Haan offered a free gift to their customers on or about February 2014 to encourage them to write a review. It is possible that reviews during the term of that offer were written by customers who received such a reward.

• 3 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

My steam mop arrived a week ago.
I unpacked it the following day, read the instructions to assemble, when I noticed one of the hand held steamer buttons to release it from the main mop is jammed and I cant unjam it without risking damage.
I have left at least 3 phone messages on their phone number, and also emailed the company. I haven't had any reply and I am getting to the point where I will just return it if this is their level of customer service.
I am even happy to drive from the Central Coast to Auburn (at least a 3-4 hour round trip for me) to replace the hand held component, but I get no response form the company.
I am extremely disappointed with HAAN as they appear to be very happy to sell the product, then do nothing to assist after the purchase.
So much for getting my floors cleaned before my guests arrive :(

Purchased at: Online Computer

Comments
HAAN Official

Dear. Customer Good afternoon. We apologise for your inconvenience with the HAAN steam mop. Let us send the replacement immediately. Could you please send an email to admin@haanaustralia.com.... read more »

Thank You . I have sent you an email in response.

HAAN Official

Dear. Customer We keep checking our emails, but haven't received your email yet. It seems that there is some system error to receive your email. Could you please re-send the email to admin@haa... read more »

• 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Are these reviews real???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I dont know who has reviewed the mop but I've had it for over two months now and it is terrible.
Very little heat from the mop and doesnt even clean up basic things off the floor.
The unit cant even clean up chocolate or jam off the floor.
I dont know how Haan get away with it but I do not recommend anyone buying this because you will just be wasting your money.
Haan should hang their head in shame for selling such a false product to consumers and then pretending it has the best rating from real consumers.
I wonder what the ACCC will say if they tested it themselves. Did I get a dud model perhaps, who knows because their distributor in Melbourne dont care and would even talk to us when we tried to return it, claiming not to speak English or not understand the problem.
Doesnt work, dont waste your money and forget about after sales support if anything does go wrong.
By the way, look out for the 30 day money back guarantee if you do end up buying one becasue you will need to return it for a full refund. Shame Haan, Shame!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Broke down !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2016

I was looking for a steam mop after research and all the good reviews bought one,it did work for 2 years and now it does not steam,the pads also does not last either,will not buy this product again will buy another brand very disappointing after I gave them a 5 star when new.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 18 helpful votes

Not working

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

I bought it because of a good review. Used two times and it's not steaming. I am in process of returning. They should check the quality of the product. Don't buy it. Just do a research. The tank cap broke after first use and after the steamer is not working.

Purchased at: KMate

Queensland

Useless - Only worked 2 times

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2016

bought this item from Kmate-australia, worked 2 times. They will refund, but I have to pay to send it back from country queensland to get my $219.00 back. Just for information I bought through PayPal who stated in resolution of case that I have to pay to send it back. When I called Paypal they said you can claim 8 times a year for the refund of goods, but you have to take photos etc, and make a claim for the refund.
Don't buy this product, useless so is the company that sells it.

Bundy

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Not as good as the hype.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2016

Leaves wet, ineffective mess and takes too long to heat up. Use a mop and bucket you can get a better result. Don't waste your money on cheap Chinese rubbish which doesn't work like it should misleading people it saves time Better if made in Australia. We are capable.. And not totally useless.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase

I Agree With "Load Of Rubbish" Review

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2015

It looks great until you actually use it! The steam generated is woeful. I had a toy Put Put Boat when I was a kid and it generated more steam power than this thing. That folks is why it only takes minutes to dry its steam cleaning out put is minimal.

Load of rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2015

Where do you get these people, do they work for Haan, or is it haan doing the reviews. We bought a Haan "steam " mop last year, used it twice, biggest piece of ... we have ever bought. Don't buy one. If you must buy a steam mop buy instore where you can take it back if necessary. Our experience was that the after sales experience was somewhat deficient.

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible product which doesn't work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2015

This isn't a good product at all. I would not recommend buying and I would definitely not buy from crazysales.com.au.

I bought this as I have a new baby and would prefer not to use chemicals when cleaning. Unfortunately when its arrived I've very disappointed at the performance.

The steam doesn't come out consistently, it doesn't remove soap scum from the tiles, when using the smaller flat attachment on vertical surfaces water drips everywhere and the pad just gets saturated.

When cleaning the floor it doesn't produce enough steam to remove marks without going over them several times.

I purchased from crazysales.com.au who are now being very difficult when I've asked to return, they have after 4 days of emails (they apparently don't have phone support and take 24 hours to respond to each email) they have now referred me to the manufacturer....terrible customer service Considering I purchased the product through them.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
HAAN Official

Dear customer.
i apologize for any inconvenience caused and
please contact us by email through admin@haanaustralia.com.au

HAAN Multi Purpose

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2014

I bought this one few days ago. It does not give enough steam and I am now planing to return it as it says 30 days money back. I also found that it is very expensive compared to other mops in the market. It is better to check with review we sites before buy.

Lalith

+ Looks good

- No enough steam

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
HAAN Official

Dear Lalith, we are sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with our product. Have you contacted us in regards this issue? We never want our customers to feel that way, so we are happy to refund your money once you requested.

Perth

• 5 comments
  • 30 helpful votes

Over priced over rated

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2013

Completely overrated this mop is no better than a $50 h2o I purchased on eBay in fact it is worse dont waste your money if you look carefully at the many terrific reviews 4 this mop u will see they all have the sane grammar and have all been written by people whom have only registered to review this mop !!

- Over rated over priced

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Given my experiences with this mop I would have to question the legitamacy of the reviews also. Solid at mopping floors, but the attachments are a total waste of time.

Maroochydore, Queensland

• 3 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Absolute rubbish!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2013

Purchased the HAAN SI-A70 Multi with Extended Flexible Nozzle from Haan Australia Website after reading all the positive reviews on this site and I must admit It was a complete let down. The steam component is simply not powerful enough to clean any of the grime off my vinyl floor.It simply goes over it.I had better success with a simple sponge by simply scrubbing over the marks and wiping it off with a rag.

I also tried out the steam nozzle component with all the extra accessories and yet again it was all let down by not enough steam generating/outputting.it simply wouldn't clean anything let alone the stove area as they show on the video on their website.it is simply misleading advertising on their part.

I also decided to return the item since the seller claimed they have a 14-day money back guarantee.I have messaged them online stating my intent to return the item.thus far no replies.Since then I have gone through PayPal to reolve this issue and waiting to see if I should escallate it to a claim since I have no luck contacting Haan.

+ nothing

- everything

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Ok had contact with Haan today.I am told they are sending me a return label for Australia POST.so hoping the steam mop saga concludes soon.

Don't Buy if in Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2013

I just purchased this item. It arrived in Australia with a US power cord, I bought a US/Aust converter. The mop worked for 5 mins before breaking. I was later advised that America has 1200 watts of power and Australia has 2400. There was No mention of this anywhere!!! Now I have paid $150 for a broken steam mop!!!! Not happy!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
HAAN Official

Hey, I don't know where do you have purchased HAAN Steam Mop before but I'm sure you purchased US version(SI-70) from US ebay or others. We are not providing US power cord or US 1200 watt. It's all... read more »

HAAN Official

This is WRONG review. Please note the US model is SI-70 and AUS is SI-A70. We never sold for $150 before in AUS.
And SI-A70 has Australia power plug and 240W.

*240W = 240V

Adelaide

Date Purchased: Jul 2013

Water bottles kept breaking withcracks even after 2 uses.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2017

I bought this mop and had it replaced in less than a year even being used only number of times on a small kitchen.

The other negative about this machine is after complaining and several replacements, they still never replaced their brittle and fragile fault water tank bottles that are so expensive to buy. You have to buy the container and cap seperately.

The plastic material is so brittle that after 2 uses literally On a small kitchen, for some reason the bottle keeps getting big cracks and sometimes holes even with the cap itself.

So you end pretty much spending so much repeatedly on the bottles alone making it more expensive to buy this machine overall in the long run. I would rather go back to old school mopping system.

Even after I mentioned it to haan, they try and say my warranty has expired refusing to listen about their poor quality faulty parts.

I was happy at first but permanently not.

Green Point NSW

• 2 helpful votes

Not worth the money!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2015

I purchased this high rated mop just on 2 years ago after reading all of the rave reviews here. Well I have used no more than once a week here on the tiles at home and was OK with the performance - not totally convinced that I had done the right thing, but assured by all the reviews that I had read. Now it doesn't steam at all and is unusable, I consider it to be a waste of money, after all it does cost a fair amount of money. I have cared for the Haan and it has never been abused or misused followed all instructions in the manual etc. Don't buy it!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

OK, Since writing this review, I have been in touch with Haan Australia and after a conversation with the gentleman whom I spoke to regarding my dissatisfaction with the mop, I decided to 'bite the... read more »

• 1 question
  • 5 answers
  • 22 helpful votes
Private message

I've just thrown mine out!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2015

I purchased this unit a couple of years ago, it always dripped water from the bottle and left streaks. I cleaned the unit out as suggested in the instruction manual. Yesterday I mopped the floors and it was leaking that much water the floor took ages to dry. The pads stopped sticking so they would have had to of been replaced. As the mop leaked so much yesterday I had had enough and thought this wet floor defeated the purchase of having a steam mop; I unplugged it and threw it straight in the skip we conveniently had over the weekend. I'm disappointed as it wasn't the cheapest steam mop on the market and I'll have to research and buy a new one.

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2014

It's a very average steam mop that does steam up my carpet but not able to remove stain. It leaks as well which wet my my carry cot. Honestly it doesn't worth the price, I rather pay a bit more to buy a truly premium one that is working properly.

+ The design

- Leakage, doesn't remove stain, expensive

Comments
HAAN Official

Dear Claire, thank you for choosing our HAAN steam mop and sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with our product. SI-A70 can sanitize your carpets, rugs, mattresses, sofas, etc... but can't actu... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 comments

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2014

Very excited to get this and try it out, but poor results. Moves nicely over the floor, fine for dust and light dirt but no way this will clean anything dried in.
Hand held device is a complete waste of time, tried grease on splashbacks first, nothing doing, then hob, again, nothing, finally, tried the sink, plug and tap areas in bathroom, despite some grime being there almost nothing came out. Toothbrush and bathroom cleaner so much easier and effective.
Not sure if it just doesnt get hot enough or not enough pressure, either way not good enough for $200 product.
Sad face.

+ Looks good, moves well across the floor. Fast shipping. Good communication.

- Simply not an effective cleaning device.

Comments

Note, I have a greater understanding of why all the good reviews, as Haan sent through an email with a promise of a free gift if I posted a positive review. Work that one out for yourself.

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Haan steam mop

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2013

Very disappointed with the purchase of this steam mop. I had hoped that i had chosen carefully and felt that i did my research but was very let down. Waste of money really!!! It is quite heavy and doesn't manoeuvre easily making it hard to turn. More work than a simple mop and bucket!!

+ Heats up quickly

- Leaves floors looking streaky. Doesn't leave floors looking clean. Useless on tiles etc.

Melbourne

• 9 helpful votes

Absolutely Overrated

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2013

Purchased from eBay after reading all these splendid reviews. It was a complete disappointment. There is simply NOT ENOUGH steam produced to clean. Completely useless to clean bathrooms and don't even think about trying it on the kitchen stove. You'll be there 10 years and it'll still be the same. That disappointing. After giving it 3 tries, I put it aside and took out my old fashioned cloth and bucket.

That aside, I've decided to refund this item and I was quite optimistic as the seller did state they have a 14-day money back guarantee. Complete nonsense. After many various attempt to contact seller, there was no response. Had to resolve to a PayPal Resolution claim. After sending item back, seller has failed to collect the item or responded. Still awaiting review from PayPal. Escalated to a claim since Monday 10th June.

Buyers purchasing this item should be warned. It's not worth the frustration.

+ Design

- Poor performance

Purchased at: eBay

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Hi PipuPipu, as outlined in my email, we have issued a full refund as there was some confusion with the collection card. We understand your frustration in the administration process of your retur... read more »

Seems that there is some astro-turfing going on here. Most of the reviewers that have given 5 stars have only reviewed the mop and nothing else. I wouldn't believe the reviews.

Hi mate have you had any success with the paypal claim? I just escalated mine after I had enough of waiting on Haan to get back to me.

1 of 13 pages