Haan offered a free gift to their customers on or about February 2014 to encourage them to write a review. It is possible that reviews during the term of that offer were written by customers who received such a reward.

Perth

Date Purchased: Sep 2015

It is my favourite appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

I was reluctant to purchase this mop given the cost, however, it is worth every dollar and each time I use it, I feel a quite pleased with myself. Great maneuverability. Tank needs to be refilled quite regularly, however, that just means there is steam pumping through, so bring on the steam, I say!
However, the vibrating plates shorted out and sparks flew out the bottom. I don't know how to get it repaired and will be really disappointed, if it can't be fixed.

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Great Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

We are extremely pleased with our new Steam Mop. I have severe back problems and an ordinary mop is very difficult and clumsy to use, but the Steam mop is a breeze.
Only downside is can't hang it on wall for storage and falls over if not leaned against something. But still love it.

• 9 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

The best all round steam mop I have ever used.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

My wife almost didn't buy another steam mop after her experience with other brands, but this one is a beauty. Cleans well, and not much water left on my nice hardwood floors. Easy to fill. Easy to push. Easy to change pads and they wash well. The tough little scrubbing brush really did clean the grout (still a tedious job) and with water based degreaser and the wand I managed to clean the stove extractor fan filters. This steam cleaner/mop is worth the extra dollars. It appears to be very strong and well built, so should last much longer than our past disasters.

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Fantastic, and excellent service! Would buy Haan again and again and again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

This is the best mop ever. Easy and simple to use, and when we had a small issue with it, the Customer Service was unbelievably helpful and prompt. In this day, this is unfortunately a rare commodity, but I would have absolutely no hesitation in buying a Haan product again - price is not really an issue when you are buying this quality and service. Love it.

kingscliff

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Thank you Haan!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

I purchased this steam mop in November 2015 and used it no more than 6 times. 2 months ago I started to experience problems with the mop when it took about 20 minutes to warm up and start steaming. I finished my floors on this occasion and was hesitant to use it again because of the experience mentioned. 2 weeks ago I decided to use the mop again and I was extremely disappointed to find that it wouldn't work at all. I contacted the supplier, noting that the mop was just out of the warranty period but hoped that Haan would back their product and provide me with some assistance but they have refused to do anything to help.
UPDATE!!
Haan emailed me after posting this review and informed me that the supplier, (Crazy Sales) that I contacted regarding my problem with the steam mop had not bothered to contact them with my complaint. Now that Haan know about my problem they have informed me that they are more than happy to repair my mop. Thank you to Haan.

Purchased at: Crazy Sales

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Love it !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2017

I have been using another brand but it was difficult to put the pad on and the floor was always wet, so had to use a mop after using the steam cleaner. I have chosen HAAN after reading the reviews on Choice magazine and am very happy with my purchase. With HAAN, attaching the pad is so easy and no more dribbles, so no more wiping after you use the cleaner! Also you don't have to hold the switch while you are mopping and can just glide around the house. The clicking noise some complain about doesn't bother me at all. The only minor point is that it is a bit tricky to put the hand held unit back into the body.

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Surpasses my expectations for a steam mop - loving it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

Having read the reviews both on this site, CHOICE magazine and Youtube videos on the Haan site I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the HAAN SI-A70 Multi with Extended Flexible Nozzle plus 2 extra cleaning pads approximately a month ago. I was extremely satisfied with the efficiency of ordering and delivery of the steam mop to me, on the Sunshine Coast. My experience with steam mops is limited as I borrowed one about 6 years ago and didn't like it at all. However, moving up from Sydney some 12 years ago and now living on the Sunshine Coast, tiles have been the way to go along with a bucket of mop!! I have finally ditched the latter and absolutely love my HAAN purchase. The ease in which I can whizz thru the house and the speed in which it dries (due to minimal water usage) gives it the thumbs up for me. However, I have tried using the attachment for cleaning counter tops and even the upholstery on my little Audi's driver's seat but have to say, it gets a thumbs down as too much steam is emitted and therefore making the area too wet and I was left with a bigger stain than I had before I started on the seat of my car! I use 2 cleaning pads and fill the water container twice to do both the inside and the al fresco area of the house. When I refill the tank I change the pad. I do feel you still have to attack dirty grout the old fashioned way and yes you do have to vacuum the area before starting but that goes without saying! .I am pleased I ordered the extra 2 pads as I have them in reserve. Another minor point - it doesn't stand up as firmly as say, an upright vacuum cleaner, so I am always mindful to ensure it is propped near a wall. Would I recommend this product - absolutely. Some have written about the clicking noise as the steam pumps out - that doesn't bother me at all for at least I know it is working and then the noise changes as it runs out of water. I think the paint job of the product must have been done in one of the car factories in Korea as it is really shiny!! Would I recommend it or purchase it again, most definitely and thank you to this site and its users, along with CHOICE and the Youtube videos from HAAN as I was able to make an informed decision. HAAN does keep prompting you to make a review on their site but I thought I would wait until I had it for a month or so; their marketing is amazing Oh and I have descaled it once, as recommended with no problems.

ADELAIDE

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Cleaning is so much easier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

The steamer has made cleaning our floors so much easier and quicker, and leaves the floor completely dry. Would strongly recommend the multi-purpose steamer so that you can use the smaller part to clean the shower, etc. Replacing and washing the pads is easy. Very reasonably priced as well. Great product!

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Love my new mop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2016

I have recently used another brand of steam mop (expensive) and was constantly having to renew the filter at big cost. This cleaner only lasted for 2 years.
I love this new Haan steam mop so easy to use and very efficient, does not leave the floor soaking wet, and is very maneuverable.

Dayboro

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

New user

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2016

in recent years I have used other bands from expensive to cheap, they all had a similar problem, excessively wet floors, I generally used the celing fans to help dry them. I have used the Haan A70 twice now, water consumption is down by atleast half which accounts for the quicker drying, the floors look better and with markedly less streaks.

I fine my unit requires more energy to move it, maneuverability is good, I guess the energy required is associated with the floor not being as wet, I have not found the need to change the cleaning pad every 10 minutes as suggest, I have changed them after the second tank (40 minutes) only because the suggest is 10 minutes.

Cleaning the pads was easy, under 65 degree water, using a nylon brush, about 1 - 2 minutes per pad.

Presently I am happy with my choice

Purchased at: Online Computer

Long Point, NSW

Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Couldn't be Happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2016

I've had this mop for 2 years now and it's been fantastic. Great maneuverability, haven't had to change the pads yet (washable). The amount of money I spent on cheap-n-nasty steam mops far out ways this one, should have bought this in the first place!

It does make a weird knocking sound but don't be worried it's the machine working it's magic. Make sure that you empty the water tank as this will prolong the life of the product.

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Love this steam mop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

Brought this steam mop direct from Haans website after reading reviews on this site and i have to say im very happy with the quality.
Mopping has become easier, steams up very quickly and is very easy to manouver around the house. Dries very fast, i dont think i could fault this mop.
The company is also great to deal with as my scrub brush was missing after a quick email to them they replied back to me in 10 minutes and 2 days later i received the brush. Would reccomend it to anyone.

Winston Hills

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Happy with the results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

I had a different steam mop that I used for a few years, but went back to the Sabco and doing it the hard way, until I started researching for a new mop. I tend to check a lot of forums before purchasing and so took the plunge & bought purchased the HAAN SI-A70 a few months back. Waited a while before adding my comments, as I wanted to make sure it would keep repeating it's wonderful performance. I am really happy with the results that I am getting with this steamer and it does not take long before you can walk on the tiles as the tiles dry much faster with the HAAN. We have a new home with lots of tiling and it tends to show up the marks a lot, but I have been really happy with the results.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Good Sturdy Mop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2016

I'm very happy with this mop. The head easily twists to whichever direction you are mopping. We have a mostly tiled house and I just refill the small tank once and I don't really have to replace the pad as I don't mind it being a little damp towards the end of the floors. Dries very quickly.

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

It's STILL the best mop I've had :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2016

Well a few months of using the Haan mop & I still love it :) Heats up in 20 seconds & the floor dries within 10 mins and that is NO exaggeration. I don't have any mess or excessive water. I have used the flexible hose to clean some carpet and it worked brilliantly. I can't relate to the comments for it not working properly - the instructions are clear and it's very easy to use. I LOVE this mop :)

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase

This Steam Mop Does The Job!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2016

The HAAN SI-A70 Multi Steam Mop Cleaner is honest! It does everything it professes it can do! I have been steam cleaning our floors for over 10 years, owning a variety of well known brands. After the demise of my last steam cleaner, I purchased this model online. Delivery was very efficient and the instruction manual explained things in a clear and concise manner. This Steam Mop Cleaner gets the job done easily and quickly as it is light weight and versatile. The results are excellent!

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Good product and excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2016

I bought my steamer in 2014 but hadn't used it very often (maybe 15-20 times), because we still haven't put in the main floor surface which we need it for. I was happy with it, once I realised you need to vacuum the floor first and just finish with the steamer. However, recently it failed to heat up, even though I could hear the pump working. It was out of the one year warranty. I sent an email to the HAAN help line, and received a helpful reply, asking me to send the steamer unit to NSW for repair. I did that at a minor cost and it was returned, fully operational in a couple of weeks. I thought this was excellent service, considering it was no longer covered by warranty.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

have to be the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2016

I've purchased a couple of other popular brands before and haven't worked. Haan has a dry steam which is great for bedding and carpets doesn't leave things saturated and is quick to use. Haven't used in the bathroom but am sure it will do a great job. Very quick on delivery as we live in WA.

A Black Porcelain Wonder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2016

We have black porcelain tiles in our ensuite and they have been impossible to clean, streak-free, until now. Purchased a Haan SI-A70 last week and put it to the ultimate test! Passed with flying colours - I am absolutely delighted with this product and would highly recommend to anyone in the market

Purchased at: Crazy Sales

Great Product and great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2016

Bought this Haan steam mob (Haan SI-A70) 2 years ago and recently having some issues with the pump on and off so i contacted the service department and they decided to give me a demo (almost new) with no charge. what else you can expect from this. Thank you so much. Definitely will buy again.

1 of 13 pages

My unit will not turn on. I only have a red light. This is a new unit. I have used different plug-ins and other products work in them. Any suggestions. I got this as a gift and unfortunately no recept.

Bandit asked on Nov 14, 2017

My water tank broke while attached to the handheld mop, and the cap is stuck in it with the broken bottle neck. I have already purchased a new water tank, but have been unsuccessful removing the cap from the mop. Is there any way that I could remove the cap and start using my mop again?? I had just started to like the steam mop and then this happens!! Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Saki asked on Oct 27, 2017

Answer this

I can't answer definitively however a few times it has been tough to pull my tank free. This maybe caused by calcium build up causing high pressure and heat between the rubber suction of the cap contact. Maybe push down and use a solvent.. C-L-R or WD40 good luck. Descale ur mop.

PLEASE HELP! Can anyone tell me which steam mop Choice named as the best pretty please? I can afford a subscription and can't afford to have to buy another mop if the one I pick is crap. I'm a single mum and had save like mad to be able to get one. I'm thinking the haan?

Koda asked on Jul 31, 2017

Answer this

Haan is good, though heavy and wieldy. I can't remember what the Choice number one pick was, but the number 2 was the Kmart steam mop at about $45. I have got one of these and it is better than the Haan or the Wertheim. There are good write-ups on this on product review. Good luck.

Wow really? Thanks so much suzley!

See all 43 questions about HAAN Multi Purpose Floor Steamer SI-A70