highland park

Model: V gold classic

Seriously was a life saver

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

I had walked in store to have a browse around and spotted this GHD on the shelf , I was super excited as these go for aroumd $300 brand new and seeing this was going for $48 was a bargin . i loved it and still have this item till this day 1year later .. heats up super fast

• 1 helpful vote

Model: IV styler

Best straightener on the market

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

I love my Ghd I will never go back to using anything but this! Heats up quickly & cools down quickly, if accidently left on it turns itself off! Love this product wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone who wants a good quality straightener!

Melbourne

Best hair straightener!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

I've tried a lot of straighteners in my life but this one has got to be the best! Straightens hair really fast without being rough or burning it. Leaves it smooth and not frizzy. Heats up within less than a minute and is super lightweight and easy to take with you when travelling! Will never go back to cheap drug-store straighteners again.

melbourne

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

I love my GHD straightener! GHD is one of the leading brands in hair-care products and having bought my first GHD straightener (a Platinum) in Winter of last year (fighting the frizz in the damp and cold) I'll never use anything else. It straightens hair easily without burning, and leaves it shiny, healthy and smooth. Love it!

Clovelly Park

Very Good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

I have bought this hair straightener for my Mom in her birthday. She find the product really good. Her hair gets straightened faster and it doesn't stuck in the straightener.

Broke after 2 weeks.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

I bought this for my wife and she absolutely loved it. She said it was one of the best straighteners she had used. It was a massive disappointment when it stopped working only 2 weeks later!

Woongarrah

Outstanding product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

My ghd is used daily and is so quick and easy to use. My hair is shinier after each use and it's light and comfy in my hand I would recommend it to everyone.

Model: Platinum

Stopped working just out of warranty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Not happy with this product. I had this straightener for 2 years and used it once a month maybe a bit more or a bit less. Just once the warranty ran out it stopped working and would not heat up. Not worth the money.

Verified Purchase Model: V gold classic

Still one of the best hair straighteners

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

This is the second GHD I have owned. The first one lasted me 10 years. The smooth plates make straightening and curling my hair a breeze - it gently glides right through my hair. The universal voltage means I can travel with it and not have to worry about power adapters etc

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Best hair straightener

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

This is an amazing product, as i was growing up i had a lot of cheap different hair straighteners and they never worked well, took ages to heat up. I finally got a ghd, they are that bit more expensive but definitely worth it! They heat up so quickly and work so well.

Melbourne

Model: V gold max

Great product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I purchased the thicker plate hair straightener as I wear 3x heads of hair extensions and thought this would make my life easier.

It absolutely does. Heaps quicker to straighten my overall hair.
As the plates are thicker it does make it a little more difficult to get the little baby hairs, but I still prefer it as opposed to the smaller plate version.

Heats up quickly which is a plus. Doesn’t pull or snag the hair when running through.

Overall, good product. Would purchase again.

Disappointed in platinum product

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

The Platinum straighteners have a red flashing light and lose heat and snag Hair! I think I need a replacement as they are only 13 months old!! Help??? Bought from reputable salon in Brisbane
Tracey

Best Hair Straightener

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I have had this hair straightener for so many years and it still works perfectly. It heats up so fast to a high degree and I make sure to use a heat protector spray first so I dont damage my hair and then its so easy to use to straighten my hair. I love how fast it straightens my hair especially when im in a rush.

Brisbane

• 4 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: V gold max

Straightens in less time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Having previously had a GHD Classic, which was brilliant, I upgraded to the wide plate and it is so much better. I now do my hair in almost half the time as before, as the wider plates cover more and I can move faster. Heat up time is the same (I think). Thoroughly recommend the wide plate over the Classic.

Absolutely amazing!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

This product is the best I’ve bought so far !! As a hair stylist I’m always looking for the best products for my clients and this has to be one of them. So simple and easy to use and the heat up time is super fast.

Model: V gold mini

Worth the money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

I bought this a few weeks ago and an very satisfied with the performance, coming from cheap hair straighteners in the past, this hair straightener heats up quickly and straightens my hair without damaging.

Sydney

• 3 questions
  • 1 answer

Model: V Pink Blush

Great Purchase! Love love love!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

I had my first GHD for 6-7 years and never failed me once (still kept it actually). I was given the pink blush as a gift for Christmas in 2017 and i find it is so much smoother on my hair and keeps it straighter for longer with minimal breakage which is great for me having bleached hair. Best gift ever!!

Newcastle

Always buy GHD

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

I really love my GHD hair straightener, I have consistently bought GHD because they are the best in the business. Really handy to wrap up and use on the move, heats up extremely quickly, has a monitor so that it will turn off if you aren't using it to remove chance of fire. The only reason I rated 4/5 is because I don't always like how smooth the elements are, I would like it to be able to hold onto my hair a bit more rather then just gliding through it.

Model: Eclipse

Disgusting!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I purchased this Model in 2017. The date stamp on the Eclipse reads 2014. Because I don't have a receipt GHD can't do anything about it. After reading previous reviews I can see that I am not the only one with this faulty Eclipse Straightener and all have received poor customer service with generic replies. This is a faulty model and GHD needs to take responsibility for this faulty product. I will now take further action with NSW Trading.

Over to Cloud9 Hair straighteners for me, I will never purchase another GHD again!

Don't bother replying I've already tried customer service!

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: IV styler

Best one on the market!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I have had no problems with my ghd at all - it has lasted me more than 5 years and it is still going strong! It runs through my hair smoothly and it's easy to use. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. I have heard rumours that newly produced ghd's are not as good as older models but I don't know if this is true.

1 of 75 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

What does a flashing red light mean for my ghd Hair Straightener?

If your ghd Straightener has a blinking red light indicator, it indicates that the heat plates are not able to reach or maintain its temperature. If the plates are cold to the touch, you may need to warm them up with your hands. If this doesn’t solve the issue, this may indicate a deeper hardware fault; contact ghd for assistance.

What are the main differences between ghd Hair Straightener models?

The main differences between ghd Straightener models are the choices of unit & heat plate size (ranging from “small” to “large”), included accessories, and colours. In addition, Platinum models have a tri-zone heat sensor to more granular temperature control.

Latest Consumer Questions

Platinum

My ghd platinum hair straighteners keep flashing red every 10secounds, why is this?

Katie asked on Feb 04, 2018

Platinum

Hi have been thinking of buying a GHD but after reading many bad reviews I don't feel confident at all. It is the platinum model I am after just curious if the faults that seem to be happening to everyone have been rectified?

dee69 asked on Feb 01, 2018

Answer this

hi I cannot answer this question as mine works perfectly bought a few years back now. The first GHD i broke because i dropped it from a height. It works perfectly for me. You need to ask this question to the company. I will buy this product again. My hairdresser uses L'oreal steam straight Iron whenever i have a cut and it is wonderful on my very thick hair too. Good Luck.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We can confirm that all of our stylers come with a 24 month manufacturing warranty meaning that if any faults should occur during this time we would be happy to assist you with getting this resolved.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 443 424 and we will be happy to help in any way we can.

Regards,

ghd

Platinum

Hi i have been bought sone ghd platinums as a present the red light is beeping they are 6 months old i have no reciept can i get it repaired?

Sam asked on Jan 09, 2018

Answer this

Hi Sam,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with the product you received as a gift and we apologise for the disappointment caused.

Please contact our customer service team using the details below and they will be happy to help in any way they can.

Australia - 1300 443 424
UK - 01924 423 400

Regards,

ghd

See all 150 questions about ghd Hair Straighteners

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Platinum IV styler Eclipse V gold classic V Pink Blush V gold mini V Amethyst V gold max * V Arctic Gold * Metallic Collection * Purple Indulgence * Jamelia Limited * V Copper Luxe * Peacock Limited Edition * V opal * V Ruby Sunset * Scarlet * 3.1B * V Marine Allure *
Price (RRP) $315 $199 $300 $270 $280 $270 $270 $270
Max Temperature 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C

* Discontinued