This is so much better than my cloud9

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

whole day sleek straight. just love the way it feels. don't need to use any protector for the heat anymore. finally back to healthy living. beautiful presentation as well. My cloud 9 failed to work after 1 month out if warranty. decided to go for GlamPalm after lots of research. love love love it!

Verified Purchase Model: Mid (GP313)

Really disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

I had very high hopes for this straightener after reading such good reviews. I have thick, wavy hair and this straightener just does not work on my hair. My old, $30 department store straightener does a better job than this. It straightens my hair to a degree, but it doesn't make it sleek or soft. It leaves it looking boofy and dry. It heats up very quickly which is about the only good thing I can comment on.

Comments
GlamPalm Official

Hi Suzanna, We are here to help as it is unusual a GlamPalm product gives boofy results. Lots of celebrities and celebrity hair stylists are using GlamPalm as professional tool of preference and ar... read more »

Model: Original (GP201)

Really true straightener ever!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

I have been looking to get this straightener for months and months. I finally got it and it is everything I expected and more. It's very light weight which is awesome if you have to get through a lot of hair like me. The curls you can achieve with this straightener are really awesome, look more shiner and healthier. I don't even need to have it at its highest temperature to achieve the results, which is great for me as I am always worried about hair damage.. Thank you Glampalm!!

New Zealand

Model: Original (GP201)

Don't waste your money!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I bought these about 18 months or so ago after my classic GHDs started overheating. I was sucked in by how amazing they sounded and all the awesome reviews on their website (which I now suspect they seriously filter as there is no way every single person who tries a product loves it). I've tried really hard to like these straighteners especially after parting with a small chunk of my hard earned cash.

To be fair my hair is rather 'gnarly', strong, fuzzy and wavy these straighteners just couldn't handle it no matter how small a section I tri
ed to straighten at a time, then if there is so much as a drop of humidity in the air I may as well have not even bothered straightening in the first place. Even on a dry day I notice that my hair slowly starts to expand within a few hours of being 'straightened' and those wee bits by my temple never manage to be controlled. To top it off the GlamPalms burnt my hair!!! My hair dresser asked what I had been doing as it looked like the very ends of my hair had been burnt with a match (that was with using the GlamPlams at 160 degrees AND a heat protector). Because my hair is constantly fuzzy and unmanageable I've come to really hate it over the past year or so.

In comparison at my last haircut my hairdresser used the GHD Platinum straighteners on me, holy moly what a difference!!!! My hair was smooth, shiny, sleek and straight for about 6 days until I washed it (I purposely held off washing it because I has actually enjoying my hair again) even when it rained in that time, a couple of those wee hairs by my temple lost the plot but for the most part control was maintained. The comparison with GHDs is like chalk and cheese, as soon as I get some GHDs these are going on TradeMe with a $1 reserve as that's about all they are worth, I would put GlamPalm on par with some cheap Remington's.

Comments
GlamPalm Official

Hi there, We have looked into our records and cannot find anything under your name. Most likely you have a counterfeit product. We highly recommend to purchase from our Authorised Stockists or offi... read more »

I bought them from Combined Salon Supplies in Christchurch NZ, April 24th 2015. I even still have the receipt. Definitely not a counterfeit and definitely not a fake review :)

GlamPalm Official

We really would recommend to check our Authorised Stockists. We are the original manufacturer of ghd (2001-2008) and have a long-lasting reputation of quality products made in Korea which we are p... read more »

Sydney

• 4 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Better than the old GHD, not the new GHD

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I was really skeptical of this as I had only had a GHD since 2004 and it has been absolutely amazing. But, old faithful was nearing her end, so decided to go with this one after hearing bad reviews about the new GHDs since they sold the company.

I am glad I took the plunge. It is seriously amazing. I use it everyday without fail, curling, creating waves and straightening it. I am lazy and do not always use heat protectant or anything else and my hair is in perfect condition. It straightens very quickly and the curls for me last all day if
I use the correct heat setting for my hair (170 for curls 190 for straight). I have naturally wavy hair and I find my hair holds the curl and stays straight from morning until I shove it in a tight bun for bed- even in Thailand's humidity it held up!

I purchased the original size, which I did think may be too small, but it is the same size as the GHD in medium. It has a bunch of heat settings, and I have never needed to use the hottest (200 degrees).

If you are thinking about buying one, do it and you will not regret it. Tip: buy the heat proof case and their hair clips are amazing and so reasonably priced.

Model: Original (GP201)

BEST HAIR STRAIGHTENERS EVER!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Wow!!!! Thank you Glampalm for this innovative gift to women with frizzy dry hair, your hair straighteners have literally transformed my hair! I can't praise this enough- shiny, healthy, so soft and straightens and curls hair to perfection! My hair is back to how it used to be :) very happy! 100x better than GHD and MUK ir which ruined my hair. Glampalm really does help with the condition and with damage prevention, I have recommended this product to my friends and family who are still trying the find the best hair straighteners...

Model: Mid (GP313)

helps my curly hair! This rocks!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

I am forever having difficulty straightening my hair. I have tried other products but the GP313 is SUPERB and works in no time at all. Cheap too - the best of all!

• 2 answers

Absolutely amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

This hair straightner is incredible! So quick and easy to use. My hair is glossy and shiny after use. So much better than GHD!!!!!! I initially thought the Original size was too small, but I'm finding it great now. If I'd wanted to change to a larger model the Glampalm customer service said they'd happily exchange it. So thats good to know. My hair is long but fairly thin and I find the Original great. My mother has VERY thick mid length hair and finds the Mid size is good. Honestly, hesitating and just buy one! Worth every penny! A++++

Woongarrah

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: Clinic (GP225)

Kick ass over the current GHDs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

To say I am terrible at doing my own hair is an understatement, so I usually cut it short. Feeling like a change I got extensions and was concerned how to make them look nice. My hairdresser raved about the glam palm so I ordered one. It arrived the very next day. I straightened my hair so perfectly and easily and decided to try doing curls, to my surprise I had gorgeous curly hair in 30 mins. I can not speak highly enough of the magic straightener. And to top it off the carry case is stunning too. Can definitely tell this was made by the original manufacturers of the GHD. Keep up the amazing work. Worth every dollar

Model: Mid (GP313)

good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Model: Original (GP201)

Won't regret, Love it !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

My hair is fine and long, easily loose styling. but with GlamPalm, stays pin straight even after sleeping! My hair feels softer and looks shiny days after use and it doesn't dry my hair out!! I don't feel like I need to give my hair a rest from over heating it. I've also noticed less split ends and breakage. I've been using it for more than 2 years and can't say enough about how much I love this product! Is definitely worth the price!

great product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

This straightener works for me. I have had it for two years no problems. It does not over heat and has not damaged my hair. I would recommend this straightener

Model: Original (GP201)

My only one Straightener!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

I bought it about 3 years ago. From the first i used it i was in love. It has been amazing for my hair and i love how my hair remains so healthy. I straighten my hair every 2-3 days and it lasts right up until my next wash. It gets rid of all my frizz too. It heats up straight away and is super easy to control temperature. I highly recommend to all my family and friends.

Private message

Verified Purchase Model: Original (GP201)

Loved it, but like clockwork it died a day after warranty expired

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

I have used the glampalm on my very fine hair for two years. It's a great product, worked well and hasn't damaged my hair. Unfortunately, after 2 years and 1 day it stopped working. Warranty was for two years. I'll probably try another brand next hoping it will last longer.

Comments
GlamPalm Official

Hi Chess, Our products are made with screws and the failing components can be replaced. Actually GlamPalm has an amazing customer service and if something unusual like this would happen of course ... read more »

Just spoke to customer service rep - extremely friendly and told me to post it off and hopefully they will be able to fix it no charge. Fingers crossed. So far, very impressed.

Model: Wide (GP501)

I expected more :(

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Fair results, easy to use, little slow to heat up, no snags. Unfortunately it doesn't beat my old ghd I was so so excited to get this product and I'm a little sad. I have super fried bleach blonde and it's results against the ghd were dramatically different.... the wide plates are good for a big curl

Comments
GlamPalm Official

Hi Jade, Thank you for your feedback. As we are the manufacturer of the original ghd (from 2001-2008) we are surprised to hear why it would be any different. As you have super fried bleached ha... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Great customer service!
My "out of warranty" iron has been promptly fixed free of charge and working like a dream again in less than a week of contacting Glampalm. So good!

Blue Mountains

Model: Wide (GP501)

This thing is a game changer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2017

My ends are no longer frazzled, stiff and crunchy after straightening thanks to this straightener. My old straightener was really ruining my hair. But this does an amazing job, I'm so happy I found it. I had no need to use a high temperature either, I recommend starting at the lowest and seeing how it goes. My hair honestly hasn't looked like glossy healthy hair since that one time 10 years ago when a number 1 hairdresser played some tricks on it. Beyond impressed. Used it after the alterna bamboo heat protectant and air drying

Adelaide

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: Original (GP201)

Finally a hair straightener that works

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

I received my Glam Palm within 24 hours of ordering, and used for the first time today, and cannot be happier.
I have quite fine thin hair that normally looks a little dry and lifeless when straightened. After using the Glam Palm this morning my hair looks thicker, shinier and feels so much softer. Awesome Packaging, Product & Service - would definitely recommend.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Merewether

• 1 helpful vote

Model: Original (GP201)

Amazing, They Used To Make The Original Ghd!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

When I first received it i fell in love with the packaging! Once i started to use it i was blown-away by the quality and the shine it leaves my hair. this was 3 years ago and still going strong. As i cut my hair shorter I needed a smaller size and got myself the GP201. its the original size as they call it. Again its amazing! I love the 11 heat settings and that i only have to go over 1 time and it is fabulously straight.Thank you glampalm to save my life because before i started using the glampalm i have tried cloud 9, ghd, and so many other b rands! nothing compares in the long haul! love love love it!!!

August 17th 2017 Update: Upgraded from GP201 after i stepped on it

OMG I'm in love! i had the GP for about 6 months and loved it to pieces but i stepped on it and broke. i treated myself to an upgrade and got the new clinic. This one vibrates and is definitely an upgrade. my hair stays longer curled and straighten even in the humidity weather is experiencing. its the best i have used by far!

Model: Original (GP201)

Loved untill it bust 2 month outside of warranty..

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

Not impressed. Only used them every now and again. Heard an electricLfizzing noise and that was the end. Spoke to a freind who bought them at the same time and the exact same thing happened to hers.

Comments
GlamPalm Official

Hi Crispy, Thank you for your feedback and thank you for loving the GlamPalm. We apologise for the inconvenience. As we changed robotics we experienced a few difficulties over a very short time and... read more »

1 of 5 pages