Model: Platinum

Made my life so much easier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2017

I got this hair straightener after my original ghd finally died after 8 yrs of service.
I have very curly thick hair and the results from this product has delighted me. It now takes me half the time it use to to straighten my hair as this heats up to a high temp so quick and I get great results first time.

Don't bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2017

I bought my first GHD in 2007. It lasted over 5 years. Every replacement model I've bought since then has been worse than its predecessor. The last one (Eclipse) stopped working early this year, just 3 weeks before my wedding, so I had nothing for my honeymoon (thanks!). It was less than a year into its warranty, so I called customer service. The person I spoke to was polite but man it annoys me when they act surprised - as if they are not getting any negative feedback! I was finally sent a Platinum and assured the technology was the latest. Gr eat I thought, newer technology must make it more reliable. WRONG! It stopped working after 4 months. Seriously! I only use these straighteners 3 times p/w and take excellent care of them. They don't heat up like the old models (don't bother telling me that they do, I'm the one who has to take sections of my hair through it slower and more repeatedly than I did with earlier models). The plates don't align fully and the spring is rubbish, the tension is already sloppy after just 4 months. I called up on Thursday and spoke to a helpful person who said that I'm still under warranty so it can be replaced. We spoke about different models and I said I'll think about it. But the more reviews I read, the angrier I am getting. I don't want a replacement! I want a refund so I can take my hard-earned money and buy a better brand that I can rely on. GHD's are not cheap. I have a family and a mortgage and it's a big deal for me to spend this much on something. I want a straightener that gives me my monies worth. I want to have a straightener that I can rely on. GHD can no longer provide that. I never want one again.

I emailed GHD on Thursday morning to let them know that I don't want a replacement, I want a refund. I haven't heard back. funnily, I just received an email from them asking me to rate their customer service. Do they care about what we think of their products???

Alburry

• 1 helpful vote

Avoid

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

I'm not sure if this is a common problem for this product or if I just received a faulty item. After using it for about two months, it started malfunctioning and not heating up properly. A couple of days later, it stopped working altogether.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Frankie, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing with your product and we would like to apologise for the inconvenience that has bee... read more »

Wanneroo

Never fails.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Easy to use, never fails. I have dropped this straightener and glued it back together and it still works like a charm. Heats up quickly and doesn't snag at all.

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Model: Platinum

I love my Platinum straightener!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

It is easy to use, doesn't snag hair during operation, heats up in about 20-30secs. And it is so pretty! I have the baby pink breast cancer version. I am in no ways a professional at hair straightening, but my Platinum GHD makes it look like I am.

Worst GHDs ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

I loved these when I received them for Christmas 2015. By March they were not working, flashing red lights and then a pop and completely dead. I have since had three other replacement pairs, the last being four months ago. On the first day of my holiday I heard the fatal 'pop' and they gave up the ghost. I have had to spend my entire holiday looking like a frizzy mess. This is so disappointing as I have had other GHD stylers that have lasted for years. Definitely just going to get my money back this time as I cannot trust the Platinums to work when I need them.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Nicky, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experiences both with your original product and the replacements that you have since received and we apologise for the inconvenie... read more »

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes

Model: V Arctic Gold

It's perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

I am very happy.
With a few negative reviews for newer models I was worried about this purchase.
This is my 3rd GHD, and so far, no problems at all.
It straightens my hair amazingly, I love it and can't live without it.
I would definitely recommend a GHD

Red light flashing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

I'm on my 2nd pair of ghds . 1st pair lasted me about 7 years and this pair about 2years. Never had any problems then suddenly the red light keeps flashing and not heating up. Not impressed with these ones. Seems like this is a common fault.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Deborah, Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear of your recent difficulties with your product and we apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. A private message ha... read more »

• 2 answers

Model: V Arctic Gold

PERFECT FOR PARTY

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

One day just went for window shopping and come with GHD. ACTUALLY I am thinking to gave as gift to my sister then when I came home I just can't control to open and using for my self. Quickly heated up and hair done in 10 mins:).No need to go for hair dresser and waiting for my turn in stylish.

Verified Purchase Model: Platinum

Awful product...Awful customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

I purchased the Platinum Straightener in May...3 months ago...for my Daughter's birthday. She uses it 2-3 times a week and it's already stopped working. I have emailed GHD all the required information 3 times now and they haven't bothered to respond. Consumer Affairs are now advising me of my options. Would never have purchased if I'd known about all the faults. Can't believe they don't recall them... they are so expensive and so many complaints.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience both with your product and when contacting our customer service team and we apologise for the inconvenience that has ... read more »

It's taken me 4 emails and you've not bothered to respond until I write a negative post. Thankfully Ry have great customer service and are refunding me in full.... something you should be doing. W... read more »

ghd Official

Hi, Thanks for getting in touch. We would once again like to apologise for your recent experience and for the inconvenience caused. A private message was sent to yourself requesting some additi... read more »

Werribee

• 2 answers

Model: V gold classic

Excellent can't live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

Love it I have hair extensions and found other brands to kinda burn out my extensions but with the GHD my extensions have life and my hair is perfectly straight and smooth

Townsville

Model: Purple Indulgence

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

My ghd is amazing it takes about 30sec to heat up it glides through my hair doesn't leave fly away and is so easy to use its amazing i would never use anything else

Doncaster East

Verified Purchase Model: V gold classic

Decent, don't understand the hype

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

The straightener was quite expensive, but it worked decently well, it got really hot and was very smooth and smoothed out tangles and frizz. However, I don't think it is worth the hype and the money. It takes a couple of times for the straightener to completely straighten hair and even then I feel that that are there are small imperfections.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi April, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed good hair days with your product and we wish you many more to come. If you do require any assistance please do n... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Platinum

Faulty Model, Excellent Customer Service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

These are actually excellent straighteners, very quick to heat up, effective and smooth, but I'm now on my 3rd set in 18 months! Seems like a really sensitive, faulty design. I use them once every 2-3 days and barely move them, so for 2 sets to stop working without warning is crazy.
Credit to GHD, they have replaced them very quickly, without any fuss and no cost of postage to myself, which is service that lives up to their reputation (and the product price-point!!) & something I would buy their products again for, but not the Platinum model.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with your products and we apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused. However, we are pleased to hear that our cus... read more »

Faulty!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I have written and spoken to someone regarding my issue with this GHD straightener. I have had mine for a few years and used it maybe 20-30 time as I generally see my hairdresser every week.
There is obviously a major fault with the Eclipse given the amount of poor reviews & complaints. In my opinion they should replace all even the ones outside of warranty.
I'm still waiting for a response but GHD you have a lot of competition in the straightener market so I think you owe it to your customers to do the right thing!

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Annab, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience and that you have not yet received a response in regards to this. We would like to apologise for any disappoint... read more »

Do not buy!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

There is a flashing red light every time I try to use the GHD Platinum. This was a replacement for the GHD Eclipse which I returned due to the same issue. I am shocked to read how common this problem is and GHD are still selling this product! I have misplaced my receipt, therefore, cannot even get it replaced although it seems like replacement products also have this same issue. So I am now left with a very expensive useless product.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Lima, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with your replacement product and we apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you. This is something we wo... read more »

Model: Metallic Collection

I love my god hair straightener

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

My 2 teenagers and myself all use the ghd hair straightener. We have always had great results and never had any problems with it. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

3rd set since MAY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

Straighteners are really good to use, however first pair flashed red and got replaced. 2nd pair just would not work one morning and the third pair there was a loud pop today and a smell and they are deceased as well. This is crazy esp considering my first set from years and years ago that I bought are still alive and well in my daughter's room, how sad. There is def a fault with the new platinum ones. It is a shame because they really do work well when they are working, really sleek. Oh and I only got the third set on 17 July.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Wendy, Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear of your experience with your product and the replacements that you have received and we apologise for any inconvenience that has b... read more »

Great while it works

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

The platinum styler was very efficient while it lasted. Now when starting up the red light flashes and it does not heat up. The unit is just coming up to 12 months old. Disappointing as it was expensive and I expected it to last longer than that.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Rose, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have experienced with your product and we apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused. This produc... read more »

They don't last

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

My Husband bought this s as a birthday gift about 2 1/2 years ago and it is no longer working. I receive a flashing light every time I switch it on. So disappointed with this, as my first GHD has lasted me 8 years but this was hardly used and it has not survived. This is also an expensive product. Looking at other options now and will probably not get another GHD looking at other reviews.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Geets, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with your product and we apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. Please do not hesitate to contact our ... read more »

1 of 54 pages

V gold max

Hi, i bought my ghd straighteners from my local hairdressers 10 months ago and they've become faulty. I looked on website to return and you need proof of receipt. Which I don't have due to not been given one. I went back to hairdressers and they said they don't give receipts when they sell them. Where do I stand?

Rach asked on Aug 18, 2017

My ghd eclipse only heats up for one minute then cools down can you let me no if they can be fixed there out of warranty thank you

Dukeey asked on Aug 14, 2017

Answer this

Hi In my opinion of you put up for in charging about 10 min before making your hair hope it works. I usually put up for 10 min in heating up and then do my hair it works for me :)

Hi Dukeey,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing with your product and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please contact our customer service team using the details below and they will be happy to help in any way they can.

Australia - 1300 443 424
UK - 01924 423 400

Regards,

ghd

Platinum

My GHD platinum are also flashing with a red light. This seems to be an issue with this model. Do you replace them?

Jo H asked on Aug 13, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jo,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear of the recent difficulties you have been experiencing with your product and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please contact our customer service team using the below details and they will be happy to help you with this.

Australia - 1300 443 424
UK - 01924 423 400

Regards,

ghd

See all 114 questions about ghd Hair Straighteners

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Platinum IV styler Eclipse V gold classic V gold max V Arctic Gold Metallic Collection Purple Indulgence V Marine Allure V Copper Luxe * 3.1B * V opal * Jamelia Limited * V gold mini *
Price (RRP) $315 $240 $300 $270 $270 $270 $270
Max Temperature 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C 185°C

* Discontinued