Darwin

• 1 comment

Love my old GHD!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Got one of the new GHD's and it was all well and good, but it's not even 12 months old and has now started to overheat and turn off. I know they have 2 year warranty so I'll be trying to claim that with them direct, and hopefully have a good outcome. Not sure how it will go.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Shenae, Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. A private message has been se... read more »

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Model: IV styler

Worst ever!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

I thought changing to ghd wld be salon smooth, it has been anything but! Its crappy and doesnt give a smooth look and feel to hair at all. Silly store lady suggested this model "for your hair type" and this just means not Caucasian hair thin like! Maybe if i had just selected a ghd i jad tried at a gym instead of listening to a store lady with no knowledge, I might hv been happier. Really unhappy now hv to go buy another hair iron aft wasting all that money.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have not been completely satisfied with your recent purchase and we apologise for the disappointment this may cause. This product has... read more »

Always dying

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

I love my GHD's... when they actually work!
I have now been through 5 of these in the last 7 years.
This was my first V Gold Classic and I absolutely loved it!! However, like all of my others, it has died short of 2 years old. I was given this for Christmas 2015, and it gave up on me in September 2017. The light has just stopped coming on, no beeping and not heating up. As it was a gift, for some reason the warranty was never registered online so I am lost without the option of having it fixed. And I can't possibly justify spending over $200 on another GHD just to have it die on me AGAIN....

Very very disappointed, for such a 'quality' product that costs a truck load of cash, you would think it would last a little longer. So upset because when it worked, it was brilliant. Absolutely perfect.
The only fault is that they don't last!

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Inicia, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with your products and we apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused. This product comes with a 24 month w... read more »

Not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

My daughters platinum ghd has just stopped working so upset bought 3 ghd straighteners around 2 years ago the other 2 are fine. Red light came on my daughters this morning.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Ruth, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with your daughters product and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. This product comes wi... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Second Time Back for My GHD Platinum

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

I have had my product for less than two years and have sent mine back for a second time now with the same issue of not keeping the heat and the arms close together. Chased up GHD on several occasions, and apparently haven't received it and been given the runaround about if the parcel I sent had a tracking number and that they have a backlog of parcels. I have done everything as asked, and am still waiting - extremely dissatisfied with the product and service to date. Certainly don't believe the product is worth $315 and would not buy again.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience both with your product and returning your item and we apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. A privat... read more »

Very disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

I am so unhappy with the Ghd platinum styler straighteners. I don't know whether the ones I have are faulty or not but they genuinely don't straighten my hair. My hairs left looking frizzy and wavy regardless of the time I spend straightening my hair. I feel like the straighteners are completely over rated and over priced. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Heena, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have not been completely satisfied with your new product and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. If you require any ass... read more »

• 1 answer

Still the best.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

There's only one straightener for me and after I don't know how many years my GHD is still going strong. No issues, does what it should, heats up fast, always reliable results. Best one in my opinion.

Model: Platinum

Still the bed time on the market but currently very disappointed...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

I got the Ghd black platinum styler in 2015 for my birthday. I've used them without issue until yesterday when they quite literally blew up in my face whilst I was using them. I have long hair & was straightening the front section when there was an almighty bang & a flash of blue light & a funny smell & I realised it came from the straighteners. They now won't turn on & make a strange clicking type noise. The light no longer shows. I bought them from John Lewis but obviously are out the 1 year warranty. I have emailed ghd & await a reply about if there's anything that can be done. My understanding is that under the sales of goods act electrical goods have to last 6 years. This is not safe & was very dangerous. Thank goodness I wasn't burnt or my hair damaged. I have always bought ghd so hope something can be done as it has made me concerned about buying a new pair, not to mention the upset of having to be another £165 out of pocket.

Model: V gold max

Great straightener when it actually works!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

I have been a ghd user for 8 years. My first ghd lasted me 5 years, but in the last 3 years I've replaced it 3 times. Today my 6 month old one stopped working. So disappointed! My second last one would still be in the 2 year warranty but since the date code faded I didn't register it so that was a huge waste of money, and now this 6 month old one will have me waiting around for an exchange.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Kezry, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing with your product and we apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused. A pri... read more »

Model: V gold classic

Not the best hair straighteners in the market

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

I bought different product of GHD and I must say they are not the best products for me.
They probably don't damage your hair that much which is good, but the results are not the. The straightener does not make my hair super straight and shining, and the one to make curly hair does nice curly but the effect lasts for too little, and that is probably because the temperature doesn't go more than 180.. For the price those products have I would not reccomend them, there are better product in the market.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Bianca, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have not been completely satisfied with your recent purchase and we apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused. ... read more »

Model: Eclipse

Overpriced

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

I love GHD in general, however the Eclipse model has been the biggest waste of money. At first it was great until it started to take minutes to heat rather than seconds. The heat was inconsistent. At times there was steam generating from the straightener. Mostly though the plates were bearly warm. For the price I expect a quality product. This is not it!!

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Julz, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have not been completely satisfied with your product and we apologise for the disappointment that has been caused. If you requir... read more »

Launceston

love GHD

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

After going through so many cheapo hair straighteners from the supermarket I decided to invest in an expensive on, as I had basically spent the same amount on poor quality cheap ones!! So I went out and bought a GHD Gold, and I've never looked back! I am so happy with this hair straightener, I mainly use it for curling not straightening and it work amazingly well, as I have very thick hair. It is so easy to use, and is very very smooth, and doesn't snag hair which is fantastic. It heats up very fast, and makes a noise when its up to heat which is great.
Only this, I do wish it had a heat control so you could turn the heat down for the fine bits of hair. But overall, highly recommend!!

Easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

I use my GHD all the time . It heats up well and is very easy to use. I like the fact that I can not only straighten but also curl my hair too.

Surfers Paradise, QLD

Model: IV styler

I didn't think my hair was capable of looking so shiny & straight!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

First off, allow me to preface this by saying I've only used GHD straighteners for about the last 5 years or so, so I imagine technology will have changed & advanced, however when I first tried this product, it was far superior to any other product of its kind I'd tried before then. These days, it's still performing just as well, & leaves my hair looking perfect every time, & I've had it for years so that's pretty impressive in terms of product life. When you consider that factor, it's perhaps far better value than it appears when you first see the price of one.

When you're using one of these, I would say it's vital to use some form of heat-protectant treatment because this thing heats up so majorly! And be careful when letting go of sections of hair you've just straightened, too - I've burned both my fingers & my face with hair over the years. Aside from that, I've never experienced any other issues with it. The non-stick coating on the metal plates keeps hair from sticking to this, & it's ready = in such a short time when you need to use it quickly.

Overall, this item has been indispensable, & I think it was worth the price I paid from it, or close to that.

• 10 comments
  • 2 answers

Love it! Resilient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

I've had line for about 7 years and it's still going well. Heats up quickly and is solid. It's damn expensive though. Mind you I'm sick of buying appliances and having them break so you do get what you pay for. I only use the one heat setting and it works well for me. It says that it helps protect your hair but I can't comment on that given that it's heating it up to straighten it! Glad I splurged on this!

Model: Eclipse

So disappointing :(

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

I have always loved GHDS I had my first pair at 18 and they lasted me 7 years, I treated myself to the eclipse around 24 months ago and loved them but they now seem to have gone into 'shiver mode' and won't hat up!! I'm a nurse and can't afford a new pair so I'm absolutely gutted, nothing I can do as they are out of warranty and lots of people seem to be saying theirs have broken just outside of warranty! So disappointing GHD.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Nathalie, Thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing with your product and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. A private message ha... read more »

Not worth the money -

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

After looking at the GHD website and seeing they do not offer a repair service I am shocked at how many people are having the same problem as mine. Started off flashing red and beeping during use and now if I plug it in and turn it on it goes red immediately and doesn't heat up. I have had this product less than two years so I feel it is absolutely NOT worth the high cost.

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Lauren, Thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear that you have been left disappointed by your recent experience and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. As this product comes w... read more »

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

I love the V gold max . It straightens your hair real quick and smoothly! I have had mine for near 3 years now & I have not had any problem with it! Fantastic timing to heat up quickly & very easy to use!

• 1 comment

Model: V gold max

perfect for straightening the hair in no time :)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Its easy to use. It gets warm quickly so I don't have to wait long to straighten my hair better than any other straighteners I have ever bought.
Worth spending money.

Verified Purchase Model: Eclipse

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Bought the new eclipse, had issues with it, stopped working, flashing lights, replaced by ghd and sent a new pair, Then same problem further down the track but out of warantee, eclipse model in not sold anymore. Look like new, not over used even though I am a hairdresser they have not been used excessively. Ghd offer me a 50% discount as they think I am a customer( retail) , but when I explain I am trade, I am offered a higher price. I question why trade are getting charged more than a consumer customer. Totally makes no sense, not a great policy, clearly there has been issues with this model, as it’s been removed from the market. Very disappointed. Total waste of my money!

Comments
ghd Official

Hi Jojo, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we would like to apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused. This is something that we would lik... read more »

1 of 61 pages