Haan offered a free gift to their customers on or about February 2014 to encourage them to write a review. It is possible that reviews during the term of that offer were written by customers who received such a reward.

nsw

• 10 helpful votes

best machine ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2012

wonderful machine, so easy to use handheld steamer works really well and the steam mop is a dream to use, unit is lightweight and easily moved from room to room, worked really well on my carpet a great machine for use in anyroom to clean almost anything even great for freshening up matresses linen etc, great product haan well done!

+ how easy it is to use

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Model no
SI-A70 is what is selling in Australia, identical to SI-70 selling in USA

• 11 helpful votes

Loving our new Steam mop by Haan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2012

Extremely satisfied with results :) My tiles are spotless & germ free! Not worried anymore when my toddler plays on the floor! Now she can even eat from it! Also doing wonders for her allergies! I use it twice a day & enjoy using it! Thank you Haan! Highly recommended to everyone with small children!

+ easy to use, great results

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Selected review

Best ways to clean your floor and carpet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2012

I bought HAAN steam mop (earlier model) 10 years ago for my mum as this was one of reputable brand at that time. Even back then, I had paid more than A$200 and my mum has been quite happy to use it for long time without problem. Then, I found out this product is available in Australia while I was looking for a steam mop, few years after I moved into the town house with tiled floor. I had been cleaning fabric mop before I bought this but it did leave trail after I used it and sometimes, there was odour despite I washed and dried the fabric, especially when the weather was wet.

But with HAAN, it is very easy to wash off the fabric after use (and it dries quickly as well) and it leaves no trails and no bad odour as it is steam mop...

I also used carpet function with carpet head and it did clean up and refreshed our carpet in the living room and the one in my daughter's bedroom. It won't work as well as professional steam cleaning but it still does clean and refresh carpet.

Lastly, I used the small head to spot clean and it did excellent job on my daughter's play mat, which was absolute nightmare for me to clean as the mat was made out of PVC like material with even patterned embossing throughout the mat to prevent kids from slipping. It is safe for them to play on them but impossible for me to clean. I used to clean the mat by taking it out to the garden and scrub embossing (1.5 m x 1.5m) with strong chemicals, then hosed it down (but it never cleaned that well). But with this hand held head, I just need to mop it and I can really see the dirts and stains coming out very easily.

I haven't used the other two small heads for cleaning bathtubs and basins yet. But I am sure that they will work well as I have seen on the link.

Perth, WA

• 21 helpful votes
Private message

Best way to clean your floor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2012

The Haan SI-A70 is very easy to use, it's nice an light so cleaning is not a chore. I love the different attachment so I can tackle any job required allowing me to clean my floor tiles, carpet and bathroom tiles getting rid of all the soap scum and being able to clean the grout which is great.

+ Easy to use

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Sounds great! Where do you buy one of these in Sydney? Thanks.

sounds great, are they available to buy in Perth, Australia

You can buy this from online shop - http://www.k2a.com.au/si-a70/ which I bought from

SYDNEY

• 7 helpful votes

Been waiting so long

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2012

i have been waiting so long to this HAAN product be available in Australia.
My mum tried to send me one from Korea ,but with different voltage and Hz, i wasn't so sure whether it was worth doing with cost involved.
Quality proven product with this low price, i would strongly recommend anyone to give a try..

+ Quality.price

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Where can I buy one? Thanks!

Only one person rating this product 100%. Not good

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Are these reviews real???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I dont know who has reviewed the mop but I've had it for over two months now and it is terrible.
Very little heat from the mop and doesnt even clean up basic things off the floor.
The unit cant even clean up chocolate or jam off the floor.
I dont know how Haan get away with it but I do not recommend anyone buying this because you will just be wasting your money.
Haan should hang their head in shame for selling such a false product to consumers and then pretending it has the best rating from real consumers.
I wonder what the ACCC will say if they tested it themselves. Did I get a dud model perhaps, who knows because their distributor in Melbourne dont care and would even talk to us when we tried to return it, claiming not to speak English or not understand the problem.
Doesnt work, dont waste your money and forget about after sales support if anything does go wrong.
By the way, look out for the 30 day money back guarantee if you do end up buying one becasue you will need to return it for a full refund. Shame Haan, Shame!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mackay

• 1 question
  • 10 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Happy with what I paid for.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2016

I've had three steam mops in the past 10 years. The first a Monster, the 2nd a H20 (gifted by family) and the third a HAAN. The HAAN is being used three times a week for 6 months and is still going strong.

For what you get and the price. This is great. I loved my monster mop, but the head was too bulky, I couldn't detatch anything and steam walls ect. When the tank busted my mum sent me a H20 (she bought one and got one free). I was skeptical about the quality. Hers busted within months and mine held on for a good two years. In this time I fell in love with multi Purpose floor steamers. When the H20 gave up on itself I searched and searched till I found something that was within our price range and have the versatility of using it on the floor and as a handheld.

Good:
Cheap - When comparing to other brands on the market with similar features - this came up on top for bang for buck - who cares if its Chinese made? If it holds up to the workload why wouldn't I buy this over a more expensive brand??
Swivel and wide head (much bigger than the H20 - around the same size as the monster) Cleans larger floor area faster and is easy to maneuver
Can refill water tank without having to let the machine cool - SO good. Nothing worse than waiting around for your monster mop to cool, getting impatient, unscrewing the cap and having steam explode from the tank.
No need to use demineralized water - use straight from tap
Comes with a heap of lime scale remover packets (they recommend running one through once a month)
Does a great job steaming the shower while using it handheld - steam is strong enough to get up lime scale, mould and even calcium buildup around tap when using the brush
Pads are built to last - hold up great in the washer. I have also substituted my monster mop pads on this on the days my HAAN pads were drying. Any generic steam mop pad would work
Great customer service throughout purchasing as well as contacting with questions

Bad:
The floor mop doesn't live up to my floor cleaning expectations. Steam is barely visible, and while it leaves the floor dry almost immediately (and practically streak free- ceramic tiles), I find I have to go back and forth in many places. Don't expect to be able to mop up anything stubborn (dried food ect) this mop is only good for liquid marks and the odd light scuff mark. - Hence why I use it three times a week.
Feels heavier that the h20 and monster mops. Took a little to get used to the bulkiness of it.

All in all I am happy with my purchase. Everything seems to be working well. I love the hand held for cleaning my shower - this part has been by far the best. The steam output while using it handheld is great. It puts a good amount of steam out that it saturates the glass - meaning all the soap scum is washed off and I simply follow up with a squeegee and a polish cloth - No chemical needed.
For the floor it does the job, however, get on top of hard solids prior to drying otherwise you'll be on your hands and knees scrubbing.

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 57 helpful votes

Hmmmm...definately not amazed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2013

Does not have enough steam and you need to scrub to get off most of the dirt. Barely hot enough to take grime off shower glass.

You may have noticed that most of the reviews of this HAAN SI-A70 mop appear to be fake postings, assuming the distributor or someone in connection with selling them. (Always check the date the member joined and how many reviews they have made before placing too much reliance in amazing and glowing reports).

All in all, it's another 'made in china' mop with a different sticker and barely works as advertised. If you really want something that lasts, go for a brand name that you have heard before. and has service and spare parts Australia wide. Take a look at the Karcher SC3.000 Steam Cleaner for an example of a well made product with excellent after sales support.

- Spare parts availability (only one company selling it).

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Hi I was about to purchase the Haan today. Can I ask, if you knew the Karcher was so good, why did you purchase the Haan. It doesn't make any sense?

Hi Aron, I purchased the Haan around 12 months ago and have replaced it with the Karcher last month. The Karcher generates far more steam than the Haan and it is definitely a more sturdy unit. It i... read more »

Hi Thank You for your feedback, and your comment re member join date and member review date is extremely valid. I read the choice reviews last night and the upright Monster and Shark Steam Mops ra... read more »

Newcastle

A HAANS on experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2012

Love it. A HAAN ambassador for life. Ive never been a fan of using chemicals but felt thats the only way I could feel at ease that its actually clean. BUT no more. I feel confident that my floors and tiles are clean and sanitary. I can safely clean my bathroom floors and shower corners with the handheld without passing out on bleach fumes. I cant wait to try it out on my curtains, mattresses and pillows for a truly peaceful nights sleep. Good sized easily stored and easy to use. Saves me $$ on overpriced cleaners & sprays... Thank you HAAN.

+ Chemical free cleaning

Point Cook, Victoria

• 6 answers
  • 61 helpful votes
Private message

Cleaner floors with limited effort

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2012

This steam cleaner is so easy to use, lightweight and gets your floors clean with hardly any effort. Great for smaller apartments as well as large houses with a big tiled floor area.
Simple to follow instructions on how to use and stores nice and compact in your cupboard or laundry

+ Light and easy to follow instructions

Broke down !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2016

I was looking for a steam mop after research and all the good reviews bought one,it did work for 2 years and now it does not steam,the pads also does not last either,will not buy this product again will buy another brand very disappointing after I gave them a 5 star when new.

Private message

It's STILL the best mop I've had :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2016

Well a few months of using the Haan mop & I still love it :) Heats up in 20 seconds & the floor dries within 10 mins and that is NO exaggeration. I don't have any mess or excessive water. I have used the flexible hose to clean some carpet and it worked brilliantly. I can't relate to the comments for it not working properly - the instructions are clear and it's very easy to use. I LOVE this mop :)

MELBOURNE

• 1 comment

The Best.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2015

I purchased my Haan just over 2 years ago and it recently broke down, rang Haan in Sydney told to send it back, I had to pay postage, and they fixed it for free, they paid postage return, what other Company would do that, the best customer service ever and very pleasant to boot, most other Companies don't want to know you when out of warranty, have recommended to quite a few friends and all are very happy with this steam mop, I love mine because it is good on all services, tiles, wood floors and windows.

Private message

Terrible product which doesn't work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2015

This isn't a good product at all. I would not recommend buying and I would definitely not buy from crazysales.com.au.

I bought this as I have a new baby and would prefer not to use chemicals when cleaning. Unfortunately when its arrived I've very disappointed at the performance.

The steam doesn't come out consistently, it doesn't remove soap scum from the tiles, when using the smaller flat attachment on vertical surfaces water drips everywhere and the pad just gets saturated.

When cleaning the floor it doesn't produce enough steam to remove marks without going over them several times.

I purchased from crazysales.com.au who are now being very difficult when I've asked to return, they have after 4 days of emails (they apparently don't have phone support and take 24 hours to respond to each email) they have now referred me to the manufacturer....terrible customer service Considering I purchased the product through them.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
HAAN Official

Dear customer.
i apologize for any inconvenience caused and
please contact us by email through admin@haanaustralia.com.au

Brisbane

Private message

Nicely engineered which makes it efficient and easy to use.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2014

As a retired engineer I did my research on a lot of Steam mops before deciding on this brand and model. I read all the reviews and compared a lot of machines and settled on purchasing this particular make and model for value and best reviews.
We took delivery of our new Haan SI-A70 yesterday and so glad we went for this model with the flexible extension hose. This makes cleaning windows and tiled walls so much quicker and easier by comparison to other machines and gives it the flexibility to do so many more jobs around the house.

The build quality is impressive, as is the ease of filling and emptying the water reservoir compared to other machines we looked at.
My only suggestion would be to include a shoulder strap for the times you want to use the hand held module which would allow you to have two hands free for cleaning.

+ Good quality, no flimsy plastic bits, glides nicely over the floor

- The hand held module could do with a shoulder strap, allowing two hands to be free for cleaning.

• 4 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Exceeded Expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2013

My wife has a chronic dust allergy and I used the Haan last week after I had vacuumed. There is a noticeable difference in air quality, and my wife breathes a lot more easily. It does what it is supposed to do, and leaves minimal water behind. Upholstery is fine too, but as steam is water it will get a little damp -- that is a limitation of steam. Great product!!!

+ Quick to heat, very hot, and inexpensive.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

True enough there are a lot of "one-off reviews" for this product, which is suspicious, but I am happy with this product, and appears to get good reviews on Amazon.com.

The company do offer prizes if you review their product, but that's not wrong, they're just confident it is good. Still a good product, and the dust allergy problem has been greatly reduced and it still works fine.

Perth

• 30 helpful votes

Over priced over rated

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2013

Completely overrated this mop is no better than a $50 h2o I purchased on eBay in fact it is worse dont waste your money if you look carefully at the many terrific reviews 4 this mop u will see they all have the sane grammar and have all been written by people whom have only registered to review this mop !!

- Over rated over priced

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Given my experiences with this mop I would have to question the legitamacy of the reviews also. Solid at mopping floors, but the attachments are a total waste of time.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 9 helpful votes

Absolutely Overrated

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2013

Purchased from eBay after reading all these splendid reviews. It was a complete disappointment. There is simply NOT ENOUGH steam produced to clean. Completely useless to clean bathrooms and don't even think about trying it on the kitchen stove. You'll be there 10 years and it'll still be the same. That disappointing. After giving it 3 tries, I put it aside and took out my old fashioned cloth and bucket.

That aside, I've decided to refund this item and I was quite optimistic as the seller did state they have a 14-day money back guarantee. Complete nonsense. After many various attempt to contact seller, there was no response. Had to resolve to a PayPal Resolution claim. After sending item back, seller has failed to collect the item or responded. Still awaiting review from PayPal. Escalated to a claim since Monday 10th June.

Buyers purchasing this item should be warned. It's not worth the frustration.

+ Design

- Poor performance

Purchased at: eBay

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Hi PipuPipu, as outlined in my email, we have issued a full refund as there was some confusion with the collection card. We understand your frustration in the administration process of your retur... read more »

Seems that there is some astro-turfing going on here. Most of the reviewers that have given 5 stars have only reviewed the mop and nothing else. I wouldn't believe the reviews.

Hi mate have you had any success with the paypal claim? I just escalated mine after I had enough of waiting on Haan to get back to me.

High expectations

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2012

Bought Haan multi purpose steamer with high expectations after reading thr reviews. I have light colored porcelain tiles and it worked beautifully on them. I was even surprised that it cleaned a bit of the dirt from the grout which a normal mop has not removed. I think with numerous applications of the steam mop it will remove more dirt. I'm looking forward to trying it out on my oven.

+ Easy to use. Good quality

- A little pricey but worth it

Terrigal, New South Wales, Australia

Magnificent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2012

I bought this for myself while I still lived at home intending to take it with me to my new house, my mother soon fell in love with it cleaning some tiles downstairs that had been stained forever leading me to make another purchase online.

This mop is a pleasure to use, such an elated feeling of satisfaction that it hardly feels like youre doing chores. BUY THIS!

+ endurable, quick, efficient, relatively priced for a high premium product.

1 of 13 pages