Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I am so happy with the results that this hair straightener gives to my hair. It’s easy to use, glides smoothly down my hair and doesn’t get stuck on my hair during operating it. It heats up within 10 seconds and it goes to a perfect temperature I’ll never by anything else.

TRASH... LITERALLY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I liked it, while it worked which was not very long. I wish I would have never threw money away like that. I think I would have been better off buying something at Walmart for what it was worth. Cheap material overpriced.

Ghd Gold - much smoother than the original styler

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Having had 2 original GHDs over the last 15 years, they both lasted really well for 7 years. Now buying the GHD Gold I am very impressed. The round barrel is awesome for curling, the plates are smoother and more snag free than my previous GHD, and I got the Earth Gold colour (which is very Rose Gold really..). Great heat proof bag and heat protector cap it came with as well - very happy so far.

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Model: Eclipse

Great hair straigtener

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

I've had my hair straightener for at least 8 years now and it has worked perfectly for all this time. I would recommend this hair straightener to anyone looking for a reliable product. Only thing is I wish I purchased a larger head as my hair is so thick. Great product.

Model: V gold max

Perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

I love the design of the straightener , very easy to use there’s heat settings as well depending on thickness of your hair , dosent snag hair during operation it’s a smooth motion leaving hair shiny and effortless , heaps up with in 20 seconds beeps when ready , I personally have really thick long hair so I love this product as it makes my hair flawless without being difficult

Model: Platinum

Love my GHD but life span not much after warranty is up..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

Love my Ghd. First one bought lasted 5 years and travelled everywhere with me. Replaced that one and it died just before the warranty was up so thankfully it was replaced. Not so lucky with the second one it has died shortly after the warranty expired. Love my ghd but clearly the newer ones life span is not to long after the warranty

Newcastle

• 3 answers

My new hair

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

Yes very happy
Easy to use
No snags thank goodness
Didn’t take long to heat up and get all my hair done in good time that makes it easier for me to do

Good good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I loved the product, worked beautifully, hair was shiny, stayed straight for a full day no issues, until 2 years in and it stopped working.. love that it stopped working just when the warranty was up..

Model: Platinum

Great product and can’t live with out a ghd straightener

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Love this product.It just glides through my hair leaving it shiny and straight and it’s just so easy to use.This is a replacement for my last ghd which is 8 years old and still working but I wanted an update.

Model: Metallic Collection

Lasted me years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

My ex partner bought me my ghd for my 18th 5 years ago! I use it a ridiculous amount for both curling and straightening and have never had an issue with it! It heats up quickly and leaves my hair feeling soft.

Verified Purchase Model: Platinum

Up until today they were fine.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Up until this morning these ghds were great but as I as using this morning they have gone bang and blew all my electrics!! They are less that a year old and yes get used every day but I have old ones that have been used more and still work (even after me having to hunt them out this morning).

Will be trying to send them to get fixed or replaced as the amount I spent in they I expect them to last a lot longer than they have.

Model: IV styler

Best straightener!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2018

I have had my GDH for years and it is the best straightener I have ever used. Hair doesn’t snag, you don’t have to keep going over the same piece of hair and it creates the best curls!

Glendenning

Model: Eclipse

Definitely Good Hair Days

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

Love my Eclipse GHD, it heats up so quickly. Doesn’t dry my hair out. Saves me so much time. Keeps the heat through to the end of the strand. Straightens my curly hair so well. I can’t live without it.

SYDNEY

Best Decision

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Had a old ghd straighter for a over 10 years and still didn't fail me, a few months ago i decided it was time for an upgrade and purchased the same brand. Can honestly say it was the best $300 i spent. Stylish and classic!

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Model: Jamelia Limited

Excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I'm very happy with my GHD, bought it from my hairdresser years ago, paid a good sum for it and got a white fancy travel hand bag as a gift with it. It heats fast, straightens my hair well, it's slim and easy to use. Compared to a cheaper product I once bought it is superior and worth the money.

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: V Arctic Gold

Reliable and Great Curls

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Trusty, reliable and worth the money - I've always used Ghd's and they've never let me down.

This particular model seems to curl really really well, and better than other models I've had, heats up quick and evenly and doesn't burn my hair.

Love gh'ds and would recommend :)

Verified Purchase Model: Platinum

Ghd platinum professional hair styler - white

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Purchased this straightener to replace an old GHD, I found that it didn't curl my hair as well as my older model did.
Its easy to use and heats up fast, is light in weight, and is a good looking straightener. I don't use it all the time but does do the job when I need it. If i was to get a straightener in the future I'd probably get a cloud.

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I have had my ghd for 5 years, Will never ever use another brand again. Hair feels so smooth and soft and doesn't damage hair at all. It is worth the price.

Model: V Ruby Sunset

I used to get my hair rebonded...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2018

I used to spend significant time and money getting my hair rebonded, however, I've found having a ghd straightener means that if I spend about 20 minutes in the morning I get fairly similar results. My straightener came with a great heatproof case too so I take it everywhere.

Malfunction

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

Not happy with my platinum styler as it now constantly bips when using it it starts after about 5 minuets off heating up and then has to be turned of

1 of 84 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

What does a flashing red light mean for my ghd Hair Straightener?

If your ghd Straightener has a blinking red light indicator, it indicates that the heat plates are not able to reach or maintain its temperature. If the plates are cold to the touch, you may need to warm them up with your hands. If this doesn’t solve the issue, this may indicate a deeper hardware fault; contact ghd for assistance.

What are the main differences between ghd Hair Straightener models?

The main differences between ghd Straightener models are the choices of unit & heat plate size (ranging from “small” to “large”), included accessories, and colours. In addition, Platinum models have a tri-zone heat sensor to more granular temperature control.

Latest Consumer Questions

Platinum

My GHD's have started to flash red and won't turn off or heat up. I have the limited edition pink platinum ones. I think I've had mine for 2 and half years. Are they dying? Is there anything I could do? Thanks!

Emma asked on Jun 12, 2018

Answer this

I would ring the company or where you got it from
I have had no problems with mine

The red light as come on and only one side of the plates get hot and it’s making a sound every few seconds can you help me?

Grezza asked on Jun 12, 2018

Platinum

My flat iron was making noise and beeping red on the power button. Any ideas?

JnJ asked on Jun 01, 2018

Answer this

Hey,
I also had this problem with my previous (one before last) one. I sent my straightener back as it was a manufacturer problem. And as it was under warranty they replaced it.
Ring GHD and see what they can do :)
Other than I used to just have to turn it off and then on again until it worked.
Hope that helps x

Thanks! for your reply will try the on and off and see if everything works ok before I call ghd

See all 180 questions about ghd Hair Straighteners

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Platinum IV styler V gold classic Eclipse V Pink Blush V gold mini V Amethyst V Pink Diamond V gold max * V Arctic Gold * Metallic Collection * Purple Indulgence * Jamelia Limited * Peacock Limited Edition * V Copper Luxe * V opal * V Ruby Sunset * 3.1B * Scarlet * V Marine Allure *
Price (RRP) $315 $199 $270 $300 $280 $270 $235 $270 $270
Max Temperature 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C

* Discontinued