Melbourne

Branch Name: Granite Transformations Essendon

One year anniversary

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

We had Granite Transformations Essendon out to quote and then fit new worktops over existing worktops about a year ago. We deiced to leave it a year before commenting to see how they performed. Well they look as good as they did the day they were fitted. Excellent product as well as excellent service. We really were very impressed.

• 4 comments

Branch Name: Balcatta

Great experience with Granite Transformations Balcatta

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

We recently had our benchtops refurbished with Granite Transformations Balcatta and found the experience easy and stress free, received an initial quote, which I was happy with, and then a follow up measure up (just to be sure?). The two man installation team arrived on time (tho the plumber was an hour late, so what's new:)). They then make a template of your tops and cut on-site, in this case our garage. The whole process took about 4 hours and I'm very happy with the result. There was very little mess and it looks terrific.

Branch Name: Gold coast

Best excuse company I have heard for a while!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

This company has the worst customer service of anyone I have dealt with apart from Telstra who would rate just slightly worse that these people.
Broken promises, not returning phone calls, project still not completed, excuses re suppliers and contractors 3 weeks from start and still only 50% completed Phone call today explaining supplier ran out of hinges just the latest in a very bad experience.I would suggest giving them a very wide berth if you want a satisfactory job completed on time.

August 6th 2017 Update: Still no kitchen!!

Well
another week completed and still not a completed kitchen!! The company are very quick to ask for a progress payment WHICH we did pay however the progress has been slow and another week passed and drawers that are incorrect and don't close properly, pantry doors incorrect size, cupboards that are the wrong size and the list goes on.
We did a calculation this morning and 50% of the drawer/cupboard fronts are either incorrect or do not function properly.
The facia boards are still not finished and we are now in week 4 of this nightmare.
My neighbours want to renovate their kitchen as well and on our initial recommendation went to this company for a quote, 2 weeks later and still no quote!!
Sad thing is that if they had done this project as quoted and on time we had 3 bathrooms for them to do as well, unfortunately they will not be getting an opportunity to quote this or any other projects we were going to offer them.

Branch Name: Caringbah

Unsatisfactory workmanship

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

They Scratched our new oven & dishwasher. Left us with a leaking sink. Failed to correct a significant protruding granite edge. Our home was left filthy. There was no follow-up to our written review.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Branch Name: Granite Transformations (North) Balcatta

Kitchen Upgrade

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

We found the product and service excellent and would recommend both to anyone. Gary, Beverley and their team could not be faulted.

Branch Name: Goulburn

Don't give up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Granite transformation goulburn is willing to help any Canberra residents who can't get help or service from Canberra. Give them a call
They can even help with any trouble with your kitchen

Branch Name: Head Office North Ryde

Amazing Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2017

Nine years ago I decided to update my kitchen and after a lot of research decided to have a Granite Tranformations Benchtop installed over my preexisting bench top. At first I loved the finish and look as it contained a lot of "mother of pearl" in the granite slab and really lighten my kitchen.
I had only had the benchtop a year and noticed that the pearl had started to disintegrate and I had pit marks all over my bench even though I had followed the manufacturers instructions to a tee. Over the following eight years I had reps from Granite
Transformations come out and try to "fill" the holes - nobody would take ownership that it was a "faulty batch". I thought I would give it one last try to get someone to come out and have a look at it and was told the franchise had been taken over by head office.
The National Operations Manager from Head Office at North Ryde came out, took one look and said we will replace the bench top - at last someone acknowledged the problem and took ownership. From the day I met Gareth to the day I had my new bench top installed he has communicated with me each step of the way. His professional manner and impeccable service has restored my faith in Granite Transformations. I love my new bench top and would highly recommend this company to anyone wanting a kitchen makeover. The result is amazing.

Canberra

• 1 answer

Branch Name: Fyshwick Canberra ACT

Poor.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

We had a kitchen makeover with Granite Transformations in Fyshwick ACT in November 2016 and we NEED some minor outstanding work. Needless to say our kitchen is stunning however we have not had any follow-up work contact from the company. We have been ignored by the new owners and the old as well, there have been many promises that to date haven't come to fruition!
THE BRAND NAME has been tarnished here in Canberra with new licence owners not honouring warranty work. We have so many people commenting on our kitchen and until December 2016 we
WERE full of praise for Granite Transformations Canberra! Would we recommend Granite Transformations to our friends, family and neighbours? NO, and we haven't - not now anyway! We live in an area where houses are just over 20 years old and people are looking at their options to have a new kitchen or a makeover. Even though our kitchen is beautiful, how can we recommend the company when this is how it treats its customers once they have your money! The after sales service has been non-existent and when a new franchise owner takes over they are also buying the good will, the company's reputation and hence any outstanding orders and repair work. 6 months have passed and now we will get serious about exposing and expressing our dissatisfaction with the way we and others have been treated by the Granite Transformation's brand.

Branch Name: ACT Fyshwick

We are waiting for a quote more than 2 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

We were recommended by our cousin. And visited Canberra branch in February 2017. They gave appointment for March 2017 for a quote. Still waiting for a quote it is almost end of May. I went their workshop. They moved another shop no information at their shop apart from their business sign. And I was told business was bought about 6-7 months ago with current owners. They wasted our time for 3 months. We waited because they were recommended. If we knew the business ownership was changed we wouldn't wait.

Ayse

Branch Name: Granite Transformations Gold Coast

Absolutely disheartening

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

Very straight forward, ordered new kitchen in Sept 2016, work started in December 2016 and is STILL not finished. Have had so many different tradesman come and go, incorrect pieces put in, not measured correctly, no communication from Sales Rep [name removed], he refuses to speak to anyone after has made a sale and then blames client for being upset. Very poor and unprofessional.

Canberra

• 6 helpful votes

Branch Name: GT Canberra

Unable to get them to respond to emails / Telephone calls

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

We initially engaged GT Canberra via an insurance claim due to damaged to the original GT worktops (10 yr old). Initial service was good and they said earliest install date would be Feb 2017 (order and paid deposit Nov 2016). Had to postpone Feb install and made contact in March for new date. Have been trying to make contact via emails and phone calls to get them to give me a date but not able to speak to anyone. Leave voice messages on answerphone and mobile and still no response. Extremely poor customer service and they have my money so cannot go elsewhere. Need them to call me and explain at least why they are not responding..... Be very careful of the Canberra Branch.

Branch Name: Balcatta WA branch

Highly Recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

Granite Transformations has been chosen by several of my clients as their preferred kitchen, bathroom and/or laundry supplier. As a home projects manager, I could not wish to work with a more professional & friendly bunch of people. They deliver on time, their workmanship is excellent, they improvise if they have to & they return willingly to close out the final items that couldn't be completed during the main install. I can sincerely say that I highly recommend this company.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Branch Name: Balcatta WA

Balcatta WA branch, Professional, timely and very cost effective

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

We first installed Granite Transformations 15 years ago in our kitchen. We then followed up in our Ensuite. This year the Kitchen got a complete rebuild. One kitchen installer wanted me to pay $600 just to come out and discuss. However, Gary Clarke from Balcatta came out, listened to us. Offered popular trend suggestions as we are out of touch. We visited their show rooms the next day and by that time Gary had been on his computer and provided some Artists Impressions of how our design will look. With a no obligation quote. We didnt just opt for stone tops, we had GT build the entire cabinets and drawers, They used quality self closing hinges and sliders, and high quality finished doors and drawers. Once we demolished the kitchen, Andy came out for a measure. The installers were in precisely on the day as specified to fit in with the other builders on site. I detected a problem with the install.

Phoned Gary, and within the hour, Andy was on site. He confirmed what went wrong, he took total responsibility and had the installers back on site the next working day. He stayed and fully supervised the fix, a great result and a totally professional response. However, a week later i found a damaged plastic cover that the installer did not install correctly. Gary sent out a representative and fitted a new cover, no questions asked. We totally love the installation, finish and function of the GT cabinetry and stone bench tops. The joins are very hard to see. We cant thank Gary enough for listening to us, and for his non pushy advice on some design aspects. Gary also introduced us to Shirley, who I employed as a Project Manager, she totally saved my life as I had to go interstate for a couple of weeks, she controlled all the tradies involved in a totally professional manner. And her fees were totally worth the pain of the whole project. which involved the whole house and not just the kitchen.

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 16 helpful votes

Branch Name: Box Hill

Most durable I've found...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Value for money....the granite transformation, for the cost, has outperformed the caeserstone in our kitchen; the laminate and (cost only) marble. I've used the product in two different homes and found the process entirely smooth (sorry to reviewers that haven't). Importantly, the end product is totally durable. Doesn't seem to stain (ie red wine) doesn't seem to chip (pots thrown in to the sink) and depending which colour you get, is entirely 'user friendly' in terms of water marks and so on showing up. The latest colour we have is "charmot beige". Very happy!

Branch Name: Balcatta

Problem after problem, poor customer service and refusal to rectify

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

They didn't measure our kitchen properly, installed the wrong products in our bathroom and refused to rectify it opting to send debt collector notices rather than deal with their mistake. We also have an awful water hammer since they installed the dishwasher.
Definitely go somewhere else.

Branch Name: Brookvale

Professional & tidy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

We had our kitchen & bathroom done some years ago and this company was excellent. This time round we got our wardrobe doors done the old IKEA ones were falling off one by one. Again professional in quoting following up and the tradesman they sent Paul was on time polite and cleaned up really well and communicated well. Highly recommend this company. Dr Sushmita Hunter Manly NSW

Branch Name: North Rocks

Professional & on time tradesmen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2016

Installer Riian (not sure if this is the correct spelling) arrived on time - was professional & friendly & the work was spot on. The plumber & electrician arrived almost together & the work was finished in the designated time. Very happy with the kitchen modification.

Sydney, NSW

• 3 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Branch Name: Caringbah

Love My New Kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

It was a shaky start with the initial quote being ridiculously expensive and confusion with paperwork between the Salesman and the Installer but it all came together in the end.
They started work on the agreed day and finished on they day predicted and I couldn't have asked for a better; more conscientious and more polite team of people to do the job.
My new kitchen and laundry look great and the soft close draws and cupboards are a dream not to mention the new built in laundry basket and waste bins that have replaced an obstacle course.
Couldn't recommend them highly enough!

Verified Customer Branch Name: Cheltenham Good. Uk

Problem after problem

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

Faulty Templating for kitchen worktop. Finished worktop had to be modified after fitting. Rough and open edge on worktop end had to be rectified. BATHROOM plan not executed as originally agreed __ could not be modified after installing. Pipes under bath leaked due to incorrect size fittings causing water leaks into kitchen and damage to ceiling below. Faulty installation of bath overflow caused second leak into kitchen below. [name removed] could not be contacted and refused via his assistant to rectify the bath overflow and consequential damage to the ceiling below. Have had no apology except from [name removed] who tried her best to resolve the issues. Would NOT recommend Granite Transformations.

Branch Name: Rockingham

Granite Transformations Rockingham

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

The boss Kevin at Granite transformations ensured that from start to finish our job was spot on.
From the first phone call to the final payment Kevin was a gentleman and ensured that all our preferences and requirements were delivered as agreed with no fuss. The end job is beautiful; on time, on budget, happy wife happy life as they say :0) Happy husband too.

1 of 4 pages

Looking at employing the services of GT Nepean. Please let me know about your experinence in quality of materials, workmanship, service, price and overall satisfaction.

Gary Brown asked on May 30, 2016

Answer this

I see that you asked this back in May 2016, so not sure if you're still after a reply. I had my kitchen done by GT Nepean in July 2015, and am very happy with it. Please see my review for the few minor difficulties I had (re measurements), but overall, I feel I can recommend them for a quality kitchen at less than half the price of other quotes I received. Ian, their installer is by far the best and most meticulous tradesman I've ever dealt with.

Anyone used GT Perth? I have a quote to redo my benches but having read all these reviews now am not sure that I want to. Might just bite the bullet and get complete new bench tops rather than overlays. My kitchen is only two years old but the benchtops (laminated) are so badly joined and now fraying we have to cover up the kitchen company stuff up. (Wouldn't recommend Kitchen and Cabinets Creations either).

heather asked on Nov 10, 2015

Answer this

Hi there Heather, Sorry I haven't had any experience with GT Perth, but I can say that I am very happy with my overlay bench tops from GT Nepean. Whilst it's only been six months they are still as good as new - but I guess time will tell. Sorry I can't be of any further help, and I hope you have much success with whomever you choose to go with.

thank you for your response. I just dont want to get ripped off again. I am looking at a company Rapid Stone in Perth so if anyone out there has dealt with them I would be glad to hear any comments about their work.

regards
Heather

Hi Heather. We used Granite Transformatin in Rockingham and they were absolutely great. The quality and workmanship was spot on, we could not have asked for more. So happy with our bench tops and would highly recommend them to anyone. Hope this helps you and good luck.

Has anyone used GT Adelaide, if so, how was your experience with them?

f cav asked on Aug 11, 2015

Answer this

Sorry cannot help but I can only suggest to read ALL reviews I think it's some from Adelaide ...
Also, it must be more then one branch.
Good luck