Name withheld) “for legal reasons at this stage” from Sydney (HEAD OFFICE) she emphatically apologised for what had taken place and then promptly promised another more professional Technician, who arrived as promised a couple of days later…
This Technician told me that he had more than 12 years professional experience, so I let him move forward, he spent around one hour on my PC and eventually told me that he would need to take it away (Again) and do whatever was needed, because I felt more comfortable with his professionalism, so I let him take it….
He returned about 2 days later and told me that the previous Geeks2u “Technician” had created so many problems that he could only repair what he could, but told me that he couldn’t retrieve about 3 years of email messages and file and recommended a couple of companies in Brisbane city…
I then called these companies and was quoted between $900 - $2500 to retrieve all lost data caused by the so called professional technician from Geeks2u…
Please be extremely careful, it would appear that this company employs anyone, qualified or not?

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Hello Stephen, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm terribly sorry that this was your experience with Geeks2U. Would you mind please sending your appointment details to customer.servic... read more »

Hi Alexander,
My contact details are 0435793135
I've had and am still experiencing the WORST possible problem that anyone can ever experience, so I'm seeking serious legal action against your companies lack of professionalism

Hi Alexander
Both my solicitor and myself have tried to contact you, but unfortunately without any success, do you have contact phone number..

windows 10 is up and running like it should.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

Nilesh was on time, very patient and understanding. He fixed the problems we were experiencing and also educated us in understanding windows 10 and how it worked,plus downloaded programs which should have come across on transfer, but didn't, Nilesh had them downloaded very quickly and I hardly noticed it happening. This is the kind of person you want to help with computer problems.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Many thanks Brian, glad we could help!

Perfect service...met all my queries in a timely manner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Excellent service by Mitchell...fixed my family computer with all my cherished memories...like new! Very reasonable.price and fast turnaround. New hard drive...windows and antvirus installed.I have already recommended Geeks2U to friends and family.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks ever so much Joanne!

Bang on.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I'm relatively tech savvy, just needed a hand with some data moving and the installation of an SSD on my PC. Adam was ridiculously punctual, super kind and a bloody legend to have a yarn with. I've definitely found my go-to IT guy now!

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks so much Ben, we really appreciate your feedback!

Verified Customer

Very streamlined easy process.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

The IT specialist who visited was right on time, very professional and knew his stuff. And he didn’t make me feel like an idiot.
I couldn’t be more happy with the service Geeks2U provide and will definitely use them again.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks so much for your feedback Diane, we really appreciate it!

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

The entire process was very easy and the rates charged were very fair. Natalie was great to work through the booking process with and my mother (80) was very happy with the service that Justin provided...cant ask for any better than that
We would highly recommend Geeks2U to anyone young or old that required an awesome tech service

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Glad we could assist!

Fantastic service for those of us technically challenged!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

The booking experience was very friendly and an appointment arranged promptly. The serviceman, Paul arrived on time, actually a little early and was very friendly, helpful and fixed our problem to our complete satisfaction.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks so much DandJ, so glad we could help!

Very good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Aaron was punctual, arriving on time, and went out of his way to address our problem. I would recommend this company as everything was very professional from start to finish.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Hello Lynn, thanks for the feedback. Very glad we could be of assistance!

A good find

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Very helpful and technician was practical and a very clear communicator.
we had a number of requests and they were dealt with efficiently and in a timely fashion.
We had a couple of hardware issues but the technician didn’t waste time trying to fix them.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks so much Maird, we really appreciate it!

No followup as promised

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Initial service was good. However technician was to get back to me with prices for replacement shell and battery but there was no further contact. Laptop unusable due to repairs needing made hence remains unusable, and HD not reinstalling my OS.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Hello, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm really sorry to hear this happened. Could I please ask you to send your appointment details to customer.service@geeks2u.com.au so that I can... read more »

Almost replaced it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

Arrival time as promised. Very knowledgeable. down to earth, forth coming with added/extra advice. Was all set to buy new computer thinking mine had finally crapped it. Fix was definitely under an hour. Like new. Thank you David

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks so much Jakey, we really appreciate it!

Excellent service to help us sort out our SLOW pc

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Great service. Quick, professional and pleasant. Technician gave great advice. All our questions answered and fixed without a problem. We were not asked to do anything but report what the problem was.
Fantastic!

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks so much for the lovely feedback Sarah. Delighted we could assist!

know what they are doing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Our Geek, Alfred, knew what was required. Simple explanations given so that we could understand what was happening with the computer, how he was going to solve the issue & guided us through what to do if the same thing happened. Booking the appointment was not an issue, Mariana asked the right questions & everything went through beautifully. Would happily recommend Geeks2U & we would certainly use them again.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks for the feedback Andy. Glad we could assist!

Verified Customer

Strange but it was just as their Advert!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

turned up on time with a message ahead , efficient with clear plain talk . didn't waste time as he left to go to another job whilst data was being transferred then came back . Friendly & courteous Tech.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks so much for the lovely feedback Paul, glad we could help!

Saved us from tearing hair out and having a nervous breakdown!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Our ancient laptop was failing badly. Geeks2U transferred all our data and info to the new one swiftly and professionally. The technician also removed a lot of unused/unwanted stuff. They are lifesavers!

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Many thanks Sting, we really appreciate it!

Reliable and knowledgeable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Having spent two days trying to solve an issue myself, I was recommended Geeks2U by a friend. I was so grateful because within the hour the problem with my computer and printer was fixed. So I would certainly recommend this company.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks ever so much Mcwheel, we really appreciate your feedback!

Good job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

The booking was easy and the operator professional and knowledgeable. The Technician arrived at the scheduled time and did the required job well. He explained to me what he was doing, which I appreciated.

Comments
Geeks2u Official

Thanks Shanthie, we really appreciate it!

1 of 49 pages

Internet modem in our garage & doesnt work properly throughout the house. Only first half of the house is ok. Can u please help?

Zohra asked on Jan 27, 2018

Answer this

I would just give greeks a ring , the girls will be able to let you know , if they can help , hope tis will help ,

We had a similar problem and Geeks solved it.

Hi Zohra,

Thank you for your interest, we can definitely assist with this!

If you would like to discuss this further with one of our customer service specialists, please feel free to call on 1300 433 572.

You may also feel free to send your best contact information via email to customer.service@geeks2u.com.au.

Kind Regards,
Dee @ Geeks2U

Hi, Telstra has been unhelpful with my problem. My laptop via nbn has no network can you help?

Debra Kennedy asked on Dec 05, 2017

Hi Debra,

Thank you for your getting in contact, we can definitely assist with this!

Alternatively, feel free to send your best contact information via email to customer.service@geeks2u.com.au

Kind Regards,

Alex @ Geeks2U

I need help picking and installing a new Canon MAC compatible printer for my OSX 10 . 11 . 6 I also need to learn how to scan for editable text. As you can probably guess I am a senior citizen! Any help?

Jennifer_J asked on Nov 15, 2017

Hello Jennifer

Start with the computer and printer "off" Plug the connecting lead supplied with the printer into any unused port (slot) on the side or back of your computer. Then connect the printer's power lead. Turn on the printer, then the computer in the way you usually do. When it has "booted" the computer will recognize the "new device" and install it automatically. You may get some "prompts" to accept the installation- just agree/accept them.

Depending on the particular printer and your computer system, scanning should be straightforward using the new icon that the printer installation will put onto your desktop, However, it can sometimes be a bit harder because you may need to go through the "control panel" Post another question if that happens

Hello, aussiebushman, Thank you for spending the time answering my question.