GERRINGONG

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Sep 2015

Glem is not great!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Our Glem dishwasher is really disappointing to say the least.
The middle shelf is too close to the top shelf so only small mugs and glasses fit, the remainder have to go into the bottom plate rack..this leaves me short on plate space. We have tried everything to move the shelf lower but it only goes HIGHER!!!!!
The dishwasher has a short cycle of 1 hour but on the cycle it doesn't dry anything!!!
It does wash well, that is my only saving grace.
I would NEVER by another Glem product

Comments
Glem Official

Hi Kez - please call us on 1300 307 917 to provide assistance with what you've described. Thank you.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Garbage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

Dont buy one. ours is less than 12 months old and wont wash. Glem wont cover under warranty because i dont have purchase receipt. Their service agent cant get here for a week and ive been told i will have to wait 10 days for parts to arrive after diagnosis. Cuttelry draw is crap. cant fit a schooner glass in top draw either. Im taking it to the dump. Next time ill a quality brand. Avoid at all costs

Comments
Glem Official

Hi Mark - the top basket is adjustable. When adjusted, you should be able to fit the schooner glasses. Alternatively, the schooner glasses can be placed in the lower basket. We do have a strict com... read more »

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

please dont touch this product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

after two weeks it doesn't work. light flashing and not washing. can not call they are all in meetings, no users manual which tell me the product should not be imported as not to Australian standard.

so upset about purchase only brought due to the energy rating

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great wash. Just will not dry

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

This is the first dishwasher we have ever owned. Thinking we had such a great deal we were over the moon. After the first wash all our dishes were still wet. Thinking its new and needs to be run in. We were wrong. Every wash the dishes are soaking and we need to hand dry them before putting them away. For something that is supposed to make our life 100% easier for a busy family it has only made is 50%. The other disappointment was the cutlery drawer. Thinking this has made room in the dishwasher for plates. This doesn't clean the cutlery at all. Not sure what to do but i think buying this dishwasher could have been our first bad experience we have every had. 2 stars from us.

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

You get what you pay for

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Wouldn't recommend this product:
Pro's:
Love the cutlery draw
Quiet

Con's:
Unable to fill shelf under Cutlery draw with glasses and higher cups etc.
If you drop the basket so you can fit glasses etc, I can't fit my dinner plates as the washer arm gets stuck.
Constantly have dirty dishes including the cutlery

Comments
Glem Official

Hi Sue - can you possibly let us know which detergent and rinse aid you are using so we can run some comparative tests? Also can you please let us know which cycle/s you use? That way we can conduc... read more »

Hi I use different products the result is the same, I always us the normal cycle, my main problem is the draws as I said I am unable to load wine glasses, bowls, and side plates in the 2nd shelf. ... read more »

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Excellent value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

Great dishwasher and it's quite when operating. So much room to fit dished in and I love how I can clean all my pots and pans. When fished operation I leave the door open slightly and dishes are dry.
Love this as it is definitely value for money. Looks great in my kitchen and it's so easy to use.

Towsnville

• 1 review

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Worst appliance ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I bought this product because of the cutlery draw, as I thought they would come out cleaner than in a basket. I had problems with it from the beginning, so had to increase the time washing. Had to rinse dishes completely clean, and put on the heaviest option, and even then it comes back with streaks.
It shouldn't be like this. It's got worst over time. Nothing comes clean. No matter how much rinse aid. I now just don't use it. Harvey Norman tells me to contact Glem, and I have, for a technician to come. However, I feel that I don't think a tech will be able to solve the problems, and I just would like my money back. This product doesn't do what it says it does. Not fit for the purpose is correct. We are a family of six, and it's being a pain.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Can't complain for the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

The Glem was one of the cheapest dishwashers on the market so we took a punt on it. So far so good. Not too long. Dishes are clean. Like the cutlery rack on the top shelf instead of the typical basket. Adjustable shelves. We'll see if it lasts the test of time but even a few years would be good value

Gold Coast

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Didn't pay the sky and well worth it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Were looking for a 14 place dishwasher. Looked at other more expensive models but decided to give this a try - it was 14 place which we wanted and had good clearance fie bigger plates and dishes.
Had it now for 4 months and are totally pleased wit it.
Only drawback being that dishes are not 100% dry when the cycle finishes but not many dishwashers are able to do this.
Low water consumption.
So far so good.

Merriwa

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Will never purchase a Glem Appliance again!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

I purchased this dishwasher brand new 2 weeks ago. We had it installed only to find a number of issues. Standard size dinner plates do not fit to be able to enable to spray arm to move. This is with packing it at per the instructions suggest for optimal cleaning. We then start it for the very first time and hear awful buzzing electrical type sounds. I rang the company and they said this is normal for a first wash cycle so I continued. Then we get multiple error codes come up and different lights flashing all over the place which made it hard to pinpoint what the error was. Turns out there was a draining issue and the machine left all the water in the base of the product. We manually drained it with a cup and bucket and rang the company again. They said to modify some switch on the base of machine (which didn't even exist). I asked the company what to do and they said they would organise someone to come look but couldn't tell me when and that it wasn't a priority. The customer service over the phone was also appalling, as if I was being made out that I was lying about the issue. I got fed up and we pulled the machine away from its spot under the bench only to find that it had flooded all down the wall, under our linoleum, through the kitchen cupboards and caused a large amount of damage. (It wasn't a priority though).
Let me remind you that this was a 2 day old machine at the time I first used it.
Straight back to the shop it went for a replacement of a different brand!
Got a new Bosch dishwasher, works perfectly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Glem Official

Hi Cody M - Please contact Sarah on our customer service team on 1300 307 917 or email Sarah@glemgas.com.au. Thanks.

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

My plates don't fit!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

I have 3 dinner sets and yet none of them fit in the bottom tray low enough for the arm to spin around above them!
I now wish I had of taken a plate from home with me when making this purchase. Have not experienced this issue with previous LG and Dishlex dishwashers that I've had in the past.
Shame as dishwasher cleans really well and is very quiet.
Have to spend extra $$ now on another dinner set

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Glem Official

Hi Daisy - the top basket is easily height adjustable. Call us on 1300 307 917 and we will go through it with you. It would be very unusual for this not to fix the clearance you require.

Roselands

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

unbelivable how good it is

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

I hardly recommend product but we have had one of these Glem dishwashers in our home for over 5 months and love how it operates.

Seems to wash properly, looks great in our kitchen and the noise is not the issue . Just a good value dishwasher that does the job.

Plumpton NSW

• 1 answer
  • 18 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

poor product and worst after sales support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

bought about a year back and it has started giving alarm now, say effectively out of order. I have been talking to Glem support for a week now and only going in circles. They are not able to arrange a visit. this is the worst appliance I have come across in recent times. feel like throwing it outside and buying a better brand.

Heap o rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

Dishwasher total rubbish top tray height locks wont hold when got coffee mugs in it an falls down. Clips to hold spinner arm on top rack broke out due to to tray falling down dishes not washing properly plastic clips that hold tray runners in broke had to glue 3 times still same. GLEM sent new tray all good now no hot water heating side o things dead. We will send a technician to look at it yer rite after 6 months in a house with 4 adults this unit is breaking down i don't think so. Will never buy a GLEM Apliance again. spend the extra and get a better brand

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Glem glamour

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2016

I’m Happy
Surprisingly good dishwasher. Nice stainless steel finish and looks fine in the kitchen. Now I just need a new kitchen!
The cutlery tray was a bit different but I have grown to like it. Seems to be good value. If it lasts the distance I will be well pleased.
4 stars

Very Quiet & Cleans Everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2016

I have had my Glem dishwasher for about 6 weeks. It is simple to use, quiet & efficient. I love the timer delay settings, as I run mine between 3 - 4 am every morning and we have never been woken by it, unlike other dishwashers that I have had. My dishes and pots are clean and dry in the morning, and it matches all my other stainless steel appliances. I am very happy with this dishwasher.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2016

I am very happy with my Glem dishwasher. We bought this dishwasher a month ago. Seems to work perfectly.
Looks great in the kitchen. The best thing is that everyone in the family seems to be able to use it. Now I just wish they would fill it and empty it! It was good value for money.

3rd Time Unlucky

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2016

My Glem dishwasher has stopped working properly for the 3rd time. I rang the company over a week ago to report it and have not had any communication since.
In the past it has not cleaned particularly well and dishes have never dried properly.
The only good thing going for it was that is quiet.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Glem Official

Hi Dinkydi, could you please reconnect with our customer service team member Sarah during business hours on 02 9721 2755 or by e-mailing sarah@glemgas.com.au. Thank you.

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2016

This product does not work properly. We are always washing the dishes ourselves. I regularly clean the filter and the spray arms and it still does not clean properly. Some days it will clean a cup or a dish and completely miss the cup/dish right next to it. Very unhappy with this product.

Comments
Glem Official

Hi Jay H, please contact our customer service team member Sarah during business hours on 02 9721 2755 or by e-mailing sarah@glemgas.com.au. Thank you.

What products do you suggest to use, We have an Electrolux in our house and ONLY use Finish products. We have fitted a NEW Glem GDW24SSE to our rental property and would like to advise our NEW tenant of the best product to use and not void warranty Murray [details removed]

murray.ockenfels asked on May 20, 2018

Answer this

Hi Murray - yes, we can recommend Finish products for use with this model. If the tenant has any questions or concerns, they can contact us for further advice on 1300 307 917. Thank you.

We have had our dishwasher for about 3 months (as part of a turnkey house package) and it has been great. However we are now having an issue. Once packed and program selected and start press it turns on, seems to be starting and then stops and the rapid or whatever program button just flashes. Not sure what to do. Don’t think we were given a manual. Please advise:

Chris F asked on May 03, 2018

Have only had my new Glem dishwasher for 3 days. On 2nd wash in and showing a fault code of flashing 90min & rapid lights. Do I talk to harvey norman regarding this or Glem customer service?

Jess M asked on Nov 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi
It will flash when washing, but if you have any concerns I would talk to Glen customer service.

Hi Jess - please call our customer service team on 1300 307 917 to help you with this. Thank you

If you have only had it 3 days my opinion is, return it for a full refund and get something better. Harvey Norman would advise you who to contact if you are going to keep it.

See all 7 questions about Glem GDW24SS