• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

We havent used it yet but had it going and it seems great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Cant wait to use it
I have seen other reviews and they are all positive so hopefully mine will be as well
We are taking it with us when we go travelling soon so it will be great to be able to go free camping and have our own power source

Purchased at: Outbax Camping

Perfect Generator

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

The Gentrax 3.5kW does all it is ask to do runs my caravan Aircon, fridge and microwave all at the same time, as fabulous buy.
It was delivered to me on time, and was very well packed, if you are looking for a Generator don't go past this one.
Well done, would buy again.

So Far So Good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

I recently received a Gentrax 3.5kW inverter generator through the post. It arrived on time and apparenly undamaged. It was easy to set up and started as per the instructions. I have only used it twice and on both occasions it operated to my complete satisfaction. Only time will tell whether it was a good buy or not, however, so far so good.

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Its great value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Although it is very heavy but all generators are. It was as described and arrived in a very timely fashion. The instructions were clear. I set it up and it started first time. Going to use it free camping and also to get power to do work from the jetty on our boat. Great purchase

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2018

This is just what we need for the van.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Sent to WA in no time at all. Set up and started first time. - Tried it on the van and runs the aircon perfectly. - Free Camping in summer is going to be a breeze now. - Best value for money on the market.- Should offer the earth stake also with it for a fee.

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Works great perfect for my use.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

It runs the drill and angle grinder with no effort. Boiled the kettle no worries, but just a bit loud when under load if you wanted to go camping. Otherwise seems to be a great unit for the price cant complain. Perfect for what I need at the speedway.
Thanks guys great item!

What a great machine.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I live in rural Queensland. Lots of trees down in storms. Always power outages in summer. Well no more. This generator runs my pumps my lights and tvs. Great service from the team with some delivery questions answered on the spot. Delivered in just a few days. Thanks again guys

Runs A/c well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

Bought for air con, started first pull, happy with price - great product - easy to run, idled well, easy instructions - ran air con - no worries- fast delivery - good communication- nil issues with purchase. Noise level acceptable - attractive colour should be a good asset when going camping

Fantastic product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

We purchased a Gentrax 3.5kw generator recently & was very impressed with product & service we received. It was purchased by us for using as we travel off the grid around Australia. This generator runs much quieter than the previous one we had & also runs so many more of our appliances. Very happy with this product & would definitely encourage others to buy one.

Brightview

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Excellent generator

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

This generator is fantastic. I can now run my water pump if there is a blackout instead of carting water inside.
It started first go and is reasonably quiet.
Delivery was very quick and the instructions were easy to follow. The generator also came with its own tool kit and protective cover.
I am very impressive with the quality.

legana

• 1 review
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Crap generator

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Bought in 2016 used twice put in shed for 18 months tried to start it would t go changed petrol cleaned carby still no go rang them up was out of warranty had to send video of me trying to start it technician said coil must be playing up so I bought new coil which I had to fit still won’t go now in shed in pieces Borrowed second hand Honda for road trip used many times never missed a beat never so never buy a Gentrax

Great value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

The shopping experience was seamless with easy transaction and very quick delivery. The generator was well packaged and came with clear set up instructions. After fueling up, adding oil and priming it came to life after about a dozen pulls. Everything worked out of the box and it powered up devices no problems with reasonable level of noise. I bought for use as a back up power source and seems great value at this early stage.

Fantastic product, great Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

Product as described, price was fantastic and service great. Check on delivery details being specific before getting sent. Courier wanted to leave package at front door. Not advisable for $500 product. We would definitely purchase through eBay seller again and look forward to our next camping trip. Thank you very much.

Travelling Aus

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 34 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

So far so good.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Bought this genny as a backup power supply for my caravan when free camping in the case where the weather turns bad and the solar system can't keep up the pace in cloudy weather. This also depends on my power usage in the van at the time whether to solar system can keep up. So far the genny has started every time without a fuss and had enough grunt to run the air cond in the van if required. Only thing I'm not sure about is fuel consumption as it seems heavier than advised when I bought when supplying a heavy load it. It an also be a bit noisy when supplying a heavy load like the van air cond. In saying that overall I'm happy with my purchase. Was delivered promptly as well.

Purchased at: Outbax Camping

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

great powerfull and quite

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

use this generator for off site camping works great runs my caranan aircondtioner and all lighting microwave kettle and toaster and any other small appliance you throw at it would buy another one if it ever wears out but dont think it ever will starts and runs a dream love this gen

Purchased at: Outback Equipment

Good Service excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

My item arrived quickly and in a timely matter. The product is exactly what I require and as it was advertised. My wife and I can now enjoy the many trips we undertake in our travels when free camping and enjoy all the comforts of our caravan and especially the air conditioner.

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Handy for the boat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I bought this generator in the first place to run as a spare for my 34ft boat.I have had no problems with it and it has no problems running the whole boat when the engines are off.This includes the fridge the lights the tvs and the main 10 amp battery charger.good investment considering my boat gender is about $7000.

Date Purchased: May 2017

very good - glad I got it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Easy to start even after standing for extended periods. Copes with any load I put on it. Instant power supply. Quiet while running & very economical to run. Convenient size, doesn't take up to much room. Whilst it is not light to carry it is not to heavy for me to carry on my own from place to place.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great generator for caravan

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Good generator to run a caravan wit it runs the air conditioner, water heater and lights it is great being 4 stroke so no mixing fuels I use a 30 metre extension lead so the noise is minimal I would recommend this product to any one who would want a generator for their camping purposes.

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Great price for this size generator

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Arrived on time. Started on the second pull. Runs my power tools which is what I want it for when there is no mains power. Would have been better if an earth lead and stake had been included. So far, so good but I won't sell my 2KVa Honda just yet.

1 of 7 pages

Best price including delivery to 3941 or is it cheaper to pick up? Alan.

Radar asked on Nov 19, 2018

Answer this

when I purchased mine delivery was included to 7277

Postage was free to Qld when I purchased this generator. It was a no brainer for me. I had to stay at home to sign for the delivery though.
Perhaps contact the seller and negotiate a better price if you're willing to pick it up yourself. It's really your personal preference.

I’ve got a 3.5kw Gentrax with a remote control. It’s under 2 weeks old and now won’t start. It was working fine, then it wouldn’t start with the remote or the key but would pull start. After a day of using with the pull start, it started but then cut out. I started it again and the same thing happened. Now it just won’t start at all. It has fuel and oil. I’m disabled and living off grid. My son who is my carer has gone away for the next two weeks so he’s unable to help. Without the generator I’m in trouble. Hoping someone has an idea of how I can get it running. Thanks in advance.

Suzi asked on Nov 03, 2018

Spare parts and service availability please?

Terry asked on Nov 03, 2018

Answer this

I contacted the company I purchased from and they sent a part, which I had to buy, that they thought was the problem, my son had a go at replacing it but still did not work, as I live in Tasmania no service centre was suggested

See all 13 questions about Gentrax 3.5kW Camping Inverter