Traralgon

Model: V opal

Can't live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

I got this as a Christmas gift 2 years ago and it's still going strong without any faults. Also love that it turns itself off after a certain amount of time if not used. Highly recommend it

Model: Platinum

Red light Fault - Many reported instanced of the same fault - Manufacturing Issue?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Same red flashing light and no heat problem that is being reported by many others. I purchased the GHD Platinum hair straightener approximately one year a go - it was a Christmas present for my daughter. I had read good reviews about the quality of the GHD product and was willing to pay a little more for a 'premium' device. It appears by the number of reported issues that there may be a manufacturing fault with this product line. I will contact GHD and will follow up here with the response.

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

This GHD was a gift from someone and was given to me less than a year ago (honestly has not been 3 months). The styler keeps have a red blinking light, and will not stay on -was told by GHD it was a circuit breaker error. When they asked to see all the date code, and hologram I sent it to them -which had already worked to register my GHD. I was sent an email back saying that even though it was a genuine GHD styler they couldn't help me as I didn't have the correct receipt. It was a gift not purchased through me, so even though I have a genuine (now broken styler) it cannot be fixed. Literally, have never had this problem with any other styler company even CHI. I thought about just saying forget it, and purchase another one since they sold a half broken styler -I will be going back to another brand.

Model: Platinum

Good hair days await you.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

Finally got a new GHD for my birthday after having my previous GHD for 5+ years. I love it. Straightens my hair even quicker than my previous straightener, heats up quickly, and lets you know when you've forgotten to turn it off (opps). Has never snagged or sizzled my hair and just generally has my hair looking in tip top condition. Very happy with this product.

Model: Jamelia Limited

Loved it and then.... red flashing light??

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

I had this for six months with no issues, and LOVED it!

Suddenly it flashes red every time I use it, and won't heat up. Such a bummer. $200+ and now I can't use it. SOS!

Model: Platinum

Purchased only 2 weeks ago!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

Purchased one of these 2 weeks ago to take with me on holidays & now whilst on holidays this thing decides to start beeping "red" & not heat up. Waiting to get back to the retailer to get a refund as per the new Fair Trading laws- they will need to replace or refund. Funny enough when I purchased it the retailer immediately said don't bring it back here if faulty- send back to the Manufacturer she said... that should have been a warning sign there!!! Boy are they wrong- it's refund or off to Fair Trading I go!
Att: GHD- it's clear here you have a fault with this product- sort it, before it costs you more in the long run!!!!
Signed,
Furious once loyal GHD customer.

Verified Purchase Model: Platinum

Love my GHD - reliability is key. Wait for the sales on the special editions!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

There are many high end straighteners on the market - This is my second GHD, my first lasted over 5 years, including a lot of moving around! I looked around when I needed to purchase a new one, but honestly - it's not worth it, the only other brand I've found with a similar reputation actually costs more!
GHD has beautiful special additions which frequently go on sale, I will keep repurchasing.
The GHD works beautifully, it's easy to use, turns on and heats up in under 30 seconds and my hair never snags :)

DEFINITELY NOT WORTH $380 Ive been ripped off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

Many people have had this problem including myself recently. I bought the platinum vitage pink ghd from a girl on facebook, so it was second hand. But the girl had it for 6 months so should still be covered by the warrantee. Anyways the chick said on the post “nothing wrong with it! Works perfectly! Long story short, she knew it was faulty and sold it to me, she blocked me and now im left with this glitchy ghd that i paid $200 nzd for :( im super upset!

Adelaide

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Model: V gold max

LOVE IT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

I can honestly say I love GHD hair straightners. I will never use any other one. I have 2, the thick plate and the thin plate. The thick plate one straightens my hair working 5mins. And the thin plate on is great for curling hair!
They beat up pretty quick & turns off automatically after an hour of no use.

• 1 answer

Model: IV styler

Curly straightner

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I bouugt one from the Macquarie shopping centre from Mayer on 28th April 2017 for my wife, the product was not really good. It takes time to heat up the straighter and doesn’t curl hair properly

Model: Platinum

Should be recalled! really annoying

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

These cost me $330 New Zealand dollars. They have started flashing red ( a common issue I am seeing on the internet) and won't heat up. i went to the website and put in my details to do a return and printed the return label. the address was in the U.K . I latter found out there is a different process for NZ and australia but that is not clear on their websites so now i am going to be without my expensive unreliable GHD's for a LONG time grrrr very annoyed. i expect better when paying this kind of money, it is not fair a company can do this. keep selling product that is faulty. yes they offer a warranty but look how long i will be with out a product i have paid for!!! not to mention the hassle of returning the things!

wangaratta

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

why why why

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

This has got to be the best thing ever,
turn it on and within 30 sec its ready to go !!
i love the bag love the feel it dose not lock but that's ok (as i always get my hair caught in it if it dose).
as always dose the job on point quickly and no frizz .
GHD are on to another winner and i will not trust any other brand like i do GHD.

Blinky blue

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Bought a long awaited upgrade ghd which cost almost $400 well it did no more tgan the normal ghd I had for 10 yrs but cost double. Then after l yr the little bleeper goes off I’m totally confuse go to google and find it’s a common problem and has to be replaced. Thank the lord that process was effecient. For the added cost not worth it.

Model: V gold classic

Still going strong!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2017

I love my GHD. This is my 2nd GHD straightener in almost 10 years and it has never failed me. My last one lasted 7 years and I’ve had my Gold classic for 2.5 years now and I love it! My hair doesn’t snag, it heats up really quickly and I get perfect results every time!

Model: V gold classic

6 years and still working!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Definitely a good investment. I've had this hair straightener for 6+ years now and she still works like brand new. She manages to straight the most unruly curly hair. The straightener heats up super quick, a few seconds after turning it on. And has a great safety feature where the straightener turns off by itself if you forget to yourself. Only con I'd say is that I wish it had a temperature dial as I'd prefer not to apply as much heat to my hair.

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I love my ghd ive had it about 6 years now and its never skipped a beat straightens my hair in about 10 mins and straightens it so well.
I got it with a heat proof bag and the 2 sprays for a great price I'm very happy with it and would buy another when this ones time is up

Model: Jamelia Limited

okayish

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

straightener is okayish but not so great. heating up is great and quick. but the output is not so good. doesn't really leave a straightened look. leaves a frizzy and bushy output.

Sydney, Australia

• 3 helpful votes

Model: V Pink Blush

Only one that works with my hair

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I bought this one to replace my 7 year old one and i cant say i have a complaint at all before i had a ghd i did use a few others but they did not seem to work as fast or get my hair as straight and also broke or stopped working in a very short period of time .My old one is still going btw but its just not as hot and it takes longer to do my hair so i decided to get a new one

Verified Purchase Model: Eclipse

Great hair styler, very disappointing outcome!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I loved this hair straightener while it lasted! Worked really well on my very curly hair HOWEVER it died (in fact, just started beeping without heating up) after just over 2 years. I used it a couple of times every few months, not every day, not even every week! Just for special events every few months!! That's maybe a max of 25-30 times in it's lifetime! For the huge expense these are and seemingly beautiful quality that to me is very very poor. I contacted GHD about it, initially it was so confusing contacting them so that wasn't a great experience in itself but I persevered and they said because it's out of warranty (only just) they can't do anything. They did give me 50% off the next one, which is definitely something, but I'm not sure why I would spend hundreds of $$ again on a product that will not last! I really feel it should have been replaced since it was a very underused, still in otherwise perfect condition (and kept in the original box) GHD. When it comes to these things I'm normally happy to let it slide, these are just "things" after all... but for such a highly sought after, expensive brand of styler that I looked after so well I expected FAR FAR better.

Canberra

• 2 helpful votes

Model: IV styler

Excellent, super-quick hair straightener!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I recently purchased a GHD IV Professional Styler. It is excellent and I'm very happy with this product. It heats up super-quickly - in a matter of moments, does not grip the hair too tight, so does not snag, is very smooth and easy to roll on the hair. Has a long cord, so can be used at a power-point some distance away if necessary, and it is a swivel cord, which makes it easy to use at all angles. Nothing negative I can say. I highly recommend this product.

1 of 66 pages

Platinum

I have a ghd only had it for about a month and I turn it on and it start flash red and was beeping what wrong with it?

Channy asked on Dec 12, 2017

Platinum

My ghd straightener is flashing red!!! Want to know the problems?

Poo asked on Dec 04, 2017

Answer this

It’s time to change your straighter. Look for proof of purchase for warranty

It's very strange as used it not even 2 yrs

Many people have had this problem including myself recently. I bought the platinum vitage pink ghd from a girl on facebook, so it was second hand. But the girl had it for 6 months so should still be covered by the warrantee. Anyways the chick said on the post “nothing wrong with it! Works perfectly! Long story short, she knew it was faulty and sold it to me she blocked me and now im left with this glitched out piece of garbage ghd that i paid $200 nzd for :(

Platinum

Hi my GHD platinum straightener all of a sudden flashes red and have a beep every few seconds but does not hear up at all. I'm sure I've not had it for more than 24 months and it's a model S8T261. Please let me know what to do?

Wayne P asked on Dec 02, 2017

See all 141 questions about ghd Hair Straighteners

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Platinum IV styler Eclipse V gold classic V gold max V Pink Blush V gold mini Peacock Limited Edition V Ruby Sunset V Arctic Gold * Metallic Collection * Purple Indulgence * Jamelia Limited * V Copper Luxe * V opal * Scarlet * 3.1B * V Marine Allure *
Price (RRP) $315 $199 $300 $270 $270 $280 $270 $270
Max Temperature 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C

* Discontinued