Haan offered a free gift to their customers on or about February 2014 to encourage them to write a review. It is possible that reviews during the term of that offer were written by customers who received such a reward.

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Efficient Mop - gentle steam low pressure - fragile water bottle as previous reviewer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

I do my research before buying most things. Choice Magazine is my standard reference.
The HAAN was voted no. 1 by Choice and HAAN claims this through and through.
But that was in 2012 (or 2014) I forgot. $230 via eBay (Klika shop).
Summary:
I bought the HAAN in Jan 2017. Its made moping a lite workout. Very easy and lasts enough for my kitchen and dinning area with 1 tank. I would recommend it for general use. The detailed version below..

I use the mop weekly for the kitchen and dining area. It works great on ceramic tiles that has low/middle level stains. The pressure isn't high enough for very dirty areas. At first it doesn't look like there's much done as the steam output is very little and doesn't leave the floor wet. Very pleasantly surprised after using the full tank for 10min in the kitchen. Walk on a few minutes after due to the steam level.

I can't say effectiveness on carpets as my carpet is untreatable. I use it in the bathroom, toilet, laundry - any area that I can twist the head to get some sanitation on the surface. Table tops - yep! The reason I believe is the amount of steam output. Its not high pressure so doesn't damage.

Overall - its great for a weekly 10 min mop of kitchen and dining area. That 1 tank. 2 tank for bathroom, toilet, laundry and table top/sink top. I use distill water every few tank (cleans the machine). You can of course use the sachet after 10 uses.

However, that water tank is weak and fragile. Mine came with a little crack (I couldnt be bothered sending it back). Sometimes water leaks from the rubber seal if you are not precise latching it on. That is the weakest flaw. EVERYTHING FROM THE HAAN DISTRIBUTOR IS A RIPOFF!!! As such after sales replacement gets the minus star (you have to look after your customers after sales for full 5 stars).

Oki doki - have fun mopping.

Sydney

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Cuts cleaning time hugely and does a great job!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2017

Cleaning our tiled kitchen and bathroom floors is absolutely my least favourite housekeeping task and I wanted to make it less of a chore so looked into a steam mop. Researched online and Haan seemed to have the most favourable reviews so took the plunge. So far I have used the mop and lift-off unit to clean the kitchen and bathroom floors, toilet, bath, sinks, shower, mirrors and fridge and I love it! It has turned tasks I hate into ones I now quite enjoy! It is powerful and does a great job without all the cleaning products I used to use and their horrible fumes. It has turned mopping the floors from a 30 minute to a 5 minute job and gets everything so clean - my bath is literally sparkling like brand new. The reason I did not give it 5 stars is because it is a little heavy and the hand held attachment can be a bit heavy to hold. I also would have liked more attachments like a window squeegee but regardless, this is a great steam mop and I am very happy with it.

SYDNEY

• 8 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Happy Customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

Did some internet research and came up with 2 products - 1 unavailable anywhere, so, HAAN was it. Am very happy with the cleaner and its ease of use, also the quick drying floors. Can get away with using 1 pad and 1 fill of the water tank as the last area I do is external and a little extra drying time is no worry. Can now throw away all those awful mops. Would recommend this steam cleaner to anyone looking forward to a quicker way of cleaning their tiled floors, which I have, and a quick drying floor.

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Love Love Love IT

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2016

I hated mopping my floor. It was so time consuming and tiering. But once I started using my HAAN SI-A70 it takes me 1/3 of the time to mop a double story house. It doesn't taker a lot of effort or scrubbing to get it clean. It also only takes a few seconds for the mop to heat up. The only thing I would like to see improved would be the water tank. I would have liked it to be a little bigger as It takes one tank to be refilled 2 times when cleaning both levels of the house.

Mackay

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 10 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Happy with what I paid for.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2016

I've had three steam mops in the past 10 years. The first a Monster, the 2nd a H20 (gifted by family) and the third a HAAN. The HAAN is being used three times a week for 6 months and is still going strong.

For what you get and the price. This is great. I loved my monster mop, but the head was too bulky, I couldn't detatch anything and steam walls ect. When the tank busted my mum sent me a H20 (she bought one and got one free). I was skeptical about the quality. Hers busted within months and mine held on for a good two years. In this time I fell in love with multi Purpose floor steamers. When the H20 gave up on itself I searched and searched till I found something that was within our price range and have the versatility of using it on the floor and as a handheld.

Good:
Cheap - When comparing to other brands on the market with similar features - this came up on top for bang for buck - who cares if its Chinese made? If it holds up to the workload why wouldn't I buy this over a more expensive brand??
Swivel and wide head (much bigger than the H20 - around the same size as the monster) Cleans larger floor area faster and is easy to maneuver
Can refill water tank without having to let the machine cool - SO good. Nothing worse than waiting around for your monster mop to cool, getting impatient, unscrewing the cap and having steam explode from the tank.
No need to use demineralized water - use straight from tap
Comes with a heap of lime scale remover packets (they recommend running one through once a month)
Does a great job steaming the shower while using it handheld - steam is strong enough to get up lime scale, mould and even calcium buildup around tap when using the brush
Pads are built to last - hold up great in the washer. I have also substituted my monster mop pads on this on the days my HAAN pads were drying. Any generic steam mop pad would work
Great customer service throughout purchasing as well as contacting with questions

Bad:
The floor mop doesn't live up to my floor cleaning expectations. Steam is barely visible, and while it leaves the floor dry almost immediately (and practically streak free- ceramic tiles), I find I have to go back and forth in many places. Don't expect to be able to mop up anything stubborn (dried food ect) this mop is only good for liquid marks and the odd light scuff mark. - Hence why I use it three times a week.
Feels heavier that the h20 and monster mops. Took a little to get used to the bulkiness of it.

All in all I am happy with my purchase. Everything seems to be working well. I love the hand held for cleaning my shower - this part has been by far the best. The steam output while using it handheld is great. It puts a good amount of steam out that it saturates the glass - meaning all the soap scum is washed off and I simply follow up with a squeegee and a polish cloth - No chemical needed.
For the floor it does the job, however, get on top of hard solids prior to drying otherwise you'll be on your hands and knees scrubbing.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mackay

It is worth the money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

I purchased this 3 years ago after reading reviews on this site. I was invited to review straight away but wanted to wait and see. It is a great product no leaks, easy to store, easy to fill water tank. The attachments work well but I haven't used much so I would go for just the floor cleaner in the future. Only problem is large screw comes out but not many times. It may also benefit from a larger cord if you want to do the whole house (I just use an extension cord). It is good to use for someone who cleans tiles at least once a week but doesn't clean grout well if not sealed. The pads have started to not attach but I have not replaced the originals after three years.

Wamberal, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 52 helpful votes
Private message

doesn't stand up on it's own

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2016

very satisfied with the cleaning power and it does leave the floor semi dry. Easy to move around the floor with good swivel action but for the lead keeps getting in the way. I would like to see a larger water tank. I am not happy that it doesn't stand up on it's own when having to stop to move furniture out of the way...falls over and cracks the water tank. Customer service was good with replacing the broken water tanks!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Maitland

• 2 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Great, convenient and fast.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2016

Pretty awesome little device, I love that it can function as a multipurpose steam cleaner. Heats up real quick and does what it needs to do. Real easy to use. Delivery was also super quick to our regional area.

The only problems I have experienced is that it's really unstable when standing upright and the cord is wrapped up, it's already fallen over once so I try to keep it propped up against something in fear of breaking the body. The additional hose extension also sputters a lot rather than providing a constant stream of steam, like you get straight from the body. I can only assume this is a design fault in combination with physics so it's not a real deal-breaker as the extension is still useful when used with the cleaning sock pad.

So Far So Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2015

Delivered to my door three (3) days after ordering online. Have used it three (3) times and so far I am very happy with the product. Heats up very quickly. The tiles dry even quicker which is a bonus at my house. Can't complain about the product at this early stage.

Happy with performance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2015

I have not had my steam mop for very long but found that I needed to order extra micro fibre cleaning pads as they take such a long time to dry, I also ordered an extra mop head for the hand held section as the elastic broke the first time I used it. I have since repaired it.
I have never had a steam mop so can not compare with other products but we chose Haan after some research. It certainly does an excellent job and I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

Comments
HAAN Official

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us :)

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Great steamer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2015

We love the steamer, works great for the tiles and carpet that we have, I would recommend. However lately we have been having trouble with the water tank lid, the little plastic seal keeps breaking and unfortunately this has meant that one of the steamers overheated and no longer works. I have emailed haan and hope they look into this issue as this has happened to me again today and i am not sure if my new steamer has gotten too hot...

Fantastic steam mop

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2014

We've had this steam mop for a few years now and I keep thinking I really need to review it as it is an excellent steam mop. It is easy to use and does an amazing job of cleaning our floors. It doesn't work as well for carpet stains but if you're looking for a top quality steam mop for hard floors then this is perfect. It also has a nice long cord and it is super easy to fill and empty the water tank.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
HAAN Official

We're glad that you love it! Thank you for the feedback :)

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

User friendly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2014

Light to lift, leaves very little wetness on the floor which is good for floor boards, works well on soft furnishings and windows. Did not meet my expectations around taps and grout. Easy to remove hand held from mop. Easy to refill. Happy with purchase.

Only just used it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2014

I have only used it once but am very happy with everything. Arrived promptly easy to put together. Easy to understand instructions. Left floor clean and dry. Imagine I will get quicker but easy to use.

Melbourne, Victoria

• 1 answer

Very Happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2014

This is my first purchase of a steam mop, although I have used friends and family's to find out what I wanted. I am very happy my purchase, with my floors drying very quickly and not leaving streaks, which some others did. The water usage is really good, I managed to mop all my floors without having to refill the water unit.
I did try the hand held device to clean my shower screens, it worked ok but didn't seem to get all the soap marks off (and I've got a new shower), but considering I didn't buy it to do that I don't mind.
Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase

+ Well built, easy to use and didn't leave streak marks

- Didn't clean glass shower screen as well as I thought it would - was noisy when cleaning shower too - not floors though

Qld

• 1 comment

MOPS IN A FLASH!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2014

I have purchased this mop and have used it twice. So far, I am so pleased of how dry the result is. It has removed dirts that my bucket mop couldn't. However, after reading some posts in other websites about using steam mops on polished timbers floors, I am starting to feel worried that it will damage the it or lose its luster in time. I would love to hear from HAAN reps what they can advise as the advertisements of this product includes using it on polished timber.

+ Dry and streak-free

- Just worried of the possible damage or lose of lustre it will do on our polished timber floors. I like to know how often it should be used to avoid it.

Comments
HAAN Official

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing our HAAN steam mop. You can use our steam mop on any sealed hard surface floor that does not have a wax or no wax finish. This includes hardwood, laminate, vin... read more »

question.. What is holding tank for HAAN S1-A70 Multi Purpose Floor Steamer

Excellent Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2014

Very easy to use. floor dries quickly and there are no streaks on my porcelain tiles. My son uses it as well and finds washing the floors a lot faster than with the microfibre mop. when one pad is wet just put another one and then just put the p0ads in the washing machine. So easy!!!!

Comments
HAAN Official

Dear Customer, we appreciate your selecting HAAN brand. :)

Great Floor cleaner

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2014

I bought this steam mop for it's dual floor cleaner/ hand held application. I am very pleased with the floors. It does a great job. No streaks, light weight and very easy to use. Heat up time is also very good. The hand held part is also great for shower screens and cleaning kitchen cupboards. For cleaning grout in the shower, it took way too long for me and found it faster and more effective just to use a toothbrush. The steam was hot enough but, not quite enough pressure. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and I would recommend this product.

+ Light weight, does a great job and easy to use.

- Needs a little more pressure for cleaning grout.

Good steam mop

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2014

This is the first time to buy a steam mop. After reading many reviews and visiting the shops, I choose HANN SI-A70. Delivery is very fast. As soon as I received it I tried on kitchen tile floor and living room laminate floor. It worked excellently. Very easy to use and No streaks. Exceed expectation!

Cleaning without a mop

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2014

I have just finished cleaning the kitchen floor with the SI-A70 Floor sanitizer for the first time. I did not know what to expect but a very clean floor with no streaks was what I was hoping for and that is exactly what I got. No elbow grease was needed, no rinsing of mops, no going over the floor with a clean mop to soak up any excess water. I also used the handheld to clean the glass partitions in the shower. This did take a bit of elbow grease because the glass was very dirty. Clean as a whistle in the end.

+ Very easy to use

Comments

It has been almost 2 years since I started using the SI-A70 Floor sanitizer. There has been no decrease in its ability to clean the kitchen floor or the shower glass partitions. I still stand by my original review. Excellent machine.

1 of 3 pages